WWE Superstar and former member of the Shield
Date: December 3rd, 2012
Location: Greensboro, NC
Commentators: Michael Cole & Jerry Lawler
– Tonight’s WWE RAW opens up with hype for Sheamus vs. Big Show and Dolph Ziggler vs. John Cena. We see footage of all four men from Friday’s SmackDown. Cena and Sheamus vs. Show and Ziggler will happen tonight. They shift focus to The Shield.
– We’re live from the Greensboro Coliseum in Greensboro, North Carolina as the pyro goes off and out comes the WWE Tag Team Champions Kane and Daniel Bryan. Michael Cole welcomes us to RAW and he’s joined by Jerry Lawler.
Kane and Daniel Bryan vs. Darren Young and Titus O’Neil
The champs hit the ring and we see Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns watching from the top of the crowd. Kane takes the mic and challenges them to come down to the ring. A “you suck” chant breaks out at The Shield. They keep staring at the ring as Darren Young and Titus O’Neil make their way out.
Kane and Titus start things off going at it. Kane fights Titus off and Young. Kane cleans house and sends them both to the floor as we see Dean Ambrose looking on. It looks like Rollins and Reigns have left the skybox. Bryan and Young go at it now. Bryan unloads with kicks in the corner and another tag to Kane. Kane keeps control of Young and covers for a 2 count. Kane goes back to work on Young and works on his arm. Kane tags in Bryan for some double teaming. Bryan works Young over and covers for another 2 count. We see Reigns at a different part of the crowd now.
Kane comes back in and Young turns it around on him. Titus tags back in and beats Kane down in the corner. Kane sends Young to the floor and tags in Bryan. Bryan leaps off the apron onto Young as it appears The Shield are moving closer to the ring. We still don’t see Rollins as Reigns and Ambrose make their way down the steps in the crowd. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and Titus is going at it with Kane. Titus drops him with a clothesline for a 2 count. Young and Bryan come in now and Young keeps control. We see Reigns and Ambrose at the fan barrier now. Kane and Bryan get distracted. Young shoves Bryan into Kane and rolls him up for 2 but Bryan counters it and gets the win.
Winners: Kane and Daniel Bryan
– After the bell, Ambrose and Reigns attack Kane on the floor. Bryan comes for the save in the ring but Rollins enters the ring and stops him. Reigns and Ambrose trap Kane’s arm between the steel steps and go to town on it. Rollins beats Bryan down. Reigns and Ambrose come in and help Rollins to continue the attack on Bryan. The fans chant for Ryback. The Shield lay out Bryan with the three-man powerbomb and leave the ring, going through the crowd. We go to replays as Kane rolls back in the ring to check on Bryan.
– John Cena and Sheamus are backstage talking. Sheamus thanks him for his help on SmackDown. They converse and get ready for tonight’s tag match.
– AJ Lee is walking backstage and she will be in action up next. Back to commercial.
Tamina Snuka vs. AJ Lee
Back from the break and Tamina Snuka waits in the ring as AJ Lee makes her way out to the ring.
The bell rings and AJ immediately ducks a clothesline. AJ gets on her back and they tangle. Tamina tosses AJ across the ring but she comes back for more. Tamina rams AJ back in the corner. AJ counters and goes to the top. Tamina pulls her to the mat by her arm. Tamina works AJ over on the mat now. Tamina with more offense and a 2 count. Tamina takes AJ to the top and puts her in a modified rack. AJ goes down but comes back fighting. AJ with kicks but Tamina drops her with an elbow.
Tamina with another pin attempt and more offense. Tamina with a big headbutt. Tamina drags AJ over and goes for the top but AJ rolls her up out of nowhere for the win.
Winner: AJ Lee
– Cole and Lawler are talking about Ryback when WWE Champion CM Punk comes out with Paul Heyman.
Back from a break and Heyman has a copy of the new WWE Encyclopedia. There isn’t enough content about CM Punk in it he says. Heyman points out that Punk will surpass John Cena on the WWE Champion list this week. Heyman goes on and says Punk should be front and center on WWE’s Mt. Rushmore. Punk takes the mic and talks. He talks about beating Ryback at Hell In a Cell then Ryback and Cena at Survivor Series. Punk wonders why he’s being forced to defend at TLC against Ryback, again. Punk starts ripping into the fans. Punk brings up The Shield and how people are saying thanks to them, he’s still WWE Champion. Punk says that is a lie.
Punk goes on and says he is the reason the fans are here tonight. Punk says if it weren’t for him, we wouldn’t have anything to look forward to on these dismal three-hour RAW shows. Punk says he had nothing to do with Brad Maddox and has nothing to do with The Shield. Punk says he is the hottest thing going in WWE today. He dares fans to change the channel. He then dares the fans in the arena to get up and leave. The music hits and out comes The Miz to interrupt from the stage.
