WWE tag team legends The Hart Foundation
WWE Monday Night RAW
Location: Charlotte, NC
Date: October 29, 2012
Commentators: Michael Cole and Jerry Lawler
– Tonight’s WWE RAW opens up with still shots from the Ryback vs. CM Punk match at last night’s Hell In a Cell pay-per-view.
– We’re live from the Time Warner Cable Arena in Charlotte, North Carolina as Justin Roberts introduces WWE Champion CM Punk. Out comes Punk with Paul Heyman. Punk is limping and has his ribs bandaged up. Michael Cole welcomes us to RAW and he’s joined by Jim Ross.
The crowd boo’s Punk as he takes the mic. He says everyone thought Ryback was unbeatable. Everyone said it couldn’t be done. Everyone thought Punk would be just another victim. Punk says he proved everyone wrong. Punk calls Jim Ross a buckethead and says he was wrong. Punk points out everyone in the crowd and says they were wrong. Punk has proved everyone wrong for 344 days he says. Punk says he has defeated every single hero, he’s survived everything they had to offer. Punk brings up beating Rey Mysterio, Randy Orton and John Cena. Punk says Ryback isn’t even in the conversation.
Punk says his win at Hell In a Cell was monumental. Punk brings up Brad Maddox attacking Ryback and says he had nothing to do with it. Punk says the only thing he’s guilty of is taking advantage of a situation brought on by a WWE referee. Punk names him as Brad Maddox. Punk says Maddox was hired by AJ Lee and says that’s all you need to know. Punk says he had nothing to do with what happened at Hell In a Cell. “You suck” chants from the crowd. Punk brings up beating Vince McMahon and Triple H. Punk declares that he is the best in the world and Heyman raises the WWE Title behind him. Punk says he can proudly say he looks at Ryback in a completely different way – behind him. Punk says there won’t be a rematch, he’s moving on. Mick Foley’s music hits and out he comes.
Punk calls Foley a homeless man who has been displaced by the storm in the Northeast. Foley tells Punk to stay classy, making light of a situation like that. Foley brings up Ryback destroying Punk on top of the Cell last night. Punk says the last time we saw Foley, he was on the ground because Punk kicked his ass. Foley says he didn’t come out here to embarrass Punk because Punk did a good job of doing that himself last night. Foley says he gave Punk a choice a month ago – be a Legend or be a statistic. Foley says Punk blew it. They argue about the tradition of Hell In a Cell. Punk rips into the Charlotte fans. Punk brags more about being champion for 344 days. Punk says it seems like Foley wants to do something. Punk proposes a traditional Survivor Series match – Team Foley vs. Team Punk.
Foley accepts the challenge and says Punk is on. The crowd chants for Foley now. Punk says whoever Foley picks… Ryback’s music interrupts and out he comes to a nice reaction from the crowd. Ryback hits the ring as Punk and Heyman retreat through the crowd. The crowd chants “feed me more” as Ryback stands alongside Foley. We go to commercial.
Ryback vs. JTG
Back from the break and JTG is heading to the ring and doesn’t look happy about it. The bell rings and Ryback stares JTG down. JTG hesitates but Ryback grabs him and slams him face first into the mat. Ryback with another big slam. Ryback misses a clothesline in the corner but connects with a big Thesz Press. Ryback slams JTG’s head on the mat some more. Ryback nails the Meathook clothesline and Shell Shocked for the win.
– Josh Mathews enters the ring and asks Ryback if he has an appetite for revenge after what happened last night. Ryback says revenge is an admission of pain and he’s not hurting, he’s hungry. Ryback says when he feasts again, it will be on Punk. Ryback gets a “feed me Punk” chant going.
– Still to come tonight, Sheamus will address his World Heavyweight Title loss at Hell In a Cell. Also, Randy Orton vs. Wade Barrett. Back to commercial.
Randy Orton vs. Wade Barrett
Back from the break and out comes Randy Orton as Wade Barrett waits in the ring. The bell rings and they lock up and go to the corner. They break and Barrett taunts Orton. Barrett with a headlock now. Orton breaks out and dropkicks him. Barrett goes to the floor but Orton follows. Barrett ducks a clothesline and goes to work on Orton’s arm. The steel steps come into play and Orton slams Barrett into the announcers table. Orton brings it back in and stomps on Barrett.
