TNA WRESTLING RESULTS
NWA: Total Nonstop Action PPV
January 8, 2003 - Nashville, Tennessee - Aired Live
Announcers: Mike Tenay & Don West..
Go Back To TNA History
- OPENING: Mike Tenay + Vince Russo..
- Mike Tenay talked about Vince Russo's Sports Entertainment eXtreme group..
- Eddie Marlin, Sara Lee (the ticket lady) and Corsica Joe were at ringside..
- Ron Killings, Chris Harris, James Storm were in the ring..
- Vince Russo came out with his crew and claimed to be the savior of wrestling..
- Vince predicts TNA will be out of business in six months..
- Vince was insulting the old guys when Sara hit the ring..
- Everybody started brawling with the good guys getting the worst of it..
- The Road Warriors and Jeff Jarrett made the save..
- TAG MATCH: David Young & Tony Mamaluke b E.Z.Money & Kid Kash..
- Low Ki, Christopher Daniels and Elix Skipper hit the ring and cleaned house..
- Jeff Jarrett then challenged all three to a series of singles matches as the main event..
- X-TITLE MATCH: Sonny Siaki w/Miss Desire b Jason Cross to retain..
- Miss Desire clotheslined Jason Cross..
- After a ref bump, and more interference from Desire, Siaki pinned Cross..
- Bob Armstrong said 2003 wasn't going to start off like that and ordered the match restarted..
- Russo came out and said it wouldn't..
- Don Harris then threw Cross over the top rope like he was a piece of garbage..
- Russo ordered B.G. James to beat up Bob Armstrong..
- Jerry Lynn and Ron Killings made the save for Bob..
- TAG MATCH: Jerry Lynn & Ron Killings over Don Harris & BG James via DQ..
- Mike Sanders made his surprise debut to interfer causing the DQ..
- INTERVIEW: Percy Pringle..
- Percy talked about his start as a wrestling fan..
- Percy recalls going to matches with Michael Hayes, John Tatum and Robert Gibson..
- Percy recalls his WWF days with Undertaker..
- Percy hinted around him becoming a manager in TNA..
- NWA TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH: James Storm & Chris Harris beat Slash & Brian Lee to win the titles!
- AXE HANDLE ON A POLL MATCH: Curt Hennig beat David Flair..
- Hennig told Chris Vaughn to climb up and get the Axe Handle..
- Vaughn gave Hennig the pole, and Hennig then pie-faced Vaughn out of the ring..
- Hennig had the axe handle, and was declared the winner..
- Flair attacked him after the match with a bag that contains a mystery foreign object..
- BACKSTAGE: Goldylocks & Kim Nielson + Athena..
- Kim attacked Goldylocks..
- Athena attacked Kim..
- MAIN EVENT #1: Jeff Jarrett pinned Chris Daniels after the stroke..
- MAIN EVENT #2: Jeff Jarrett pinned Elix Skipper with a schoolboy..
- Daniels accidentally clotheslined Skipper off the top..
- James did commentary with Tenay and West..
- MAIN EVENT #3: Jeff Jarrett beat Low Ki via DQ..
- Low Ki had the crossface on forever but Jarrett wouldn't tap..
- Jarrett used the stroke and Daniels and Skipper interfered..
- They were beating on Jarrett until the Road Warriors made the save..
- AJ Styles came in and laid out both Animal and Hawk as well as Jarrett!
- AJ gave Jarrett the Styles clash and spiral tap..
- They teased having Low Ki, Daniels and Skipper all put Jarrett through a table..
- A big surprise had Dusty Rhodes making the save!!!
- END OF SHOW....
© 2007, Black Pants, Inc. All other trademarks are property of their respective holders.