TNA WRESTLING RESULTS
Announcers: Mike Tenay & Don West..|
Location: Orlando, Florida (Universal Studios)
Date: January 18, 2007 (Taped: January 15, 2007)
Go Back To TNA History
- BACKSTAGE: Steve Bordon (Sting) attacked Father James Mitchell and then forced him into the trunk of his car..
- INTERVIEW: Jeremy Borash & Team 3-D (Brothers Ray & Devon told Runt to stay out of their business!)..
- TAG TITLE MATCH: LAX (Homicide & Hernandez) defeated Team 3-D (Brothers Ray & Devon)...
- Spanish announcer Moody Jack Melendez tossed LAX a foreign object and helped them secure the victory!
- BACKSTAGE: Abyss was shown going bizzerk backstage after hearing that Sting had abducted Father James Mitchell..
- BACKSTAGE: Gail Kim and Miss Tennessee (Jacqueline) were shown brawling in the bathroom...
- SIT-DOWN INTERVIEW: Jeremy Borash & Christy Hemme + Kip James + BG James..
- Christy Hemme said that women deserved respect and shouldn't have to "lay down" to get ahead in wrestling..
- Kip James came in and made fun of her and spilt his food all over her until BG James came in to stop him..
- IN THE RING: NWA World Champion Christian Cage + #1 Contender Kurt Angle..
- Christian Cage said there is no rest for the wicked and his first title defense will be against Kurt Angle..
- Kurt Angle came out and got in Christian Cage's face and told Christian to cherish the NWA title while he can..
- Christian Cage said they both have confidence but the thing that separates them is he can handle his emotions..
- Christian Cage said he aquired the services a consultant to prepare for the upcoming match with Kurt Angle..
- Kurt Angle wanted to know who it was and started guessing that it was either Bill Goldberg of Brock Lesnar..
- ON LOCATION: Somewhere Sting pulled Father James Mitchell out of the trunk and started beating him up some more..
- They were at the prison and Sting demanded to know what the secret is that Abyss has been hiding from him..
- Father James Mitchell said Abyss was nothing before he met him and he only uses him to be his meal ticket..
- Sting hand-cuffed Father James Mitchell to the fense and said he would get his answers straight from Abyss..
- EYE SPY SEGMENT: Kevin Nash & The X-Division Wrestlers + Austin Starr...
- Kevin Nash said it was time for Alex Shelley & Senshi to leave the nest and the other will get an extreme makeover..
- Austin Starr showed up and attacked Senshi and they briefly brawled as the other guys tried to split them up..
- INTERVIEW: Jeremy Borash & Jim Cornette & Kurt Angle..
- Kurt Angle demanded to know what is going on and Jim Cornette said he didn't know and told Angle to get a grip..
- Jim Cornette said tonight on iMPACT Kurt Angle has to worry about A.J. Styles and then left with Jeremy Borash..
- MATCH: James Storm w/Miss Tennessee (Jacqueline) defeated Lance Hoyt..
- Vince Russo has scripted Jacqueline to be Miss Tennessee and to wear a "Miss Tennessee" sash over her shoulder..
- A.J. Pierzenski & Dale Torborg interfered and Pierzenski added insult by autographing Lance Hoyt's forehead..
- Gail Kim attacked Miss Tennessee. Petey Williams tried to make the save but James Storm got the upper hand..
- INTERVIEW: Jeremy Borash & Eric Young (whacky comedy)..
- INTERVIEW: Jeremy Borash & A.J. Styles (Talked about wrestling Kurt Angle in the main event)..
- MAIN EVENT: Kurt Angle defeated A.J. Styles..
- After the match: Kurt Angle attacked Tomko but Christian Cage ran down and whacked Angle from behind..
- Christian Cage, Tomko, & A.J. Styles triple-teamed Kurt Angle until Rhino & Samoa Joe made the save!
- Christian Cage laughed from the stage and asked Kurt Angle if he's figured out who the consultant is?
- IN THE RING: Steve "Sting" Bordon & Abyss..
- Sting called out Abyss and told him to tell everybody why he was in the prison for all those years..
- Abyss was about to talk, but couldn't do it -- so Sting tried to physically motivate him to do speak..
- Sting said it is public record so he'll go find out -- Abyss dropped to his knees and yelled "Noooo!!!!!"
- END OF SHOW....
© 2007, Black Pants, Inc. All other trademarks are property of their respective holders.