Miz comes out and plays up to the fans. Miz says Punk lies and nobody believes him. They keep arguing and Punk challenges him to come to the ring and take a GTS. Miz says that’s exactly why he’s out here. Miz challenges Punk to come on an episode of MizTV and prove that he has nothing to hide by taking a lie detector test. Punk says the Guilford County Sheriffs have gave him the equipment needed. Heyman speaks now and mentions that Punk thinks bad of Miz behind the scenes. Miz calls Heyman a human walrus. The crowd starts chanting walrus at Heyman. Punk demands that the fans apologize to Heyman right now. They go on for a few more minutes and we’re set for later.
– Still to come, Sheamus and Cena vs. Ziggler and Show. Back to commercial.
John Cena and Sheamus vs. Dolph Ziggler and Big Show
Back from the break and out comes John Cena. Out next comes his partner Sheamus. Dolph Ziggler is out next followed by his partner, World Heavyweight Champion Big Show.
Sheamus and Ziggler start things out. They go at it and Sheamus takes Ziggler to the mat. They run the ropes and Ziggler dropkicks Sheamus before applying a headlock. Cena comes in and unloads on Ziggler before taking him to the mat. Ziggler drops Cena with a right hand and tags in Show. They lock up and Show sends him to the corner. Cena comes back but Show knocks him out of the air. Show stands on Cena and works him over in the corner some more.
Show with more big chops in the corner. Cena ducks the next chop and goes for a scoop slam but Show falls on top of him for a 2 count. Ziggler tags in and drops a bunch of elbows on Cena. Ziggler with a 2 count. Sheamus and Show come in now. Sheamus unloads and goes to the top. Sheamus goes for the battering ram but Show spears him in mid-air. We go back to commercial.
Back from the break and Show continues to beat Sheamus up. Ziggler comes in and dropkicks Sheamus for a 2 count. Sheamus fights out and hits the Irish Curse backbreaker. Cena tags in and knocks Show off the apron. Cena unloads on Ziggler and goes for the Attitude Adjustment but Show runs in and breaks it up. Sheamus goes for a Brogue Kick but Show catches him. Sheamus hits White Noise on Show while Cena hits the AA on Ziggler for the win.
Winners: Sheamus and John Cena
– We see footage from earlier tonight where CM Punk denied being aligned with The Shield, then the interruption by The Miz where he wants Punk to take a lie detector test tonight. That will happen later tonight. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and out comes Damien Sandow. He cuts a promo on the way to the ring and has decided to let one of the fans in the crowd try out to be his apprentice. Sandow asks him some questions but he doesn’t know the third. Sandow rips into him and orders him to leave the ring.
Damien Sandow vs. Santino Marella
Out comes Sandow’s opponent, Santino Marella. Santino comes out and tries to ask Sandow a question. Santino tries to hit him with a microphone but Sandow lays him out. Santino gets up ready to fight as we go to commercial.
Back from the break and Santino is going at it with Sandow. Santino does some power walking and covers Sandow for 2. Sandow turns it around and drops knees to the gut. Sandow with knees to the head now. Sandow hits the Elbow of Disdain and covers for a 2 count. Santino counters with another roll up. Santino comes back with right hands and the hip toss. Santino pulls out the Cobra but Sandow leaves the ring and runs back in. He attacks Santino as he comes in and stomps away. Sandow throws the Cobra out of the ring but Santino drops him over the top rope. Santino goes up high and comes down but Sandow moves. Sandow hits The End for the win.
Winner: Damien Sandow
– Ziggler is backstage venting to Vickie Guerrero about how he had to tag with Big Show. Vickie says she’s starting to lose a little faith. Ziggler wants a rematch against Cena at TLC. Ziggler goes to hug Vickie but she’s hesitant. Vickie walks in her office and there’s Brad Maddox with his personal cameraman. Maddox says he’s here to make sure nobody will ever forget his name. We go to commercial.
– Back from the break and Vickie is backstage arguing with Maddox. Maddox convinces Vickie to put him on TV tonight. If he wins, he earns a WWE contract.
Sin Cara vs. Alberto Del Rio
Sin Cara makes his way to the ring followed by Alberto Del Rio. They go back and forth to start the match as Ricardo Rodriguez looks on. Del Rio goes to take the mask off in the corner but nails Cara with shoulder thrusts. Del Rio with more offense and a 2 count. Cara springboards back into things and unloads on Del Rio.
