WWE Monday Night RAW Location: Seattle, WA Date: February 8, 2016
Tonight’s WWE RAW opens with a video package for Daniel Bryan, who is retiring, before we go to the normal intro video.
– We’re live from the Key Arena in Seattle, Washington as the pyro goes off and Michael Cole welcomes us. He says Daniel Bryan will be here later tonight. Cole is joined by JBL and Byron Saxton.
– We go to the ring and Lilian Garcia introduces Stephanie McMahon, who is already in the ring with a contract signing setup. Stephanie welcomes us and says we’re just moments away from the contract signing for the WWE Fastlane main event. Fans interrupt her and start chanting for Daniel Bryan.
Stephanie stops for about a minute and then says fans in Seattle are always confused… the Fastlane winner will not be going on to face Bryan, they will go on to face her husband Triple H for the WWE World Heavyweight Title at WrestleMania. She gets big heat for this. Stephanie goes on to hype the Triple Threat at Fastlane. She’s interrupted by the music and out comes WWE Intercontinental Champion Dean Ambrose to a big pop.
Stephanie says he’s early. Ambrose wants to cut to the chase and get the contract signing over with because he has unfinished business with Brock Lesnar. Ambrose gets hype and wants Lesnar’s big ass brought out right now. Stephanie reminds Ambrose she’s the boss and says there will be no physicality at this signing. She makes the introductions… she’s interrupted again as Roman Reigns makes his way through the crowd to a big pop.
Stephanie mocks and welcomes Reigns. He asks what’s the hold up. If Ambrose wants to punch Lesnar in the face, Reigns is ready to get to it. Stephanie asks Ambrose how Reigns always tries to steal his spotlight. She introduces Lesnar and out he comes with Paul Heyman to a big pop. Heyman goes to introduce himself and Lesnar but Stephanie cuts him off and says everyone knows who they are. More big heat for Stephanie. She says Ambrose is first and he signs. Reigns signs next. Lesnar walks up and signs next. Stephanie thanks them and says her business here is done. She leaves with the contract. Heyman calls Reigns big brother and Ambrose little brother. Lesnar stands on one side of the table as fans chant “Suplex City” and he laughs at the two. Ambrose comes around the table and gets in Lesnar’s face. Lesnar immediately grabs him and throws him over the table. Lesnar takes Reigns out by throwing the table at him in the corner. Lesnar grabs Ambrose and lays him out with a F5. Lesnar slides out of the ring and joins Heyman at ringside. Triple H’s music hits next and the WWE World Heavyweight Champion joins Stephanie at the top of the stage. Lesnar walks half-way up the stage and stares Triple H down. We see Reigns and Ambrose recovering in the ring. Stephanie and Triple H look confident as we go to the announcers.
– We see some tweets from various stars on Daniel Bryan’s retirement. He will be here to speak later tonight. We go to commercial.
– Back from the break and we see what just happened in the contract signing. Ambrose is backstage with Reigns and says he’s going to get payback on Lesnar before the night is over.
We go to the ring and out first comes Kevin Owens. Dolph Ziggler is out next. The bell rings and Owens immediately nails Ziggler. Owens throws him to the corner and hits a cannonball for a close 2 count. Owens stomps away. Owens with a big forearm to the head.
Owens talks trash to Ziggler and Cole. Owens keeps control and beats Ziggler around the ring. Owens with another 2 count after wasting some time. Ziggler gets the sleeper applied. Owens finally breaks it by throwing them through the ropes to the floor. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and Owens has Ziggler down in a headlock. Ziggler fights up and breaks out. Owens charges but runs into an uppercut. Owens drops Ziggler with an uppercut and hits the senton for a 2 count. More back and forth now. Owens misses in the corner and runs into the ring post. Ziggler with a pair of clotheslines and a splash in the corner. Ziggler with a neckbreaker and an elbow drop for a 2 count.
