BILL BEHRENS NWA NOTES for 6-18-07Â
|6/16 NWA Anarchy Report
BY LARRY GOODMAN
NWA Anarchy put the finishing touches on the build up to Hostile Environment â€™07 at last nightâ€™s television taping in Cornelia.
In seven days, Owner Jerry Palmer will boldly take Anarchy where no
Most of the set up stuff worked well. A few things did not. If the previous show was a home run, then last nightâ€™s was a stand up double.
The crowd of 135 didnâ€™t produce anything close to the insane level of heat at the previous taping. Itâ€™s not like they were bored. It felt more like they were holding something in reserve for the big show.
Ring announcer Eddie Rich opened the show with a ten-bell salute honoring Sherri Martel.
Rich then introduced Greg Hunter and John Johnson, NWA Anarchyâ€™s announce team par excellence.
(1) Truitt Fields beat Jake Manning in 6:52. Fields blasted Manning with power moves in the early going. He picked Manning off the top rope with a press slam for a near fall. Manning took over with a power drive back suplex. Manning took a bump on his neck that made him mean. Manning tried to stifle Fieldsâ€™ power, but ended up taking a big gut bump. Comeback time. Manning tried to come off the top, but Fields caught him in his sitout uranage to score the pinfall. It was stellar display of power by Fields, who is over bigtime. Manning clearly knew his role and took great bumps.
Palmer came out and said that nobody had climbed the ladder in Anarchy like Fields. He gave Fields props for taking the Anarchy Television Champion Jeremy Vain to the limit at the last taping. Palmer said Vain was a no show and by all rights he should strip him of the title, but that would just give himl something to cry about. Instead, Palmer granted Fields a title shot at Hostile Environment. â€œGo get the TV title, big boy.â€ Fields was mad psyched.
Next up was a backstage vignette featuring Anger Alliance. Adam Roberts asked Brandon Phoenix and Don Matthews for the results of their research on the greatest four man teams of all-time. The best they could muster was the
(2) Don Matthews (with Adam Roberts) pinned Todd Sexton with The Lariat after Salvatore Rinauro interfered (6:11). Sexton was ruthless aggression at the start. He got a front guillotine. Lots of MMA influence in Sextonâ€™s offense tonight. Matthews responded with a big league fallaway slam. Roberts interfered liberally. Sexton felled Matthews with a series of leg kicks. Sexton unleashed a barrage of strikes, and got the crossface. The crowd, which had been dead to this point, chanted for the tap out. Matthews powered out. Sexton staggered Matthews with an enzuigiri, dropped him with a Flatliner, and applied a cross armbreaker. Roberts distracted ref Brent Wiley to set up Rinauroâ€™s top rope elbow drop. Rinauro put Matthews on top, but Sexton kicked out. Matthews finished him with his
Rinauro accused Sexton of trying to make him look like an imbecile (as if he needed help), so the concussion he got as a receipt was his own d**n fault. Rinauro promised to end Sextonâ€™s career at Hostile Environment. Rinauro was choking Sexton out when Kaleb Conley and Andrew Pendleton made the save. The fans are unmoved by Sexton, so this program works to the extent they hate on Rinauro.
(3) Patrick Bentley defeated Slim J in 15:56 to even their best of five series at 2-2. Mediocre pop for Bentley. J, on the other hand, is treated as a babyface star. This was similar to matches two and three, as J successfully used his ground and control tactics to throttle Bentley. J was mostly working for submissions. He would throw in the occasional big move and pin attempt to keep Bentley off balance The fans were quiet but they werenâ€™t missing a thing. At 6:30, after getting almost zero offense, Bentley slapped the mat in frustration. J applied a punishing cutthroat headscissors, and J managed to bridge out. The crowd got behind Bentleyâ€™s comeback a bit. He hit the spring action kick for a near fall. J went back to the submissions with a front guillotine and a rear naked choke. J tried for a wacky variation of a Texas Cloverleaf, but Bentley fought it off. Bentley rallied with a fisherman suplex dropped into a neckbreaker across the knee for a near fall. J hit his flying reverse DDT for a near fall. They went back and forth with pinning combinations. Simultaneous forearm shots connected. J was up first. J went for a huracanrana, but Bentley countered with a Canadian Destroyer type move for the pin. A very good match. Pound for pound, J is the innovative mat wrestler on the planet. Heâ€™s educating Anarchy fans about a different style. I didnâ€™t see match one, but this was better than either two or three.
