TNA WRESTLING RESULTS
NWA: Total Nonstop Action PPV
January 15, 2003 - Nashville, Tennessee - Aired Live
Announcers: Mike Tenay & Don West..
Go Back To TNA History
- DARK MATCHES:
- David Young b Iceberg from Wildside via DQ..
- Slyk Wagner Brown b John Walters (Northeast wrestlers)..
- Jorge Estrada b Chris Michaels..
- OPENING: Mike Tenay interview Vince Russo..
- Tenay made Russo look like a complete fool..
- Tenay slammed Russo by bringing up WCW ratings and the demise of the company..
- Tenay said the company was salvageable when Russo came in because of all the talent..
- Tenay then asked why Russo built the cruiserweight division around Ed Ferrara, Evan Karagias and Madusa..
- Tenay said that was horrible because he had Rey Misterio & Eddy Guerrero on the roster..
- Russo said that people want entertainment and if you want "Lucha Libras," go to Japan or Mexico..
- Russo started insulting Tenay at this point so he knew he'd lost before he walked into the trap..
- Tenay then brought up David Arquette as world champion..
- Russo bragged about it being a good idea because they got USA Toady coverage..
- Russo claimed they were on the front page of USA Today the next day..
- Tenay asked if it was such a good idea, how come the next week Nitro did its lowest rating in 4 years..
- Russo said "You're full of shit" and accused Tenay was making up numbers..
- Tenay brought up 11/20 and the Jarrett-Killings match which was the most heated match in NWA TNA history..
- Russo bragged about turning 300 people away last week and that there were only 100 people at the show..
- Russo stormed off after saying that he was going to save wrestling..
- Russo said that without him, the entire industry would be dead in one year..
- IN THE RING: Vince Russo + Percy Pringle + SEX + Jorge Estrada..
- Russo was clearly still peeved about the first taped segment..
- Russo said SEX wasn't the nWo..
- Percy Pringle came out and asked to join Russo's group..
- Russo called him fat..
- All the SEX guys jumped Pringle and he did a big-time blade job..
- Jorge Estrada made the save and got beat down and put through a table!
- TAG TITLE MATCH: Chris Harris & James Storm beat Divine Storm to retain..
- Zero-One heel ref Mr. Fred (Fred Rubenstein) did this match, but he didn't do any storyline..
- Trinity did a moonsault off the top rope to the floor onto three guys..
- INTERVIEW: A.J. Styles..
- AJ says he wanted an NWA title match..
- AJ claimed he wasn't with Mortimer Plumtree or with Vince Russo..
- Ron Killings came out and said Styles was so young his breath smelled like Similac..
- MATCH: AJ Styles pinned Ron Killings..
- Plumtree distracted the ref and David Flair hit Killings with something..
- INTERVIEW: Goldylocks & Jeff Jarrett / Road Warriors..
- Goldylocks appearing as if she hadn't slept in a week..
- I think she did it so the Road Warriors wouldn't look so old next to her..
- RINGSIDE: AJ Styles & Mike Tenay + Larry Zbyszko..
- Styles then asked Tenay for a title shot..
- Larry Zbyszko came and did a long promo!
- Larry talked about psychology and tradition and looking at yourself in a mirror..
- Larry says when he looks in a mirror, he sees a living legend..
- They ended up doing a pull-apart to set up the only match announced for next week..
- MATCH: Desire pinned April Hunter..
- They missed every single spot and Desire's pants kept falling down..
- Sonny Siaki crotched April, and Desire was supposed to do a top rope huracanrana on her..
- Desire jumped to the ropes, slipped, and fell down..
- Desire climbed back up, and did it for the pin..
- Desire continued to pound on her until Athena made the save..
- Desire ripped Athena's shirt off, revealing a black bra..
- Desire was obviously told to rip her pants off, but Athena wasn't told this..
- Desire kept trying to rip her pants off and Athena kept blocking..
- PARKING LOT: Mr. Wrestling IV showed up in a pick-up truck..
- INTERVIEW: Mike Sanders + Jerry Lynn..
- Mike Sanders said his role is to recruit the hottest superstars for SEX..
- The crowd started chanting "What!"..
- Jerry Lynn came out to challenge him, and nobody cheered until he called Sanders a bitch..
- MATCH: Jerry Lynn pinned Mike Sanders..
- Lynn kept having Sanders beat but Don Harris would pull the ref out and beat them up..
- Dusty Rhodes came out and hit the dreaded stationary elbow and revived the ref..
- Lynn then won with a TKO..
- INTERVIEW: Dusty Rhodes..
- Dusty asked which was more entertaining:
- Watching Ricky Steamboat wrestle for an hour 300 nights a year..
- Watching a midget beat off in a garbage can..
- Finally Russo showed up and said that as a kid, he idolized Dusty and Flair..
- They ended up adding themselves into the main event..
- But if Russo's team won, then he could book the three title matches next week..
- MATCH: David Young pinned Jason Cross after a spine buster..
- Jason Cross suffered a broken hand and crushed knuckle in the match..
- IN THE RING: BG James & Bob Armstrong + Scott Armstrong + Konnan + Bert Prentice..
- B.G. James confronted Bob Armstrong and Scott Armstrong jumped in between them..
- Konnan did a run-in and beat down both guys with a cane..
- Bert Prentice made the save..
- MATCH: Sonny Siaki pinned Kid Kash with a Siakalypse..
- Kash had Trinity in his corner to keep Desire from interfering..
- Kash was shaking his head because Siaki was constantly out of position..
- Desire went to trip Kash, and barely touched him, but he had to sell it since it was the finish..
- MAIN EVENT: Vince Russo/Low Ki/Chris Daniels/Elix Skipper beat Dusty Rhodes/Road Warriors/Jarrett..
- Low Ki has let his hair grow, so he looks like the baddest dude in the 9th grade..
- Russo was introduced as a former world heavyweight champion..
- Dusty got a hot tag and took down Skipper, Daniels and Low Ki..
- Russo, wearing a hockey helmet and mouth guard, then confronted Dusty..
- Mr. Wrestling IV hit Dusty with a chain and Skipper pinned him!
- Mr. Wrestling IV then unmasked, revealing Nikita Koloff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- END OF SHOW....
© 2007, Black Pants, Inc. All other trademarks are property of their respective holders.