Cara u loads with kicks and works on the arm for another 2 count. Del Rio turns it around and covers Cara for a 2 count. Cara tries to fight back but Del Rio slams him to the mat. Del Rio ends up on the apron and gets kicked in the mouth. Cara runs off the apron and sends Del Rio into the fan barrier. We go back to commercial.
Back from the break and Cara is in control. Cara tries to springboard in but Del Rio shoves him off the apron and to the floor. Del Rio goes to the floor and works Cara over, throwing him into the fan barrier. Del Rio brings it back in the ring and tries to take the mask off again. They go back and forth. Del Rio with a big back suplex for 2. Cara ends up hitting the big DDT out of the corner. They trade shots now. More back and forth. Del Rio ends up hitting the cross armbreaker for the win.
Winner: Alberto Del Rio
– Vince McMahon is walking backstage. He stops a staffer and tells him to inform Vickie Guerrero that he wants to chat with her in the ring right now. We go to commercial.
– Back from the break and we get a look back at the segment with The Miz and CM Punk earlier tonight.
– We go to the ring and out comes RAW Managing Supervisor Vickie Guerrero to boo’s from the crowd.
Out next comes Vince McMahon to a nice pop from the crowd. Vickie sucks up to him and asks the fans to clap for Vince. Vickie brings up Cena vs. Ziggler for TLC and says it will be epic. Vince says the match needs a stipulation of some kind. Vickie says it should be a No DQ match. The crowd boo’s. Vince whispers to Vickie and he has a Ladder Match in mind. Vickie says that’s impossible because Cena and Ziggler aren’t champions and you have to have something to reach for if you’re going to climb a ladder. Vince suggests Ziggler’s briefcase be hanging above the ladder and the crowd cheers.
The match is made. Vince tells Vickie she can have a good rest of the night. Vickie goes to dismiss Vince and here we go. Vince brings up the lie detector test that Punk will take tonight and suggests some action be taken against him if it’s found that he’s been lying. It looks like it will be Paul Heyman vs. Ryback if Punk is found to be a liar later tonight. Vince’s music hits and he makes his exit.
– Brad Maddox is walking backstage as we go to commercial.
Brad Maddox vs. Randy Orton
Back from the break and out comes Brad Maddox to no music. If Maddox wins this match, he will earn a WWE contract. Out comes his opponent Randy Orton to a huge pop.
The bell rings and Maddox stalls. He goes to the apron but Orton grabs him and hits him with forearm shots. Orton gets caught with an elbow in the mouth and gets pissed. Orton goes to the floor and clotheslines Maddox. Orton brings it back in the ring and takes Maddox to the apron for the second rope draping DDT. Orton hits a RKO for the easy win.
Winner: Randy Orton
– After the bell, The Shield hits the ring and beats Orton down. Orton tries to fight back but they beat him back down. They hit the three-man powerbomb and lay Orton out as the crowd boo’s.
– Still to come, CM Punk will be on MizTV. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and Vickie is yelling at referee Charles Robinson and then she gets it into it with Ziggler. Ziggler says she’s becoming just like AJ and storms off. Paul Heyman comes in and goes face to face with Vickie. Heyman leaves and in comes Cena. Cena gives Vickie props for making the match at TLC. He thanks her and she just keeps getting more upset. Cena says when he gets the briefcase again, he will be champion and won’t fail this time. Cena thanks Vickie again and walks off. She stops him. She had the Divas locker room cleaned out last week and they found AJ’s hair bows with Cena’s face in the middle. Cena says Vickie has wasted everyone’s time for weeks now. They go on and Cena walks out.
Kofi Kingston and R-Truth vs. Wade Barrett and Antonio Cesaro
We go to the ring and out comes WWE Intercontinental Champion Kofi Kingston. His partner waits in the ring as does Wade Barrett and United States Champion Antonio Cesaro. Before the bell, Teddy Long comes out and makes it a Fatal 4 Way Championship Match. Teddy asks who’s title will be on the line – Kofi’s IC Title or Antonio’s US Title. Teddy leaves it up to the fans on Twitter with a RAWactive poll. The options are #WWEUS and #WWEIC. Back to commercial.
WWE United States Title Match: Kofi Kingston vs. R-Truth vs. Antonio Cesaro vs. Wade Barrett
Back from the break and it’s revealed that the match will be a Fatal 4 Way for the United States Title. Cesaro kisses his title and hands it off as we get ready to start.
