WWE Monday Night RAW
Location: Washington, DC
Date: April 1, 2013
Commentators: Michael Cole, JBL, and Jerry Lawler
Tonight’s WWE RAW kicks off with a video package for the top WrestleMania 29 matches. WWE Hall of Famer Shawn Michaels will be here tonight for the Brock Lesnar vs. Triple H hype.
- We go to the ring and Michael Cole welcomes us to a sold out RAW from Washington, DC. Out comes John Cena to a very mixed reaction.
JBL is on commentary with Cole and Jerry Lawler tonight. Cena gets ready to speak but the crowd won’t let him. Cena says he stands in a house divided. Cena says it’s no secret he and The Rock don’t like each other. Cena says he respects The Rock for the global star he is and says he’s worthy of being called WWE Champion. Cena says the childish games are over this year because it’s much bigger – Rock is the defending WWE Champion. Cena says you name it, Rock has conquered it. Cena says tonight, he won’t waste his breath talking about Dwayne’s Johnson. The crowd boos. Cena says he believes Rock is the greatest WWE Champion of all time. Cena says The Great One will fall and the crowd boos. Cena says Rock’s time is up and his time is now. More boos. Cena says at WrestleMania, the WWE Universe will… the crowd interrupts with “Cena sucks” chants. Cena goes on and says the WWE Universe may see a moment they didn’t think was possible. Cena goes on about dealing with the loss from last year and having to watch Rock debut his own title belt. Cena says the mighty Rock will experience failure at WrestleMania. Cena says he has no intentions of replacing the new title belt. He wants to hold it as a symbol… a big “boring” chant breaks out and Cena stops. As a symbol that he’s not only Rock’s equal, but he’s better. Cena yells that the champ is here, drops the mic and the crowd boos some more.
- The announcers hype Cena vs. Rock. Big Show, Randy Orton and Sheamus are shown walking backstage as we go to commercial.
Heath Slater, Jinder Mahal and Drew McIntyre vs. Randy Orton, Big Show and Sheamus
Back from the commercial and 3MB are in the ring. Randy Orton, Big Show and Sheamus are out next and make their way to the ring together.
Orton starts things off with Slater and starts some offense. Drew and Sheamus go at it next after tagging in. Sheamus catches Drew in a big powerslam. They turn it around and Jinder comes in. 3MB keep Sheamus in their corner and get some cheap shots in. Slater comes in but Sheamus makes a comeback. Sheamus hits the Irish Curse backbreaker and tags in Show. Show runs over Jinder and everyone gets involved. The faces get the win.
Winners: Orton, Big Show and Sheamus
- After the match, The Shield appears in the crowd and there’s a six-man stare down. Dean Ambrose congratulates them on their victory. Ambrose says they will leave them laying on their backs at WrestleMania. Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns speak next. Reigns says the whole world will believe in The Shield after WrestleMania.
- Still to come, Shawn Michaels will speak about Triple H’s career being on the line. Also, we will see footage of Jack Swagger and Zeb Colter from earlier. Back to commercial.
- Back from the break and we see footage of Jack Swagger and Zeb Colter out in Washington, DC earlier today. They both speak and Swagger talks about winning the World Heavyweight Title from Alberto Del Rio. Swagger welcomes us to his America.
- Matt Striker is backstage with World Heavyweight Champion Alberto Del Rio. Del Rio cuts a promo on Zeb and Swagger. Apparently it will be Colter vs. Del Rio tonight.
Daniel Bryan vs. Dolph Ziggler
We go to the ring and out comes the WWE Tag Team Champions Daniel Bryan and Kane. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and Dolph Ziggler is out with Big E Langston and AJ Lee. Ziggler and Bryan lock up to start the match. Ziggler works on Bryan’s arm and they trade holds. Bryan catapults Ziggler into the corner and hits him with kicks to the chest. Bryan backs Ziggler into the corner with kicks. Ziggler looks to make a comeback but Bryan clotheslines him. Bryan goes for the No Lock but Ziggler breaks it. Bryan with more kicks. Bryan goes for a submission and works on the leg. Ziggler turns it around with a neckbreaker. Ziggler dropkicks Bryan in the back and covers for 2.