Owens blocks a DDT and nails a big superkick for a close 2 count. Ziggler lands on his feet out of the pop-up powerbomb. Owens blocks a superkick and rolls Ziggler up for 2. Ziggler drops Owens with a big DDT. Ziggler goes to the floor and the referee counts. Ziggler nails a Fame-asser from the apron to the floor while Owens was lying face down. Ziggler lands on his shoulder. They both make it back in at the 9 count. Owens misses a corner cannonball and Ziggler rolls him up, putting his feet on the ropes for leverage to get the 3 count.
Winner: Dolph Ziggler
– After the match, Ziggler makes his exit and Owens throws a fit at ringside, tearing the announce table up and tossing the steel steps.
– Still to come, The Usos vs. WWE Tag Team Champions The New Day in a Tables Match. Also, Miz TV with Chris Jericho and Daniel Bryan will discuss his retirement. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and The Usos are talking backstage when The Dudley Boyz walk up and greet them. D-Von Dudley says he heard about their Tables Match but if anyone deserves a shot at The New Day in a Tables Match, it’s them. The Usos agree but say it’s their match. Bubba Ray Dudley proposes both of the teams join forces to battle The New Day tonight. The Usos say they’re down if they can get it approved. The Dudleyz leave.
– We get a special look at Ryback. He will be facing Bray Wyatt later tonight.
We go to the ring and out comes WWE Divas Champion Charlotte with Ric Flair. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and Alicia Fox is out for this non-title match. She’s alone tonight as Brie Bella is with her husband. Charlotte controls early on and Fox blocks an early Figure Eight attempt. Charlotte dominates most of the match and mocks fans chanting for Bryan. She also mocks Fox as she keeps control. Alicia tries to fight out but Charlotte slams her to the match and plays to the crowd some more. Flair “whooos” at ringside at Charlotte tosses Alicia around with the head scissors.
Fox comes back and hits a backbreaker. Charlotte comes back but Alicia counters and rolls her up for 2. Charlotte with a spear. Charlotte with the Figure Four into the Figure Eight for the win.
– After the match, we get replays as Flair and Charlotte strut to the back. Alicia looks on from the mat.
– The Miz is backstage preparing for Miz TV. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and it’s announced that The Dudleyz and The Usos will face The New Day and a mystery partner in an eight-man Tables Match tonight.
– The Miz is in the ring for what he calls a special edition of Miz TV. Before he brings out his guest, he has something to address. Miz isn’t happy about how AJ Styles attacked him on Miz TV last week. He says it was disgusting. He offered to take the redneck rookie to the red carpet but that’s the thanks he got. Miz says he could have done big things for Styles, just like he did for Daniel Bryan. An explosion interrupts and out comes Chris Jericho to a pop.
Jericho knocks Miz and tells him to shut the hell up. Jericho says the people in Seattle don’t want to see Miz TV, they want to see The Highlight Reel. Fans agree and calls for his Jeritron to be lowered down. Crew members come in and start taking down the Miz TV set up. The apron is changed to blue and we’re suddenly in an episode of The Highlight Reel. Jericho welcomes us to RAW Is Jericho and The Highlight Reel. He goes to introduce his guest but Miz cuts him off. Miz says he’s not the guest because this is his show. He says none of this right. Jericho has the potted plant from SmackDown brought into the ring and now the set is complete. Jericho brings up both of Miz’s losses from SmackDown – the match to AJ Styles and then his teeth. Jericho shows us a replay from Thursday.
Fans chant “you look stupid” at Miz now. Miz says that’s not possible because he’s not Sheamus. Miz talks about how much his money costs because it’s the moneymaker. He also says he had a major audition with Steven Spielberg last week and if it weren’t for his team of celebrity dentists, WWE could have lost its resident Hollywood star. They go back and forth on the mic for several minutes until fans start chanting for Styles. Jericho says we all know AJ is good but is he great, does he have what it takes to beat Jericho twice? Jericho says we will find out on SmackDown but he’s going to have to remind Styles that he’s the best in the world at what he does. The music interrupts and out comes Styles to a pop. Miz takes advantage and drops Jericho from behind. Miz beats Jericho into the corner. Styles runs in and beats up Miz. Jericho joins him. They come face to face. Miz attacks them but they toss him to the floor. Jericho turns his attention back to Styles and they meet in the middle of the ring. Jericho slaps Styles’ finger out of the way. Styles decks him and they go at it for a minute. Jericho stares Styles down but doesn’t come back in the ring. Styles’ music hits as Jericho leaves, still staring back at AJ.
