WWE tag team legends The Hart Foundation
WWE Monday Night RAW
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Date: May 27, 2013
Commentators: Michael Cole, JBL, and Jerry Lawler
Tonight’s WWE RAW opens up with a Memorial Day video package.
We’re live from the Scotiabank Saddledome in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Michael Cole welcomes us to RAW before leading us to a video package looking at what happened with Triple H and Curtis Axel last week. We also get a look at John Cena returning to confront Ryback.
We go to the ring and out comes John Cena to a mixed reaction. The WWE Champion hits the ring and says it feels like a lot of unrest in the building tonight. A lot of unrest, anxiety and maybe a little anger. Cena talks about Ryback, the WWE Title and the Ambulance Match at Payback. A loud “we want Bret” chant breaks out and Cena acknowledges it. Cena says Ryback never thinks things through and thought too quickly when it comes to the Payback challenge. Cena says he’s had a week to think it through. He says Payback should be hell. Cena announces the main event will now be Three Stages of Hell – a Lumberjack Match, a Tables Match and an Ambulance Match. Ryback comes out and is confident about the match change. Ryback says for Cena to get ready to meet Satan.
Ryback leaves and out comes Paul Heyman while Cena is still in the ring. Heyman tells Cena to say hello to a future WWE Hall of Famer and introduces Curtis Axel.
Heyman says Cena is a fighting champion and issues a challenge – Cena vs. Axel for tonight. Cena says he saw Axel last week and he has guts. Cena warns Axel to stay far away from Heyman because he’s no good. Cena fires back and says Heyman has a deal, the match is on. Cena’s music hits and he stares Axel down from the ring.
– Still to come, Paul Heyman will be Chris Jericho’s special guest on The Highlight Reel. No mention of Axel being in the segment.
– Alberto Del Rio and Ricardo Rodriguez are headed to the ring. Back to commercial.
Alberto Del Rio vs. Big E Langston
Back from the break and out comes Alberto Del Rio and Ricardo Rodriguez. Big E Langston is out next with AJ Lee.
Big E starts the match and goes to work on Del Rio. Del Rio turns it around and sends Big E to the floor. Del Rio dives out onto Langston as AJ looks on. Langston comes back and drops Del Rio over the steel steps. Big E brings it back in for a 2 count. More back and forth. Big E with a series of backbreakers. Del Rio makes a comeback with clotheslines and an inverted atomic drop. Del Rio connects with the superkick for a 2 count.
Big E blocks the cross armbreaker and hits a belly to belly suplex. AJ takes the cover off the turnbuckle and distracts the referee. Del Rio applies the cross armbreaker but Big E powers out. Del Rio counters and gets the win.
Winner: Alberto Del Rio
– After the match, AJ gets in the ring and yells at Big E because her plan backfired. AJ blames Big E. He stands up and walks away but she’s still yelling.
– Still to come, Dean Ambrose vs. Kofi Kingston in another United States Title match. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and Daniel Bryan is pacing around about not being the weakest link. Kane tells him to stop with it. Kane says they have a chance to get the tag titles back tonight. They start arguing and Bret Hart appears to a big pop. Bret gives them a motivational speech and puts over Bryan.
WWE United States Title Match: Kofi Kingston vs. Dean Ambrose
Out comes WWE United States Champion Dean Ambrose and we go to commercial. Back from the break and out comes Kofi Kingston. They trade holds and Kofi gets an early 2 count. More back and forth. Kofi with a deep arm drag and another pin attempt. Kofi fights out of the corner. More back and forth. Ambrose ducks Trouble in Paradise and retreats to the floor. Kofi runs the ropes and goes to dive out but stops himself. Ambrose taunts Kofi from the floor as we go back to commercial.
Back from the break and Ambrose is in control. He drops Kofi with a right hand and gets a 2 count after more offense. Kofi turns it around and catapults Ambrose into the corner for a 2 count. Kofi with more offense and a big dropkick. Kofi with a big crossbody for a 2 count. Kofi with another leaping right hand. Kofi with a roll up but Ambrose counters for 2. More back and forth. Ambrose gets the win after his finisher.
Winner: Dean Ambrose
– After the match, The Shield celebrates in the ring over Kofi. Kane and Daniel Bryan come out for a fight. They hit the ring and fight all three members of The Shield. Kane and Bryan clear the ring as we go to commercial.
