7/21 NWA Anarchy Report by Larry Goodman
Last nightâ€™s NWA Anarchy television taping at the NWA Arena in Cornelia, Ga was one of their best ever.
This was pro wrestling as a legitimate art form.
This was one of those rare nights when every segment met or exceeded expectations and it all meshed, and you had a crowd of 191 that was totally immersed in what they were witnessing.
This was gold. Clearly, a lot of thought went into the booking of this show, and it paid handsome dividends. The new storylines and character twists developed beautifully. The execution in the ring was top notch. And the hard work by the entire crew was there as always.
The company has taken things to a new level. The success of Hostile Environment has injected the entire operation with a boost of confidence.
I seriously doubt there is another indie promotion on the planet that could match Anarchy’s quality and professionalisim with Anarchy’s limited resources. And if there’s a better indie TV wrestling show in the US, I need to see it to believe it.
The show opened with the finish of the Chad Parham/Ace Rockwell NWA Anarchy Heavyweight Title match and postmatch interviews on the the WrestleVision screen It was phenomenal footage. The heat was off the hook. It appeared that Rockwell was done for, but he fought off Parhamâ€™s piledriver. Parham taunted him. Again, Parham went for the piledriver, and Rockwell countered with the Aces High to win the title and become the first triple crown winner in NWA Anarchy history. Parham was distraught in defeat. The audio was such that it wasnâ€™t possible to make out what he was saying. Rockwell said Parham was the best wrestler in the locker room, but he had proven that he was the best fighter, and the guy with the most heart.
(1) Kory Chavis (with Jeff G. Bailey & Abomination) defeated Sal Rinauro in 12:18. This was a beautifully constructed match to set up a double turn, and the crowd response was awesome. For the first time in forever, the NWA Elite have taken their focus off of Devilâ€™s Rejects and vice versa. Bailey did mic work glorifying his team. Bailey mentioned he was disappointed that Jeff Lewis didnâ€™t see fit to be there. Bailey pumped up Chavis. â€œHatred is purity and weakness is disease.â€ Rinauro made a serious but babyface-shaded entrance. The crowd was loud and split pretty even. Rinauro used leglocks to force Chavis to the ropes. Rinauro pie-faced him. They traded blows. Chavis got the best of it and connected with a corkscrew dropkick to the mouth. Rinauro kicked out at one. Chavis went on the attack. Rinauro responded by escalating the violence. The crowd got hotter. Chavis converted a Rinauro springboard attempt into the Dark City Bomb for a near fall. â€œThe Soul Assassinâ€ made Rinauro suffer. At 7:20, Rinauro hiptossed Chavis into the turnbuckles for a double down spot. On the comeback, Rinauro hit an enzuirgiri for a two count. Chavis used a Shining Wizard for a near fall. Nice to see that move back in play. They went back and forth with pin attempts. Chavis did a spiral faceplant for a near fall. Rinauro hit the Orton inverted backbreaker, but Bailey put Chavisâ€™ foot over bottom rope. Rinauro spit on Bailey, and Chavis capitalized on the distraction with the Spinesplitta for a great false finish. Rinauro scored with a jawbreaker and a kick in the face. Chavis barely kicked out of it. Moments later, Chavis ended it with the Dark City Street Cutter. Helluva way to start the show. Normally, all the near falls would be overkill for an opener, but it was the only match all night with that type of layout, so it worked just fine.
Following Baileyâ€™s orders, Abomination left Rinauro laying with a Tree Slam from the heavens. The ref crew came out to check on Rinauroâ€™s condition. The crowd popped, as Rinauro slowly struggled to his feet.
Greg Hunter was backstage with NWA Anarchy owner Jerry Palmer discussing the upcoming match between three time former champions Urban Assault Squad and Awesome Attraction for the Anarchy tag team titles. They were interrupted by Hollywood Brunettes, Worldâ€™s Prettiest Tag Team, and Anger Alliance all claiming to be the rightful number one contenders. Palmer halted the bickering by ordering an 8 man tag. Tony Santarelli showed up to ask Palmer about getting a shot. His couldnâ€™t have picked a worse time. â€œYou just donâ€™t get it,â€ said Palmer.
