WCW PAY PER VIEW
Bash at the Beach 1998
July 12, 1998 - Cox Arena - San Diego, California
- RAVENS RULES MATCH: Raven w/Lodi defeated Perry Saturn..
- INTERVIEW: Mean Gene Okerland & Eddie Guerrero (Eddie vows to shave Chavo bald tonight!)..
- MATCH: Juventud Guerrera defeated Billy Kidman w/Lodi..
- MATCH: Stevie Ray defeated Chavo Guerrero Jr. by Submission..
- Eddie Guerrero came down to ringside and tried to taunt Chavo Guerrero with a pair of scissors..
- Chavo Guerrero shook Stevie Ray's hand and pretended to "submit" from the firm handshake..
- HAIR VS HAIR MATCH: Eddie Guerrero defeated Chavo Guerrero Jr...
- After the match, Chavo went crazy and shaved his own head..
- MATCH: Konnan w/Kevin Nash & Lex Luger defeated Disco Inferno w/Alex Wright..
- Lex Luger took care of Alex Wright while Kevin Nash interfered and powerbombed Disco Inferno!
- CRUISERWEIGHT TITLE MATCH: Rey Mysterio Jr defeated Chris Jericho to win the title!
- Dean Malenko walked down and distracted Chris Jericho long enough to lose the title!
- Chris Jericho chased Dean Malenko backstage where Arn Anderson got involved..
- MATCH: The Giant defeated Kevin Greene..
- UNITED STATES TITLE MATCH: Booker T defeated Bret Hart by Disqualification (Hart retains)..
Bret Hart got disqualified for blatantly using a steel chair during the match..
- Bret Hart put the figure four wrapped around the ringpost on Booker T after the match..
- Bret Hart refused to break the hold until Stevie Ray walked down, chasing Bret backstage..
- WORLD TITLE MATCH: Bill Goldberg defeated Curt Hennig to retain..
- MAIN EVENT: Hollywood Hogan & Dennis Rodman w/The Disciple defeated Diamond Dallas Page & Karl Malone..
- The first 20 minutes of the match they barely touched eachother, resulting in loud chants of "Boring!"..
- Despite an impressive late flurry of offense from Karl Malone, Hogan & Rodman won the match..
- Hulk Hogan & Dennis Rodman celebrated with their entire nWo Hollywood faction..
- FADE TO BLACK....
Go Back To WCW History
© 2007, Black Pants, Inc. All other trademarks are property of their respective holders.