TNA IMPACT Wrestling
Location: Orlando, FL
Date: May 31, 2012
Commentators: Mike Tenay and Taz
This week’s live TNA Impact Wrestling opens up with the roster surrounding the ring as Mike Tenay and Taz welcome us to the Impact Zone in Orlando, Florida.
Lumberjack Match: Sting vs. Bobby Roode
We go to the ring and out first comes the TNA World Heavyweight Champion Bobby Roode. Sting is out next to a big pop. The bell rings and they go right at it.
Sting takes control early on. Roode turns it around with chops in the corner but Sting wants more. Sting unloads again on Roode and goes for the Scorpion. Roode makes it to the ropes and breaks. Sting attacks him on the apron and sends him out to the Lumberjacks. They throw Roode back in and Sting misses a Stinger splash in the corner. Roode throws Sting out now and the heel Lumberjacks beat on him before throwing him back in. Sting fights his way back in.
Back and forth action until Roode takes control and keeps Sting grounded on the mat. Sting makes a comeback but misses another splash in the corner and hits a big boot. Roode throws Sting back to the heels and they work him over. Sting fights them off as we go to commercial.
Back from the break and Roode is still in control of Sting, getting another 2 count. Sting makes another comeback and nails a Stinger splash in the corner. Roode rolls out of the ring and the Lumberjacks protect him as he regroups. Sting leaps over the top rope and takes everyone out. They come back in and Sting goes for the Scorpion. Roode blocks it and applies the crossface submission.
Roode breaks the hold but goes back to work on Sting. Sting blocks a suplex and drops Roode with the Death Drop. Sting goes for the Scorpion again and locks it in. Roode taps out for the win.
- After the match, Sting celebrates in the ring when Hulk Hogan’s music hits. Hogan comes out to the stage and gives props to Sting. Hogan announces Sting vs. Roode for the World Heavyweight Title as the main event of Slammiversary.
- Tenay and Taz hype Hogan’s announcement and tonight’s show. Daniels vs. AJ Styles is still to come plus Devon defending the TV Title against an opponent that the fans chose. Also still to come – Brooke Hogan’s official debut. We go to commercial.
- Back from the break and Madison Rayne is talking about how she and Brooke Hogan will get along just fine.
- We go to the ring where Bully Ray is. He’s here looking for Joseph Park, the brother of Abyss. We see Park in the crowd again. Ray runs down Park and wants to fight. He rips into his family and finally Abyss. This pisses Park off and he comes to the ring but security stops him. Ray tells them to let him come on. Park enters the ring and Ray wants to fight. Ray confesses he left Abyss for dead. Park grabs Ray by his neck and brings him to his knees. Ray says he will sue if he hits him. Park backs off and says he won’t stoop to Ray’s level. Ray calls him and Abyss a coward before leaving the ring. Park takes the mic and says let’s fight right now. Ray walks to the ring but doesn’t get in. He says they will fight at Slammiversary.
- Up next, Austin Aries vs. Chris Sabin. Back to commercial.
- Back from the break and we get a Crimson promo video.
TNA X Division Title Match: Chris Sabin vs. Austin Aries
They come to the ring and go at it as soon as the bell hits, trading holds. Aries takes control and nails a big elbow for a pin attempt. Sabin comes back with a 2 count of his own. Aries dumps Sabin to the floor and dives through the ropes on him. They end up on the floor and go at it. Sabin with a suplex off the top rope for a close 2 count.
More back and forth action. Sabin slams Aries from a fireman’s carry but Aries counters and rolls him up for the win.
Winner: Austin Aries
- We see backstage video from earlier of Hulk Hogan and Taz talking about Gutcheck. Taz is now a judge. Back to commercial.
- Back from the break and we see footage from yesterday of Taz, Al Snow and Bruce Prichard looking at Joey Ryan’s Gutcheck tape. They talk about Ryan’s character and last week’s match against Austin Aries.
- Up next, Brooke Hogan. Back to commercial.
- Back from the break and Jeremy Borash is backstage with Mr. Anderson, Rob Van Dam, Jeff Hardy and Robbie E. JB encourages us to keep voting online for Devon’s opponent.
- We go to the ring and out comes TNA President Dixie Carter.
