- Mankind, Ken Shamrock, Big Show & Test all came together because they felt they were getting screwed by the Corporation..
- ~~~The gimmick was a partial shot at Jesse Ventura, who tried to get a ‘union’ started in wrestling many times in the past..
How The Big Show joined The Union:
- March 28, 1999 – Wrestlemania 15: Mankind defeated “Big Show” Paul Wight by disqualification to earn the right to referee the main event..
- ~~~Vince McMahon came down and yelled at Paul Wight for messing up and getting disqualified..
- ~~~Vince McMahon said that Paul Wight was a “nobody” so Wight hauled off and knocked McMahon out!
- ~~~Vince McMahon had The Big Show arrested!
How Ken Shamrock joined The Union:
- March 29, 1999 – RAW: The Ministry abducted Stephanie McMahon and held her hostage until Ken Shamrock found her..
- April 5, 1999 – RAW: The Ministry ambushed and abducted Ken Shamrock to punish him for ruining their plan last week..
- ~~~The Ministry brought out Ken’s sister Ryan Shamrock to the stage and strapped her to the symbol and sacrificed her!
How Vince McMahon joined The Union:
- Vince McMahon, who had been ousted from the Corporation, briefly led the Union into battle with the Corporation..
- April 12, 1999 – RAW: Vince McMahon was slapped by Shane McMahon, who claimed that his father had forgotten his priorities..
- ~~~Vince McMahon was later revealed as the “Higher Power” focusing his attention of his enemy Stone Cold Steve Austin..
- ~~~The Ministry abducted Debra and Undertaker threatened to sacrifice her, but Ken Shamrock ran down with a baseball bat..
- ~~~The Undertaker told Ken Shamrock that Ryan Shamrock was in the basement, so he ran down to rescue her..
- ~~~It was only a trap though, as The Ministry ambushed and attacked Ken Shamrock & Mankind in the basement..
- ~~~Ken Shamrock called out Undertaker, but The Ministry attacked him, and Triple H & Bossman made the save..
- ~~~Suddenly though, Triple H & Bossman attacked Ken Shamrock by orders of Shane McMahon..
- April 18, 1999 – Heat: Ken Shamrock defeated Test and Big Boss Man in a handicap match..
How Mankind joined The Union:
- April 19, 1999 – RAW: The Big Show beat Viscera by disqualification (Taker & Viscera double-teamed Big Show until Mankind made the save!)
- April 25, 1999 – Backlash: Mankind defeated The Big Show in a BOILER ROOM BRAWL..
- ~~~Mankind escaped the Boiler Room to win the match only to be attacked by The Big Bossman & Test..
- ~~~The Big Show emerged from the Boiler Room to make the save for Mankind..
How Test joined The Union:
- The Big Bossman turned on Test, at the orders of Shane McMahon, so Test joined the Union..
- Steve Austin and The Rock were “implied” members, but never stood with them because of their ‘loner’ gimmicks..
- April 26, 1999 – RAW: Mankind and The Big Show defeated Test and The Big Bossman.
- The Undertaker had an “Unholy Wedding” to Stephanie McMahon, who was strapped to the Symbol..
- ~~~Ken Shamrock and The Big Show tried to stop the ceremony but they were both taken out by the Ministry..
- ~~~Stone Cold Steve Austin was the one who emerged and saved Stephanie McMahon from the unholy wedding..
- April 29, 1999 – Smackdown!: Mankind defeated The Big Bossman.
- May 3, 1999 – RAW: The Union made its first collective appearance holding 2X4s to challenge the Corporate Ministry..
- ~~~Test defeated The Big Bossman and Viscera and Mideon in a 4-WAY (after the match the Union made the save!).
- ~~~Triple H beatd Ken Shamrock with Chyna as referee. Steve Austin vs The Rock ended in a No Contest in a Lumberjack match..
- ~~~The match never got started as Corporate Ministry Lumberjacks attacked Rock/Austin until the Union and others made the save!
- May 16, 1999 – HEAT: The Union (Ken Shamrock, Mankind, Test & The Big Show) defeated The Disciples Of Apocalypse (8-Ball & Skull) & Too Much (Brian Christopher & Scott Taylor).
- May 17, 1999 – RAW: The Union brawled with the Ministry backstage during the show.
- May 23, 1999 – Over The Edge: The Union defeated the Corporate Ministry (Acolytes / Viscera/ Big Bossman)..
- June 7, 1999 – RAW: New CEO of WWF Steve Austin rebooked the show and gave members of the Union any match they wanted!
- ~~~Test asked Stephanie McMahon out on a date and she said yes, much to the displeasure of Vince & Shane McMahon!
- ~~~Vince McMahon defeated Ken Shamrock in a Lion’s Den Match (after the match Jeff Jarrett whacked Shamrock with a chair!).
- ~~~The Undertaker w/Paul Bearer vs. The Big Show ended in a No Contest when Big Show choke-slammed Taker through the ring!