Updated list of confirmed WWE DVD and Blu-ray releases for 2014!
Courtesy of WrestlingDVDNews.com, below is the updated confirmed WWE DVD and Blu-ray schedule for 2014:
* February 25th – Royal Rumble DVD and Blu-ray
* March 11th – WCW’s Greatest Pay-Per-View Matches Vol. 1 DVD and Blu-ray
* March 18th – Signature Sounds: The Music of WWE DVD
* March 25th – Elimination Chamber DVD
* March 25th – Scooby-Doo: WrestleMania Mystery DVD and Blu-ray
* April 1st – Ultimate Warrior: The Ultimate Warrior DVD and Blu-ray
* April 22nd – Best of RAW: After The Show DVD and Blu-ray
* May 13th – WrestleMania XXX DVD and Blu-ray
* May 27th – Greatest Wrestling Factions DVD and Blu-ray
Also, the Paul Heyman DVD and Blu-ray set is scheduled to be released in August.
Courtesy of WrestlingDVDNews.com, below is the full content listing for WWE’s “WCW: Greatest Pay-Per-View Matches Vol. 1″ DVD and Blu-ray that comes out on March 11th. The Blu-ray exclusives will be revealed soon.
The Evolution to Pay-Per-View
Steel Cage Match for NWA World Heavyweight Championship
Ronnie Garvin vs. Ric Flair
Starrcade • November 26, 1987
United States Championship Match
Barry Windham vs. Dusty Rhodes
Great American Bash • July 10, 1988
Courtesy of WrestlingDVDNews.com, below is the cover photo and synopsis for WWE’s “WCW: Greatest Pay-Per-View Matches Vol. 1″ DVD and Blu-ray. The set comes out on March 11th.
“Starrcade! Halloween Havoc! The Great American Bash! Road Wild! For the first time ever, collect all the greatest pay-per-view matches and moments from the rich history of World Championship Wrestling.
Courtesy of LordsofPain.net:
WrestlingDVDNews.com has posted an in-depth preview of the documentary feature on the upcoming History of WWE DVD and Blu-ray. They describe the chapter on Owen Hart’s tragic death as “very classy” with WWE first discussing the events of May 23rd, 1999 and then talking about who Owen was. Martha Hart is only referred to by her first name once by Linda McMahon and none of the legal events were mentioned. Linda, Chris Jericho, Jim Ross and The Undertaker were interviewed for the Owen chapter.
Editor’s note: This DVD looks pretty good…it even includes the Montreal Screw Job!
The History of WWE: 50 Years of Sports Entertainment Blu-ray
PRODUCT NO: W06451
The expected in-stock date is Tue Nov 19 2013.
Courtesy of wrestlingdvdnews.com:
Here’s everything we know so far about the Best of MSG release:
- It’s confirmed to be produced as a three disc DVD and two disc Blu-ray set.
- The release date to the United States is August 27th; Amazon has it to pre-order here.
- It will be released September 4th to Australia, September 9th to the UK.
- WWE involving Bruno Sammartino in the project is said to be a focal point. There will be new interview pieces with him included between matches and moments.
- At least 20 matches are planned for the compilation and WWE reportedly went with a “never-before-seen” on DVD approach with several of those chosen.
- As of now only the Razor Ramon vs. Shawn Michaels WrestleMania 10 Ladder Match has been revealed, along with a look at John Cena’s Royal Rumble victory in the Garden.