More back and forth. Barrett gets hung up on the top rope and Orton boots him out to the floor as we go back to commercial.
Back from the break and Barrett is in control of Orton working on his arm. Orton fights back with headbutts but Barrett hits a knee to the gut. Barrett with more offense and a 2 count. Barrett goes right back to Orton’s hurt arm. Barrett keeps control and goes for another pin. Barrett chokes Orton on the ropes now. Barrett has Orton hung up in the ropes and connects with a big boot to the face. Barrett with another 2 count. More offense on Orton’s arm now. Orton fights out and nails two clotheslines and a powerslam. Barrett goes to the apron but Orton brings him back in with the second-rope draping DDT. Orton hits the mat and readies for the RKO. Barrett blocks it and nails Winds of Change for a 2 count. Orton ducks the Souvenir Elbow and nails the RKO for the win.
Winner: Randy Orton
– AJ Lee is backstage when Vickie Guerrero walks in. Vickie says AJ will have the chance to explain her affair with John Cena tonight. AJ says she didn’t have an affair. Vickie says the Board of Directors has asked her to consider hiring AJ back as a WWE Diva. Vickie says she will determine if AJ is eligible. AJ says she does want to be a performer again. Vickie asks AJ what she considers her biggest weakness. AJ says she can become too emotionally attached to her job. Vickie asks if AJ is admitting she’s crazy. Vickie wants one good reason why she should give AJ a contract when she comes back. Back to commercial.
Team Hell No vs. Darren Young and Titus O’Neil
Back from the break and out comes one-half of the WWE Tag Team Champions Daniel Bryan. Kane is out next. Darren Young and Titus O’Neil wait in the ring for this non-title match. Young starts off with Bryan.
Back and forth to start the match. Bryan unloads with kicks and Kane tags himself in. They have words and Young takes advantage. Kane drops Young with a big right hand and splashes him in the corner. Bryan comes back in and dropkicks Young in the corner. Bryan and Kane yell at each other some more. Bryan turns around to a big shoulder from Titus. Titus with a scoop slam. Bryan fights back but Titus shoves him to the mat and powerslams him. Titus with a 2 count.
Young comes back in and keeps control of Bryan. Bryan fights out but Young cuts him off. Bryan dodges a backdrop and nails a clothesline. Kane tags himself in and takes Young to the corner. Kane unloads and hits a pair of splashes in the corner. Kane with a sideslam for 2. Kane goes to the top rope and comes down with a big clothesline. Titus tries to come in but Kane sends him to the floor. Young fights Kane off but Kane grabs him and nails the chokeslam. Titus comes in and Kane grabs him, sending him back to the floor. Bryan tags himself in and takes advantage, putting Young in the No Lock for the win.
Winners: Kane and Daniel Bryan
– After the match, Bryan celebrates with both titles and Kane doesn’t look happy. Kane makes the ring explodes, grabs his title belt and they argue about the match.
– Still to come tonight, Sheamus will speak after his Hell In a Cell loss. We see Vickie Guerrero backstage walking and apparently she’s ready to reveal her evidence. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and we see what happened earlier with CM Punk and Mick Foley. Cole talks about Brad Maddox and we see a clip from last month where Maddox made an error in counting a pin on Punk. Then we see stills from Hell In a Cell where Maddox screwed Ryback.
– We go to the ring and out comes Vickie Guerrero. She says she’s here to reassure everyone that this is a new era on RAW. Vickie says she has been promising evidence that John Cena and AJ Lee had an affair. Vickie calls out Cena to the ring.
Cena says the only reason he is out here tonight is to clear everything up. First Vickie shows us footage from three weeks ago where Cena asked AJ out on a date in the ring. Cena says it was just a joke and everyone understood that. Vickie shows footage next from last week and we see Cena consoling AJ after she was fired as General Manager. Cena says he was just giving a friend a shoulder to cry on. Next Vickie has a still photo of Cena and AJ out having dinner somewhere. Cena says that was the business meeting dinner he told the world about last week. Cena says they were discussing his condition and when he would return to action. Vickie says Cena is pathetic and has an answer for everything. Next Vickie has footage of Cena and Vickie at a hotel elevator. AJ enters the elevator and rides up with Cena apparently. Cena looks worried now as Vickie rubs it in.
