TNA IMPACT Wrestling
Location: Orlando, FL
Date: August 18, 2016
NOTE: WrestleView is currently seeking a weekly Impact Wrestling recapper. If you are interested in recapping the show for Wrestleview.com, please email [email protected].
* The show opened with a promo by James Storm calling out referee Brian Hebner. Storm said he had Lashley beat last week, but Hebner was distracted. Storm blames the referee for his loss and wants a rematch. TNA President Billy Corgan comes out and denies Storm the rematch and said it doesn’t look like Storm can win the big one. Storm gets in Corgan’s face and security comes out. Storm hits one of the security guards with a beer bottle. Corgan announces that Storm has been suspended indefinitely.
* Moose def. Eddie Edwards.
* Gail Kim def. Jade.
* DJ Z def. Mandrews, Rockstar Spud and Braxton Sutter.
* EC3 cut a promo calling out Drew Galloway. EC3 accepts Galloway’s challenge for a match where the winner will move on to Bound For Glory to challenge for the TNA Championship. Aron Rex interrupts and says he will be the special guest referee for their match.
* A segment involving Matt and Jeff Hardy aired before the tapings took place with ladders. Jeff is now “broken” like Matt with his face painted white.
* Eli Drake def. Mahabali Shera.
* Lashley called out Dixie Carter and Billy Corgan to the ring. He said he wants to unify all three of his championships (TNA Championship, TNA X Division Champion and TNA King of the Mountain Championship). Carter and Corgan let him know that isn’t happening. Lashley throws down both the X Division and King of the Mountain titles calling them garbage saying no one could beat him for them. When he goes to leave, Carter and Corgan announce a battle royal for next week with the winner getting a shot at Lashley’s TNA Championship.
* The Hardy’s def. The BroMans, The Helms Dynasty and The Tribunal in a Fatal Four Way Ascension to Hell Ladder match main event. Matt and Jeff Hardy are now the No. 1 contenders for the TNA World Tag Team Championships held by The Decay.