Date: November 19th, 2012
Location: Dayton, Ohio
Commentators: Jerry “The King” Lawler & Michael Cole
- Tonight’s WWE RAW opens up with a look back at the Survivor Series pay-per-view with teasers for the top matches. All this and more on tonight’s RAW.
- We’re live from Wright State University’s Nutter Center in Dayton, Ohio as Ryback makes his way out to the ring to kick off RAW.
Michael Cole is joined by Jerry Lawler on commentary as Ryback hits the ring to a big pop. Ryback says he was about to feast on the WWE Title but CM Punk employed three men to take food out of his mouth. Ryback says his hunger cannot be suppressed. Ryback says Punk and his three men are his prey. Ryback calls them all out to the ring right now for a fight. He says if they don’t come, he will tear the damn place apart until he finds each one of them. Ryback gets a “Feed Me More” chant going.
Vickie Guerrero comes out and says he won’t be tearing anything up. She says he had two chances at the WWE Title and blew it. She threatens him with a fine or suspension if he causes chaos tonight. Vickie says she likes how Ryback destroys people and wants to see how big his appetite really is. Out comes Tensai.
Tensai vs. Ryback
The bell rings and they go right at it. Ryback with right hands, taking Tensai to the corner. Tensai whips him but Ryback comes back and knocks Tensai to the mat. Tensai gets a cheap shot in and then a clothesline. Tensai with a splash in the corner and headbutts, beating Ryback down to one knee. Ryback with a Thesz Press and now he slams Tensai’s head into the mat. Tensai fights back and powerbombs Ryback. Tensai with a backsplash and barely a 1 count.
They go on and Ryback catches Tensai with a big slam. Tensai fights back but Ryback slams him again. Ryback nails the big Meathook clothesline, sending Tensai out to the floor. Ryback follows and throws Tensai into the fan barrier. Ryback says he wants Punk. Ryback brings it back in the ring and hits another Meathook clothesline. Ryback goes for Shell Shocked and nails it for the win.
- Sheamus is seen backstage yelling at the referee who counted the pin in the World Heavyweight Title match.
- Still to come tonight, CM Punk will have a celebration for his 365th day as WWE Champion. Kofi Kingston and Wade Barrett are headed to the ring as we go to commercial.
Kofi Kingston vs. Wade Barrett
Back from the break and out comes WWE Intercontinental Champion Kofi Kingston. Wade Barrett is out next. Barrett wants a shot at the IC Title and he may get it if he can get this win.
Kofi strikes first with kicks. He ducks a clothesline and goes for the headlock. Barrett knocks Kofi down. Kofi plays leap frog and takes Barrett out with an elbow. 2 count by Kofi. Barrett fights back with shots to the ribs and beats Kofi down. Kofi ends up mounting Barrett in the corner with right hands. Kofi with a 2 count now. Kofi runs into an elbow in the corner. Barrett takes him to the corner and drops him with an elbow. Barrett with kicks to the ribs now. The referee backs him off but he goes right back to it.
More back and forth action. Kofi with kicks coming out of the corner. Barrett takes him back down for a 1 count. The referee keeps having to back Barrett off and warn him. Barrett with a neckbreaker and a 2 count. Kofi fights back but Barrett clotheslines him out to the floor. Barrett stands tall in the ring as we go to commercial.
Back from the break and Barrett is still in control of Kofi. Barrett with a tight headlock now. Kofi tries for a comeback but Barrett drops him with a knee to the gut. They go to the floor and Barrett slams Kofi’s face into the steel steps. Barrett brings it back in the ring for a few pin attempts. Barrett keeps Kofi grounded on the mat now. Kofi fights up and rolls Barrett up for 2. Kofi with a heel kick that sends Barrett to the floor.
Barrett comes back in and Kofi unloads on him with a bunch of high impact moves. Kofi hits the Boom Drop. Barrett grabs his leg next but Kofi fights him off. Barrett catches him with the big tilt-a-whirl sideslam for a close 2 count. Barrett gets kicked in the eye now. Kofi with a crossbody from the top for 2. Kofi nails SOS for another 2 count. Barrett with a mule kick and a eye rake on the top rope. Barrett nails the Bullhammer elbow for the non-title win.
Winner: Wade Barrett
- Cole and Lawler talk about Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns debuting at Survivor Series to attack Ryback. We go to a video about Brad Maddox.
