Location: Winter Park, FL
Date: May 13, 2015
Commentators: Rich Brennan and Corey Graves
This is the go home show before next week’s NXT TakeOver special. With Sami Zayn and Hideo Itami both battling injuries, it will be interesting to see if WWE makes any announcements.
– We see a recap of John Cena vs. Sami Zayn from last week’s Raw.
Solomon Crowe vs. Baron Corbin
Crowe attacks early and gets a little offense, but it serves only to make Corbin mad. Corbin drops Crowe with a clothesline and tosses him from pillar to post. Crowe lands a big punch and a front enziguri, followed by a knee. End of Days out of nowhere. Pin.
Winner: Baron Corbin via pinfall (End of Days)
Rhyno comes out and challenges Corbin. They brawl until officials pull them apart.
– Finn Balor is shown saying he will become number one contender next week. Breeze is shown saying much of the same.
– Sasha Banks comes out and says she made Becky Lynch. She’s going to show everyone why she’s the boss of NXT.
Sasha Banks vs. Cassie McIntosh
Banks is taken down for a couple of one counts. Banks rolls outside, comes back in and drops Cassie. The double knees in the corner sets up the Bank Statement for the win.
Winner: Sasha Banks via submission (Bank Statement)
– Charlotte and Bayley are backstage and challenge Dana Brooke and Emma for NXT Takeover.
– We see a Uhaa Nation vignette.
Carmella vs. Alexa Bliss
Carmella shoves Bliss, then suplexes her. She then locks on a body scissors, then switches to a leg full nelson. Bliss almost pins her, but only gets two as Blake and Murphy come out to the ring.
Bliss starts her comeback with forearms, a back elbow, and a sloppy top rope armdrag. She hits the Glitz Flip, but only gets two. Carmella hits a drop toe hold, but is distracted and gets dropped by Bliss. Alexa hits the Sparkle Splash, which is a Bam Bam Bigelow-style moonsault for the pin.
Winner: Alexa Bliss via pinfall (Sparkle Splash)
Carmella gets in the tag champs’ face and says next week, Enzo and Cass will beat them.
– Hideo Itami is shown saying he’d like to face Kevin Owens for the NXT Title.
– Dana Brooke and Emma accept the challenge of Bayley and Charlotte.
Finn Balor and Hideo Itami vs. Tyler Breeze and Adam Rose
Itami starts by chopping Rose repeatedly before tagging in Balor, who hits a slingshot stomp. A big dropkick sets up a clothesline that sends Rose outside for a commercial break.
We come back from the break, and Balor is dropped across the ring apron. Rose and Breeze work him over pretty well, with Rose hitting a good snap suplex on Balor before tagging to Breeze. Once inside, Breeze delivers a suplex of his own for two before throwing on a chinlock.
Adam Rose is back in and lands an awesome spinebuster, then transitions into a Boston crab. Rose holds on for a four count as Breeze delivers a cheap kick.
Itami gets the hot tag and kicks everyone. Balor tags himself in and he and Itami argue. Balor hits a dropkick and goes up top, but Itami tags himself in. While they argue, Breeze rolls Itami up for the win.
Winners: Adam Rose and Tyler Breeze via pinfall
After the match Breeze kicks everyone and lays them out.
– We see comments from after Zayn’s match with Cena, where he says he thinks his shoulder popped out.
– Zayn and Owens meet face-to-face. Zayn wants to know why all of this happened, because he doesn’t buy the story that it’s for Owens’ family. Zayn asks if it’s because of his son wearing a Zayn shirt to school. Owens leaves the ring. Owens stops at the ramp and says he knows Zayn was hurt in their last match, and knows he’s still hurt, and what the injury is. He says he’s going to do it again, but this time, Zayn isn’t coming back.