– We get a look back at Lesnar, Reigns and Ambrose in the opening segment. Ambrose is backstage pacing around as he prepares to get revenge on Lesnar.
– Still to come, Daniel Bryan will speak. We get another Bryan flashback video before going to commercial, something they have been doing all night to celebrate his career.
Bray Wyatt vs. Ryback
Back from the break and The Wyatt Family comes to the ring. We get a look back at Braun Strowman, Erick Rowan and Luke Harper beating up Big Show last week. Ryback makes his way out next and he’s still wearing the trunks
They lock up to start the match and some fans are chanting Goldberg. Ryback gets tossed to the floor in front of The Wyatts but quickly comes back in. Ryback goes to the top but lands on his feet. He drops Bray with a shoulder and then slams him for a 2 count. Ryback goes back to the top but jumps down when he sees The Wyatts lurking. Bray takes advantage and drops him on the floor. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and Ryback fights out of a headlock but Wyatt hits a clothesline. Bray charges in the corner but Ryback moves and he hits the ring post shoulder first. Ryback with a pair of running high knees in the corner. Ryback with shoulder thrusts now. Ryback runs the ropes, ducks clotheslines and nails a crossbody. Ryback with a spinebuster for a 2 count.
Fans chant “feed me more” now. Ryback charges with the Meathook but Wyatt catches him in Sister Abigail out of nowhere for the win.
Winner: Bray Wyatt
– After the match, The Wyatt Family surrounds Ryback in the ring. He strikes Braun first but it does nothing. Rowan and Harper beat Ryback down. Rowan with the full nelson bomb. Rowan shoves Ryback into a big clothesline from Harper. Braun grabs Ryback next and kicks him to the floor. Braun follows and Wyatt tells him to punish Ryback. Braun whips Ryback ribs first into the apron and then the steel steps. They bring Ryback over to Wyatt and he puts him on the floor with another Sister Abigail. Wyatt rants as fans boo and they stand over Ryback. He says there’s nothing left to do but pray that they will show mercy. He says the violence has just begun. They pose over Ryback as we go to another Bryan flashback video and commercial.
– We come back and the announcers talk more about Daniel Bryan.
– The New Day is backstage polishing a table for tonight’s match. Renee Young approaches them for comment on the match being changed to an eight-man match. It sounds like they’re not going to choose a 4th man for their team.
– Reigns walks up on Ambrose backstage. Ambrose doesn’t care if he gets another F5 or F10, he’s getting a piece of Lesnar tonight. Reigns isn’t trying to talk Ambrose out of anything, he wants a piece of Lesnar too. Ambrose says he doesn’t need Reigns’ help tonight. Reigns asks if he’s still hot about SmackDown. Ambrose says Reigns has been in the ring with Lesnar before, tonight he’s all Ambrose. Reigns agrees and says to give Lesnar hell but save him some. Ambrose walks off.
Titus O’Neil vs. Adam Rose
We go to the ring and out comes Titus O’Neil. Back to commercial.
Back from the break and out come the “Social Outcasts” Heath Slater, Bo Dallas, Adam Rose and Curtis Axel. They cut promos on the way to the ring. Axel taunts Rose for calling himself the Radical Mongoose. Titus takes control early on to start.
Rose sends Titus into the corner and dropkicks him for a pin attempt. Rose keeps control now. Titus fights out of a hold but Rose beats him down to the mat. Rose wastes time and gets booed. Titus ends up tossing Rose across the ring and dropping him with a shoulder and a clothesline. Titus catches Rose and drops him over his knee a few times. Titus tosses Rose across the ring and gets a pop. The Outcasts pull Rose to the floor to safety. Titus comes out and busts through the group, bringing Rose back in. Slater gets on the apron and Titus knocks him off. Rose comes from behind and rolls Titus up for the win.