Bryan counters in the corner and ties Ziggler up in the ropes. Bryan breaks it and comes face to face with Big E on the floor. Bryan comes back in and Ziggler hits the leg drop for a 2 count. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and Ziggler has the big headlock stand on Bryan. Bryan eventually fights up and out. Ziggler runs into boots in the corner and goes down. Bryan with more kicks now. Ziggler misses a big shot in the corner and gets caught with more kicks. He ducks the last one and tries to roll Bryan up. Bryan with a big kick to the head. Bryan goes to the top but misses the headbutt. Ziggler goes for a sleeper hold but Bryan fights out. Bryan applies a sleeper of his own but Ziggler falls back and breaks it. They trade pin attempts and then collide hard in mid-air with cross bodies. AJ starts skipping around Kane. Kane turns around and Big E runs over him like it’s nothing. Bryan nails Big E through the ropes. Ziggler takes advantage and rolls Bryan up for the win.
Winner: Dolph Ziggler
- After the match, Big E gets in the ring and runs over Bryan. Big E hits his finisher on Bryan. Ziggler gets in Bryan’s face but here comes Kane with right hands for everyone. Kane grabs Big E’s throat for a chokeslam. Big E breaks Kane’s grip and lays him out with his finisher. Ziggler and Big E pose with the Tag Team Title while AJ stands between them.
- Still to come, The Undertaker will eviscerate CM Punk. Also, Shawn Michaels will speak. Back to commercial.
- Back from the break and out comes WWE Hall of Famer Shawn Michaels. HBK says we can’t have WrestleMania without Mr. WrestleMania. He loves this time of year. HBK runs down some of the WrestleMania matches. He says that’s not why he’s here – he’s particularly interested in Brock Lesnar vs. Triple H. HBK mentions his arm being broken by Lesnar. He says he really got concerned when Triple H’s career was put on the line. He says he has some very serious doubts and concerns. Out comes Triple H to another big pop.
HHH says he knows what he’s doing and he thought they already talked about this. He says it’s the same situation HBK was in. HBK says their situations couldn’t be more different. HBK says in his career match, he respected the other man and it went both ways. HBK says Brock Lesnar respects no one. HBK says Lesnar does this for money and to hurt people. HBK says he’s realized he doesn’t care for this job as much as Triple H does. It’s his life. HHH put his life on the line, not just his career. HHH says HBK won’t be able to talk him out of it. Shawn says that’s not why he’s here. HBK says he came here to tell Triple H he better kick Brock Lesnar’s ass at WrestleMania. HBK says he’s going to be in Triple H’s corner at WrestleMania. Brock Lesnar’s music interrupts and out he comes with Paul Heyman.
Heyman says Lesnar has two words for them but it’s probably not the two they were looking for. Heyman says Lesnar is going to beat Triple H into retirement on Sunday. Heyman talks about everyone that Triple H will disappoint when he loses. He says Triple H is probably used to disappointing his wife anyway. Heyman asks HBK if he really wants to be that close to Lesnar on Sunday. HBK takes his shirt off and readies for a fight. Heyman says Triple H should have just walked away. Now he won’t be able to walk away when Lesnar is done with him. Heyman says Triple H will have to crawl away with his tail between his legs. Heyman continues insulting Triple H and putting Lesnar over. Heyman says Triple H is committing professional suicide. Lesnar’s music hits and they back to the back as Triple H and HBK look on.
- Still to come, WWE Champion The Rock. Back to commercial.
- Back from the break and we see a clip from John Cena’s promo earlier tonight. The Rock will be here later tonight. We also see footage of The Shield speaking to Randy Orton, Sheamus and Big Show.
- The Miz vs. Wade Barrett is announced for the WrestleMania pre-show.
Wade Barrett vs. Zack Ryder
WWE Intercontinental Champion Wade Barrett comes to the ring as The Miz is on commentary. Out next comes Zack Ryder.
Barrett strikes first and beats Ryder down. Barrett with a suplex and a 2 count. Ryder slams his face in the mat and sends Barrett out to the floor. Ryder with a dropkick through the ropes. Ryder comes out and brings Barrett back in. Ryder goes up top but Barrett cuts him off with right hands. Barrett with a high knee to the gut and a 2 count. Barrett keeps control and has words with Miz on the floor. Barrett comes back in and Ryder makes a comeback. Ryder nails the Borski Boot for a 2 count. Barrett turns it around and nails the big elbow for the win.
