WWE Fastlane Location: Cleveland, OH Date: February 21, 2016
The 2016 WWE Fastlane Kickoff Pre-show opens up from The Q in Cleveland, Ohio with Renee Young, Corey Graves, Booker T and Jerry Lawler. They hype tonight’s show and Lawler disses Renee’s dress. Lawler predicts we will witness a big implosion between Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose tonight. Graves believes tonight’s WWE Divas Title match may steal the show. Renee sends us to Rich Brennan in the Social Media Lounge. He asks fans to tweet their questions for AJ Styles with the hashtag #AJStyles. Brennan plugs AJ’s appearance and the 2 of 3 falls match before sending it back to Renee. Lawler thinks it will be easy for Alberto Del Rio to get the gold back tonight. Lawler says Kalisto is so short his mask smells like feet. Graves predicts Kalisto will retain and Booker agrees.
– Renee plugs Brie Bella vs. Charlotte and sends us to a video package for the match. We get more discussion for that match and tonight’s Triple Threat main event. We come back and Paul Heyman has joined the panel. Heyman says Brock Lesnar is here tonight to conquer Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose. Heyman says Lesnar will be the center of this match, the focal point and will have the spotlight on him. He says it’s up to Reigns and Ambrose to deal with Lesnar, not the other way around. Heyman hopes they approach it like a handicap match. Renee asks who is the bigger threat – Ambrose or Reigns. Heyman says Lesnar is the biggest threat. Heyman doesn’t even know why he’s talking about Fastlane. He says we should be talking about Lesnar beating Triple H for the WWE World Heavyweight Title at WrestleMania 32. We get more discussion on the main event before going to another break.
– We come back and the panel discusses tonight’s segment with Edge, Christian and WWE Tag Team Champions the New Day. They plug Edge and Christian’s new WWE Network show, which premieres after Fastlane. We get a look at tonight’s Intercontinental Title match next. JoJo is backstage with Dolph Ziggler now. A confident Ziggler talks about winning the title back tonight in front of his family and friends, then going on to WrestleMania to do what he does best. Lawler knocks Owens’ weight as we come back to the panel. We go back to a break.
2 of 3 falls match for the WWE United States title: Alberto Del Rio vs. WWE Unites States champion Kalisto
We go to the ring and Mauro Ranallo is on commentary with JBL and Byron Saxton. Alberto Del Rio makes his way out first. WWE United States Champion Kalisto is out next as fans do the “lucha!” chant.
We get formal ring introductions from Lilian Garcia. Big heat for Del Rio and Kalisto gets a pop. Del Rio takes Kalisto to the corner and mushes him. They lock up again and Del Rio slams Kalisto by his arm. Del Rio goes to work on the arm and kicks him in the corner. Del Rio rips off part of Kalisto’s mask and mounts him with rights in the corner. Kalisto turns it around and comes back with kicks. Del Rio tosses him into the ring post and smacks him. They go to the floor and Del Rio chases Kalisto back in. Kalisto with a spiked hurricanrana for a 1 count. Del Rio goes to the floor for a breather but Kalisto comes off the top and takes him out. Fans do the “lucha!” chant but Del Rio sends Kalisto into the apron and kicks him in the head. Del Rio mocks the chants and gets booed. He sends Kalisto back into the ring post and then into the ring. Del Rio with a 1 count.
Del Rio with a snap suplex before showing off in the corner and wasting time. Del Rio goes to the floor and sends Kalisto face first into the post, then the barrier. Del Rio scoops Kalisto but Kalisto counters and shoves Del Rio into the ring post. Kalisto brings it back in the ring for a 2 count. Del Rio rolls back to the floor and Kalisto sends him into the barrier. Kalisto runs the barrier and nails a hurricanrana, sending Del Rio flying over another part of the barrier. Kalisto goes to jump off the barrier but Del Rio smacks him out of the air with a steel chair. The referee calls for the bell and Kalisto gets the first fall by disqualification.