Winner: Adam Rose
– As soon as the bell hits, Titus jumps up and clotheslines Rose out of the ring as he celebrates. The Social Outcasts party up the ramp as Titus looks on pissed off.
– We see Ambrose backstage walking. We go to another Bryan flashback video and commercial.
– Back from the break and we get a new Black History Month video.
– We go to the ring and out comes WWE Intercontinental Champion Dean Ambrose without his belt. He takes the mic and mocks Lesnar for how weak his F5 was earlier. Ambrose thought it was supposed to hurt, supposed to keep him down and conquer him. Ambrose says Lesnar can’t kill him, can’t keep him down and can’t get the job done. Ambrose invites Lesnar to come try again. Ambrose says maybe Triple H was right last week when he said Suplex City was going soft. Ambrose says Brock Lesnar has gone soft and that sounds like a personal problem. Ambrose asks if Lesnar can get it up for the big fight. He waits but Lesnar isn’t showing. Ambrose guesses Heyman didn’t give Lesnar permission. Ambrose says Heyman holds Lesnar’s balls. Ambrose yells for Lesnar again and this time the music hits. Out comes Lesnar with Heyman.
Lesnar makes his way to the ring and doesn’t look worried but Ambrose attacks him on the floor. They brawl at ringside. Lesnar gets pissed and unloads with knees against the apron. Lesnar launches Ambrose into the barrier and he hits hard. They come in the ring and Lesnar hits a clothesline. Ambrose gets back up and limps to Lesnar but Lesnar clotheslines him back down.
Ambrose crawls to Lesnar as fans chant for a suplex. Lesnar scoops Ambrose and hits a F5. Lesnar’s music hits as he leaves with Heyman. Ambrose is trying to recover in the ring. Lesnar stops half-way up the aisle and turns around. Ambrose is still down but begging him to come back to the ring. Lesnar walks back to the ring but the music hits and out comes Roman Reigns on the stage instead of through the crowd. Reigns stares down Lesnar as he slowly walks to the ring. Ambrose comes from behind and nails a low blow on Lesnar, bringing him to the mat. Ambrose limps out of the ring and to where Reigns is. Ambrose nods, thanks him and keeps walking past him. Lesnar sits up but is in pain. Ambrose is down on the ramp clutching his rib as Reigns checks on him.
– Still to come, The Usos and The Dudleyz vs. The New Day and a mystery partner. Apparently they really are finding one. We go to commercial.
– Back from the break and we see what just happened with Lesnar, Reigns and Ambrose.
The Lucha Dragons vs. Rusev and Alberto Del Rio
We go to the ring and out comes WWE United States Champion Kalisto with Sin Cara, who is making his return to RAW from a shoulder injury. Rusev and Alberto Del Rio are out next with King Barrett.
Cara starts off with Rusev and an early roll up. Cara goes on and hits a moonsault from the second rope for a 2 count. Rusev dumps Cara to the apron. Cara kicks him in the head and rolls him up but didn’t see the tag to Del Rio. Del Rio with a kick to Cara’s head. Del Rio with a snap suplex and a 1 count. Del Rio takes it to the corner and tags Rusev back in. Fans chant for Lana and it distracts Rusev. Rusev takes Cara down for another 1 count. Rusev keeps Cara grounded now.
Rusev floors Cara with a big kick for a 2 count. Del Rio tags in and comes off the top as Rusev holds Cara. Del Rio with a 2 count and then a headlock. Del Rio catches Cara with a German suplex for another 2 count. Del Rio rushes Kalisto off the apron. Rusev tags back in and drops a running elbow. Rusev with another big elbow. Rusev goes for a suplex but Cara counters with a knee to the head. Fans start chanting “lucha!” as Cara looks to make a tag. Del Rio and Kalisto tag in.