- Paul Heyman is walking backstage with a big CM Punk poster. He’s excited about tonight’s celebration. Heyman knocks on Punk’s door and out he comes to a pop from the crowd. Heyman says he will throw a celebration tonight that will go down for the ages… Matt Striker walks up and interrupts. He wants comments about the controversial Survivor Series ending and Punk’s affiliation with Rollins, Ambrose and Reigns. Punk threatens to hurt Striker. Striker asks about Ryback and Punk says what about him. Heyman says tonight is a celebration and everyone is invited, even Ryback. Punk doesn’t seem sure about that and wants to talk to Heyman privately. We go back to commercial.
Kaitlyn vs. Aksana
Back from the break and Kaitlyn is in the ring with Aksana. The bell rings and Aksana begs her to back off. Kaitlyn rushes her into the ropes. The end up on the floor and Aksana drops Kaitlyn on her head. Aksana brings it back in the ring and covers for a 1 count. Aksana mounts her and roughs her up, then slams her face into the mat. Aksana with a submission on the turnbuckles and more offense.
Kaitlyn fights back but Aksana whips her hard into the corner. Aksana crawls over and smacks Kaitlyn. Kaitlyn shoves her off and kicks her in the gut. Kaitlyn fights back and tosses Aksana across the ring twice by her hair. Kaitlyn with a shoulder tackle and another toss across the ring. Kaitlyn puts Aksana on her shoulders and hits the gut buster for the win.
- Still to come tonight, Orton vs. Del Rio in a 2 of 3 Falls Match. Back to commercial.
Brodus Clay vs. Antonio Cesaro
Back from the break and R-Truth is on commentary. He says he’s out here to scout. Out first comes Brodus Clay with Cameron and Naomi. Out next comes WWE United States Champion Antonio Cesaro for a non-title match.
The bell rings and they lock up. Clay takes it to the corner and works Cesaro over. Clay with knees to the gut and elbows. Cesaro fights back with a headbutt and rights and lefts. Cesaro brings Clay to one knee and knocks him over with a clothesline. Cesaro with a chest stomp and a headlock now.
Clay fights back and headbutts Cesaro down. Clay with a big splash in the corner. Clay goes for the second rope splash out of the corner but Cesaro moves. Cesaro goes to the second rope with an uppercut. Cesaro manages to drop Clay with the Neutralizer for the win.
Winner: Antonio Cesaro
- After the match, Cesaro stares down Truth and taunts him before we go to replays.
- We get a video looking at John Cena being honored for his 300th wish with the Make-A-Wish Foundation.
- Vickie Guerrero is backstage talking with a man and a woman. She thanks them for being here tonight and tells them to breathe. We go to commercial.
- Back from the break and we get a look back at the segment with AJ Lee and Vickie Guerrero at Survivor Series. They show the attack from Tamina Snuka also.
- Justin Roberts introduces the Managing Supervisor of RAW and out comes Vickie Guerrero with a man and a woman right behind her.
Vickie starts talking and gets heavily boo’d. She says some people still respect authority, like Tamina Snuka. Vickie says for weeks, AJ has made a fool of herself, John Cena and the fans with her lies. Vickie has eye witnesses with her. The first is Whitney Smith, the woman who came out with her. Whitney is a waitress at a hotel restaurant in Sacramento, California. Vickie says this is where AJ and Cena had their alleged business dinner. The woman tells her story and says Cena and AJ requested a private table in the corner. She says they were being very touchy feely, whispering in each others ears and looking in their eyes. The next eye witness is Doug Brady. He’s a parking attendant. He says he saw Cena and AJ sit in a parked car for about an hour, parked next to a family. The man says the father complained but out comes AJ Lee to interrupt.
AJ comes to the ring and is tired of what Vickie’s been doing every week. AJ says if she wants to fire her, then go ahead and do it. If not, then do everyone a favor and shut the hell up. Vickie says while AJ was busy kissing Cena in the car, Mr. Brady was taking photos with his phone. Vickie says if anyone takes offense to nudity, walk out now or cover your kids eyes. Vickie goes to show us the evidence but John Cena comes out to a big reaction from the crowd. The eye witnesses leave the ring as Cena comes down.
Cena says this is all garbage, a load of crap because Vickie is trying to get people talking. Cena says he will show us how to get people talking. Cena tells AJ he hopes she doesn’t mind and begins to makeout with her. Cena goes back to talking to Vickie but AJ turns him around and continues the makeout session. They get into it until Dolph Ziggler attacks from behind. They brawl and Cena dumps Ziggler out of the ring. Cena chases him up the ramp and to the back. AJ looks on from ringside stunned.
