WWE SMACKDOWN! RESULTS
January 20, 2005|
Montreal, QUEBEC, Canada
Announcers: Michael Cole & Tazz
- VELOCITY TAPINGS:
- Spike Dudley defeated "Textbook" Tyson Dux..
- Paul London & Sho Funaki defeated Shannon Moore & Nunzio..
- Hardcore Holly defeated ?????..
- Kenzo Suzuki defeated Charlie Haas..
- IN THE RING: Theodore Long..
- Theodore Long says that Kurt Angle will 'face the music' after doing what he did last week..
- Theodore Long says that Kurt Angle will stand alone, and issue an apology to Joy Giovanni or lose his shot at Rumble..
- Theodore Long says that nobody will lay a hand on him until he issues the apology, but after that it's open season..
- TAG TITLE MATCH: The Basham Brothers w/Orlando Jordan vs Eddie Guerrero & Booker T..
- One of the Bashams brought a title belt into the ring but Eddie got it and was caught by the referee!
- Referee Nick Patrick disqualified Eddie Guerrero, was got into an arguement with his partner Booker T..
- Eddie Guerrero turned his back and walked away, while the Bashams & Orlando Jordan attacked Booker T..
- Eddie Guerrero looked back and watched briefly before deciding to return to the to make the save!
- Booker T did a Spinerooni while Eddie Guerrero hit a frog-slash on Orlando Jordan!
- BACKSTAGE: Josh Mathews & John Bradshaw Layfield & Amy Webber..
- JBL says he's done some questionable things in his life but Kurt Angle did cross the line last week..
- JBL says that he'll get his hands on Kurt Angle and the perception of JBL will be forever changed..
- BACKSTAGE: The Big Show & Joy Giovanni (looking DAMN good tonight!)
- The Big Show says he doesn't care what Theodore Long says he'll get his hands on Kurt Angle when he arrives!
- ROYAL RUMBLE QUALIFYING MATCH: Scotty Too Hotty defeated Akio..
- INTERVIEW: Josh Mathews & John Cena (wearing a Montreal Canadians jersey)..
- John Cena talks about going into the Royal Rumble where everyone is fighting for the same prize..
- John Cena says that if you're in the main event at Wrestlemania, that means you are the top dog..
- John Cena tries (unsucessfully) to get yet another catch phrase over "If ya want some, COME get some!"
- BACKSTAGE: The Big Show & Theodore Long..
- Theodore Long warns Big Show not to touch Kurt Angle until AFTER he apologizes to Joy Giovanni..
- IN THE RING: Carlito Caribbean Cool + John Heidenreich + The Undertaker (on screen)..
- Carlito Cool says Theodore Long should be held responsible for Joy Giovanni's abduction last week..
- Carlito Cool says he will continue to travel the world until he gets enough signatures on the petition..
- John Heidenreich came out to the ring and signed Carlito Cool's petition to remove Theodore Long..
- John Heidenreich takes the microphone and says he wants Theodore Long gone for forcing him into a Casket match..
- John Heidenreich says he'll do anything to get out of that match -- suddenly the lights go out!
- The Undertaker comes up on the big screen and says the hour glass will be empty after Royal Rumble..
- The Undertaker opens a Casket and reveals a figure of Heidenreich (probably Heidenreich himself, taped earlier)..
- John Heidenreich freaks out in the ring as The Undertaker says he will REST.... IN....... PEAACCCCEEEE..
- BACKSTAGE: The Big Show & Rochelle & Maureen Jones (another new Diva woohoo)..
- The Big Show nearly whacks the two useless Divas with a chair thinking they were Kurt Angle..
- ROYAL RUMBLE QUALIFYING MATCH: John Cena (United States champion) defeated Rene Dupree..
- After the match, Kenzo Suzuki sneak attacked John Cena and hit him with his vicious leg sweep finisher!
- BACKSTAGE: The Big Show & John Bradshaw Layfield..
- JBL offers Big Show the idea of joining forces for 1-night only to destroy Kurt Angle after he apologizes..
- The Big Show says it's the first time JBL has made any sense, and says he will think about it..
- ROYAL RUMBLE QUALIFYING MATCH: Rey Mysterio defeated Chavo Guerrero..
- Rey Mysterio won after a 619 and a springboard splash..
- IN THE RING: Kurt Angle + Joy Giovanni (on stage, and still looking DAMN good) + The Big Show + JBL..
- Kurt Angle snuck through the crowd and entered the ring and called out Joy Giovanni for an apology..
- Kurt Angle read a prepared statement, saying Joy seems like a nice girl, even though her taste in men is suspect..
- Kurt Angle says if he caused Joy any mental for physical anguish, then for that he apologizes..
- Kurt Angle says he knows the Big Show is behind the curtain, and says if he has to pay the price, let it be now..
- The Big Show came out and sent Joy Giovanni backstage and walked to the ring to confront Kurt Angle..
- Kurt Angle jumped out of the ring and circled, before saying they can settle it at the Royal Rumble and leaves..
- John Bradshaw Layfield & his Cabinit then came out and stood in the way of Kurt Angle's exit..
- John Bradshaw Layfield says Kurt Angle will get what he deserves --- and so will he (JBL)!
- John Bradshaw Layfield shook Kurt Angle's hand, and they all surrounded the ring to gang up on Big Show..
- The Bashams got in the ring, followed by Mark Jindrak & Luther Reigns, they all got knocked out of the ring!
- The Bashams, Orlando Jordan, Jindrak, Reigns, Kurt Angle and JBL all attacked at once, but Big Show fought back!
- The heels got the upper hand, and JBL smashed a steel chair over Big Show's head with a sickening thud!
- Kurt Angle repeatedly punched Big Show's bloody forehead, and JBL got a kick to the head in as well..
- Kurt Angle & JBL together rammed the steel ring steps viciously into Big Show's head, knocking him out!
- And that's a wrap folks...
Go Back To WWE History | Go Back To SmackDown! History
© 2007, Black Pants, Inc. All other trademarks are property of their respective holders.