Dixie talks about TNA turning 10 years old in a few days. Dixie is proud of the wrestlers and thanks the fans, saying TNA wouldn’t be here without them. Dixie says at Slammiversary, TNA will be announcing the very first inductee in the TNA Hall of Fame. Dixie then talks about the Knockouts division. She puts over Brooke Hogan and out she comes to a mixed reaction from the crowd.
Dixie welcomes Brooke and says she is excited about all the things she will do for TNA. Brooke thanks her for the opportunity. She thanks the fans for welcoming her with open arms. Brooke says she grew up in wrestling and loves it as much as Dixie. Brooke says she has some big yellow boots to fill but she’s taking this serious. Brooke thanks everyone again and hugs Dixie. That’s it.
- We see Kazarian and Daniels watching backstage. They can’t believe Dixie didn’t talk about the AJ Styles situation. They’ve got something planned for later. Still to come, Daniels vs. Styles.
- Up next, the TV Title match. Back to commercial.
TNA Television Title Match: Jeff Hardy vs. Devon
Back from the break and we get more Slammiversary hype. TNA Television Champion Devon comes out first as we wait to find out who his opponent is. Jeff Hardy was picked by fans and out he comes.
Lots of back and forth action with pin attempts to start. Devon takes control mid match until Hardy hits Twist of Fate. Hardy goes up top but Robbie E runs down and interferes with Robbie T. The Robbies attack both men and the match is thrown out due to interference. Devon fights back and takes both men out. Hardy joins in and they clear the ring.
- We get a video promo for James Storm.
- Up next, more from Gutcheck. Back to commercial.
- We get a video for the feud between AJ Styles, Kazarian and Daniels.
- JB is in the ring with Bruce Prichard, Al Snow and Taz – our Gutcheck judges. JB brings out Joey Ryan to the ring. Ryan says he is kind of a big deal and right now, he is trending worldwide on Twitter. JB goes to Prichard first. He talks about Ryan’s look and calls him a hell of a talent. Prichard says Ryan has been in the business for 12 years and his vote is no. Al Snow is up next. He says he doesn’t like Ryan or his attitude but he says he has potential and votes yes. Taz must vote yes for Ryan to get the contract. JB gives Ryan the chance to cut a promo and save himself. Ryan speaks and Taz is up next. Taz says if that was the promo to save his life and get a job, then he’s out of his mind. Ryan gets in Taz’s face and has words now. Taz gets angry and votes no. Taz tells Ryan to prove him wrong. Hit the road and come back when he’s ready. Ryan continues running his mouth but didn’t get the job.
- Back from the break and we see footage of Bobby Roode speaking to fans in London last week.
AJ Styles vs. Daniels
We go to the ring for tonight’s main event. Out first comes one-half of the TNA Tag Team Champions Daniels. AJ Styles is out next to a nice reaction from the crowd.
Back and forth action to start until AJ takes control. Daniels turns it around with a big right to the face. AJ ends up on the apron and Daniels knocks him off into the fan barrier. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and Daniels is in control of AJ. Daniels with a moonsault off the ropes for a 2 count. AJ finally takes Daniels down with a heel kick to the head. AJ unloads on Daniels and powerbombs him for a 2 count. AJ springboards in with a big forearm. Daniels blocks an inverted DDT. AJ connects with the pele kick. He goes for the Styles Clash but Kazarian gets on the apron. AJ hits him but Daniels rolls him up for 2. AJ hits the inverted DDT this time for the win.
Winner: AJ Styles
- After the match, Kazarian hits the ring and the tag team champions beat AJ down. Kurt Angle runs down and makes the save. Angle applies the ankle lock on Kazarian. Daniels runs back in and hits Angle with a low blow from behind. They double team Angle now. They use ties and cuff Angle to the bottom rope. AJ tries to make the save but they lay him out with a title belt. They hit Angle with the title belt also and lay him out. Daniels takes the mic. He has proof positive of the affair between Dixie Carter and AJ Styles. He plays a phone call of AJ calling Dixie and them making plans to get together and keep it from her husband. Dixie runs out and yells for the production people to turn it off. It sounds like she drops a F-bomb and they bleep it. Dixie yells that they are finished as Impact goes off the air.