Del Rio manhandles Kalisto and throws him into the barriers several times, then the announce table. The second fall has not started yet as we go to break with the referee checking on Kalisto.
Back from the break and we’re in the ring now. Del Rio is demanding the second fall be started but the referee is still checking on Kalisto in the corner. We get the bell and they go to work. Del Rio fights off Kalisto and quickly hits a stomp for a pin. Del Rio gets the second fall.
Del Rio nails a big clothesline to start the third fall. Del Rio keeps control and takes Kalisto to the corner trying to remove his mask. Del Rio ends up with Kalisto turned upside down in the corner for a stomp. He wastes time and Kalisto brings him to the mat with a Frankensteiner. Kalisto with a kick to the face and a springboard in. They run the ropes and Kalisto nails a corkscrew. Kalisto slams Del Rio face first with a hurricanrana for a 2 count. Del Rio with a tilt-a-whirl backbreaker. Del Rio runs into a boot. Kalisto counters a move and nails a big DDT for a close 2 count.
Kalisto goes to the top but Del Rio gets up and nails him. Del Rio turns Kalisto upside down in the corner again and drops knees. Del Rio climbs up and nails an inverted superplex. Del Rio can’t get a pin as Kalisto rolls to the floor. Del Rio follows and picks up a steel chair. He drops it as the referee warns him. Del Rio turns Kalisto upside down on the barrier and climbs onto it for a big stomp. Del Rio comes back in the ring as the referee counts. Kalisto makes it back in at the 9 count and Del Rio starts stomping. Del Rio once again turns Kalisto upside down in the Tree of Woe but misses the stomp and lands bad. This leads to Kalisto dropping Del Rio into the turnbuckles and rolling him up for the win.
– After the match, Kalisto celebrates as Del Rio looks frustrated.
– We go right to Rich Brennan and AJ Styles in the Social Media Lounge with fan questions. Styles says he’s proud of what he’s done in the past but facing Chris Jericho in his first match is how you start a legacy, right here in WWE. He also calls NFL legend Barry Sanders one of his inspirations because he wasn’t the biggest guy either. He names Sting as one of his in-ring inspirations. Styles is asked how wrestling in WWE compares to other groups. He says it’s like baseball, he’s played in the minor leagues and went to Japan but nothing compares to where he’s at now, the major leagues. Styles comes off great and Brennan sends us back to the panel. We get another break and then discussion on tonight’s main event before they wrap the pre-show.
– The 2016 WWE Fastlane pay-per-view kicks off with the video package. We’re live from Cleveland with Michael Cole, JBL and Byron Saxton.
We go right to the ring and out comes Sasha Banks to a big pop. Her partner Becky Lynch is out next to a pop. We see the Spanish announce team at ringside. Tamina Snuka and Naomi are out next. We see Facebook video from earlier today with JoJo interviewing Team BAD backstage, who are confident about winning this match.
We also see the German announce team at ringside. Becky starts off with Naomi but Sasha tags herself in. Becky and Sasha argue already. Naomi nails them both and starts the match. Tamina comes in but gets booted by Sasha. Becky tags herself in and they argue again. Tamina charges but they work together and nail a double dropkick. Becky drops a leg, an elbow and another leg for a 2 count. Tamina takes Becky to the corner and in comes Naomi. Becky turns it around and nails a few arm drags. Naomi counters and hits the series of jumping kicks. Becky takes them and hits the exploder suplex, sending Naomi to the floor. Becky and Sasha run the ropes and baseball slide their opponents on the floor. They come off the apron together and nail their opponents again. Becky brings Naomi back in but she rolls right back out. Becky kicks Tamina away but Naomi takes advantage and drops Becky from the top, sending her to the floor. Fans chant for Sasha.