(2) Anger Alliance (Brodie Chase & Brandon Phoenix & Adam Roberts & Don Matthews) beat Worldâ€™s Prettiest Tag Team (Seth Delay & Adrian Hawkins) & Hollywood Brunettes (Andrew Alexander & Kyle Matthews) in 9:56. Brunettes took punishment at the hands of Chase, who was greeted by a chant of â€œoversized Ric Flairâ€ from the bleachers. Worldâ€™s Prettiest were the clear fan favorites. They had things going their way until Delay hit a pescado and suffered a beatdown at the hands of the Alliance. Massive heat ensued. Delay survived a ton of near falls, some with the help of his partners. Delay finally scored with a huracanrana and was straining to make the tag when Alexander clubbed Hawkins. Brunettes beat up Hawkins, while Matthews proceeded to decapitate Delay with The Lariat to score the pinfall.
â€œManager of Superstarsâ€ Al Getz swaggered into the ring to Frank Sinatraâ€™s â€œNew York, New York.â€ Getz said he had brought a real woman to the NWA Arena, a woman that could beat a man 1-2-3. Getz presented famed fitness model and body builder, Melissa Coates. The smart mark section chanted â€œsheâ€™s a man.â€ Getz said his open challenge had been accepted by a man making his NWA Anarchy debut. â€œSee if youâ€™re a bigger man than a woman.â€
(3) Melissa Coates (with Al Getz) beat Wes Grissom in 5:35. Grissom, whose previous Anarchy appearances were in the role of referee, got a great pop. Coates was very effective here. This was probably the best Iâ€™ve seen her offense look. She decimated Grissom with impressive power moves including a sidewalk slam and a standing spinebuster slam. The smart marks switched their chant to â€œAlâ€™s a woman.â€ Just when it looked like he was dead meat, Grissom exploded with a satellite headscissors and a picture perfect running SSP for a near fall. The crowd went nuts for it. Coates recovered and deliver a fierce lariat that sent Grissom into orbit. Truly a bump for the ages. Coates then pinned Grissom with a sitout facebuster and did push ups on his lifeless, little body. Todd Sexton came out to check on Grissom. Mega appreciation from the crowd for Grissomâ€™s efforts.
(4) The NWA Anarchy Tag Team Title match between Awesome Attraction (Austin Creed & Hayden Young) (C) and Urban Assault Squad (Shadow Jackson & Nemesis) ended as a double count out (10:43). Attraction got a good pop but it paled in comparison to the one for UAS, who did a fantastic job of telling the story. Jackson wrestled Young cleanly to a standoff. They bumped knuckles. Nemesis tagged in and immediately started throwing punches. Then, he got on Jackson for not doing the same. Nemesis fired his wicked chops and went down after taking one solid punch from Creed. Nice. UAS got heat on Young. Nemesis dropped him on his head with a high angle back suplex, knocking him for a loop. Jackson went 80s style with a kneedrop and a fist drop. Young rallied with a spinning neckbreaker and made the tag. Creed had Jackson set up for the Montefisto, but Nemesis shoved his partner to safety and ended up taking the blow. Jackson nailed Creed with a lariat, caught Young with a sitout chokeslam, and made the tag. But Nemesis got preoccupied yelling at the ref and took a flatliner from Creed. Nemesis capped of a series of dives to the outside with a mad human missile deal that bowled over the other three. Back inside the ring, Jackson pinned Young with a spinebuster slam, but the ref correctly ruled he wasnâ€™t the legal man. Nemesis lost his cool and got counted out with Creed. A look of disgust flashed across Jacksonâ€™s face. Jackson signaled to Attraction that UAS came within an inch of taking their titles. The crowd still popped for UAS, albeit at a diminished level, as they were obviously disturbed by Nemesisâ€™ actions.
Intermission. The first half had all the makings of a great hour of wrestling television.