WWE Tag Team Title Match: Kane and Daniel Bryan vs. Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins
Back from the break and the tag title match is in progress. Kane with an early 2 count on Reigns. Bryan comes in for some double teaming and a 2 count. Kane comes back in to go at it with Rollins. Kane catches him for a chokeslam but Rollins slides out. Rollins with a big kick to the head and a tag to Reigns. Reigns comes in and unloads on Kane. Reigns with a 1 count. Reigns distracts the referee while Rollins kicks Kane in the head. Another pin attempt by Reigns. Rollins comes back in and keeps Kane in the corner.
More tags by The Shield as they keep Kane grounded. Reigns hits a big body slam on Kane for another 2 count. Rollins comes back in to keep control of Kane. Bryan comes in and takes Reigns off the apron. A big suplex to Rollins. Bryan with the dropkick in the corner on Rollins. 2 count. Bryan with kicks to the chest of Rollins now. Bryan with more offense and a 2 count. Bryan goes up top but Rollins cuts him off. Rollins climbs up for a superplex but Bryan turns it around up high. Bryan drops Rollins upside down in the corner and kicks him. Bryan with a big dropkick while Rollins is hanging upside down. Bryan takes Rollins back to the top and hits a big back superplex. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and Bryan is back in control of Reigns. Bryan beats him down with kicks in the corner. Rollins comes back in and takes control. Rollins drops Bryan for a 2 count. Rollins with a surfboard submission on Bryan now. Bryan slides out and kicks away on Rollins. Rollins takes Bryan down and drops an elbow before tagging in Reigns. Reigns keeps Bryan grounded and slams his face in the mat. Reigns with a huge clothesline and a 2 count. Rollins comes back in and beats Bryan down in the corner. Rollins turns it around and drops Bryan’s face into the turnbuckles. Rollins with a 2 count. Kane comes back in and takes care of Rollins. Kane with a big sideslam for a 2 count. Bryan comes back in and unloads on Rollins. Kane drops Rollins with a big boot. Bryan with kicks to Reigns on the floor. Kane comes off the top with a big right hand on Rollins. Kane and Bryan argue on the apron. Bryan leaps off the apron but Reigns catches him and sends him into the floor. Rollins takes out Kane, who is distracted, and covers for the win.
Winners: Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns
– Back from the break and we see footage of what happened to Triple H in the main event of last week’s RAW. Cole says Triple H was hurt after the sledgehammer shot from Brock Lesnar at Extreme Rules. He was not supposed to be wrestling last week and was advised to not fly to RAW tonight.
Fandango vs. Wade Barrett
We go to the ring and out comes The Miz in street clothes. Fans can vote on the WWE App for his role in this match – special referee, guest commentator or announcer. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and Jerry Lawler announces Miz will be the guest referee. Out first comes WWE Intercontinental Champion Wade Barrett for this non-title match. Out next comes Fandango and Summer Rae dancing to the ring. Back and forth to start the match. Barrett ends up pushing Miz down and kicking Fandango out of the ring. Miz gives Barrett a Skull Crushing Finale and Fandango steals the pin for the win.
– After the match, Fandango is dancing with Summer Rae when Miz kicks Fandango in the face. Summer falls on top of Fandango and Miz counts the pin.
– Still to come, John Cena vs. Curtis Axel. Cena is backstage when Shawn Michaels appears, asking him if he still wants to do this. Cena says he doesn’t back down from challenges. HBK says it wasn’t pretty what Ryback did to Cena at Extreme Rules. Cena isn’t hearing it and walks off. Back to commercial.
3MB vs. The Great Khali, Brodus Clay and Tensai
Back from the break and 3MB waits outside the ring as Natalya, Cameron, Naomi, Tensai, Brodus Clay and The Great Khali wait outside the ring. Khali starts out with Drew McIntyre and hits a huge chop in the corner. Tensai comes in and keeps control. He takes out Heath Slater. Tensai turns around to a big kick from McIntyre. Jinder Mahal comes in and takes control of Tensai. Brodus Clay comes in and keeps control, going at it with Slater. Clay with a big slam for a 2 count. Clay gets the win for his team.
Winners: The Great Khali, Brodus Clay and Tensai
– After the match, Clay takes the mic and announces its Natalya’s birthday. Khali leads everyone in singing her happy birthday.