Becky makes it back in at the 8 count but Naomi starts pounding on her. Naomi stomps Becky and tags in Tamina. Naomi whips Becky into a big clothesline from Tamina. Tamina with a 2 count. Tamina keeps Becky grounded now. Sasha reaches for a tag and tries to rally fans. Tamina slams Becky and knocks Sasha off the apron. Tamina slams Becky by her hair. Naomi tags back in for the double team and a 2 count. Naomi works Becky over and keeps her down with a headlock.
Becky finally fights back and sends Naomi over the top. Becky pulls herself to the apron and is ready for the tag. She gets it and starts unloading on Naomi. Sasha knocks Tamina off the apron. She catches a Naomi kick and nails a big kick of her own. Sasha with a double knees as fans cheer. Sasha with running knees in the corner. She goes for another but Naomi moves and she hits the turnbuckles. Sasha sends Naomi into the turnbuckles face first now. Sasha with the Backstabber out of the corner and the Banks Statement but Tamina pulls Sasha out of the ring. Sasha chases Tamina around the ring and back in. Sasha runs into the Rear View from Naomi for a close 2 count. They waste time and Sasha sends Naomi into the ring post. Tamina tags in and drops Sasha with a big superkick. Tamina covers but Becky saves the pin. Naomi comes in and throws Becky to the floor. They go for a double suplex on Sasha but she counters. Becky with a double missile dropkick. Tamina misses a clothesline and Sasha drops her into the Banks Statement. Naomi runs in but Becky stops her and applies the Disarm Her at the same time. Team BAD taps out.
Winners: Sasha Banks and Becky Lynch
– After the match, Sasha and Becky celebrate and stand tall as Team BAD looks on from the ramp. We go to break.
– We come back and Cole points out Machine Gun Kelly with his friends at ringside.
– We get a look at Kevin Owens winning gold on Monday’s RAW in the Fatal 5 Way.
WWE Intercontinental title match: Dolph Ziggler vs. WWE Intercontinental champion Kevin Owens
Back to the ring and out comes new WWE Intercontinental Champion Kevin Owens. Dolph Ziggler is out next with Cleveland inspired gear on. His friends and family are in the crowd.
Ziggler charges to start but Owens stalls in the ropes. They lock up and go against the ropes. Owens with a cheap headbutt and a big forearm to beat Ziggler down. The referee warns Owens. Owens takes control. Ziggler eventually wraps Owens up on the mat but Owens applies a headlock. Owens with a shoulder tackle and a 1 count. Owens takes Ziggler back to the mat. Ziggler ends up slipping in the corner and landing bad. The referee backs Owens off as he checks on Ziggler. Owens goes back to work on Ziggler and drops the senton for a 2 count.
Ziggler comes back and nails a swinging neckbreaker. Ziggler misses an elbow and Owens comes back with another senton for a 2 count. Owens with a headlock now. Owens charges in the corner but Ziggler moves and Owens lands out on the floor. Owens clutches his shoulder but comes back in. Owens misses in the corner and Ziggler comes back with two big splashes. Ziggler with right hands, a neckbreaker and three elbows. Ziggler covers for a close 2 count after the fourth elbow. Ziggler misses a Fame-asser but keeps going. Owens ends up dropping Ziggler on the top rope and crotching him. Owens with the corner cannonball for a close 2 count.
Owens yells out at Cole and wastes time. Ziggler avoids a pop-up powerbomb and drops Owens with a DDT for a 2 count. Ziggler with shots in the corner. Ziggler takes Owens to the top for a superplex but Owens fights him off. Owens counters and slams Ziggler hard to the mat from up high. Ziggler rolls to the floor. Owens follows but Ziggler nails a superkick and they’re both down now. Ziggler rolls Owens back in the ring. Owens blocks the Zig Zag and hits a superkick. Owens also goes down. Owens gets up and stumbles into another big superkick. Ziggler covers for a close 2 count. Owens rolls to the floor now.