(5) Devilâ€™s Rejects (Azrael & Shaun Tempers & Patrick Bentley with Reverend Dan Wilson & Dominous) beat Caleb Konley & Derrick Driver & Steven Walters in 8:27. Prior to the match, Wilson anointed his newest acolyte, Bentley, with the Staff of Righteousness. Rejects started to give Konley a shellacking. Walters and Driver came to the rescue with stereo dropkicks on Tempers and Azrael, and Konley took out Bentley with a back suplex. No pop for them though. Azrael lit Driver up with chops and no sold his weak nuts. Rejects were grinding on Driver bigtime. Bentley drilled Driver with a multitude of crossface blows and stretched his ass. Azrael made a kneeling one foot cover. Tempers hit a gutbuster the likes of which might have Driver on a liquid diet today. Konley stole the hot tag away from Walters. Konley hit the Homewrecker on Azrael but Tempers saved. Walters finally got in the match and quickly went flying over the top. Tempers and Azrael wasted Konley with a brutal double team. Bentley then pinned Walters with the Dark Driver (Canadian Destroyer).
After the match, Slim J came out and told Bentley they werenâ€™t done yet. â€œAll thatâ€™s between us is air and opportunity, Buhhster.â€ J went one on two against Tempers and Azrael. He was holding his own until the odds were just too much. Rockwell hit the ring to save J. But Bentley broke Wilsonâ€™s staff across Rockwellâ€™s knee. Azrael and Tempers left J laying with a sick assisted spike reverse DDT. Palmer and refs came to Rockwellâ€™s aid, a day late and a dollar short. Rockwell was unable to put any weight on the knee as he was being helped him to the back.
Ring announcer Eddie Rich threw it backstage for an update on Rockwellâ€™s condition. Bill Behrens said Rockwell was unavailable because he was being worked on by the trainer. Santarelli showed up again. Behrens read him the riot act. Santarelli said he was just as good as A. J. Styles or Jimmy Rave, so he should get a shot. Behrens told hi to get the hell out of there. Santarelli has camera presence in abundance.
(6) Truitt Fields pinned Jeremy Vain (with Rob Adonis) in 12:08 in a match where Vainâ€™s NWA World Television Title was only on the line for the first 10 minutes. Fields had defeated Adonis at the last taping to get another shot at Vain. Fields was killing Vain with pure power, so he took a TO. While Vain distracted referee Harold James, Adonis leveled Fields with a lariat. Vain took over with Adonis continuing to inject himself into the match. Adonis started giving Vain time calls at the 5 minute mark. Adonis distracted referee Harold James, so Vain could beat Fields up on the floor. Vain countered a backslide with a mule kick to the nutsack. Vain busted out a sweet reverse roll up into a camel clutch. At the 9 minue mark, Fields hit a flying forearm that left both men down. Fields was on fire. He hit a powerslam for a near fall. Adonis interfered to distract Fields, and Vain smoked him with superkick. Fields kicked out the folding press just before the bell. The crowd called for five more minutes. Vain signaled OK as he continued to pound on Fields. This was a bit muddled. The bell never rang for the restart, which flattened the crowd response. Vain hit the VKO and applied a sleeper. Truitt fought up from the bottom and hit the Truitt Slam to score the pin. The crowd popped huge when Eddie Rich announced Fields as the new champion. Then, the bottom dropped out. Rich informed the crowd that the five additional minutes were non-sanctioned, so Vain was free to go merrily on his way with the belt.
(7) Phil Shatter (with Jeff G. Bailey & Abomination) beat Don Juan in 5:22. Bailey noted that this was â€œUniversal Soldierâ€ Shatterâ€™s first Anarchy match since the destruction of Iceberg at Hostile Environment. Bailey made a point of mentioning Lewisâ€™ lack of support again. Hmm. Bailey said it Juan was going to get a dose of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. That was pretty much the size of it. Juan made the long drive from Texas to get the hell beaten out of him and took it like a man. Juan tried to use his quickness, but that just pissed Shatter off. Shatter grounded Juanâ€™s ill-advised aerial maneuvers with a crushing sidewalk slam and a DVD. He kept pulling Juan up at the count of two. Shatter was woozy after absorbing a charging chest bump into the turnbuckles, but that was as close as Juan got to mounting a comeback. Shatter caught Juan with a nasty powerbomb to get the 1-2-3.