â€œSlimmy, itâ€™s 2 to 2,â€ said Bentley. â€œAre you gonna be ready for the next one, buster?â€ It got a modest pop. Again, the response for J was much greater as he left selling his neck.
(4) Ace Rockwell pinned Adam Roberts with Aces High in 8 minutes flat after foiling
The opener and the main event scored major thumbs up as far as making me want to see the matches they were pimping for Hostile Environment. The other stuff, not so much.
(5) Sex and Money (Caleb Konley & Andrew Pendleton) beat Brodie Chase & Brandon Phoenix via DQ when the other half of Anger Alliance interfered (7:35). Typical tag match format. Konley took the heat. Chase hit a pumphandle neckbreaker and said, â€œNow, we go to mobile home school,â€ but Konley fought off the figure four. Konley hit an axe kick and made the hot tag, but the fans werenâ€™t feeling Pendleton as a baby. It was a cringeworthy moment, as Pendletonâ€™s cheerleading for himself was louder than the crowd. I think Roberts and Matthews attacked Pendleton before he even got a near fall. Roberts and Matthews hit their finishers to leave Pendleton laying. The bleacher fans chanted â€œHorseman Wannabesâ€ at the
(6) Mikki Free (with Al Getz) squashed Billy Buck in 2:10.[/b] Getz had the dog collars with him. Buck got instant â€œ
Getz said they would finish the job on
Palmer said Free was going to get hung â€œlike the dog you are.â€ Getz and Free stationed themselves at ringside behind a mysterious masked man in a hooded sweatshirt. Palmer sweetened the pot for the Dog Collar match at Hostile Environment: If Free won, â€œcontrol freakâ€ Getz would gain creative control of Anarchy. But if
Awesome Attraction (Austin Creed & Hayden Young) vs.
(7) Azrael (with â€œThe Revâ€ Dan Wilson) pinned Kory Chavis (with Attorney Jeff G. Bailey) to win the man advantage for the War Games (11:10). Match of the night, hands down. To say these warriors have a history would be putting it mildly. Chavis has dropped some weight, and the opening sequence of the match shows how much it has helped his agility. In something of a tribute to Sherri Martel, Bailey raked Azraelâ€™s eyes, and
Shaun Tempers hit the ring and joined Azrael for a beatdown on Chavis. Jeff Lewis and Phil Shatter came out to help Chavis. Dominous came out to even things up for the Rejects. A table made its way into the ring along with Bailey and Wilson. This was hilarious. They stripped their jackets off. Bailey punched
Although this is an epic saga of two heel factions locked in a death struggle, thus far, the sympathy factor has been tilted towards the outmanned NWA Elite. The addition of Chavis evened the odds, and now it appears that the Rejects are a man short going into the War Gamesâ€¦or are they?
