CWF MID-ATLANTIC PRESENTS THE 4th ANNUAL JOHNNY WEAVER CUP FINALS THIS SATURDAY, AUGUST 25th, IN BURLINGTON, NC
* Many legends to appear to honor Johnny Weaver and to crown the 2007 Weaver Cup Champion!
CWF Mid-Atlantic returns to the Carolina Sports Arena in Burlington, NC this Saturday, August 25th, with a 7:30pm belltime. This is a full card of great action including many surprise Mid-Atlantic legends to appear!!!
The annual summer long tournament to honor the legendary Johnny Weaver wraps up the 2007 edition this Saturday night as the Final Four remaining clash to claim the prestigious trophy. The winner will be presented the trophy cup by Johnny Weaver himself and with it gain a future title shot at the Mid-Atlantic Heavyweight Title.
This year several surprise Mid-Atlantic legends will also be in attendance as we honor Johnny Weaver. Two of those legends, Don & Rocky Kernodle will not only be in attendance, they will also be in action! But even more are planning to be in Burlington as a special surprise this year for Johnny Weaver.
The 2007 Final Four could provide many unique bouts to determine the winner. The semi-final matches will take place at the beginning of the night and both winners will face each other in the finals for the main event of the evening.
– Joey Silvia The reigning Mid-Atlantic Heavyweight Champion, member of Commissioner’s Ty Dillinger’s “Destiny” group and the VIPs, and certainly a favorite to win the tournament. Silvia has held a firm grip on the coveted heavyweight belt since last October, defeating each and every challenger, and just two weeks ago retained the championship against 3-Time Champion Ric Converse, albeit under controversial means. There is no denying that Silvia remains at the top of the the very talented Mid-Atlantic region and adding the Weaver Cup to his accomplishments is something that Ty Dillinger has every intention of doing. Silvia is making his second straight Final Four appearance.
– Jesse Ortega The former Mid-Atlantic Television Champion has done something that no one else in the tournament can claim. Not only is he the longest reigning TV Champion of the modern era, he’s fought his way into the Final Four every year of the Weaver Cup. This year marking his fourth straight appearance. Ortega has also made it into the finals the past two years, winning the tournament in 2006. Ortega has proven he excels in the grueling tournament action and as has been tabbed by many to be the first to be the first to repeat as the Weaver Cup Champion. Also a member of the exclusive VIPs, an Ortega vs. Silvia matchup could create chaos in the faction headed by Ty Dillinger.
– Mitch Connor A former Mid-Atlantic Television Champion and former Mid-Atlantic Tag Team Champion, Connor is no stranger to winning titles. Connor is also no stranger to the Weaver Cup, as this year will mark his third straight Final Four. The Wisconsin native has seemed more focused than ever, picking up many victories, including knocking off last year’s Weaver Cup Champion, Gemini Kid, en route to making the Final Four. A member of Fatback Enterprises and managed by Brad Stutts, Connor appears primed to make the most of this year’s appearance. It’s no secret that Stutts and Dillinger have not gotten along at all since Dillinger capturee the commissionership of the CWF Mid-Atlantic. And Stutts has been very vocal in his complaints that Dillinger has over-looked his charges.
– Brass Munkey The former Mid-Atlantic Television Champion and former Mid-Atlantic Tag Team Champion, Brass Munkey, is the fan favorite pick to win this year’s tournament. The popular wrestler has proven his has the tenacity and drive to accomplish any goal and over-coming the odds is simply a way of life for Brass Munkey. He certainly has the odds stacked against him in this first Final Four appearance, but you have to believe that the Carolina Sports Arena will be firmly behind him. Capturing the tournament trophy with secure a shot at Silvia’s Mid-Atlantic Title, a shot that many have said he more than deserves at this point.
Commissioner Ty Dillinger commented on the tournmanet, “I’m very glad that all the old-timers are showing up Saturday night for the Weaver Cup Finals. They all wanted to see with their own eyes the greatest Mid-Atlantic Heavyweight Champion of all time, Joey Silvia. After Joey wins it, I think we are going to rename it the Joey Silvia Cup. Because no one is better!”
All this and so much more including Mid-Atlantic Tag Team Champions Rob “Boogie Woogie Man” McBride & Tank Lawson, Ric Converse, Xsiris, the Kamakazi Kid, all your favorites at the Carolina Sports Arena this Saturday night!