Kalisto kicks Del Rio in the head and springboards in with a senton. Kalisto ducks clotheslines and hits a corkscrew off the ropes. Kalisto slams Del Rio face fist with the hurricanrana. Rusev breaks the 2 count. Cara dropkicks Rusev and takes him out on the floor. Del Rio blocks Salida del Sol and takes Kalisto to the top. Kalisto fights him off. Barrett distracts from the apron. Del Rio with the enziguri to Kalisto. Del Rio turns Kalisto upside down in the corner and climbs up for the stomp. He nails it and covers for the win.
Winners: Rusev and Alberto Del Rio
– We see video from earlier today of R-Truth outside of the EMP Museum in Seattle. He’s on the phone with someone talking about going inside to see the Jimi Hendrix exhibit. Suddenly we see Goldust a few feet away, dressed as Hendrix and playing a guitar. This is part of his quest to have Truth form a tag team with him. Goldust slams the guitar against the wall and this leads to security taking Goldust away. Truth says Goldust must have “Purple Haze” on his mind, another Hendrix reference.
– We go to the ring and out comes Sasha Banks for commentary. They air another Daniel Bryan flashback video and go to commercial.
Back from the break and Sasha is on commentary. Becky Lynch is out as is Tamina Snuka with Naomi. Tamina dominates most of the match.
Tamina yells out at Sasha. Sasha get sup to confront her. Naomi runs out of nowhere and nails Sasha in the mouth with a big shot, taking her out. Naomi tosses Sasha into the steps. In the ring, Becky drops Tamina with a kick. She goes to the floor and takes out Naomi as well. Becky comes back in but Tamina floors her with a superkick for the win.
Winner: Tamina Snuka
– We see The New Day backstage talking to someone about how they have always admired him. They now he’s a ladies man but if he puts on one of their unicorn horns, he will feel like he died and went to an Usher concert. We see they were talking to Mark Henry. He puts on the horn and agrees, as long as he can play Francesca 2. Henry plays and they say that was alright but Woods plays and that makes them dance. Henry dances too, still wearing the unicorn horn. We go to commercial with Henry and Big E having a dance off.
– Back from the break and we see more Twitter reactions to Bryan’s retirement. He will be here later tonight live.
Tables Match: Mark Henry and WWE tag team champions The New Day vs. The Usos and The Dudley Boyz in an 8-man tag team match
We go to the ring and see tables set up all over ringside. WWE Tag Team Champions The New Day are out to the stage first. They introduce “the world’s strongest unicorn” and out comes Mark Henry. They all dance on their way to the ring. The Usos are out next followed by The Dudley Boyz.
Both teams start brawling before the bell rings. The babyfaces clear the ring of The New Day and take turns on Henry. The Usos kick him out of the ring with a double dropkick. The Usos run the ropes and dive out onto The New Day. We go to commercial with fans chanting for tables.
Back from the break and The New Day is in control with Henry. They whip one of their opponents into a big World’s Strongest Slam. Bubba gets whipped into a big shot from Henry. Henry ends up telling The New Day off after they kept telling him what to do. Henry leaves as they talk trash to him.
The New Day turns around to The Dudleyz and The Usos coming back on them. D-Von and one of the Usos hit “what’s up” headbutts at the same time. Bubba calls for the tables and fans pop. Kofi Kingston ends up getting trouble In Paradise blocked, dodging a table bump but taking a double superkick from The Usos. Woods also takes a double superkick as he comes in. The Usos stand a table up and put Woods on top of it. Jimmy Uso goes op top but Big E pushes him off. Big E gets kicked in the head by Jey Uso and he goes to the floor. The Dudleyz put Big E through the table with a 3D for the win.
Winners: The Usos and The Dudley Boyz
– After the match, it looks like Jimmy Uso is down selling an injury. D-Von and Bubba stand tall with Jey but turn on him and lay him out. They wait for Jimmy to get up and put him through a table with the 3D. Fans chant for one more and for ECW. They go back to beating on Jey and Bubba powerbombs him through the table from the top. Bubba yells asking if The Usos know who they are and about how they’re the baddest tag team on the planet.
– We get another Daniel Bryan video before going to commercial.
