Welcome to The Armpit wrestling quiz for the week of March 13, 2017.
Lots of news this past week, with the main drama involving Matt and Jeff Hardy, where they will end up long term, and whether or not they can use their new gimmick. Thought now would be a good time to do a quiz on none other than: “The Hardy Boyz.”
There were once again no winners to last week’s quiz, as everyone missed at least one or two questions. I’ve tried to make this quiz a little easier.
Last week’s answers:
1) In 1994, Shaquille O’Neal accompanied Hulk Hogan to the ring for his match against Ric Flair at WCW Bash at the Beach.
2) Notable about Kevin Greene’s match at WCW Great American Bash 1996 was Steve McMichael turning on him and joining the 4 Horsemen.
3) Karl Malone and DDP vs Hulk Hogan and Dennis Rodman at WCW Bash at the Beach 1998 left a lot to be desired because Rodman was hung over and almost fell asleep at certain points in the match.
4) Russ Francis, along with several other NFL stars, appeared in a battle royal at WrestleMania II.
5) When Floyd Mayweather punched Big Show in the nose, he didn’t mean to bust up his nose, but he really did, by accident. Show later said he was so upset he almost strangled him, but he was probably half-working when he said that.
6) When Pacman Jones had to bow out of his tag team match in TNA, he was replaced by Xavier Woods, who teamed with Ron “R-Truth” Killings.
7) The angle to start the Bam Bam Bigelow vs LT feud was LT laughed at him for losing at the Rumble, causing Bigelow to shove him really hard.
8) Of the MMA fighters we listed, Chuck Liddell never did pro wrestling.
9) Tonya Harding was signed by AAA in 1994 to capitalize on her notoriety following the scandal with Nancy Kerrigan. Jay Leno mocked the press conference, saying “Love Machine” Art Barr should change his name to the “Love Handle Machine” because of his minor belly fat. Barr and Eddy Guerrero were among the best tag teams of the ‘90s, or any decade for that matter. I saw them live at their peak, and the heat they generated was unlike anything you see today in any country.
This week’s questions:
The Hardys originally made their name on the independent scene. Which indie promotion were they originally part of?
True or false: Before the Hardys made it big in WWE, they were television jobbers for the company.
Which tag team legend originally managed the Hardys in the WWF?
a) Arn Anderson
b) Rick Steiner
c) Michael Hayes
d) Marty Jannetty
What really springboarded the Hardys to fame in the WWF was their series of excellent ladder and TLC matches.There were two other WWF tag teams they feuded back and forth with during this time, and they all became synonymous with each other. Which two teams were they?
a) The Brood and Dudleys
b) Too Cool and the APA
c) Headbangers and New Age Outlaws
d) Edge/Christian and the Dudleys
The Hardys had their inevitable split and feud with each other, kicking off with an angle at the 2009 Royal Rumble.What happened?
a) Matt drew #1 and Jeff drew #2, forcing them to square off at the Rumble and things got worse from there.
b) Matt interfered in Jeff’s title defense against Edge, causing him to lose the WWE title.
c) After months of teasing tension, they finally had a blowup in the Rumble and Matt threw Jeff over the top rope, effectively turning heel.
d) Jeff accidentally hit Matt in a tag match, but Matt thought it was on purpose so he turned on him.
The feud from the Rumble carried over into WrestleMania 25, when the two faced each other in what kind of match?
b) Ladder match
c) Extreme rules
d) Steel cage
Pretty much everyone thought WWE took things too far during the Matt vs Jeff feud, crossing the lines of bad taste.What in particular rubbed people the wrong way?
a) The use of Jeff’s child as part of the angle.
b) The reference to Matt’s real-life relationship troubles with Lita.
c) Matt implied that he burned down Jeff’s house in a fire that killed his dog Jack, which was a real life incident that was turned into an angle.
d) The exploitation of Jeff’s drug troubles.
The Broken Hardys gimmick really took off in 2016, receiving considerable underground buzz considering how few people TNA.Why was Jeff referred to as Brother Nero?
a) He used to use that name on the indie scene before they became stars.
b) Jeff likes to burn CDs, so he named himself after a popular CD burning software.
c) It’s a tribute to his daughter, who is named Nera.
d) Nero is Jeff’s middle name.
The Hardys recently debuted with ROH and won their tag team titles.True or false, the Hardys are the first tag team to simultaneously hold the ROH and TNA tag team titles.
What are Matt and Jeff’s history with WCW?We’re talking about the original WCW that died in 2001, not the WCW titles that were used as part of the invasion angle after WCW went out of business.
a) The Hardys were TV jobbers on Nitro and Saturday Night, just as they were on Raw before they got famous.
b) They were trained at the WCW Power Plant, but never used on TV.
c) They had some wins on syndication and other non-Nitro WCW shows, but they wrestled under different names.
d) The Hardys never wrestled for WCW.
There are three ways to send us your answers to the quiz:
We will randomly generate a number to determine the winner. For example, if the number is 25 and you’re the 25th person to contact us with correct answers, you win. Winners receive a free copy of our brand new e-book, “The Armpit Wrestling Quiz Archives: Volume 1.” It features 128 quizzes we’ve written over the years and clocks in at 420 pages and a whopping 1,079 questions on pro wrestling history dating back to the 1980s. We’ll also announce your name here next week as the winner.
Answers will be posted next week. Have fun and good luck.