Barrett and Truth get sent to the floor while Cesaro and Kofi go at it. The two champions go back and forth. Cesaro runs his mouth but keeps control of Kofi. Barrett with a big clothesline on Truth on the floor. Cesaro runs into a kick from Kofi and Barrett sends Cesaro to the floor. Barrett and Kofi go at it now. Barrett with a big pumphandle slam and a 2 count. Kofi ducks a clothesline from Barrett and dropkicks out of the ring to take out Cesaro. Truth comes in and goes at it with Barrett, sending him out to the floor now. It’s down to Kofi and Truth in the ring. They face off, shake hands and go at it.
Back from the break and Cesaro goes at it with Kofi. Cesaro swings Kofi around and turns it into a half Boston Crab. Truth comes in and goes at it with Cesaro now. Truth with a facebuster but Barrett sends him out to the floor. Cesaro uppercuts Barrett and they trade shots. Cesaro nails a big uppercut but Kofi leaps off the top with a crossbody for a 2 count out of nowhere. Barrett nails a big slideslam on Kofi for a 2 count. Truth comes in and hits the big kick on Barrett for another pin attempt. Barrett mule kicks Truth and works him over. Barrett takes Truth to the top for a superplex but Truth fights him off and to the mat. Cesaro runs over and fights Truth in the corner. Cesaro climbs up but Kofi runs up and takes him to the mat. Barrett runs back to Truth but Truth blocks the superplex. Kofi comes over and powerbombs Barrett and Truth at the same time. 2 count as Cesaro breaks the pin. Cesaro blocks SOS and drops Kofi for another close 2 count. Truth catapults Cesaro and sends both of them out to the floor. Barrett goes to work on Kofi. Kofi counters and unloads. Kofi hits the Boom Drop and calls for Trouble In Paradise. Cesaro pulls him out of the ring and comes in. Cesaro grabs Barrett for a Neutralizer but Truth breaks it up. Barrett nails the Bullhammer Elbow on Truth. Kofi nails Trouble in Paradise on Barrett but Cesaro breaks it. Cesaro with the Neutralizer on Kofi for the win.
Winner: Antonio Cesaro
– Cole and Lawler talk about the lie detector test CM Punk has to take tonight on MizTV. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and MizTV is set up in the ring. Miz has a man there from the sheriffs department to administer the lie detector test on CM Punk. Miz brings out his guest and here comes the WWE Champion with Paul Heyman.
Punk comes out and gets strapped in for the lie detector test. Miz explains the test and Punk cuts him off. Punk rips into the fans, Miz and his WWE Title reign. Miz reminds everyone that Heyman has to face Ryback next week if Punk is found to be lying. Miz asks some basic questions to get the lie detector going. We see the test scrolling up on the big screen. Miz asks if Punk thinks he can beat Ryback by himself. Punk answers yes and the test shows he could have been lying. Punk says that doesn’t mean anything because it was an opinion. Miz asks if Punk worked with Maddox at Hell In a Cell and The Shield at Survivor Series. Out of nowhere, Rollins pulls Miz out of the ring and beats him down as Reigns and Ambrose tear the MizTV set up apart. The Shield beat Miz down now.
They lay Miz out with the three-man powerbomb. Kane and Daniel Bryan run down and go at it with The Shield. Reigns takes Bryan in the corner while Ambrose and Rollins work over Kane. Ryback runs down and cleans house of The Shield. Ryback dumps Ambrose to the floor and comes out after him. Ryback tosses Ambrose into the crowd and beats him around. Kane and Bryan are going at it with Reigns and Rollins now. Punk is now alone in the ring. He taunts Miz and stomps on him before kicking him out of the ring. Punk’s music hits and he celebrates. Punk turns around to Ryback. Ryback kicks him and nails Shell Shocked. Ryback goes under the ring and brings a ladder and a steel chair in the ring. Ryback hits Punk with the ladder and then the chair. Ryback goes back under the ring and brings a table out.
They lay Miz out with the three-man powerbomb. Kane and Daniel Bryan run down and go at it with The Shield. Reigns takes Bryan in the corner while Ambrose and Rollins work over Kane. Ryback runs down and cleans house of The Shield. Ryback dumps Ambrose to the floor and comes out after him. Ryback tosses Ambrose into the crowd and beats him around. Kane and Bryan are going at it with Reigns and Rollins now. Punk is now alone in the ring. He taunts Miz and stomps on him before kicking him out of the ring. Punk’s music hits and he celebrates. Punk turns around to Ryback. Ryback kicks him and nails Shell Shocked. Ryback goes under the ring and brings a ladder and a steel chair in the ring. Ryback hits Punk with the ladder and then the chair. Ryback goes back under the ring and brings a table out. Ryback sets the table up in the ring and powerbombs Punk through it. RAW goes off the air with Ryback and fans posing, chanting “Feed Me More.”