– Back from the break and Lilian introduces Daniel Bryan to a huge pop. Bryan does the “yes!” chant with fans on the way to the ring. He stops to take it in before entering.
Bryan’s music plays as everyone stands and applauds, including the announcers. The “yes!” chants continue as Bryan looks around and smiles. The music stops but the chants continue. Bryan pauses for a minute and has his eyes closed as the arena chants his name. Bryan looks like he might be ready to speak but the “yes!” chants start back up and he laughs.
Bryan says just now he was able to close his eyes and feel the crowd like he never has before, like really feel it he says, because usually when they’re in the ring they have their eyes open. Bryan says he will never forget how that felt but now it’s time to address the giant elephant in the room. Fans start with the “no!” chants now. Bryan says he knows, he didn’t want to shave his beard either but once he cut his hair like he wanted, he looked silly with the giant beard. Bryan says he cut his for the Wigs 4 Kids organization, which makes wigs for kids with cancer and doesn’t charge the family. Bryan goes to address the retirement again and says he doesn’t want to be doing this anymore than the fans. He says he already had 3 concussions within the first few months of his wrestling career. He says he would get a few concussions here and there and after 16 years in the business, he’s had a lot of them. Bryan says it gets to a point when you’re told that you can’t wrestle anymore. Fans boo that. Bryan says he fought that for a long time because he had various evaluations and tests that said he was fine, that he could come back and wrestle. Bryan said he trained like he could come back and was ready if WWE needed him. He wanted to come back and wrestle because he’s loved this in a way he’s never loved anything else. Fans chant “thank you Daniel” now. Bryan says he took a test about a week ago that said maybe his brain isn’t as good as he thought it was. Bryan says he has a family to think about. He gets a pop when he says he wants to start having kids with his wife soon. Fans chant “yes!” and he lightens the mood by saying that’s what Brie says all the time. Fans chant “that’s what she said” now. Bryan officially announces his retirement and there are more boos. Bryan says he felt nothing but gratitude when he woke up this morning because he’s been able to do what he loves for almost 16 years. Bryan mentions how he loves the Seattle Seahawks and gets a big pop. He says another thing he loves is right before his music hits, he smiles when he hears the intro and it warms his heart every time. He also loves hitting the ropes and diving through the second. He motions through the rope and leans out. He says that has made him feel like Superman, as has the fan reactions to diving out. Another thing he loves is that he’s wrestled in a gas station parking lot but also in front of 70,000 people at WrestleMania. He also loves how he’s been able to meet someone like Kane, his mentor William Regal, children that are stronger than he thought anyone could be, like Connor. Fans chant for Connor The Crusher. Bryan says he’s very grateful. He says wrestling doesn’t owe he or anyone else anything, WWE doesn’t owe any of them anything, the fans don’t either… they do this because they love it. He talks about the fans getting behind him in a way he didn’t think was possible. They made him feel like he was more than himself and he’s grateful for that. He’s grateful for fans hijacking RAW in this same arena two years ago. Another “yes” chant breaks out. Bryan says WWE was trying to do a big championship coronation with Randy Orton or John Cena but fans just wouldn’t stop chanting for him. They start chanting his name again.
Bryan goes on and says what he’s really grateful for from that night is that his dad got to see him get such a big reaction. That was the last time his dad got to see him wrestle and the fans made it special. He’s grateful for meeting the most beautiful woman that completes him, thanks to wrestling. He’s grateful for being able to come out in his hometown and announce his retirement in front of a bunch of people that love him. He points out his mom and sister at ringside. He gets choked up again talking about how his friends, family and wife are all here. Bryan says he is grateful. Bryan says he starts a new life tomorrow morning, one where he’s no longer a wrestler. But that is tomorrow, not tonight. Bryan says he has one more night to feel this energy and this proud. He asks the crowd for one more “yes!” chant and says he would really appreciate it. The crowd responds and out comes Brie to join in. They kiss in the middle of the ring. Cole says we have one word for Bryan – grateful, grateful he came into our lives. Bryan goes to the ringside to hug his mother and sister. RAW goes off the air with another “yes!” chant from the crowd.