Obviously Wrestlemania 1 was a success, and thus Wrestlemania 30 for 30 continues with our review of Wrestlemania 2 – What The World Is Coming To… a show that took place from three different arenas on the same day with three different main events. It is also a show that was a great example of what NOT to do and a show where – many mistakes were made, and the WWF definitely learned their lesson. We’ll talk the matches, the celebs, and the build-up PLUS MORE!
Courtesy of superfriendsuniverse.com:
The time has come for the VERY FIRST edition of Wrestlemania 30 for 30 – as we go back to 1985 and review Wrestlemania I, but oh no, its a lot more than that. We will talk about the secret history of Wrestlemania, a timeline of Vince McMahon’s takeover of the territories and expansion, the importance of the talent, AND we review Wrestlemania – the grand daddy of them all. We also talk about the year of 1985, Mr. T, television, celebrities, Ali, and MUCH more. Join Big D, Double G from FGB, and the Derrty White Boy Jason for our first trip down memory lane.
Right click to download or stream below.
Welcome to OWW Radio! Each week hosts David (@dlb19338) and Alex (@AlexGoff84) will provide perspective to the WWE, TNA, and everything else making news in the world of professional wrestling. A new episode will be posted each week. This week Alex is joined by Danny, the founder and creator of SuperfriendsUniverse.com. Alex and Danny talk about the state of the WWE now that Wrestlemania season is behind us. What went right and what went wrong in NY/NJ, and where does the WWE go from here?
Check out Danny’s website www.SuperfriendsUniverse.com. The site will be featuring a ‘Wrestlemania 30 for 30’ countdown review over the next year detailing each and every Wrestlemania leading up to next year’s big event in New Orleans.
Follow Danny and SuperfriendsUniverse.com on Twitter @emperorbigd.
Listen to the episode here:
Dig into these never-before-seen photos from the truly historic event that was WrestleMania 29.
It’s hard to believe, but The Show of Shows has once again come and gone, as an epic and historic night has now turned quietly to dawn. For many in the WWE Universe, the past seven days have been somewhat of a blur, as the New York/New Jersey area was transformed into one giant theater to play host to The Grandest Stage of Them All.
One day later, though, and the WWE Universe is still buzzing — not only from the momentous events of last night, but also from the anticipation of everything that lies ahead, spinning out of The Show of Shows.
But before we officially turn the corner on that road departing WrestleMania, WWE.com presents its five favorite moments from WrestleMania 29.
View the photos here:
Welcome to OWW Radio! Each week hosts David (@dlb19338) and Alex (@AlexGoff84) will provide perspective to the WWE, TNA, and everything else making news in the world of professional wrestling. A new episode will be posted each Friday.
This week David and Alex chat about the big weekend in New York, including the WWE Hall of Fame inductions, WrestleCon, and of course Wrestlemania 29 itself. It’s safe to say that Alex is not looking forward to CM Punk’s match with the Undertaker!
Listen to the episode here: http://www.clickwrestle.com/podcasts/owwradio
Courtesy of Michael Weaver, Jr. of http://wrestlingupdateonline.com.
WWE TOP 10:
WRESTLEMANIA‘S CHAMPIONSHIP CHANGES
Many championships have changed hands at WrestleMania but which 10 made the list?
10. WWF Intercontinental Championship Match – The Ultimate Warrior (WWF Intercontinental Champion) -vs- “Ravishing” Rick Rude (with: Bobby”The Brain”Heenan) – WWF WrestleMania V
9. WWF Heavyweight Championship Match – Yokozuna (WWF Heavyweight Champion) (with: Mr. Fuji) -vs- Hulk Hogan – WWF WrestleMania IX
8. WWE United States Championship Match – The Big Show (WWE United States Champion) -vs- John Cena – WWE WrestleMania XX
7. Triple-Threat Ladder Match for the WWF Tag Team Championship – The Dudley Boyz (WWF Tag Team Champions) -vs- The Hardy Boyz -vs- Edge & Christian – WWF WrestleMania 2000
6. Triple-Threat Match for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship – Kurt Angle (WWE World Heavyweight Champion) -vs- “The Legend Killer” Randy Orton -vs- Rey Mysterio – WWE WrestleMania 22
5. WWE World Heavyweight Championship Match – “The Animal” Batista (WWE World Heavyweight Champion) -vs- The Undertaker – WWE WrestleMania 23
4. Iron Man Match for the WWF Heavyweight Championship – Bret”The HitMan”Hart (WWF Heavyweight Champion) -vs- “The HeartBreak Kid” Shawn Michaels (with: Jose Lothario) – WWF WrestleMania XII
3. Title For Title Match for the WWF Heavyweight Championship and the WWF Intercontinental Championship – Hulk Hogan (WWF Heavyweight Champion) -vs- The Ultimate Warrior (WWF Intercontinental Champion) – WWF WrestleMania VI
2. WWF Intercontinental Championship Match – Randy”Macho Man”Savage (WWF Intercontinental Champion) (with: Miss Elizabeth) -vs- Ricky”The Dragon”Steamboat (with: George”The Animal”Steele) – WWF WrestleMania III
1. WWF Heavyweight Championship Match with “Iron” Mike Tyson as Special Guest Enforcer – “The HeartBreak Kid” Shawn Michaels (WWF Heavyweight Champion) (with: D-Generation X) -vs- “Stone Cold” Steve Austin – WWF WrestleMania XIV
Check out the website here:
Do you agree with Michael’s list? Which ones would you include / exclude?
STAMFORD, Conn., April 2, 2013 – WWE today announced a record-level of digital and social media initiatives during WrestleMania Week, providing fans with more access to Superstars and WWE content than ever before. WrestleMania 29 will be broadcast live on pay-per-view Sunday, April 7 at 7 p.m. ET.
Courtesy of WWE.com:
WrestleMania is where careers are made and in-ring legends take shape. As WWE proves on an annual basis, WrestleMania is not only The Showcase of the Immortals, but it’s also the showcase of the celebrities.
Now, with the WWE Universe firmly planted upon The Road to WrestleMania 29, WWE.com has sifted through every celebrity appearance from every past Show of Shows. And after some (mostly) good-natured in-fighting, we’ve come up with the definitive list of the 25 Grandest Celebrities of WrestleMania.
Check out the article:
I shake my head every time I read that someone inside the WWE locker room isn’t thrilled with the Rock headlining another Wrestlemania. I guess it’s possible that these are false rumors, that everybody is excited about the upcoming show in New York City. But as the old saying goes, “where there’s smoke, there’s fire.” Even going back to Miami last year there have been rumblings that Dwayne Johnson’s comeback has been met with resistance.