Owens pulls Ziggler to the floor and he lands hard. Owens goes for a powerbomb on the floor but Ziggler counters and sends Owens into the steel steps head first with a hurricanrana. Ziggler brings Owens into the ring and nails the Fame-asser for another close 2 count. Fans chant “this is awesome” as they both struggle to get up. Ziggler tunes up for Sweet Chin Music but Owens moves and Ziggler almost hits the referee. Owens kicks Ziggler’s leg out and nails a pop-up powerbomb for the win.
Winner: Kevin Owens
– After the match, Owens takes his title and has his hand raised as Ziggler recovers. We go to replays and come back to Owens rolling out of the ring with the gold. He lays it on the announcers table and stares at Cole, who congratulates him. Owens raises the title and walks around ringside with it while Ziggler is still on the mat. Owens walks with the title in his mouth and takes a Ziggler fan sign before leaving.
– We get a break and come back to Big Show, Ryback and Kane backstage preparing for war. Kane says they will send The Wyatt Family straight back to hell tonight. They walk off together. We get a video for the next match.
Erick Rowan, Luke Harper, and Braun Strowman vs. Kane, Big Show, and Ryback in a 6-man tag team match
We go to the ring and out comes The Wyatt Family. Bray Wyatt looks on with Erick Rowan, Braun Strowman and Luke Harper as Big Show is out first for his team. Ryback is out next and he stops to give a fan his pendant. Wyatt has apparently taken Saxton’s chair. Kane is out last.
Ryback starts off with Rowan and they go at it. Rowan with forearms and a headlock. Rowan takes Ryback to the corner and unloads. Ryback pushes out of a headlock and hits shoulder thrusts in the corner. Ryback with more strikes in the corner. Rowan runs into an elbow. Ryback goes to the middle rope and nails a dropkick for a 1 count. Big Show tags in and nails Rowan in the gut as Ryback holds him. Show takes Rowan to the corner and opens his suit for a big chop to the chest. Show stomps away on Rowan and beats him down in the corner. Show with another big chop.
Show beats Rowan down and tags Ryback in. Rowan drops Ryback with a high elbow. Harper tags in and they double team Ryback. Ryback with a splash in the corner but Harper nails a dropkick. Braun tags in and takes Ryback to the corner with offense. Braun tosses Ryback across the ring and yells out. Braun puts a knee to the back in the corner. Braun whips Ryback into the corner hard and he goes down as Bray looks on from ringside. Rowan comes back in as Big Show gets a “feed me more” chant going. Ryback blocks a suplex and hits one of his own.
Kane comes in and drops Rowan with a DDT. Kane slams Rowan and dropkicks him for a 2 count. Kane keeps control but runs into an elbow. Kane drops Rowan with a big boot. Harper runs in and stops a chokeslam but Kane drops him. Kane sends Rowan to the floor and follows. They fight right in front of Bray sitting in the chair. Braun gets involved and takes over, bringing Kane back in the ring. Braun beats Kane around and tags Harper in. They keep up the attack on Kane and in comes Braun again. Braun beats Kane around the ring until he runs into an elbow. Braun misses in the corner and awkwardly tumbles to the floor. Rowan helps him back in the ring and Harper tags in. Ryback comes in and unloads on Harper. Ryback with four running high knees in the corner. Ryback slams Harper twice as fans chant “feed me more” and Harper comes back for two more slams. Ryback slams Harper one more time and then nails a running powerslam for a 2 count as Rowan flies off the top to break it up. Kane chokeslams Rowan. Braun runs through Kane. Show sends Braun over the top. Harper hits Show from behind. Show lifts Harper and tosses him out onto everyone else. Show stands tall as fans cheer. Show goes around to the floor and spears Braun.
Ryback nails a Meathook on Harper. Bray distracts Ryback. Harper rolls him up for 2. Harper with a superkick. Kane takes out Wyatt on the floor. Ryback hits Shellshocked on a distracted Harper for the win.
Winners: Ryback, Big Show, and Kane
– After the match, WWE’s Titans stand tall in the ring as The Wyatt Family recovers on the floor and we go to replays.
