WWE Monday Night RAW
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Date: March 28, 2016
We go right to the ring as the gong hits and out comes The Undertaker with his grand entrance.
Fans chant Taker’s name as he takes the mic. Taker says WrestleMania 32 will not be his last and the fans pop. Taker says he’s made it clear to Vince McMahon that the blood of his son is on his hands. Taker says Vince’s blood very well may be on his hands too. Taker knows Shane McMahon is going to fight for his legacy until he draws his last breath but WrestleMania is Taker’s yard, Hell In a Cell is his house. At WrestleMania, Shane will… rest in peace. Shane’s music hits and out he comes to a pop.
Shane speaks from the stage. He says they both will fight for their legacies but he’s fighting to win and Taker is fighting to not lose. Shane says Taker may be his dad’s instrument, but Shane is the instrument of change that WWE has needed for a long time. Shane gets a big pop when mentioning how he will take over RAW. Shane says if he has to cement his legacy by destroying Taker’s, then that’s what he will do. Taker tells Shane to watch his mouth and calls him a rich boy. Taker says Shane doesn’t get to talk about Taker’s legacy. Shane starts walking to the ring.
Shane meets Taker in the middle of the ring as fans chant “holy shit” now. Shane says Taker’s legacy died at WrestleMania two years ago. There’s some space in between them now. Fans chant “Suplex City” as Taker thinks. Taker says Shane is just like his old man. Taker says from the very day Shane was born, he’s been his daddy’s bitch. Shane attacks Taker with punches and backs him into the corner. Taker grabs him and tosses him over the top rope. Taker follows, blocks and drops him with a knee. Taker tosses Shane into the barrier, then again. Taker takes the announce table apart as fans pop. Taker with a headbutt and a boot as Shane tries to fight back. Fans chant “this is awesome” now. Taker goes for a Last Ride through the table but Shane slides out and hits Taker with strikes. Shane decks Taker with a TV monitor. Shane seems a bit lost but hits Taker with the monitor again. Shane goes in the ring and to the top. Shane looks down at Taker and nails a huge elbow drop through the table. Another “holy shit” chant from fans. “You still got it” chants start as Shane stumbles to his feet and his music plays. We go to replays. Shane makes his exit and we see Taker sit straight up to a pop. Shane stops and looks back from the stage. Taker looks at him and cuts his throat. Taker’s music hits and the lights go low as Shane looks on. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and the announcers are standing at ringside as they talk about what just happened. Zack Ryder waits in the ring as Chris Jericho makes his way out.
Before the match starts, AJ Styles comes out to a pop. He asks Jericho if he’s going to accept the WrestleMania challenge. Fans chant Styles’ name. Styles goes on and says he’s not leaving tonight until he gets the match he wants. Styles takes a seat at ringside and Ryder takes advantage of the distraction, rolling Jericho up for a 2 count. Jericho comes back and sends Ryder to the floor, then baseball slides into him. Jericho talks trash to Styles as he works Ryder over and brings him back in the ring. Jericho with chops now. Ryder counters with a kick and starts fighting back but Jericho cuts him off. Jericho runs into knees and Ryder hits a missile dropkick.
Ryder with a forearm in the corner. He goes for the Broski Boot but Jericho catches him in the Walls of Jericho. Styles starts taunting Jericho on the mic and gets a “Y2 Jackass” chant going. Ryder comes at Jericho but gets clotheslined. Ryder rolls Jericho up for the win.
Winner: Zack Ryder
– Jericho immediately hits a Codebreaker on Ryder and attacks. Styles rushes the ring but Jericho retreats and throws a fit at ringside. Jericho takes the mic, punches the camera, and yells at everyone to shut up. Jericho starts ripping Styles and calls him a stupid ass. Jericho says if Styles wants the best in the world at WrestleMania, he’s got it. Jericho talks about how this is his 12th WrestleMania but it will be Styles’ first and last.
WWE Divas champion Charlotte vs. Becky Lynch in a non-title match
Back from the break and Sasha Banks is at ringside to watch. Becky Lynch makes her way out to the ring. WWE Divas Champion Charlotte is out next with Ric Flair for this non-title match.
They lock up and Becky hits early arm drags and takes Charlotte down as fans chant for Sasha. Charlotte turns it around and takes control as we go to commercial.
Back from the break and Becky is trying to fight out of a hold but Charlotte stops her. Becky finally comes back and unloads with clotheslines. She gets hype as the crowd pops. Becky with a big forearm in the corner and a Bexplex for a 2 count as Flair looks on. Charlotte with a 2 count. Charlotte comes back and hits a high knee for a 2 count.