Please note this is expected to be an over-flow crowd for this special event and we recommend that you reserve seats or arrive early to guarantee you are not turned away when the building fills up.
Don’t you dare miss it!!!
CWF-MAX! results from August 18th in Burlington
1. Alex Adonis defeated El Mariachi by pinfall in singles action (4:44)
2. Neon Lion “Classic” Chris Collins defeated Trent Wylde by pinfall in singles action (7:56)
3. Michael McAllister defeated Brass Munkey in Former TV Champion Grudge action by pinfall (8:58)
4. Marcellus “Mid Atlantic” King defeated “Jersey” Nick Richards by pinfall in singles action (1:33)
5. “Rock N Roll” Matty Dee defeated Gregory Vercetti in the Piledriver Match of Doom (13:30)
6. “Dangerous E” Corey Edsel & Donnie Dollar$ w/Brad Stutts defeated the Mid-Atlantic Tag Team champions Tank Lawson & Rob “Boogie Woogie Man McBride by pinfall in main event Street Fight action (12:17)
Officials: Katie Kincaid, Redd Jones & Chris Troxler
+++ What was billed as the “Grudge Match Between TV Champs” turned into a bloodbath as former champs Brass Munkey and Michael McAllister went all-out in one of the hardest-hitting contests of their respective careers. Munkey resorted to a couple of unusual tactics, beating McAllister with a kendo stick after spitting green mist in his eyes, but was unable to convert his advantage on the concrete floor to a pinfall victory.
+++ Mikael Yamaha ran to the ringside area to cheer on “Rock N Roll” Matty Dee as he turned around his fortunes and defeated Gregory Vercetti in the Piledriver Match of Doom. Dee acknowledged Yamaha’s support by stating “actions speak louder than words…”
+++ “Dangerous E” Corey Edsel, obviously unhappy at being introduced with the Fatback Enterprises theme, teamed with Donnie Dollar$ and defeated the current Mid Atlantic Tag Team Champions in Street Fight Rules action. Dollar$ & Edsel were able to get the big pinfall victory after Vercetti dove away from Tank Lawson as Boogie was lining him up for a shot to the ribs with a baseball bat. Lawson was pinned as the bloodied McBride was left laying on the concrete. The champions had a very visible and public disagreement as Lawson got his breath back following the bell and nearly attacked his partner for the shot with the ball bat. Edsel, upon leaving the arena, was heard to say that the Fatback Enterprises theme song was “really growing on him”.
RESERVE YOUR SEATS FOR THE NEXT EVENT AT THE CAROLINA SPORTS ARENA
The CWF returns to live action on Saturday, August 25th, at the air conditioned & heated Carolina Sports Arena, in Burlington, NC! This is a special event featuring the 2007 Johnny Weaver Cup Final Four!
To reserve the best seats, visit our website to reserve seats or e- mail [email protected] with your name and number of seats to hold. You can now also order your tickets in advance online. Only advance ticket holders are entered into a special FREE PRIZE drawing held that evening.
The CSA is located at 3667 Alamance Road inside Air Park West. From I-40/85 take Exit 143 and follow Hwy. 62-South for 1.5 miles just past the Burlington Airport. For door-to-door directions, please visit our website.
CWF MID-ATLANTIC ON MYSPACE
Stay in constant contact with CWF Mid-Atlantic, get important bulletins, and meet your favorite wrestlers by adding us to your friends list on myspace!
CWF MID-ATLANTIC NOW AVAILABLE FOR YOUR MOBILE PHONE!
You can now access the CWF Mid-Atlantic website specifically for your mobile phone! Get all your news updates, schedules, and even reserves seats when you’re away from home directly from your mobile phone!
Our mobile phone website can be accessed from the cwfmidatlantic.com main page link or you can bookmark it at www.awamidatlantic.com/i/
WHERE TO WATCH CWF CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING Now anyone can watch, anytime, anyplace!
The weekly television program will now be available for download exclusively at Highspots.TV! Don’t miss “the fastest half hour of wrestling anywhere!” PLUS there will be never-before-seen bouts available for download including the BLOODY BLOODY Steel Cage Match from BattleCade VI, Corino-Converse II, WWE’s Mickie James in action, and much more!!
Now you’ve got no reason to miss out on all the great action from CWF Mid-Atlantic!!!
* August 25 (Sat., 7:30pm) Johnny Weaver presents Weaver Cup trophy! Carolina Sports Arena – Burlington, NC