WWE SMACKDOWN! RESULTS
February 24, 2006|
Announcers: Michael Cole & Tazz
- INTERNET VELOCITY TAPING:
- Paul Burchill defeated Orlando Jordan in a dark match..
- Gymini & Simon Dean defeated Paul London & Brian Kendrick & Sho Funaki..
- Mascarita Sagrada defeated Tsuki ..
- Sylvan defeated Sean Patrick ..
- Super Crazy defeated Big Vito ..
- IN THE RING: Randy Orton + Chavo Guerrero..
- Randy Orton claimed that he was not the kind of guy to say "I told ya so..." -- BUT I TOLD YA SO!!!
- Randy Orton said all of Rey Mysterio's hopes and dreams were shattered by the loss at No Way Out..
- Randy Orton said all the luck in the world won't help Kurt Angle in their match at Wrestlemania 22..
- Randy Orton started putting down the Guerrero Family leading to RAW's Chavo Guerrero attacking Orton!
- Chavo Guerrero nailed Randy Orton with a frog splash and then Smackdown! security dragged him away..
- TAG TITLE MATCH: MNM (Joey Mercury & Johnny Nitro w/Melina Perez) defeated Matt Hardy & Tatanka to retain..
- Editor's Note: Melina Perez has stolen Daffney Unger's "high pitch scream" gimmick from WCW back in 2000...
- Matt Hardy went for the Twist of Fate, but Melina Perez grabbed his leg and Mercury rolled up Hardy to win!
- BACKSTAGE: William Regal & Paul Burchill..
- William Regal read a letter from "Jenny in New England" that said Paul Burchill's gimmick was embarrasing..
- William Regal said Paul Burchill's pirate gimmick reflected poorly on him and made him look bad......
- Paul Burchill handed William Regal a bomb and lit the fuse and Regal freaked but it was only a dud..
- ANNOUNCEMENT: Eddie Guerrero will be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame on April 1, 2006 in Chicago..
- HANDICAP MATCH: The Boogeyman defeated The Dicks (James & Chad - who got released after the show)..
- Booker T & Sharmell joined Michael Cole & Tazz on commentary and freaked out over The Boogeyman..
- The Boogeyman left a big pile of worms on the announce table, which really made Tazz & Michael Cole happy..
- Editor's Note: Both of The Dicks were released from their WWE contracts the day after this taping..
- WRESTLEMANIA BIG TIME MOMENT: Jeff Hardy jumping off the 15-foot ladder at WrestleMania 2000..
- IN THE RING: Rey Mysterio + Theodore Long..
- Rey Mysterio said he was happy that his friend Eddie Guerrero will be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame..
- Rey Mysterio said he dedicated his Royal Rumble victory to Eddie and that night Eddie smiled down on him..
- Rey Mysterio said Randy Orton got inside his head and he lost his shot at the WWE title at WrestleMania..
- Rey Mysterio said it was his own fault that he lost his big chance at WrestleMania and he let everyone down..
- Rey Mysterio apologized to his family, to Vicki Guerrero, to Chavo Guerrero, to the fans and to Eddie Guerrero..
- Theodore Long came out and booked a 3-WAY for the World title between Kurt Angle, Randy Orton & Rey Mysterio..
- IN THE RING: Kristal Marshall & Jillian Hall..
- Kristal Marshall came down with a copy of the Divas Magazine prepared to give the fans a "sneak peak".....
- Jillian Hall came down and called Kristal Marshall a cheap bimbo and nobody was going to see her (Hall) body..
- Kristal Marshall ripped off Jillian Hall's jacket, leaving her to run away wearing only her bra..
- Kristal Marshall followed the tradition of cheap bimbos before her and stripped for the fans..
- CRUISERWEIGHT TITLE MATCH: Gregory Helms defeated Super Crazy to retain...
- ON STAGE: Theodore Long announced The Undertaker vs Kurt Angle for Smackdown! next week!
- BACKSTAGE: Randy Orton complained about Chavo Guerrero and GM Long making the 3-WAY for WM22..
- MAIN EVENT: Chris Benoit & Rey Mysterio & Bobby Lashley vs Randy Orton & John Layfield & Fit Finlay..
- Chris Benoit put JBL's hand between the ring and ringsteps and kicked them - legitimately injuring his hand!
- Rey Mysterio pinned John Bradshaw Layfield after a West Coast Pop..
- And that's a wrap folks...
Go Back To WWE History | Go Back To SmackDown! History
© 2007, Black Pants, Inc. All other trademarks are property of their respective holders.