Becky ends up dumping Charlotte to the floor. Sasha stands up and taunts her. Becky chases Charlotte around the ring and back in. Flair holds Becky’s leg and stops her from crawling in. Becky kicks him to the floor. Charlotte takes advantage of the distraction and kicks Becky in the face. Charlotte with the Natural Selection for the win.
– After the match, Becky is upset and looks on as The Flairs make their exit.
– Renee Young is backstage with Vince McMahon. Some fans boo. Renee asks if Vince was surprised at Shane putting Taker through the table earlier. Vince wasn’t surprised and says that’s some of what we will see at WrestleMania. Taker goes on and says Taker is right about his house and yard but Shane doesn’t want that, he wants the whole WWE Universe. Vince talks about how Shane has angered Taker. Shane walks up and Vince says he figured Shane would be half-way across the Brooklyn Bridge by now. Shane blasts Vince and says he’s going to take out 40 years of pent up aggression and anguish, and let it all loose on Sunday. Shane says he’s going to control RAW. He says Vince stole the company from his father and on Sunday, Shane is taking it from Vince. We go to commercial.
Big Show and Kane vs. The Social Outcasts (Curtis Axel and Bo Dallas)
Back from the break and we see the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle trophy at ringside. Heath Slater, Curtis Axel, Bo Dallas and Adam Rose are on the apron. We hear Axel wish a happy birthday to his late father Curt Hennig. Slater has a mic but he’s immediately interrupted by Big Show’s music. Kane is out next. It will be Axel and Bo representing their group. Kane starts off with Axel and works him over.
The match quickly falls apart as The Outcasts hit the ring. Goldust, The Ascension, Jack Swagger, Damien Sandow, R-Truth, Fandango, Darren Young, Mark Henry, Tyler Breeze and a few others are out. A big brawl breaks out. It comes down to Henry, Show and Kane. Henry takes a double chokeslam. The Outcasts run back in and take a quadruple chokeslam. Show’s music hits as he stands tall with Kane and they exchange looks.
Winners: No contest
– We get a look back at last week’s parking garage brawl with Roman Reigns and WWE World Heavyweight Champion Triple H, who will be here next. Back to commercial
– Back from the break and out comes Stephanie McMahon with WWE World Heavyweight Champion Triple H.
Stephanie rants about how fans should praise and respect her husband. Triple H says in 6 days, the world will watch WrestleMania 32 for one reason – the WWE World Heavyweight Title. He puts over the WWE Title and says it’s the dream of everyone, even the fans at home. He says that will never happen to the fans at home because they don’t have the abilities to make it happen. He says Roman Reigns did. Triple H gives props to Reigns for being good enough to become champion. Fans boo. Triple H mocks his 5 minute title reign. He says he will walk the aisle at WrestleMania for the 20th time on Sunday, and for the 9th time, he will compete for a world championship on that stage. Triple H says he’s always been obsessed with being WWE Champion, with the fame, power and money that came with it. He says that obsession led him to become the most successful WWE Superstar in history. That obsession led him to becoming a 14 time world champion, to becoming the greatest WWE Superstar in history. Triple H says he’s had a stranglehold on the business and the title for 20 years. He thought his obsession went away and that it was okay to put on a suit to go to the office every day. He says four months ago when Reigns powerbombed him on the announce table, that lit the fire of his obsession once again.
Triple H goes on and says Reigns has already lost on Sunday. Stephanie says Sunday isn’t about unicorn horns, ladder matches or street fights, Sunday is about the WWE World Heavyweight Title and her husband. She’s interrupted by the music as Roman Reigns makes his way out. Reigns marches down the ramp to the ring and charges in. Triple H starts stomping on him. Reigns gets to his feet and takes control as fans boo. Triple H retreats from the ring and backs up the ramp as Stephanie joins him. Reigns looks on from the ring as fans continue to boo. The Authority heads to the back as Reigns’ music hits and the boos go on. We go to commercial.
– Back from the break and The Authority is walking backstage. Triple H looks nervous.
We go to the ring and WWE Tag Team Champions The New Day make their way out. Xavier Woods takes the mic and the crowd starts getting hype. A “Booty O’s” chant starts after Woods says it’s the official cereal of WrestleMania. They start ripping on The League of Nations now. Big E pays tribute to late rapper Phife Dawg, who passed away a few days back. They get a chant going until the music interrupts and out comes Alberto Del Rio with Rusev, King Barrett and Sheamus.