The segment to build up the ladder match was the
NOTES: The card for Hostile Environment breaks down as follows: Rejects vs. NWA Elite in the War Games, Parham vs. Rockwell for the heavyweight title, Free (with Getz) vs. Jackson (with Palmer) in a dog collar match, Vain vs. Truitt for the TV title, Brunettes vs. Awesome Attraction vs. Delay & Hawkins in a ladder match with the tag titles on the line, J vs. Bentley to decide the best of five, Sexton vs. Rinauro and Anger Alliance vs. Sex & Money & Derrick Driver & Steven Waltersâ€¦The Mountain Center has hosted a series of successful MMA shows including a show last night that drew over 1800. Promoter Lane Collyer gave Palmer permission to have fliers for the Anarchy show distributed to all those in attendance…Palmer said heâ€™s hopeful that in the coming week, Anarchy will receive widespread coverage in the local newspapersâ€¦Rockwell did a 15 minute segment on the Bert show on Atlantaâ€™s Q100 last week and will do another guest spot this week
Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â NWA ANARCHY HOSTILE ENVIRONMENT 6-23-07Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â THE
Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â SAL RINAUROÂ Â Â Â Â Â VSÂ Â Â Â Â TODD SEXTONÂ
Â THE ANGER
Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â BEST OF 5 SERIES, MATCH 5Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â PATRICK BENTLEYÂ Â VSÂ Â Â Â SLIM JÂ
Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â DOG COLLAR MATCHÂ Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â MICKIE FREE w/GetzÂ Â Â Â Â Â VSÂ Â Â Â Â SHADOW w/PalmerÂ
Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â NWA ANARCHY TV TITLE MATCHÂ Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â TRUITT FIELDSÂ Â VSÂ Â JEREMY VAIN (CHAMPION)
Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â NWA TAG TEAM TITLE LADDER MATCH DELAY & HAWKINS VS
Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â NWA ANARCHY HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE MATCHÂ Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â ACE ROCKWELLÂ Â Â Â Â VSÂ Â Â Â Â Â
Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â WAR GAMESÂ Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â DEVILS REJECTSÂ Â Â VSÂ Â Â NWA ELITE(ICEBERG, DOMINOUS, TEMPERS,AZREAL) (CHAVIS, LEWIS, SHATTER & ABOMINATION)Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â W/THE REVERENDÂ Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â W/JEFF G BAILEYÂ
HERE IS SOME GENERAL INFO FOR HOSTILE ENVIRONMENT 07 TICKET PRICES ARE AS FOLLOWS RINGSIDE (FIRST ROWS) 25 FLOOR(2ND 4 ROWS) 20 ALL OTHERS 15 AS FAR AS KIDS UNDER 6 FREE – WE ARE UNDER THE JURISDICTION OF THE RULES OF THE
NWA ANARCHY TV eps 68 online now!!!!Â
MATCH #1Â CHASE & PHOENIXÂ VSÂ DRIVER & WALTERSMATCH #2Â TODD SEXTON INTERVIEW (RINAURO, FAST EDDIE & MASADA)MATCH #3Â
CLASSIC NWA WILDSIDE MATCHES NOW ON PPV Â
NWA Wildside presents Metal Mayhem! Take a trip down memory lane as NWA Wildside brings you some of their most historic and brutal cage matches from their yearly Freedom Fight mega-events! Featuring… Â
War Games 2001: AJ Styles, Onyx, Air Paris & Mystery Partner vs. Jason Cross, John Phoenix, Adam Jacobs, & Justice managed Jeff G Bailey Â
Steel Cage Gauntlet for Wildside Heavyweight Title 2002: Adam Jacobs vs. AJ Styles vs. Rick Michaels vs. Rainman vs. David Young vs. Iceberg vs. Scottie Wrenn Â
War Games 2003: Jeremy V, Jimmy Rave, Onyx, & Hotstuff Hernandez vs. Rainman, Jason Cross, Iceberg, & Justice managed Jeff G Bailey Â
War Games for the Wildside Tag-Team Titles 2004: Murder 1, Slim J Gabriel, & Altar Boy Luke vs. Todd Sexton,
Approx. Run Time: 2 hours 40 minutes, Format: Windows Media, Screen Size: 480×360 Â
PURCHASE NOW at WWW.THESUPERSTATION.NET Â
Only $15 for a 30 day pass………………… Â
www.thesuperstation.net is now offering NWA ANARCHY SEASON’S BEATINGS as a PPV event for only $15 for a 30 day pass Â
The PPV option now has a 720×480 screen size Â
NWA ANARCHY SEASONâ€™S BEATINGS REMEMBER WHEN THEATRE
TAG TEAM TOURMOIL ROBERTS & BLACKMAN VS HAWKINS & CARNAGE TRUITT & SHATTER VS HAWKINS & CARNAGE TEAM MACHTION VS TRUITT & SHATTER YOUNG & CREED VS TEAM MACHTION PHOENIX & CHASE VS YOUNG & CREED BENTLEY & DELAY VS
TV TITLE MATCH JIMMY RAVE VS ACE ROCKWELL (CHAMPION) Â
TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH (JERRY PALMER â€“ SPECIAL REFEREE) JUSTICE SERVED VS UAS (CHAMPIONS) Â
JEREMY VAIN VS â€œTHE PHENOMENALâ€ AJ STYLES Â
HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE MATCH SAL RINAURO VS SLIM J (CHAMPION) Â
DEVILS REJECTS W/DAN
NWA Anarchy byCa$hflowX
June 11, 2007
Last week at Hardcore Hell, Justice Served sentenced NWA Anarchy Owner Jerry Palmer to death by hanging, Chad Parham became the first dual champion in Anarchy history by pinning Ace Rockwell, Abomination sent Tank straight to hell by tree slamming him through a thumb tacked and fluorescent tube latent table and Abomination snapped Tankâ€™s neck.