– Back from a break and Roman Reigns is with JoJo backstage. She asks if his relationship with Dean Ambrose will ever be the same after tonight. Reigns says nothing will be the same after tonight. He says the only thing that matters is who will be the last man standing, and that’s him. He admits things will change between them tonight. Ambrose appears to a pop. They trade lines on the Road to WrestleMania 32 and Ambrose says he got a good deal on Priceline. JoJo reminds them they also have Brock Lesnar to worry about. Ambrose says Lesnar is strong, scary and absolutely not winning tonight. Ambrose says his crystal ball shows one of them, not Lesnar, standing across from Triple H at WrestleMania. Reigns says “believe that” and walks off as fans in the arena boo.
– We get a video for tonight’s WWE Divas Title match.
WWE Divas title match: Brie Bella vs. WWE Divas champion Charlotte
Back from the break and out first comes Brie Bella. WWE Divas Champion Charlotte is out next with Ric Flair. We get formal ring introductions from Lilian.
Brie is wearing Daniel Bryan’s kickpads from WrestleMania XXX tonight. They lock up and go to the corner. They lock up again and Charlotte slams Brie on her face. Charlotte mocks the “yes!” chants now. Brie charges but Charlotte goes to the ropes and forces her to back off. They trade holds on the mat now. Brie fights out of the scissors and nails Charlotte with strikes. Brie with a fireman’s carry takedown and an armbar as The Nature Boy looks on.
Charlotte with a running knee to the jaw. They trade holds and Brie gets the upperhand. Brie mocks Flair and does the strut as fans pop. They end up on the floor and Charlotte brings it back in. Charlotte talks trash and hits shoulder thrusts in the corner. Charlotte goes for an Alabama Slam and says this is for Nikki but it’s blocked. Brie rolls her up for 2. Charlotte comes right back with a clothesline. Charlotte wastes time and poses as fans boo. Charlotte with a 2 count. Charlotte with knees to the back now. Charlotte with another 2 count. Brie looks to go for the Yes Lock as they trade holds. Brie ends up on Charlotte’s back with a sleeper hold locked in.
Charlotte breaks the hold and drops Brie for a 2 count. Charlotte with a shot to the neck and the head scissors. Charlotte slams Brie and tosses her around with the scissors. Charlotte launches Brie with the scissors and kicks to her feet. Charlotte mocks The Bella Twins and wastes more time. Brie ducks a kick and slams Charlotte’s face into the mat. Brie calls for “Brie Mode” and hits the running knee to the face. Brie with a bunch of forearms and one big forearm to drop Charlotte for a close 2 count. Charlotte fights back and delivers chops to the chest. Charlotte ducks and nails a neckbreaker. Brie with a close 2 count. Charlotte runs over Brie with a big boot to the face.
Charlotte goes for the Figure Four but it’s countered. Brie sends her to the apron. Brie dropkicks Charlotte to the floor, right next to Flair. Brie dropkicks Charlotte from the apron again. Brie rolls Charlotte back in and goes to the top. Brie with a missile dropkick. Brie sells a leg injury but hits a bunch of “yes!” kicks. She misses the roundhouse but slams Charlotte with a Bella Buster for a 2 count. More back and forth but Brie is selling the leg injury. Brie gets the Yes Lock applied. Flair throws a fit at ringside. Brie turns it into a single leg crab right in Flair’s face. Brie adjusts her position and her leg goes out. Charlotte quickly kicks out of the hold and Brie goes face first into the rope. Charlotte applies the Figure Four into the Figure Eight for the win.
– After the match, we go to replays. Brie recovers as The Flairs make their exit.
– A WrestleMania 32 promo airs.
– We get a look at AJ Styles arriving in WWE and his feud with Chris Jericho.