(8) Ace Rockwell (with Jerry Palmer) beat Chad Parham to retain the NWA Anarchy Heavyweight Title in 8:10. <B> As if the fans didnâ€™t hate him enough already, Parham came out wearing a Michael Vick jersey. Palmer came to ringside to inform Parham that Rockwellâ€™s knee injury was serious enough that he wasnâ€™t going to allow him to wrestle. Parham threatened legal action. â€œYou signed a contract. Thatâ€™s my championship.â€ Rockwell limped out to the ring. Palmer tried to talk him out of it, but that was a waste of words. Rockwell was fighting on one leg. He did a Thesz Press and backdrop but the knee was killing him. Parham zeroed in with a sadistic attack on the injured knee. He removed Rockwellâ€™s boot and protective wrap to inflict more damage. Parham used a spinning toe hold and a trailer hitch type maneuver. Rockwell was screaming bloody murder. At 5:00, Rockwell managed to pull himself up using the ropes. Parham was all icewater in his veins and cut him down with a chop block. The perfect spot to ensure that the crowd was feeling the pain and hopelessness of the champ’s predicatment. Parham applied a figure four and used the ropes for extra leverage, but ref Brent Wiley caught him. Parham reapplied the hold in the center of the ring. Rockwell was in desperate straits, but somehow made it to the ropes. Parham paused to fully express his miserable. lazy, whiny crybaby attitude. When Parham finally got back down to business, Rockwell kicked him off, sending him chest first into the turnbuckles, and rolled him up on the rebound. The building exploded. Parham was grief-stricken.
Iceberg entered the ring for an ominous confrontation with Rockwell, who was still down like a wounded animal. No physical contact. Iceberg grinned and laughed before leaving the ring.
The second hour was every bit as good as the first. Just a terrific show. It was the first time Iâ€™ve really had fun at a pro wrestling event since the Benoit tragedy.
NOTES: The 8/4 television taping with feature a Mega Rumble to determine the number one contender for the NWA Anarchy Heavyweight Titleâ€¦Hereâ€™s wishing a speedy recovery to Krazy K (Kirby Mack). Mack spent a second night in the hospital after suffering a collapsed lung from a Hotstuff Hernandez Border Toss on the UWF show Friday nightâ€¦ APW has their â€œFreedom Fightâ€ supershow on 7/27 at the Royston Gym with Simon Sermon defending the APW Title against Jackson inside a steel cageâ€¦ MAXW runs the Community Center in Williamston, SC on 7/28 with a show where all titles will be defendedâ€¦GWP returns to Waleska Park on 7/29 with Chavis vs. Buff Bagwell…Rockwell and Young were scheduled to work for Bert Prentice at the Nashville Fairgrounds Friday night but the show was canceled.