WRESTLING: (n.) \â€™res-ling\ A sport of contest in which two individuals face off in unarmed combat.
ANARCHY: (n.) \an-ar-key\ (1) A state of lawlessness due to absence of authority. (2) A complete lack of order.
What happens when you mix the two together? NWA-Anarchy!
– Welcome to another edition of NWA Anarchy. Greg Hunter was befuddled how Abomination nearly killed Tank. Johnson takes over the introduction as Hunter heads to the ring. This week, Jeremy Vain takes on Ace Rockwell.
– Greg Hunter is with the NWA Anarchy Heavyweight & TV Champion Chad Parham. Parham gloats to the ring as he enters to â€œWe Are the Championsâ€ and sporting a cup of â€œscoldingâ€ hot Starbucks coffee. It makes me wonder if Parham has been watching WCW Nitro reruns involving Flair and the Giant. Hunter is forced to hold the ropes for the champion. Parham tells Hunter that he didnâ€™t receive the memo about tonightâ€™s agenda and proclaims himself the best wrestler on television. If only Parham would piledriver John Cena and his bootleg carnation milk self through the ring to the arena floor, wrestling would be so much better. If human cloning were possible, Parham would even hold tag gold. Tonight, we are going to see which wrestler will lay his shoulders down to the mat in two weeks when Parham defends the TV Title. Remember, everyone paid to see the double champion Chad Parham.
1. Adam Roberts vs. Truitt Fields w/Don Matthews
THE MATCH: Johnson accuses Hunter of causing Roberts to suffer from clinical depression. Roberts has been through more partners than Lawrence Taylor had in 10 years. How about Roberts has been through more tag team partners than Hank Williams has got busted with weed? Fields dominates until Matthews pulls the top rope down. Matthews drops Fields throat first on the guardrail and follows up with a nice chop. Roberts focuses his attack on Fieldsâ€™s neck. After commercial break, Matthews continues to assert nastiness upon Fields and even wrenches his neck on the post. Fields fights back with a powerslam, which prompts more interference from Matthews. Roberts sets to nail Fields, but he ducks and Matthews takes a tumble to the NWA Arena floor. Fields wins with the Sky High. Afterwards, Roberts scorns Matthews for botching the finish. Boy, Roberts sure has had bad luck with tag partners recently.
WINNER: Truitt Fields.
COMMENTS: Fields got a much needed win while the story continued to build with Robertsâ€™s problems with tag partners. There were a couple of sloppy spots and too much interference from Matthews, but it didnâ€™t take away from the overall experience.
2. Hollywood Brunettes (Kyle Matthews & Andrew Alexander) vs. Caezar Chavez & Myric
THE MATCH: Tonightâ€™s designated jobbers made the ultimate mistake by turning their backs on the Brunettes. Johnson points out that Chavez shouldnâ€™t have picked a wrestler from the womenâ€™s division.
COMMENTS: The Brunettes finishes is innovative and brutal.
– Hunter is standing with Justice Served and â€œMr. Representationâ€ Al Getz. Getz gloats about hanging Jerry Palmer, â€œWhen I saw Palmer with his feet dangling, gasping for air and with foam and bile coming out his mouth, it looked like vindication and justice.â€ Getz reminded Palmer, that like Vince McMahon, there is â€œNo Chance in Hellâ€ of outsmarting him. Getz concludes, â€œLike a black man running for president, it ainâ€™t never going to happen.â€ He proclaims that it was the luckiest day of Austin Creedâ€™s & Hayden Youngâ€™s life that they didnâ€™t show up the first time to wrestle them.