Winner: Wade Barrett
- Brad Maddox and Vickie Guerrero are backstage when Santino Marella walks in. He says he just saw Vince McMahon storm out of the building to his limousine. Santino says he was yelling upset about Vickie and Brad. Santino says Vince usually fires people when he’s mad. Santino comes back in and tells them it was an April Fools’ joke. Vickie tells Santino to get in the ring because he has a match up next.
- Still to come tonight, The Undertaker will eviscerate CM Punk. Back to commercial.
Santino Marella vs. Mark Henry
Back from the break and Santino Marella is power walking in the ring. Out comes his opponent Mark Henry.
Santino jokes around and kicks Henry in the leg. Santino with another kick to the head. Henry gets upset and grabs Santino by his gear. Santino tells him to stop and threatens to bring the Cobra out. He does and Henry runs him over. Henry with a World’s Strongest Slam for the quick win.
Winner: Mark Henry
- After the match, Ryback comes out to the ring. Henry takes the mic and says Ryback has no right to come threaten him. Henry reminds him they have a no-contact clause until WrestleMania. Henry says only one thing is going to happen tonight, and that’s him smiling. Henry goes to leave the ring. Ryback picks up Santino and uses his body to knock Henry to the floor. Ryback presses Santino high in the air and throws him out onto Henry on the floor. Ryback never touched Henry so he didn’t violate the clause. The crowd chants “feed me more” as Henry gets upset.
- Jack Swagger is backstage giving Zeb Colter a pep talk. Back to commercial.
- Back from the break and they plug Vince McMahon’s Twitter. Still to come, Undertaker will eviscerate CM Punk.
- Matt Striker is backstage with Punk and the urn. Striker asks if Punk feels he’s disrespecting Paul Bearer’s memory. Punk says the better question is does he give a damn. Punk says he’s going to do something nobody else has been able to do at WrestleMania. Punk says Taker is more worried about Paul Bearer’s streak of waking up every morning and that’s now over. Punk goes on and says he will do whatever he has to do to end The Streak. Punk promises that every time someone thinks about WrestleMania, they’re going to think about CM Punk. Punk kisses the urn.
Zeb Colter vs. Alberto Del Rio
We go to the ring and out comes Zeb Colter with Jack Swagger. Zeb warms up and gets ready to fight as we go to commercial.
Back from the commercial and here comes Ricardo Rodriguez on crutches. He introduces the World Heavyweight Champion Alberto Del Rio. Ricardo comes back down to ringside after Del Rio told him not to earlier. The bell rings and here we go. Del Rio taunts Zeb. Zeb swings and doesn’t come close. Swagger stalks Ricardo at ringside. Zeb grabs Ricardo’s crutch and threatens Del Rio with it. Swagger drops Ricardo on the floor. Del Rio kicks Swagger through the ropes. Del Rio comes back in and Zeb attacks him with the crutch for the DQ.
Winner by DQ: Alberto Del Rio
- After the bell, Del Rio grabs the crutch and takes it from Zeb. Swagger attacks from behind and takes Del Rio’s knee out. Swagger beats Del Rio with the crutch. Zeb also gets some shots in as they take turns. Swagger yells at Del Rio while Zeb continues with the crutch shots. Officials check on Del Rio as he tries to get up and we see the marks on his back. We go to replays.
- We see a clip again from John Cena’s promo at the beginning of RAW. Still to come, WWE Champion The Rock will be here. Back to commercial.
- Back from the break and out comes WWE Champion The Rock to a big pop. Rock finally gets a chance to speak and talks about his connection with the fans. He says it’s the only reason why he’s standing here now. Rock says Sunday isn’t about redemption; it’s about the will of The People. Rock says he’s going to curb stomp John Cena’s ass all over WrestleMania. The fans chant Rocky some more. Rock says the will of The People is bigger than Cena can imagine. Rock tells a story about him being President of the United States. Rock talks about hitting the Rock Bottom last week and Cena’s time isn’t now, it’s never. Rock says it isn’t about redemption and damn sure isn’t about passing the torch.
Rock says Cena isn’t just facing The Rock on Sunday; he’s facing the millions and millions and millions. Rock says he lives for that connection with the fans. Rock says Cena can’t deny the will of The People and he can’t beat The Rock.
The fans chant Rocky some more. Rock ends the promo and poses for the fans as his music plays.
- Chris Jericho is backstage walking. We go to commercial.