NWA ANARCHY TV eps 73 ONLINE NOW
MATCH #1Â JEREMY VAINÂ vsÂ TODD SEXTON
MATCH #2Â CHAD PARHAM INTERVIEW
MATCH #3Â HOLLYWOOD BRUNETTES VS HAWKINS & DELAY
MATCH #4Â ANGER ALLIANCE VIGNETTE
MATCH #5Â ANGER ALLIANCE vs DRIVER, WALTERS, BUCK & JAMESON
MATCH #6Â HAYDEN YOUNGÂ vsÂ CHAD PARHAM
Show is now available in both the standard 352×240 screen size and 720×480 for the “TV effect” with the monitor
CLASSIC NWA WILDSIDE MATCHES NOW ON PPV
NWA Wildside presents Metal Mayhem! Take a trip down memory lane as NWA Wildside brings you some of their most historic and brutal cage matches from their yearly Freedom Fight mega-events! Featuring…
War Games 2001: AJ Styles, Onyx, Air Paris & Mystery Partner vs. Jason Cross, John Phoenix, Adam Jacobs, & Justice managed Jeff G Bailey
Steel Cage Gauntlet for Wildside Heavyweight Title 2002: Adam Jacobs vs. AJ Styles vs. Rick Michaels vs. Rainman vs. David Young vs. Iceberg vs. Scottie Wrenn
War Games 2003: Jeremy V, Jimmy Rave, Onyx, & Hotstuff Hernandez vs. Rainman, Jason Cross, Iceberg, & Justice managed Jeff G Bailey
War Games for the Wildside Tag-Team Titles 2004: Murder 1, Slim J Gabriel, & Altar Boy Luke vs. Todd Sexton, Masada, Rainman, & Azrael managed Jeff G Bailey and a special APPEARANCE by DUSTY RHODES
Approx. Run Time: 2 hours 40 minutes, Format: Windows Media, Screen Size: 480×360
PURCHASE NOW at WWW.THESUPERSTATION.NET
Only $15 for a 30 day pass…………………
www.thesuperstation.net is now offering NWA ANARCHY SEASON’S BEATINGS as a PPV event for only $15 for a 30 day pass
The PPV option now has a 720×480 screen size
NWA ANARCHY SEASONâ€™S BEATINGS
REMEMBER WHEN THEATRE HELEN, GA
TAG TEAM TOURMOIL
ROBERTS & BLACKMAN VS HAWKINS & CARNAGE
TRUITT & SHATTER VS HAWKINS & CARNAGE
TEAM MACHTION VS TRUITT & SHATTER
YOUNG & CREED VS TEAM MACHTION
PHOENIX & CHASE VS YOUNG & CREED
BENTLEY & DELAY VS PHOENIX & CHASE
TV TITLE MATCH
JIMMY RAVE VS ACE ROCKWELL (CHAMPION)
TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH
(JERRY PALMER â€“ SPECIAL REFEREE)
JUSTICE SERVED VS UAS (CHAMPIONS)
JEREMY VAIN VS â€œTHE PHENOMENALâ€ AJ STYLES
HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE MATCH
SAL RINAURO VS SLIM J (CHAMPION)
DEVILS REJECTS W/DAN WILSON VS NWA ELITE W/JEFF G BAILEY
â€œTECHNICAL PERFECTIONâ€ CHAD PARHAM VS â€œTECHNICIONâ€ TODD SEXTONÂ
July 16, 2007
Thereâ€™s nothing like a refreshing vacation in Buffalo, New York and enjoying the cool breezes that blow at night time. Everyone needs to visit the Great Lakes and Niagara Falls. On the news front, NWA Southern Pro announced Chad Parham and Seth Delay for the August 25 show in Tarboro, NC.
WRESTLING: (n.) \â€™res-ling\ A sport of contest in which two individuals face off in unarmed combat.
ANARCHY: (n.) \an-ar-key\ (1) A state of lawlessness due to absence of authority. (2) A complete lack of order.
What happens when you mix the two together? NWA-Anarchy!
– On last weekâ€™s edition of Anarchy TV, Mikki Free bleached Shadow Jacksonâ€™s eye, Phil Shatter went ballistic and dumped Truitt Fields as a tag team partner, Delay played shenanigans long enough with the Brunettes to allow Hawkins to eliminate them to become the #1 contenders to the NWA Anarchy Tag Team Titles.
– John Johnson reflects upon Chad Parham wanting to confront Ace Rockwell, but facing and stealing a victory from Patrick Bentley. This week, Delay & Hawkins take on the Awesome Attraction for the NWA Anarchy Tag Titles and Jeff Lewis challenges Ace Rockwell. The question is: what condition is Jeff G Bailey after receiving a devastating Ground Xero splash?