3. Seth Delay & Adrian Hawkins vs. Don Juan & Patrick Bentley
PREMATCH: There is never a dull moment with the uber charismatic Don Juan. He addresses the crowd, â€œladies, women and girls over the age of 18.â€ Now wait a minute, that doesnâ€™t include a large portion of the female population in the NWA Arena. So I donâ€™t think Don Juan will have a very successful pimping game tonight. LOL! Chris Marval was unable to attend, so Don appropriately announces Patrick Bentley as his tag partner.
THE MATCH: Bentley immediately goes to town on his former tag partner and his replacement. Bentley fights off a double team with a double clothesline. Don tags in and displays his offensive prowess on Hawkins. Delay takes exception and distracts Don when he turns to Bentley. Don fights back with a clothesline and single leg kick. He heads over to his corner, but Hawkins cuts him off. Delay & Hawkins take out Don with a chop block and clothesline combination. After commercial, they work over Don Juanâ€™s leg. Hawkins slaps a half crab on Don, but he makes it to the ropes. Delay takes exception to a near fall and clobbers Don with a clothesline. Don buys himself time with a desperation neckbreaker and makes the hot tag to Bentley. Don Juan distracts the referee and Delay takes advantage with a chair shot. Hawkins wins with the Unprettier.
POSTMATCH: They set up to humiliate Bentley further, but Slim J makes the save.
WINNER: Delay & Hawkins.
COMMENTS: I hated this match live and even more on television. The crowd didnâ€™t rally behind the highly charismatic Don Juan when the heels worked over him or when Bentley received the hot tag. When the fans are silent for wrestlers who normally receive good heat, itâ€™s time to pull the plug on the experiment. Either Bentley should rejoin his old tag partners or set him up in a feud with a top face.
4. Jeremy Vain vs. Ace Rockwell
STIPULATION: Winner receives a NWA Anarchy TV Title shot in two weeks against Chad Parham.
WINNER: Jeremy Vain by DQ.
COMMENTS: This match had the fun, clever and predictable screwjob finish. It also helped set up Vainâ€™s potential run as television champion and Rockwell challenging Parham for the Anarchy title down the road. Itâ€™s amazing what a great worker Rockwell is. A good run as TV champion should help Vain elevate himself to main event status.
– OVERALL: Itâ€™s really hard to follow up on the booking end a week after Hardcore Hell. Unlike WWE right after Wrestlemania, Anarchy followed up with good storylines with exception of the Bentley vs. Delay & Hawkins feud. Getz was a quote machine and it would nice to see more of Don Juan.
– DOWNLOAD: http://www.thesuperstation.net/nwaanarchy.html.Â
NWA Virginia/ ASW .
*BREAKING NEWS*BOBBY HOUSTON vs STAN LEE IN
On Saturday Night, June 30, 2007 NWA All-Star
Wrestling returns to the
demanded a shot at NWA ASW Heavyweight Champion Stan
“The Man” Lee and the NWA ASW Board of Directors has
granted him that shot. Bobby Houston will battle Stan
Lee for the NWA All-Star Wrestling Heavyweight
Championship. Bobby Houston has been cheated out of
victories by Stan Lee on several occasions.
Will this be another successful title defense by the
5-Time NWA ASW Champion?
Or will this be the night that Bobby Houston fulfills
his destiny and takes his rightful place on top as the
NWA ASW Heavyweight Champion?
You will have to come and find out. Bobby Houston
needs all of his great fans to come out on June 30 to
support him on his quest.
Also, scheduled to appear in Appalachia are Charlie
“California” Dreamer, “Mexican Sensation” Chris
Guerrero, “Young Gun” Cody Ices, Matthias Grimm, Texas
Justice (Blackjack Lewis & Donnie Dallas), Scott
Sterling and many more.
TICKETS WILL BE ON-SALE AT THE
STARTING ON THURSDAY, JUNE 14TH. GET YOUR TICKETS
EARLY BECAUSE THEY WILL SELL-OUT!!!