– JoJo approaches Jericho backstage. She asks if there is any truth to Styles saying his win over Jericho is eating at him inside. Jericho brushes it off and says he won their last match so he has the upperhand. He doesn’t like Styles but he respects him. Jericho says if Styles beats him again, it could cement his spot in WWE. If he loses, it could send him packing from WWE. Jericho is worried for Styles and says he must be under a lot of pressure. Jericho reminds us he’s the best in the world at what he does and says we’re going to find out if AJ Styles is really phenomenal.
AJ Styles vs. Chris Jericho
We go to the ring and out comes AJ Styles to a pop. Chris Jericho is out next for this rubber match, also to a big reaction.
They lock up and go to the corner. They lock up again and trade holds. Styles with an early roll up for a 2 count. More back and forth. Jericho goes for the Walls of Jericho but it’s blocked. Styles goes for the Calf Crusher but Jericho quickly gets to the bottom rope and goes to the floor. Fans cheer them both. Styles baseball slides to the floor but Jericho runs right in the ring. We get dueling chants from the crowd now. Styles comes back in and they lock up. Styles gets the upperhand and takes it to the corner. Styles slams Jericho and drops a knee to the face for a 2 count. They trade several chops now. Jericho with forearms. Styles throws Jericho to the apron but he goes to the top and comes down with a big right hand. Styles gets right up with a dropkick. Styles with a snap suplex as the dueling chants start back up.
Jericho launches Styles with a big back drop and then clotheslines him to the floor. Jericho with a baseball slide. Jericho sends Styles flying into the barrier. Jericho brings it back in the ring and goes to the top. Jericho with a crossbody for a 2 count. Jericho with a headlock now. Styles ends up leaping out onto Jericho and the floor but Jericho dropkicks him in mid-air. Jericho brings it back inside and springboards in with a splash for a 2 count. Jericho with another headlock now. More dueling chants. Styles fights up and out. Jericho chops him. Styles with a flying clothesline. Styles with another clothesline and another in the corner. Styles sits Jericho down and hits a big running right hand to the face. Styles scoops Jericho on his shoulders but Jericho fights back. Styles springboards into a nice inverted DDT for a close 2 count. Jericho blocks the Styles Clash and hits an enziguri for a 2 count. Styles blocks the running bulldog and drops Jericho on his face for a 2 count.
They go on and Jericho hits a Lionsault for 2. Jericho with a clothesline in the corner before taking Styles up top for a superplex. Styles slides out and drops Jericho’s face into the turnbuckle. Styles springboards in from the apron but before he can bounce off the top rope, Jericho nails a springboard dropkick, knocking Styles off the rope for a 2 count. More back and forth as they go into the corner. Jericho is on top as Styles catches him with a Pele kick. Styles climbs up for a hurricanrana but Jericho catches him and falls to the mat. Jericho is still holding Styles and puts him in the Walls, right in the middle of the ring.
Styles crawls some and finally makes it to the bottom rope to break the hold. Jericho is frustrated now. He goes to work and drops AJ on his head outside of the ring. The referee counts as Jericho comes back in. Jericho goes back out and applies the Liontamer on the floor. He comes back in and lets the referee count. Styles makes it back in before the count out but Jericho nails a Codebreaker. Jericho covers but Styles gets the bottom rope. Jericho calls Styles a stupid son of a bitch and a stupid man. He slaps Styles around in the corner. Jericho runs into a boot to the chest. Styles fights back now. Styles counters a move and nails the Styles Clash for a close 2 count. Styles goes into the Calf Crusher. Jericho tries for the bottom rope but finally has to tap out.
Winner: AJ Styles
– After the match, Styles stands tall and has his hand raised as his music hits. He goes to the corners and poses for fans as Jericho gets up. Jericho comes from behind and pulls Styles from the top. They come face to face. Styles turns to leave and Jericho grabs him, drawing his fist back. Styles says they can go again if Jericho wants to. Jericho drops his fist and extends his hand as some fans boo. Styles shakes Jericho’s hand as they play his music again.