- Still to come tonight, Damien Sandow vs. Sheamus. Randy Orton is shown walking backstage and his match with Del Rio is next. Back to commercial.
2 of 3 Falls Match: Alberto Del Rio vs. Randy Orton
Back from the break and Ricardo Rodriguez is doing the introduction as Alberto Del Rio makes his way to the ring. Randy Orton is out next to a big pop.
Orton goes to work and clotheslines Del Rio for a 2 count. Del Rio kicks him down in the corner and turns it around. Del Rio with a big kick to the back and a 2 count. Orton turns it around and hits a nice standing dropkick. More back and forth action in the corner. The fans chant RKO as Del Rio suplexes Orton for another pin attempt. Orton ducks a clothesline and takes back control. Orton with a suplex and more stomps. Del Rio fights back with a kick and hits an armbar. Orton gets thrown to the floor and comes back in with Del Rio working on the arm. Del Rio slams the arm over and over into the ringpost as the referee backs him off. The referee rings the bell and disqualifies him. The first fall goes to Randy Orton. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and Orton fights back at Del Rio but Del Rio kicks him to the mat for a 2 count. Orton fights out with a backdrop and hits a pair of clotheslines. Orton with the powerslam. Del Rio counters and applies the cross armbreaker. Orton taps out. The second fall goes to Alberto Del Rio.
Del Rio takes his time breaking the hold. The bell rings again and here we go as Orton holds his arm. Del Rio takes him to the corner and works on the arm. Orton manages a roll up for 2. More back and forth action. Orton with a backbreaker and a close 2 count after Ricardo provides a distraction. Del Rio blocks the RKO but Orton drops him anyway. Del Rio blocks it again and locks the cross armbreaker in. Orton fights out for a 2 count. Del Rio misses the kick in the corner and Orton nails the RKO for the win.
Winner: Randy Orton
- Cole hypes the celebration for CM Punk to come later tonight. Cole and Lawler talk about what just happened with AJ Lee and John Cena kissing, then Dolph Ziggler’s attack. We see John Cena rolled his ankle jumping out of the ring. Cena is backstage with AJ and a trainer. The trainer is taping up his leg as we go back to commercial.
The Great Khali vs. Primo and Epico
Back from the break and The Great Khali is in the ring as are his opponents Primo and Epico. Hornswoggle’s music hits and out he comes with a bouquet of flowers. He stands at ringside as the match begins.
Hornswoggle shows the flowers to Rosa Mendes and approaches her as Khali knocks Epico to the mat. Hornswoggle goes over and squirts water out of the flowers, hitting Rosa in the face. She starts screaming. Khali chops Primo and hits the Punjabi Plunge on Epico for the quick win.
Winner: The Great Khali
- After the match, Hornswoggle and Khali dance in the ring.
- A WWE crew member is backstage preparing with Paul Heyman for the big celebration tonight. They have everything Heyman asked for except balloons. Heyman gets upset and yells that he wants balloons.
- The Miz is walking backstage as we go back to commercial.
David Otunga vs. The Miz
Back from the break and out comes David Otunga. His opponent The Miz is out next to a decent reaction from the crowd.
The bell rings and Otunga strikes first. Otunga takes Miz to the corner and stomps away. Miz fires back but Otunga kicks him in the chin. Otunga throws Miz shoulder first into the corner and drops him with a leg sweep for a pin attempt. Otunga with another slam and a big elbow drop. Otunga hits another elbow and covers for 2. Otunga clubs Miz in the back of the head and keeps him on the mat.
Otunga continues with a shoulder and a clothesline for another 2 count. Otunga with big forearm shots to the chest now. Otunga with another big clothesline for 2. Otunga with a bunch of knees and more offense. Miz tries to fight back but gets dropped and covered for another pin attempt. Otunga hops on his back and applies a big headlock, bringing Miz down to the mat. Miz finally makes a comeback and works Otunga over in the corner. The referee backs him off but Miz goes right back with the running clothesline. Miz goes to the top and comes down with a double ax handle shot. Miz goes for Skull Crushing Finale and nails it for the win.
Winner: The Miz
- We see footage from Big Show vs. Sheamus at Survivor Series where the referee went down and Show took advantage. Then we see how Show won and Sheamus beating him with a chair after the match. Up next is Sheamus vs. Sandow. Back to commercial.