RINGSIDE SEAT: $10.00 ADVANCE/$12.00 AT THE DOOR
ADULT GENERAL ADMISSION: $8.00 ADVANCE/$10.00 AT THE
CHILD GENERAL ADMISSION(AGES 6-11): $5.00 (NO ADVANCE
KIDS 5 & UNDER ARE ADMITTED FREE!!!
*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE*
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT NWA ALL-STAR WRESTLING AT
(863)660-2009 OR CONTACT THE
CHECK BACK AT MYSPACE.COM/NWAALLSTARWRESTLING FOR
UP-TO-THE-MINUTE COVERAGE & NEWS REGARDING THIS HUGE
PRO WRESTLING RETURNS TO
SATURDAY NIGHT, JUNE 30, 2007
BELLTIME IS 8PM
DON’T MISS THE BIGGEST NIGHT IN NWA ALL-STAR WRESTLING
Arya Davari explained why he joined Rev. Ben Johnson
last month, and that because of the Reverend’s
guidance, Arya still has the MAW Light heavyweight
Title. This prompted the Reverend to come to the ring
and explain to Arya that he wouldn’t be getting his
ACW X Division title shot tonight, mainly because
Johnson gave Nick Colucci the month off. Justin Dredd
then came out, demanding he get a shot. The Reverend
explained that after losing to Colucci six times in a
row, and not being smart enough to see that the entire
time Colucci, The Reverend, and Dredd’s own manager
Miss Anne had a plan to screw him over, Dredd didn’t
deserve anything. The Reverend then offered a match up
to the fans, allowing Dredd and Davari to compete for
a shot against Colucci next month. The winner of the
match would be allowed to name any match they wanted
against Colucci. Jason Jerry then got his shots in on
the Reverend, announcing NWA:WI’s show on June 30th
with Austin Aries. Jerry also announced that ICW
joined NWA:WI as an affiliate, as ACW is. Jerry also
assured the fans that if Johnson tried to do anything
he shouldn’t be doing, he’d have no problem removing
the Reverend. Tony Mega then got in the face of the
Reverend, which resulted in Johnson bringing out
“Tattooed” Mark Phieb from ICW. Mega picked up the
victory, showing he can win in singles competition.
Johnson then got back in the ring, only to be
interrupted by Brandon Madrox. Madrox came to the ring
with a guitar and sang a song to the Reverend to cheer
him up. The song didn’t please the Reverend, and as a
result Madrox’s opponent was announced as Adrian
Tony Mega def. “Tattooed” Mark Phieb
Adrian Lynch def. Brandon Madrox
J-Cash def. Jerry Stylz
Tejas def “K-Train” Kody Rice
“The Living Legend” Larry Zbysko def Derrick St.
Steve Stone & Hardcore Craig def. The Dream Police
Dysfunction def. “El Vato” Jose Guerrero
#1 Contendership for the ACW X Division Title:
Justin Dredd def. Arya Davari
-Dredd then announced that he would make next months
match for the title a 3 way dance between himself,
Colucci, and Davari.Â
INSANE CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING Will return to the The
Sports Connection located at
) Bell time is 8pm Doors open at 7pm.
Tickets are only $15 dollars for ringside $12 for G.A
$5 for kids 12 and under and are available by emailing
Best in The Midwest Tournament 6 of the best wrestlers
in ICW. The winner has any title shot anytime he
wants. Silas has also put up his ICW Midwest Title to
be defended in the tournament.
1st Round with the Finals being a 3way Elimination
Alto Vs Silas Young
Troy Walters Vs Jason Hades
Justin Dredd Vs
Big Daddy Brody Hoofer (c) Vs “Diablo” John Johnson
ICW Heavyweight Title
The Soul Shooters Vs Keeping It Gangsta
ICW Tag Team Title Match
DysFunction and Arya Daivari Vs Esteban Molina and
Tony Rican w/ Val Malone and Jayson Cash
5 Way Tag Team Match
Jared JohnsonVille and Rocky Kiisses Vs Chris Mason
and Chase Mccoy Vs Jason Dukes and Super Mario Vs
Scotty Pride and The Ninja vS Mark Priebe and MadroxÂ
Empire Wrestling Federation ran at the Knights Of
defeated Dan Kobrick to retain the EWF Championship in
the main event. Also on the show, TNT (Brandon Nitro &
Johnny Dynamite) defeated Featured Attraction (Mike
Arsenal & Matt Flash) to retain the EWF Tag Team
Championship. For complete results, click below.