A “you are busted” chant breaks out in the crowd. Cena says he knows how it looks and Vickie laughs. Cena says AJ was going to confront Vickie and he convinced her it was a bad decision. Cena says it’s just two people getting into an elevator and that’s it. Cena says they got into the elevator, he walked AJ to her door and that was it. Vickie suggests that AJ let Cena into her hotel room and more happened. Vickie says it’s a good thing she’s in charge and starts calling AJ names. Cena cuts Vickie off and stands up for AJ. They go on and out comes Dolph Ziggler.
Ziggler comes out and says everyone has seen enough to draw their own conclusion. Cena grabs Ziggler by his collar and gets in his face. Cena tells Ziggler to never mention his and AJ’s name in the same sentence again. Cena shoves Ziggler to the mat and walks off to the back.
– Still to come, Kofi Kingston vs. Antonio Cesaro. Back to commercial.
Kofi Kingston vs. Antonio Cesaro
Back from the break and out comes WWE United States Champion Antonio Cesaro. The Miz is on commentary and he doesn’t look happy. Cesaro speaks but is met with “USA” chants. Cesaro says he has learned America has the fattest kids in the world. Cesaro brings up Halloween and calls it a silly American holiday. Cesaro goes on until WWE Intercontinental Champion Kofi Kingston comes out for this non-title match.
The bell rings and Cesaro strikes first. They go at it and Cesaro takes it to the corner. Kofi counters and comes back with a big right hand. Kofi with another block and a kick to the head. Kofi goes to the top but Cesaro knocks him down and hits a knee to the gut. Cesaro keeps control and stomps on Kofi’s chest. Cesaro with an arm submission now.
Kofi fights out and fights back. Kofi dropkicks Cesaro out to the floor. Cesaro pulls Kofi to the floor but Kofi nails a big right hand off the steel steps. Kofi and Miz have words. Cesaro attacks from behind and the brawl continues. Kofi tosses Cesaro over the announcers table and into Miz. Kofi brings Cesaro back in the ring. Miz pulls Kofi off the apron and attacks him for the DQ.
Winner by DQ: Kofi Kingston
– After the bell, Miz rolls Cesaro in the ring and they double team Kofi. R-Truth runs down and makes the save. Miz escapes the ring but Truth unloads on Cesaro and clotheslines him to the floor. Cesaro stands with Miz as Kofi stands with Truth.
– Still to come tonight, Sheamus will address his loss at Hell In a Cell. Also tonight, the teams for Survivor Series will be revealed. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and Vickie walks back in on AJ. Vickie teases her about a relationship with Cena. AJ says nothing is going on and Vickie knows it. Vickie says she will put AJ on the roster if she admits she cares about Cena. AJ refuses. AJ says WWE means everything to her but Vickie is not worth lying for or hurting John. AJ walks off but Vickie calls her back. Vickie has hired AJ. Vickie says if AJ ever lays a hand on her, she’s done. Vickie welcomes her back and says her first match will be against Beth Phoenix. AJ thanks her and walks off.
– There’s a sitdown interview with 3MB.
Zack Ryder and Santino Marella vs. 3MB
We go to the ring and out comes Santino Marella and Zack Ryder before we go to commercial.
Back from the break and out comes Jinder Mahal, Heath Slater and Drew McIntyre. They have new music and new gear. Ryder starts things off with Jinder. Jinder strikes first but Ryder hits him with knees and a dropkick in the corner. More offense from Ryder and the Broski Boot. Slater comes in for a distraction. Mahal drops Ryder over the top rope and tags in Slater. Slater works over Ryder and tags back in Mahal. More offense and quick tags. Slater with a 2 count after some double teaming.
Slater beats Ryder down in the corner. Ryder counters and tags in Santino. Santino unloads on Slater and drops an elbow for a 2 count as Mahal breaks the pin. Ryder comes in and tumbles to the floor with Mahal. Santino pulls out the Cobra but Drew distracts him. Slater takes advantage but Santino hits Drew with the Cobra. Slater comes from behind and hits his finisher for the win.
Winners: Heath Slater and Jinder Mahal
– Still to come tonight, AJ vs. Beth. We go to commercial.
– It’s announced Jerry Lawler will return in two weeks.
Beth Phoenix vs. AJ Lee
Beth Phoenix waits in the ring as AJ Lee makes her way out. Beth bullies AJ and tries to intimidate her to start the match. Beth shoves AJ to the mat and continues running her mouth. AJ snaps and unloads on Beth. Beth slams her hard and kicks her around. Beth takes the fight to the floor and beats AJ up some more. Beth brings it back in for a 2 count. AJ rolls Beth up for the win out of nowhere.
