Results courtesy of TNAwrestling.com
There are several major news items to report from Thursday’s “iMPACT!” broadcast on SpikeTV as TNA prepares for the upcoming “Against All Odds” Pay-Per-View on Sunday, February 10…
– New matches have been added to the Pay-Per-View, including Barbed Wire Massacre 2 with Abyss vs. Judas Mesias, plus AJ Styles and Tomko defending the TNA World Tag Team Championship against BG James and his father “Bullet” Bob Armstrong.
– TNA Management Director Jim Cornette offered Samoa Joe the opportunity to be the special enforcer for the World Title match at Against All Odds, as well as a chance to compete for the gold at Destination X. In turn, Joe also demanded a new TNA contract that will pay him more than Kurt Angle! Cornette finally agreed with the contract signing taking place on this Thursday’s “iMPACT!”.
– In the main event on the broadcast, TNA World Tag Team Champions AJ Styles & Tomko retained the gold in a three-way bout against Team 3D and the Motor City Machineguns, despite AJ Styles leaving Tomko during the bout to tend to Karen Angle.
– The broadcast also saw Cornette’s giant backup Matt Morgan get into a fight with Kevin Nash after Morgan insulted the multi-time World Champion.
– In addition, the broadcast featured footage of Kurt Angle, Brock Lesnar and UFC President Dana White discussing Lesnar’s upcoming UFC Pay-Per-View bout.
– Kurt Angle wanted a sitdown talk with Tomko, but it resulted in a brawl between the two superstars after Angle insulted Tomko’s wife. The World Champion challenged Tomko to face him next Thursday on “iMPACT!”.
– Booker T won the Memorable Moment of the Year award, but was interrupted by Robert Roode during his acceptance. Roode blamed Booker for his wife Sharmell getting injured at Final Resolution by putting her in harm’s way.
– Gail Kim won the Knockout of the Year award, and was on hand to accept it despite still suffering from a concussion at the hands of Awesome Kong. However, Kong spoiled the award presentation and ending up attacking Gail again. Before Kong could hit her powerslam on Gail, the ODB hit the ring to chase off her Against All Odds opponent.
– “Black Machismo” Jay Lethal won X Division Superstar of the Year, but later lost his X Division Championship to Johnny Devine thanks to interference from Team 3D. Johnny Devine is now the new TNA X Division Champion.
– New Japan superstars Tiger Mask and Curry Man appeared on the broadcast, beating Lance Hoyt and Jimmy Rave with Christy Hemme, aka The Rock N’ Rave Infection, in tag team action.