Knights Of Columbus
Country Bear defeated Max Martin
Aggravated Assault defeated Vizzion & Angelas
Terex defeated Bino Gambino via countout
Hook Bomberry defeated Human Tornado & Mikey Nicholls
Ryan Taylor defeated Markus Riot to retain the EWF
TNT (Brandon Nitro & Johnny Dynamite) defeated
Featured Attraction (Mike Arsenal & Matt Flash) to
retain the EWF Tag Team Championship
Joey Harder defeated Dan Kobrick to retain the EWF
June 9, 2007 was a history making night for Rising
Phoenix Wrestling. Partnering with NWA Pro, The
first round match in the NWA World Heavyweight Title
Tournament. Other matches included an encounter for
the RPW Championship, and a feud was settled in an
â€œI-Quitâ€ match. Full details are below.
The Latin Terra â€œXâ€ pinned Payed Daily following two
fishermanâ€™s busters. X was impressive in his RPW
debut, controlling the entire match and finishing
Daily off in rapid fashion.
Johnny Dynamite pinned â€œMiracleâ€ Mike James; â€œXXXâ€
Lawrence Tyler attacked Dynamite after the match,
drawing Brandon Nitro to the ring.
RPW interview set to proclaim that Nitro didnâ€™t earn
his title shot, and he would prove that point later in
his title match tonight.
Mikey Nicholls and â€œThe Limited Editionâ€ Tommy Drake
defeated The Navajo Warrior and Tommy Kim. Nicholls &
Drake spent the opening portion of the match avoiding
their opponents, hoping to quiet the crowd who was
vocal in their support of Navajo & Kim. The match was
a very competitive one, with Nicholls sneaking in a
pin against Navajo Warrior after he and Drake double
teamed Navajo behind the refereeâ€™s back.
RPW Commissioner JS Crock came out to announce that
the grudge match between The Hawaiian Lion and Black
Metal would now be an â€œI-Quitâ€ match. Due to the
violence level that the feud has reached, he also
announced that this would be their last match. The
Hawaiian Lion came out and demanded the match take
place immediately, and Crock was quick to accommodate
The Hawaiian Lion forced Black Metal to pass out with
a modified camel clutch using a pipe wrench to win the
â€œI-Quitâ€ match. The ring could not contain this match,
as both men fought through the locker room, arena
entrance, concession stand, throughout the entire set
of bleachers and the ringside seats before finally
bringing the action into the ring. Lion was able to
avenge Metalâ€™s previous actions by forcing him to pass
out with the same pipe wrench Metal has used against
opponents in the past.
Following intermission, â€œThe Voice of RPWâ€ Greg
DeMarco started a live interview with RPW president
Earnest Guill regarding RPWâ€™s relationship with NWA
Pro Wrestling and the tremendous honor RPW received in
hosting a first round match in the NWA World
Heavyweight Title Tournament. Glamour Boy Shane, one
of the participants in the tournament match, took
exception that an interview regarding the championship
could take place without him being invited. He
promised to advance past the first round match tonight
and prove to the other 15 men in the tournament that
he will wear the title before any of them ever get a
chance to touch it. Footage of this interview will
soon be available online through the NWA.
â€œXXXâ€ Lawrence Tyler pinned â€œMr. 300%â€ Brandon Nitro
to retain the RPW Championship after leveling the #1
contender with the title belt behind the refereeâ€™s
back. Throughout the match,
challenger away, and nearly lost his coveted title to
Nitro several times. His frustration against Nitro
forced him to resort to such tactics to once again
retain his championship. â€œMiracleâ€ Mike James entered
the ring to join
challenger was prevented when Johnny Dynamite ran out
from the locker with a chair in hand. â€œXXXâ€ claimed
this would be Nitroâ€™s only chance at his title, but
Nitro asserted that this was far from over.