Winner: AJ Lee
After the match, Vickie comes out and says she expected more from AJ. Vickie re-starts the match. Beth wins with a quick Glam Slam.
Winner: Beth Phoenix
– Up next, Sheamus will speak. Back to commercial.
– We get a look back at what happened at Hell In a Cell with the referee.
– We go to the ring and out comes former World Heavyweight Champion Sheamus.
Sheamus talks about how he still has a smile on his face after losing the World Heavyweight Title. Sheamus says he is disappointed but last night, Big Show was the better man. Sheamus says it took two knockout punches to do it but Show did knock him out. Sheamus says he didn’t come to WWE to always win, he came to fight. Sheamus says last night was the fight of his life. Sheamus says Show won the battle but the war is far from over. Sheamus says he is dying to get back in the ring with Show. He guarantees it won’t be a fight next time, it’s going to be an all out war and when it’s done, he will have the World Title back. Out comes Big Show.
Show comes out all smiles and hits the ring with his World Heavyweight Title belt. Show brags about the belt looking good on him. Show says he did exactly what he said he would do at Hell In a Cell. Show rips Sheamus and the fans. Show says nobody has ever made him dig that deep and want something that bad but he realized he has no limits and there is no stopping him. Show says whatever Sheamus brings won’t be good enough. Show is going to enjoy knocking the smile off his face. Show declares that Sheamus can’t beat him and will never take the belt from him. Sheamus calls that a magnificent speech and scoops Show for White Noise. Sheamus nails it as the crowd pops. Sheamus backs up the ramp and stares Show down.
– Still to come tonight, the teams for Survivor Series will be revealed. Sin Cara and Rey Mysterio vs. Cody Rhodes and Damien Sandow is up next. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and Cena is backstage with AJ. He hugs her and tells her to keep her chin up. We see Vickie watching from behind a curtain. AJ walks off and Beth walks up to Vickie. Beth thanks her for re-starting the match. Vickie says if Beth would have done her job the first time she would not have had to restart it. Vickie fires Beth and walks off.
Rey Mysterio and Sin Cara vs. Cody Rhodes and Damien Sandow
We go to the ring and out first comes Rey Mysterio followed by his partner Sin Cara. Damien Sandow and Cody Rhodes are out next.
Rhodes and Mysterio start things out. They go back and forth. Rey with a dropkick to the face for a 2 count. Rhodes retreats to his corner and tags in Sandow. Rey tags in Cara. They go at it and Cara dumps Sandow in the corner. Cody comes back in and Cara unloads with kicks. Rey comes in and keeps up the attack with some double teaming on Cody. 2 count by Rey. Cody turns it around and tags in Sandow. Sandow works over Rey for another 2 count. Sandow with another tag as they keep Rey down on the mat.
Rey turns it around and tags in Cara. Rey knocks Sandow off the apron and Cara dropkicks Cody to the floor. Rey launches Cara to the apron and he moonsaults out onto Cody. Rey sentons out onto Sandow on the other side of the ring. We go to commercial.
Back from the break, Rhodes and Sandow are in control of Cara. Cody hits a long vertical suplex for a 2 count. Cody works on Cara’s arm now. Sandow comes back in and continues the attack. Sandow keeps Cara from tagging and in comes Cody for some more double teaming. Cara counters Cody and rolls him up for 2. Cara with a big takedown as Rey gets the crowd hype. Rey tags and comes in off the top, taking out Cody with a senton. Rey with a big head scissors takedown and a kick to the arm. Cody comes back and tosses Rey to the floor but he lands on his feet. Cody distracts the referee and Sandow gets a cheap shot in on Rey, sending him to the floor. Sandow tags back in for more double teaming now. Sandow with a big leg sweep and the Elbow of Disdain for a close 2 count. More tags by Sandow and Rhodes as they keep Rey in their corner. Rey counters Sandow with a roll up for 2. Cody comes back in and keeps Rey down. Another 2 count by Cody. Cody with a running knee to the head and another pin attempt. More quick tags as they keep Rey from tagging. Rey blocks a double suplex and turns it into a double DDT. Rey tags in Cara and he unloads on both men with a double crossbody. Cara with a back elbow to Sandow and an enziguri kick. Cara with a 2 count on Sandow. Cara with kicks and the big arm drag now. Cara dropkicks Sandow to the floor but in comes Cody. Cara puts Cody in position for 619. Rey comes in but Cody slides to safety. They end up on the floor and Cody sends Rey into the steps. Cara corkscrews out onto Cody. Cara kicks Sandow in the head and climbs to the top. Rhodes pulls Sandow and Cara lands on the mat. Sandow hits The End for the win.