– We go back to the pre-show panel for some discussion. Back to the announcers as they show replays from Alberto Del Rio vs. Kalisto earlier tonight.
– We go to the ring and WWE Hall of Famer Edge’s music hits. He comes from one side of the stage as Christian appears from the other. They stop as the pyro goes off. Tony Chimel does their introductions and does “Rated R Superstar” like only he can. The ring is set up for a special episode of The Cutting Edge Peep Show.
The former WWE Tag Team Champions plug their new WWE Network show that debuts later tonight. Christian says the show is really funny. Edge wants to get serious for a moment, and makes a Lance Storm mention. He says it’s good to be back home in front of the fans in a WWE ring. Christian talks about some history in Cleveland but he’s interrupted by WWE Tag Team Champions The New Day.
Xavier Woods, Big E and Kofi Kingston talk as they enter the ring and meet Edge and Christian in the middle. The two sides go back and forth on the mic but the Network is having a lot of issues. The New Day talk about being the best. They’re interrupted by The League of Nations – King Barrett, Sheamus, Alberto Del Rio and Rusev. Woods says they would love to fight The League but it’s their day of rest. The New Day leaves. Barrett threatens Edge and Christian with a Bullhammer. Sheamus also threatens them. Del Rio gets in Edge’s face and takes credit for forcing Edge to retire. Edge and Christian leave the ring and walk to the back, stopping in front of The New Day. Edge says they were going to do a 5 Second Pose but that’s on The League now. He introduces them as The International House of Dumbasses. The New Day dances around and plays Francesca 2 while Edge and Christian plug their show, all of this being done to taunt The League as they look on from the ring. Not much to this segment We go to break.
R-Truth vs. Curtis Axel
We go to the ring and out comes the Social Outcasts – Adam Rose, Bo Dallas, Curtis Axel and Heath Slater. Slater says they’re making Fastlane go viral tonight. Rose says they’re just four Prius on the Road to WrestleMania but no one else wants to be a Prius. R-Truth interrupts them and comes out; apparently believing he’s wrestling a handicap match.
Slater and Rose get on the apron at one point, causing a distraction. Bo pushes Truth off the top as the referee deals with the other two. Rose, Bo and Slater run a victory lap around the ring as fans cheer and Axel gives them a thumbs up. Goldust makes his way out and trips Axel as Truth whips him into the ropes. Slater charges at ringside but Goldust ends him into the barrier. Goldust rolls Rose into the ring as he charges. This leads to Axel getting the roll up on Truth for the win.
Winner: Curtis Axel
– After the match, Goldust comes in and apologizes for accidentally costing Truth the match. Truth isn’t happy and leaves.
– We get a video package for tonight’s main event.
Triple threat match for the #1 contendership: Brock Lesnar vs. Roman Reigns vs. Dean Ambrose
The winner of this match will face WWE World Heavyweight Champion Triple H at WrestleMania 32. We go to the ring and out comes Dean Ambrose first to a pop. Roman Reigns is out next through the crowd. Brock Lesnar’s music hits to a big pop and out he comes with Paul Heyman and the pyro.
Everyone looks ready to fight as we get formal ring introductions from Lilian. Reigns gets pretty significant boos. Heyman does the introduction for Lesnar. The bell rings and Lesnar rams Ambrose into the corner. Reigns attacks Lesnar from behind. Lesnar fights him off with knees. Lesnar knocks Ambrose off the apron. Lesnar catches Reigns with a big German suplex. Reigns lands on the back of his neck. Lesnar with thrusts in the corner. Ambrose comes from behind but Lesnar shoves him and hits a big clothesline, sending Ambrose to the floor. Lesnar goes back to work on Reigns in the corner. Another German for Reigns. Ambrose comes off the top with a missile dropkick to the back of the neck of Lesnar. Ambrose tries for a German on Lesnar but it’s blocked. Lesnar nails a belly-to-belly on Ambrose.