The two teams have words before the match. The bell rings and Del Rio goes right to work. Kofi side steps and Del Rio lands on the floor. Woods distracts him with Francesca 2, allowing Kofi to take control. Kofi brings Del Rio in and goes to the top but Del Rio cuts him off. Del Rio slams Kofi to the mat and Kofi goes to the floor to sell an injury as we go to commercial.
Back from the break and Del Rio is in control after dominating through the break. Del Rio with a big knee to the back. More back and forth. Del Rio goes for the stomp in the corner but Kofi avoids it and pulls himself up. Kofi with a big shot off the top and then a dropkick. Kofi nails SOS for a close 2 count.
Del Rio with a Backstabber to turn it back around. Kofi ends up with another close 2 count as both teams look on. More back and forth. Del Rio with a stomp in the corner. Big E and Woods distract Del Rio. He readies for the cross armbreaker on Kofi but it’s blocked. Kofi with a roll up for the win.
Winner: Kofi Kingston
– After the match, The League of Nations hits the ring but The New Day retreats up the ramp. Jonathan Coachman makes his way out to a pop. Coach says The New Day have been his favorite ESPN guests. He announces ESPN SportsCenter will be live in Dallas with updates on WrestleMania 32 Sunday. Coach brings out some “Booty O’s” cereal and celebrates with the champions.
– The announcers hype WrestleMania 32 Week on the WWE Network.
– We see Brock Lesnar‘s locker room backstage before going to commercial.
– Back from the break and we get more WrestleMania hype.
– Renee is backstage with Roman Reigns. Before he can speak, we hear Bubba Ray Dudley yelling his name. Bubba is trying to lure Reigns into the back to finish what they started on SmackDown. Bubba talks a lot of trash until D-Von Dudley appears. Reigns strikes first and fights them until Triple H drops Reigns from behind. The Dudley Boyz hold Reigns and talk trash while Triple H pounds on him. Bubba throws Reigns face first into the wall. The Dudleyz leave as Triple H drapes the WWE World Heavyweight Title over a production case. He says Reigns will never get the title and slams his face into it. Triple H leaves Reigns laying and walks off. Back to commercial.
WWE United States champion Kalisto vs. Konnor in a non-title match
Back from the break and out comes WWE United States Champion Kalisto for a non-title match. The Ascension waits in the ring. Konnor takes control and dominates early on as Viktor looks on from the floor. Kalisto makes a comeback and springboards in after a kick to the face.
Kalisto keeps control and hits a corkscrew. He goes on and Konnor catches him in mid-air. Kalisto counters that and takes Viktor out at ringside. More back and forth and another counter. Kalisto gets the win with Salida del Sol.
– After the match, Viktor runs in but Kalisto takes him down with a springboard DDT to clear the ring. Ryback’s music hits and out he comes. Ryback gets in Kalisto’s face and yells “feed me more” a few times but the crowd doesn’t chant. Ryback leaves the ring and Kalisto’s music hits as Ryback marches to the back.
– Paul Heyman walks into Brock Lesnar’s room as we go back to commercial.
– Back from the break and out comes Brock Lesnar with Paul Heyman to a big pop.
Fans chant “Suplex City” before Heyman begins his introduction. Heyman says we’re six days away from seeing a once-ever fighter, a once-ever athlete, at his peak and in his prime. Heyman says Lesnar will perform on a level that no one else in the locker room will achieve. Heyman starts talking about Dean Ambrose and the weapons he’s bringing. Heyman goes on and says he told us two years ago, and will tell us again tonight. This is not a prediction, it’s a spoiler… the music hits and out comes Dean Ambrose with a wagon.
Ambrose brings the wagon to ringside and pulls different weapons from under the ring to add to the wagon. He pulls Mick Foley’s barbed wire bat from under the ring and puts it in. A fire extinguisher is next. Terry Funk’s chainsaw is next. Lesnar looks on but Ambrose hasn’t looked at him yet. Ambrose takes part of the steel steps and puts them in the wagon. Lesnar picks up a kendo stick that was thrown in the ring. Ambrose pulls his wagon up the ramp and that’s it as Lesnar looks on. Ambrose’s music played the whole time he was gathering weapons but it looks like he never acknowledged Lesnar.
– Cole announces that The Authority will be here with something to say about Triple H vs. Roman Reigns later.