1. Devilâ€™s Rejects (Azreal & Shaun Tempers) vs. Kris King & Amien Rios
THE MATCH: Dan Wilson joins our favorite broadcasting team to deliver his special blend of evil humor. Wilson insults his handpicked announcer Greg Hunter and the Rejectâ€™s opponents. I was impressed with Rios when he wrestled Sal Rinauro for another promotion that I wonâ€™t mention here and even more impressed with the stiff beating heâ€™s taking tonight. After commercial, King receives the hot tag and eats a dropkick by Azreal. The Rejects concludes the carnage by simultaneously pinning the faces with the Ted Bundy and tigerbomb.
WINNER: The Rejects.
POSTMATCH: Wilson instructs the Rejects to dispose of those disrespectful pukes in the ring. He relishes Baileyâ€™s ultimate humiliation with special thanks to the Ground Xero splash. Wilson promises to kidnap everyone for ransom, including the mayor of Cornelia. Wilson appears to have everything under wraps until Phil Shatter walks out. Shatter might be a fool, but he knows he must go through the Rejects to reach the pinnacle of Anarchy. Wilson accepts the Soldier Boyâ€™s challenge and promises that the â€œBeing of Inconceivable Horrorâ€ will slaughter him.
COMMENTS: Thereâ€™s nothing like a fun squash. With typical Anarchy style booking, Shatter was pushed into a situation where he has opportunity to become a singles star. It is subtle booking like placing emphasis on shooting to become the number one man in Anarchy is what makes for a successful promotion.
– Slim J wonders what Patrick Bentleyâ€™s d**n problem is. Slim claims he has lost a ridiculous amount of matches and asks Bentley what is his problem. Bentley canâ€™t answer Slimâ€™s questions regarding his past. So, Slim brags about his past and found professional wrestling to keep himself out of trouble. Slim lists his accomplishments and challenges Bentley to a match.
2. Slim J vs. Patrick Bentley
THE MATCH: Hunter corrects Johnson that the Rejects squash was the opening contest. After commercial, Bentley ducks a roundhouse and lands an enziguri for a two count. Slim catches Bentley heading to La La Land and executes a huge superplex. After recuperating, Slim connects with a float over half nelson DDT for a near fall. Bentley escapes Anger Management and surprises Slim with a victory roll for the victory.
WINNER: Patrick Bentley.
POSTMATCH: Slim is particularly pissed off that Bentley beat him, so he challenges Bentley to a best of 5 series.
COMMENTS: Bentleyâ€™s character needed an added extra dimension to push him to the next level and Slim J can do it. Ultimately, this is setting up for Bentleyâ€™s heel turn and setting a major feud with Slim. The commercial cut off a portion of the match, but the storyline had its desired effect.
3. NWA Anarchy Tag Team Titles: Awesome Attraction (ch.) (Austin Creed & Hayden Young) vs. Seth Delay & Adrian Hawkins
THE MATCH: Alejandro has an urgent announcement from CNN Headline News: Amelia Earhartâ€™s crashed airplane and body was found in Creedâ€™s afro. Alright, now that would make Austin Creed at least 80 years old. This would most certainly make Gypsy Joe extremely jealous because he would no longer hold the title of oldest living professional wrestler. In all honesty, Creed has no chance in hell of defeating Joe. I mean, how can you beat a 70 year old man who took a baseball bat to the dome from New Jack? Sigh. I guess you really do learn something new everyday. By the way, donâ€™t forget to check out Alejandroâ€™s new myspace page. Speaking of shout outs, one Mr. John Johnson directs his comments to a certain reviewer who used to be employed in Lawrenceville, Virginia. It is my understanding that this man watches Anarchy over at thesuperstation.net. I tell you, thereâ€™s nothing more flattering than having my own ego stroked. After commercial, Delay & Hawkins show total disdain toward Young. Creed receives the hot tag and he displays his pugilistic skills on Delay. Creed nails Delay with the rolling clothesline for a two count. Creed shows off a little too much and Hawkins yanks him down by the â€˜Fro. Delay smashes Creed with a chair while Young argues with the referee. Well, this prompts the Brunettes to attack Young and cause Delay & Hawkins the tag titles. Now that was an interesting turn of events.
