Last updated by David Buckler on April 28, 2014
- WWWF Tag Team titles w/Jay Strongbow defeating King Curtis Iaukea & Baron Mikel Scicluna (May 22, 1972);
- NWA Gulf Coast Tag Team titles w/Eddie Sullivan defeating Afa & Sika (April 5, 1977);
- NWA (Gulf Coast) Alabama Heavyweight title defeating Rip Tyler (November 3, 1977);
- NWA Florida Brass Knuckles title defeating Killer Karl Kox (February 1979);
- AWA Southern Tag Team titles w/Ricky Morton defeating Larry Latham & Wayne Ferris (September 24, 1979);
- AWA Southern Tag Team titles w/Frank Morrell defeating Eddie & Tommy Gilbert (September 15, 1980);
- Sonny King was a boxer before turning to wrestling..
- Early-1970s: Sonny King worked for Vince McMahon Sr’s World Wide Wrestling Federation..
- May 1972: Sonny King & Chief Jay Strongbow defeated Baron Mikel Scicluna & King Curtis to win the WWWF Tag Team titles..
- 1974: Sonny King came into Jim Crockett’s Mid Atlantic territor as the supposed relative of Bearcat Wright..
- 1980: Sonny King & Frank Morrell won the NWA Southern Tag Team titles..
- Early 1982: Sonny King suffered a serious injury due to a stabbing incident outside the Charlotte Coliseum..
- Late 1982: Sonny King returned to wrestling in Memphis, where he served as manager for The Samoans, Arn Anderson, and others..
- Sonny King was recognized as a shooter who would stretch mouthy rookies or those he caught exposing the wrestling world.