Lesnar launches Reigns into the barrier. Ambrose dives out but Lesnar catches him in mid-air and drops him on his head on the floor. Lesnar brings Reigns back in as fans chant for Suplex City. Another German for Reigns, and another. Fans cheer as Lesnar bounces around. Lesnar nails a F5 and covers for 2 as Ambrose leaps in and breaks the pin. Lesnar looks at Ambrose and smiles. Ambrose slaps Lesnar. Lesnar unloads and sends him to the mat. Lesnar with a big knee to the ribs. Lesnar with a German for Ambrose, and another.
Reigns is still down on the floor as Lesnar hits the fifth German on Ambrose. Lesnar scoops Ambrose for a F5 but Reigns runs in and spears him. Reigns with a close 2 count on Lesnar. Lesnar struggles to get up. Reigns nails a Superman punch. Lesnar rolls to the floor. Reigns follows and leaps off the steel steps but Lesnar catches him on his shoulders. Lesnar goes for a F5 on top of the announce table but Ambrose nails a big low blow from behind and Lesnar goes down. Heyman throws a fit. Ambrose smiles at Reigns. Ambrose takes apart the announce table. Reigns joins him as they stand over Lesnar and appear to be working together again. They powerbomb Lesnar through the announce table to a big pop. Fans chant “holy shit” as Lesnar is laid out.
Ambrose finally sends Reigns into the steel steps and brings it in the ring. Ambrose takes him down and they go at it. Ambrose with a shot in the corner and the running bulldog. Ambrose goes to the top and hits the flying elbow for a close 2 count on Reigns. Reigns blocks a neckbreaker and nails a big right hand. They trade shots in the middle of the ring now. Ambrose unloads with punches and chops. Ambrose runs into a boot but bounces back with the big clotheslines. Lesnar starts moving at ringside as Heyman has been pleading with him. Ambrose and Reigns see this. Ambrose goes to ringside and starts beating on Lesnar. Reigns joins in. They launch Lesnar into the barrier and he hits with a big thud. Ambrose takes apart the main announce table now. They grab Lesnar and powerbomb him through a second announce table. Lesnar is down and in pain.
They bury Lesnar under a bunch of table pieces. Reigns nails Ambrose with a right hand out of nowhere. Reigns brings it back in the ring and unloads in the corner as fans boo and count along. Reigns drops Ambrose with a right but he gets right back up. Reigns rolls Ambrose up for 2 and lifts him for the powerbomb but Ambrose hangs on and nails elbows to the head. Ambrose ends up coming off the second rope but falls on a Superman punch instead. Fans boo as Reigns readies for the spear. Ambrose gets his knee up instead. Reigns charges and Ambrose sends him into the ring post. Ambrose with Dirty Deeds on Reigns for a close 2 count as fans lose it.
Fans chant “this is awesome” as Ambrose points at the WrestleMania sign. Ambrose goes for Dirty Deeds but it’s blocked. Ambrose is on Reigns’ shoulders when Lesnar runs in and hits a German on both of them at the same time. Fans pop big time again. Reigns spears Lesnar when he gets up. Lesnar pulls Reigns into the Kimura Lock in the middle of the ring. Reigns powers to his feet while Lesnar still has the hold locked. Ambrose comes in with three chair shots to Lesnar, breaking the hold. Ambrose unloads with the chair on Lesnar. He turns to Reigns and beats on him with the chair. Back to Lesnar with chair shots. Lesnar rolls to the floor. Ambrose turns around to a spear from Reigns for the win.
Winner and new #1 contender: Roman Reigns
– After the match, Reigns recovers as we go to replays. We come back to Reigns celebrating. The pyro goes off as he looks up at the WrestleMania 32 sign. The celebration is interrupted by Triple H’s music. Out comes the WWE World Heavyweight Champion in a suit. He enters the ring and they stare each other down while circling. They stop and look up at the WrestleMania sign, then back at each other. Triple H raises the title up in Reigns’ face as Fastlane goes off the air.