â€œBonecrusherâ€ Fred Sampson pinned Glamour Boy Shane in
a first round match in the NWA World Heavyweight Title
Tournament. The crafty veteran Shane controlled much
of the match, but had a hard time putting the young
sensation away. Sampson showed the passion and fire
that the NWA saw when they entered him in the
tournament when he kicked out of the Glamour Boyâ€™s
â€œElbow from Heaven.â€ Sampson soon hit the â€œBonecrusher
Powerslamâ€ to score the biggest victory of his young
career, advancing to the tournament quarterfinals
against Brent Albright.
Rising Phoenix Wrestling returns to action on July 14,
2007 at the
and more information on Rising Phoenix Wrestling and
NWA Pro, please visit www.risingphoenixwrestling.comÂ
NWA Pro Wrestling and Ultra Championship
Friday, June 29
7:00 pm (Doors open at 6:30)
Centro Civico Mexicano
155 South 600 West
Salt Lake City, Utah
Tickets available at SmithsTix, from your UCW-Zero
wrestlers, or at the door the day of the show.
Ticket Prices: General admission $7.00,
Family/Group pass (admits 6) $30.00,
Kids 6 and under $3.00
You may buy reserved front row seats for $15.00 each
by calling 801-699-7977
UCW-Zero Heavyweight Championship Match
Tristan Gallo (champion) vs. Validus
Kaos & Khan Kussion vs. Los Mochi Paco & Guerrero
Derrick Jannetty vs. “Mr. Spectacular” Devan Payne
UCW-Zero Ultra-X Championship Match
Jeff Orcut (champion) vs. UCW-Zero CEO Stevie Slick
Alex Brady vs. Magnus
Radical Ricky vs. Dallas Murdock
Kid Cade vs. Cassidy
Sean Denny Returns! Mike Booth Returns!But is the NWA Big Enough for the Both of them?Â (
Heavyweight Champion: PharaohÂ 1. Lazarus2. Masked Superstar II3. Damian Wayne4. Mike Booth5. Grail6. Stan Lee7.Â Sean Denny8. Rex Sterling9. Horrorshow10. KrotchÂ Tag Team RatingsÂ North American Tag Team Champions: Scotty Blaze & Scotty Rocker
Here are the results from NWA/ECCW’s Seventh Annual Pacific Cup Tournament in front of 225 fans in Vancouver, BC on Saturday, June 16th:
Davey Richards over MR2
Scotty Mac over Azeem the Dream
Kyle O’Reilly over Amazing Halo
Billy Suede over Disco Fury by DQ
Memphis Raines over Sid Sylum
“Tornado” Tony Kozina over El Phantasmo
An impromptu non-tournament NWA Canadian Heavyweight Title Match took place and champion Cole Bishop retained the title over Disco Fury in 5 seconds.
Scotty Mac over Davey Richards – MATCH OF THE NIGHT
Kyle O’Reilly over Memphis Raines
“Tornado” Tony Kozina over Billy Suede
First Round NWA Heavyweight Title Tournament
“American Dragon” Bryan Danielson over “Bomber” Nelson Creed
FINALS OF THE PACIFIC CUP
Kyle O’Reilly over “Tornado” Tony Kozina and Scotty Mac
UPCOMING SHOWSFriday, June 22nd –
NWA ECCW RANKINGSÂ
Â NWA/ECCW Champion:
“Rocket” Randy TylerÂ
1.Â Aaron Idol2.Â Cole Bishop3.Â Bryan Danielson
4.Â Nelson Creed
5.Â Kurt Sterling
NWA CanadianÂ Jr. Heavyweight Champion:
1.Â Kyle O’Reilly
2.Â Disco Fury3.Â Kyle O’Reilly
4.Â Sid Sylum
5.Â Tony Kozina
NWA/ECCW Tag Team Champions:
El Phantasmo & Amazing Halo1.Â Starr & Disco
2.Â Chilltown3. Models Inc.4.Â Bollywood Lions5.Â Davey Richards & Tony KozinaÂ
1. Nikki Matthews
5.Â Rebecca KnoxÂ