- After the break, we see footage from earlier tonight where Ryback had words for Punk, Ambrose, Rollins and Reigns but they didn’t come out but Vickie Guerrero did.
Sheamus vs. Damien Sandow
We go to the ring and out comes Sheamus with a steel chair in hand. Out next comes his opponent Damien Sandow.
We go to the ring and out comes Sheamus with a steel chair in hand. Sheamus takes the mic before the match and says before, it was about he and Big Show battling for the World Heavyweight Title but then Show made it personal by attacking him from behind and knocking out William Regal. Sheamus says Show stooped to a new low at Survivor Series last night. Sheamus says he isn’t smiling anymore. He calls Big Show out for a fight. Big Show’s music hits and out h e comes to the stage. Show limps and has a mic in his hand.
Show says they have nothing to settle. Show says he told Sheamus he would knock him out and win the World Title, and he did. Show tells Sheamus to shut his mouth and listen. They argue about the World Title and Show calls Sheamus barbaric. Damien Sandow’s music hits and out he comes.
The bell rings and they go at it. Sheamus takes him to the corner and Sandow goes to the ropes. Sheamus drops Sandow and he rolls out to the apron and then back in. Sandow with a cheap shot and a headlock. Sheamus runs over him with a shoulder and Sandow retreats back to the floor. Sandow comes back in and takes control. Sheamus fights back out of the corner and beats Sandow down. Sheamus with a big knee to the jaw. Sheamus drops Sandow again and drops knees, sending him to the apron. Sheamus hits a suplex for a 2 count. Sheamus stands on Sandow’s arm and drops a knee onto it. Sheamus tosses Sandow out of the ring by his beard as we go back to commercial.
Back from the break and Sandow took control during the break. He sends Sheamus out to the floor and follows. Sandow works him over and brings it back in the ring for a 2 count. Sandow with more stomps and right hands. 2 count by Sandow. Sandow with more offense and another pin attempt. Sandow wails away on the apron. He comes back in, takes his knee pad off and drops a knee on Sheamus. Sandow with a headlock now. Sandow slams Sheamus again and drops on him with more rights. Sheamus keeps trying to fight back but Sandow stops him. Sandow with a side Russian leg sweep. He goes for the Elbow of Disdain but Sheamus stops him and hits the Irish Curse backbreaker.
Sheamus with a high knee and forearm shots to the chest on the apron. Sheamus goes to the top and comes down with the battering ram. Sheamus hits White Noise and then the Brogue Kick for the win.
- Vickie Guerrero is backstage with Tamina Snuka when AJ Lee walks in. Vickie asks if they have met. AJ says she plans on getting to know Tamina real well in the near future. AJ wants to talk about what happened earlier. AJ laughs at her about her makeout session with Cena. AJ gets upset but Tamina puts her arm in between them. AJ says Cena is hurt and asks what Vickie is going to do about it. Vickie says nothing. AJ says if Vickie won’t, then she will and walks off. Back to commercial.
- Cole and Lawler hype Heyman’s celebration for Punk later tonight. They mention Ryback has been invited.
- AJ Lee is backstage looking for someone and Layla is try9ing to talk her out of it. AJ finds a room and Layla tells her not to go in there. AJ tells Layla to leave her the hell alone and walks in to the locker room where a bunch of Superstars are. She walks to Dolph Ziggler and asks him who the hell he thinks he is. Dolph cuts her off. He says girls like her are a dime a dozen – she came from nothing and will never be anything. Ziggler rips into AJ and calls her desperate, pathetic. Ziggler says she’s nothing more than a shell of a woman now. Ziggler calls her sad, weak and pitiful. He tells her to face it – she’s just trash. Dolph sits back down and AJ wails away on him. Cena comes over and pulls her off but Ziggler and Cena start brawling. Ziggler kicks out Cena’s knee that is wrapped. Ziggler crashes Cena through the bathroom stall and unloads on him. Other Superstars pull Ziggler off but he leaps back on Cena. AJ and a referee come to check on Cena and call for a doctor. Back to commercial.
- Back from the break and we see what just happened with Dolph, AJ and Cena in the locker room. Josh Mathews is backstage and says doctors earlier diagnosed Cena with a possible torn meniscus and says he was rushed into the trainers room after the brawl with Dolph.