Back from the break and out comes Paige with Natalya, Brie Bella and Alicia Fox. Cole confirms that one more partner is needed for the 5-on-5 Total Divas team at WrestleMania 32. “Team Bad and Blonde” Emma, Lana, Tamina Snuka, Summer Rae and Naomi are out next.
Emma takes control early on and works Paige over for a few minutes. Emma with a dropkick and a 2 count. Emma takes Paige to the corner and beats her down with stomps. Emma with the turnbuckle splash and a 2 count. Paige turns it around and hits the high knee in the corner. Paige with another knee and a 2 count. More back and forth. Paige with a fall-away slam. Tamina gets on the apron and distracts the referee. Lana sneaks in the ring and drops Paige with a kick while the referee is distracted by Team Total Divas and Tamina. Emma ends up getting the win.
– After the match, a brawl breaks out in the ring and on the floor with “Team Bad and Blonde” taking control. Eva Marie‘s music hits and out she comes to boos. Eva runs to the ring and goes right after Lana, slamming her by her hair. Fans are booing Eva like crazy as Lana retreats. The other Total Divas aren’t sure about her at first but they all stand tall as the others look on from the ramp.
– Still to come, a six-man match with the WrestleMania Ladder Match participants. Back to commercial.
Back from the break and Stardust is finishing his entrance as The Miz makes his way out. WWE Intercontinental Champion Kevin Owens is out next. Sami Zayn, Sin Cara and Dolph Ziggler are all out next. Fans do the “ole!” chant for Sami as he starts off with Miz and they lock up.
Owens ends up getting a tag and fans pop but he immediately tags Stardust and wants none of Sami. Sami takes control of Stardust and tags Ziggler in. We go to commercial with Ziggler standing tall with the heels on the floor.
Back from the break and Owens is still stalling. He refuses a tag and has words with Miz. Cara keeps control of Miz and it sounds like fans want CM Punk. Zayn tags in and works Miz over. Fans chant “ole!” but Miz beats Sami down and tags in Stardust. More offense between both teams as Ziggler and Stardust are in now. Stardust blocks a superkick and drops Ziggler for a 2 count. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and Sami ends up getting a hot tag and this whole match hasn’t clicked. Cara goes to the top for a swanton on Stardust but he gets his knees up. Miz and Sami tag in. Sami goes to the top but Miz catches him for a Skull Crushing Finale. Sami counters with a roll up for 2. Miz nails the Finale. Ziggler with a Zig Zag on Miz. Stardust with the Queen’s Crossbow on Ziggler. Cara dumps Stardust to the floor and moonsaults onto him. Owens finally tags himself in and picks Sami up. Owens talks trash and calls him nothing. Sami blocks the pop-up powerbomb with a dropkick. Owens goes to tag his partners but they abandon him. Owens yells as they walk out on him. Owens turns around to Sami unloading on him. Sami with a tornado DDT and a Helluva Kick for the win.
Winners: Sami Zayn, Dolph Ziggler and Sin Cara
– Back from the break and out comes The Authority to the ring again. Stephanie starts ripping on the fans about how they live miserable lives, just like Roman Reigns. She says everyone is hoping for new leaders and new champions at WrestleMania but they aren’t going anywhere and neither is the title. Triple H speaks but is interrupted by the music and out comes Roman Reigns limping. Triple H drops the mic and meets Reigns on the ramp. They start brawling. Triple H sends Reigns into the ring post. Reigns comes back and launches him into the barrier, then over into the timekeeper’s area. Stephanie waves to the back and out comes Sheamus, Stardust, Rusev, The Miz, King Barrett, Alberto Del Rio and The Dudley Boyz.
This leads to Triple H getting the upperhand. He mounts Reigns on the floor and pounds him. The Usos, The New Day, Dolph Ziggler, Jack Swagger and others are out now. Reigns breaks through the crowd and goes back after Triple H. Reigns knocks a few people away. Triple H stumbles into the ring. Reigns follows but The Dudleyz pull Triple H to safety. One half of the roster holds Triple H back on the floor while the other half stands with Reigns in the ring. Triple H pushes away and tries to run back to the ring but they stop him. Reigns runs the ring and leaps over the top rope, taking a big group of Superstars down. Triple H crawls up the ramp and joins Stephanie with the title on the stage. Reigns stands tall in the ring as Triple H raises the title on the stage. Reigns’ music hits and we cut to replays. RAW goes off the air with Reigns in the ring and The Authority on the stage.