Winners: Damien Sandow and Cody Rhodes
– Back from the break and we get another video for WWE’s partnership with Susan G. Komen. We come back and Vince McMahon is on the stage with the WWE roster. He introduces some people from the foundation and John Cena is in the ring with them where everything is pink. Cena talks about the partnership and how it worked because of the WWE Universe involvement. Cena presents the foundation with a check for $1,000,000 from WWE. Dorothy Jones speaks and talks about how the money will help fight breast cancer. She thanks Cena, Vince and WWE. Cena thanks the fans and says they have provided the gift of life. Cena gives a shout out to breast cancer survivors in the crowd.
Alberto Del Rio vs. Justin Gabriel
Back from the break and out comes Alberto Del Rio as Ricardo Rodriguez begins the introduction. Justin Gabriel waits in the ring.
Del Rio strikes first and takes Gabriel to the corner. Del Rio with a suplex and a 2 count. More offense from Del Rio and another pin attempt. Gabriel turns it around and sends Del Rio across the ring. Gabriel with a clothesline out of the corner and a 2 count. Gabriel sends Del Rio out to the floor and dropkicks him back. Gabriel brings it back in the ring but Del Rio kicks him in the face. Del Rio works on the arm now.
Del Rio with a 2 count now. Del Rio goes right back to the arm. Gabriel fights out but Del Rio catches him in a tilt-a-whirl backbreaker for 2. Del Rio with more offense on Gabriel’s arm. Del Rio with a backdrop and another pin attempt. Gabriel tries to fight back again but Del Rio sends him to the mat. Del Rio with kicks to the back and another pin attempt. More work on Gabriel’s arm now. Gabriel counters a backbreaker and kicks Del Rio in the face. Gabriel unloads with kicks. Gabriel with a nice counter and a close 2 count. Del Rio turns it around and hits the big kick in the corner. Del Rio with the cross armbreaker for the win.
Winner: Alberto Del Rio
– Back from the break and Paul Heyman is in the ring. Heyman introduces himself and then brings out WWE Champion CM Punk.
Punk comes out in his gear and he’s still limping from Hell In a Cell. They have a big WWE ’13 banner drop from the ceiling with Punk on the cover. Heyman says this is a larger than life presentation for a larger than life personality. Heyman calls Punk the greatest WWE Champion of all time. Heyman says Punk asked him to put together Team Punk for Survivor Series. Heyman brings out the first member of Team Punk and it’s The Miz.
Heyman brings out Cody Rhodes and Damien Sandow next. Heyman calls the next person an almost co-captain and brings out Alberto Del Rio. Team Punk is assembled and will have Heyman and Ricardo at ringside. Punk takes the mic and tells the crowd to shut up and listen. Punk says Survivor Series will be a celebration of him holding the WWE Title for one year. Punk starts ripping Foley and out he comes.
Foley hits the ring and the crowd chants for him. Foley says he has a problem calling Punk a man. They go back and forth on the mic. Foley puts over his team. Foley brings out the first man for his team and it’s Kofi Kingston. Out next comes Kane and Daniel Bryan. They join everyone else in the ring. Foley reveals the next man to be Randy Orton. Punk says their plan is to individually eliminate everyone but Foley so Punk can personally get his hands on him. Foley. Foley says that’s a good plan but he’s not competing. Foley will be in their corner. He brings out the final member of his team – Ryback. Ryback stares at Punk as a brawl breaks out. Ryback hits the ring as Punk leaves with Heyman. Everyone else is brawling as Ryback still stares Punk down. Punk raises the WWE Title from the stage as Ryback stands with Team Foley in the ring. The crowd chants “feed me more.” Ryback levels Cody with a clothesline. Ryback lifts Cody up for Shell Shocked and nails it as Punk looks on from the stage. Ryback chants “feed me more” as RAW goes off the air.
Source: Ring Side News