– Back from the break and out comes Chris Jericho for The Highlight Reel. Out comes his guest Paul Heyman. Jericho has the screen set up in the ring. Jericho says Heyman has been called everything from a genius to a walrus in his career. Jericho says Heyman has always aligned himself with tremendous talent. Heyman says it’s not just that – he discovers and develops great talent – like Jericho himself. Heyman goes on to talk about Curtis Axel and how he will defeat John Cena tonight. Jericho says he has been a big fan of Axel for a long time. Jericho says he wants to talk about Heyman’s other client. Heyman starts talking about Brock Lesnar. Jericho tells him to shut the hell up. Jericho wants to talk about CM Punk.
We see footage from Punk’s last promo on RAW. Heyman doesn’t want to talk about Punk it seems. Heyman goes on about how Punk was the best and dominated WWE. Jericho asks where Punk is. Heyman says he and Punk will have an announcement in the next few weeks about when he will be returning. Jericho says Punk can’t sit at home for 6 weeks and still be called the best in the world. Jericho brings up WWE Payback from Chicago. Jericho and Heyman argue about who’s the best. Jericho challenges Punk to a match at the pay-per-view. They argue some more and Heyman accepts.
– Still to come, Axel vs. Cena. Back to commercial.
Kaitlyn and Natalya vs. The Bella Twins
We go to the ring and WWE Divas Champion Kaitlyn waits with Natalya. Out next comes The Bella Twins.
Kaitlyn locks up with one of the Bellas to start the match. Kaitlyn with an uppercut and a shoulder. Kaitlyn gets dropped on the apron and falls outside of the ring. Bella brings her back in for a 2 count. Bella turns it around but Natalya gets the tag. She puts the Sharpshooter on one of the Bellas and stops her from tagging. Everything falls apart and Kaitlyn accidentally spears Natalya. Kaitlyn gets knocked to the apron and one of the Bellas covers Natalya for the win.
Winners: The Bella Twins
– After the match, The Bellas sing happy birthday to Natalya and call her a loser.
– Bret Hart is backstage with Curtis Axel talking about Mr. Perfect. Bret tells Axel he should get rid of that bum Paul Heyman. Axel says just because Bret knew his dad, he doesn’t know anything about him. Axel says Heyman is the only person who would give him a chance before last week. Axel says he’s going to beat the WWE Champion.
Randy Orton and Sheamus vs. Cody Rhodes and Damien Sandow
We go to the ring and out first comes Randy Orton. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and we get a vignette for The Wyatt Family – Bray Wyatt, Erick Rowan and Luke Harper. They’re coming. Cody Rhodes and Damien Sandow wait at ringside as Sheamus makes his way out.
Orton and Rhodes start things out. Sheamus comes in with a battering ram. Lots of back and forth. During the match, we see a video from backstage where Heyman is giving a pep talk to Axel. Sheamus and Orton get the win after White Noise and a Brogue Kick.
Winners: Sheamus and Randy Orton
– Still to come, Cena vs. Axel. Back to commercial.
Curtis Axel vs. John Cena
Back from the break and out comes John Cena first. Curtis Axel is out next with Paul Heyman. They lock up and Axel takes Cena to the mat first. Cena comes back with a hip toss and Axel retreats to the floor for a breather. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and Axel is working Cena over on the floor. Axel whips him into the steel steps and the referee begins to count. Cena makes it back in but Axel starts stomping away. Axel keeps control of Cena, keeping him grounded on the mat and working on the shoulder. Cena tries for a clothesline but Axel turns it around for a 2 count. Axel with right hands now.
Cena comes back and hits the Five Knuckle Shuffle. Axel blocks the Attitude Adjustment and nails a dropkick for a 2 count. Axel goes to the second rope for an elbow drop. Axel goes back up but misses the second elbow. Cena with a slam for 2 a count. Axel with a big boot and a blockbuster for another 2 count. More back and forth. Axel nails a Perfectplex for a 2 count. Cena knocks Axel off the ropes and hits a clothesline. Sirens start up and an ambulance comes driving into the arena. Cena leaves the ring and wanders to the stage where the ambulance is. Cena checks the front and there’s nobody there. Cena gets counted out.
Winner by Count Out: Curtis Axel
Cena goes to the back of the ambulance and checks. Nobody is there. Ryback attacks from behind and beats Cena down. Ryback brings Cena up onto the stage. Ryback charges but Cena moves. Cena goes for an AA off the stage but Ryback slides out. Ryback shoves Cena off the stage and retreats. Cena looks on disappointed as Heyman and Axel celebrate in the ring. RAW goes off the air with Heyman raising Axel’s hand.