Chris Jericho vs. Antonio Cesaro
Back from the break and out comes Chris Jericho. WWE United States Champion Antonio Cesaro waits in the ring. Lots of back and forth in the first part of the match. Cesaro drops Jericho with a chop and keeps him on the mat with a submission. Jericho fights out. More back and forth. Cesaro goes to the top but gets tripped by Jericho. Jericho climbs up and hits a bunch of right hands and a hurricanrana to the mat. 2 count for Jericho. Fandango’s music hits and out comes his dancer first. Jericho watches them as we go back to commercial.
Back from the break and Cesaro has Jericho down on the mat after Jericho was distracted by Fandango during the commercial. Fandango was scoring Jericho’s moves with scorecards on the stage. Jericho rolls Cesaro up for a 2 count now. Cesaro with a chest stomp and a 2 count. Cesaro drops Jericho again for another 2 count. Jericho ends up out on the floor again. Cesaro tosses him into the barrier and back in the ring for a 2 count. More back and forth. Cesaro runs into a boot and a shoulder. Jericho with another shoulder. Cesaro tosses Jericho to the apron but he goes to the top and comes crashing down. Jericho with the bulldog. Jericho with a Lionsault. He goes for the Walls of Jericho but it’s blocked. Cesaro counters into a gutwrench for a 2 count. Jericho goes back to the top and nails a crossbody for 2. More back and forth. Jericho goes for the Walls and gets it locked. Cesaro taps for the win.
Winner: Chris Jericho
- As soon as the bell hits Fandango runs in and attacks Jericho. Fandango beats him down. A “you can’t wrestle” chant breaks out. Fandango goes to the top and hits the big leg drop on Jericho. Fandango yells at Jericho and gets in his face. Fandango goes back to the top and hits another leg drop, this time to the back of the head. Fandango grabs a mic and says his name as officials usher him out of the ring.
- Still to come, Undertaker will eviscerate CM Punk. Back to commercial.
- We see some fan Touts predicting John Cena vs. The Rock.
Cameron and Naomi vs. The Bella Twins
We go to the ring and out comes Cameron, Naomi, Brodus Clay and Tensai. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and out comes The Bella Twins with Cody Rhodes and Damien Sandow. Naomi starts things out with one of the Bellas. They lock up and Naomi hits a dropkick. Naomi with a butt bump and a head scissors takedown. Naomi gets dropped over the top rope and The Bellas turn it around in their corner. Naomi fights to her feet but the Bellas tag in and throw her face first into the turnbuckles. Brie comes in now and keeps control of Naomi. Brie with a 2 count. Naomi tries to fight back but gets slammed to the mat. Another 2 count. Brie works on the arm of Naomi now. Cameron finally gets the tag and goes at it with one of the Bellas. Cameron with a head scissors and a split leg drop. Cameron with a DDT for 2 as the other Bella break it up. There’s chaos at ringside. Cameron hits a crossbody but Nikki reverses the pin for the win.
Winners: The Bella Twins
- Up next, The Undertaker will eviscerate CM Punk. Back to commercial.
- Back from commercial and The Undertaker makes his grand entrance. Taker says Punk’s historic title reign lasted well over 400 days but the pain coming to him at WrestleMania will last an eternity. Taker says it was Punk who made this personal. For that, he will suffer. Taker says defeating Punk at WrestleMania is no longer good enough. The disrespect Punk has shown Paul Bearer will cost Punk the ultimate price. Taker says Punk may be right, The Streak may come to an end on Sunday because of his current state of mind. Taker says if it does, Punk will never live to talk about it. The lights go low and out come druids with torches, catching Taker off-guard.
The druid song goes on until we hear Paul Bearer’s famous “Oooh! Yes.” The lights come up and Paul Heyman is dressed as Paul Bearer on the stage and he’s holding the urn. Taker gets pissed and comes up the ramp to get Heyman. Taker stops in the middle of the druids and looks around. He knocks one out and grabs another before letting go. CM Punk is revealed to be one of the druids and he attacks Taker. Punk beats Taker down on the stage. Heyman tosses him the urn and he decks Taker in the gut with it. Punk beats Taker repeatedly with the urn and yells “it’s over!” The crowd chants for both Punk and Undertaker as Punk continues to beat him with the urn on the ramp. Punk pours some of the ashes out of the urn and throws it in Taker’s face. Punk rubs ashes on himself as the crowd boos. Punk raises the urn over Taker’s body and then rubs more ashes on his own body as RAW goes off the air.