Sin Cara and Rey Mysterio vs. Kane and Daniel Bryan
We go to the ring and out first comes Sin Cara followed by his partner Rey Mysterio. Darren Young and Titus O’Neil are on commentary. Out next comes one-half of the WWE Tag Team Champions Daniel Bryan followed by his partner Kane.
Cole reveals that Rey and Cara will be the new #1 contenders if they win this match. Cara and Kane start the match off going at it. Cara kicks Kane in the head and springboards in. Kane runs him over and Bryan tags himself in. Bryan hits Cara with kicks in the corner. Bryan misses a knee off the top and Cara takes back control. Cara with the big arm drag and tag to Mysterio fort some double teaming. Rey with a 2 count.
More back and forth. Kane comes back in and Rey kicks at his legs. Rey knocks Bryan off the apron and drops Kane for 619. Kane slides to the floor but Rey kicks him. Rey runs off the apron and hits a senton on Kane on the floor. Bryan leaps off the apron and drops Rey with a knee. Cara laps out and takes Bryan out. We go to commercial.
: Back from the break and Kane is in control of Cara after a big boot. Kane with the sideslam for a 2 count. Bryan comes back in for a bit of double teaming. Bryan with a surfboard submission now. He breaks it and kicks away. Bryan keeps control and applies a Clutch. Cara breaks out but Bryan drops a knee in his back. Bryan drops a knee over his face now and whips Cara into the corner. Cara hits him with a kick and a DDT out of the corner. Rey and Kane come in at the same time. Rey dropkicks Kane and covers for a pin attempt. More back and forth. Cara comes in and kicks Bryan to the floor. Cara leaps out onto him as Rey goes to the top. Rey comes down but Kane knocks him out in mid-air. Kane covers for a close 2 count. Rey goes back to the top but Kane catches him on the way down again. The match ends when Titus O’Neil and Darren Young interfere. Cara and Bryan end up setting PTP up for 619 and Rey nails it. Kane hits a double chokeslam and that’s it for Titus and Young.
- Punk and Heyman are backstage. Heyman thanks Punk for letting him throw this celebration tonight. Heyman wants this to be a night that makes it all worth it to Punk. Heyman guarantees that nobody will tarnish the night for Punk. Heyman tells Punk his celebration awaits and we go to commercial.
- Back from the break and we see what’s happened with AJ Lee, John Cena and Dolph Ziggler tonight.
- We go to the ring and it’s covered in black and a big red X. Paul Heyman is there and behind him are two posters of CM Punk and one looking at his title reign. The crowd boo’s Heyman and he tells them not to because he is here tonight for a man who has been WWE Champion for 365 days. Heyman mocks the fans and Jerry Lawler. He says fans cry for the return of the Attitude Era but when he and Punk give them a little bit of it, they don’t really like it. Heyman says this is a celebration of 365 glorious days for the best in the world. Heyman brings out WWE Champion CM Punk.
Punk takes the mic and names Shawn Michaels, Triple H, Bret Hart, The Undertaker, The Rock and says they all couldn’t do it – 365 days as WWE Champion. We see a video looking back at Punk’s year as WWE Champion.
Punk says tonight isn’t just about honoring the past year, it’s about looking forward to the future and recognizing his place in history – the top. Punk says he won’t stop til July 2018 on an episode of WWE Main Event when he passes Bruno Sammartino as the longest reigning champion of all-time. Heyman talks about Sammartino and says he deserves to be in the Hall of Fame but says Sammartino could have never beat Punk. Heyman says truth be told, Hulk Hogan could never beat CM Punk. Heyman says Steve Austin couldn’t beat Punk on his best day. Heyman says it will be proven at the Royal Rumble that not even The Rock can beat CM Punk. Punk thanks Heyman for setting all this up tonight. Punk talks about the odds being stacked against him at Survivor Series and here comes Ryback
Ryback heads to the ring but is cut off by Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns. He fights them off and hits the ring. They stop him again and the fight continues. Punk hides in the corner as Ryback brawls with the three NXT stars. They drag him out of the ring and beat him down at ringside. The announce table is cleared and they powerbomb him through it, just like at Survivor Series. Heyman looks on from the floor and they look up to Punk in the ring. Punk goes to the floor where Ryback is laid out on top of the destroyed table. Punk yells that he is the best in the world as Heyman applauds him. RAW goes off the air with Punk standing over Ryback.
Source: Ring Side News