WINNER: Awesome Attraction retain via DQ.
COMMENTS: Can anyone say three way dance? Again, this match was more about storylines than actual wrestling. Creed has a great physique and could have a great career with more seasoning. Delayâ€™s hilariously devious antics continue to help his persona grow. Was it me, is Hawkins starting to grow under Delayâ€™s wing?
4. Ace Rockwell vs. Jeff Lewis w/Abomination
THE MATCH: This is the main event, which is between two former NWA Anarchy TV champions. By the way, Johnson still has no idea about the difference between the FAA and the FCC. Rockwell frustrates Lewis early on by pummeling him with fisticuffs and focusing on his left arm. After commercial, Lewis counters a head scissors attempt with an Eddie Gilbert Hot Shot. Lewis follows Rockwell to the floor and rams his back onto the apron. Lewis follows up with a Tully Blanchard slingshot suplex for a two count. Rockwell escapes a belly to belly superplex and almost wins with a cross bodyblock. After trading two counts, they pull a trick out of Marcus Alexander Bagwellâ€™s book, a double cross bodyblock. Rockwell atomic drops and clotheslines Lewis for a near fall. Lewis counters the Aceâ€™s High with the Final Curtain. Lewis makes the cover, but Rockwellâ€™s leg was underneath the bottom rope. Lewis gives Rockwell valuable time to recoup when he argues with referee Harry Jim. Rockwell takes advantage with a spinebuster for a near fall. Lewis goes to the eyes, but Rockwell has other ideas and counters a second Final Curtain with the Aceâ€™s High for the victory.
WINNER: Ace Rockwell.
POSTMATCH: Azreal & Tempers launch a heinous attack on Lewis. They bury his head on the mat. Abomination heads in to make the save and carries Lewis back to the locker room. With the complete devastation that the Reverend has unleashed upon the NWA Elite, you would think that no one could top the Rejects. Well, you certainly forgot about the most chicken nuts not a very nice person in Anarchy, NWA Anarchy Heavyweight Champion Chad Parham. Parham greets Rockwell on his way back to the locker room. Parham gives Rockwell the Red Carpet treatment by unleashing two nasty piledrivers. Parham decides he wants to permanently injure Rockwell. He sets up the ring stares and piledrives Rockwell straight to Hades on them. Rockwell is going to need more than Tylenol 3 for his achy breaky neck.
COMMENTS: Thereâ€™s nothing like having both participants getting their carcasses handed to them after a grueling match. So many objectives were accomplished in this match: (1) Lewis was more worried about Jeff G Baileyâ€™s well being than wrestling, (2) Rockwell earning a clean victory over an established name, (3) continuation of the Rejects annihilation of the NWA Elite and (4) setting for the ultimate showdown between Parham and Rockwell. This was a good TV match where both participants understood their rolls and played them perfectly. The payoff to both feuds will have to be huge considering how much time has been devoted to them.
– OVERALL: This episode continued to build up several major feuds heading into Juneâ€™s big show in Gainesville. Hostile Environment is slowly becoming a canâ€™t miss show for an professional wrestling fan. During the show, it seemed like significant points of the matches were cut off by commercial, but thatâ€™s just what I saw. It took away from the wrestling, but the most of the postmatch drama made up for it.
– DOWNLOAD: http://www.thesuperstation.net/nwaanarchy.html.
NWA WRESTLING LEGENDS FANFEST
Another match just added to the Sunday night wrestling card…
NWA Junior Heavyweight Champion Lightning Mike Quackenbush defends his championship against “Technical Perfection” Chad Parham
In case you needed someone to remind you, we’re three weeks away from this year’s NWA Wrestling Legends Fanfest in Charlotte, North Carolina. Three huge days of fun for wrestling fans of all ages; Friday, Saturday and Sunday, August 10-12, at the Hilton University Place hotel.
The Horsemen Q&A
I’m happy to announce Sunday afternoon’s question-and-answer session will focus on one of the legendary factions in pro wrestling, the Four Horsemen. Our Q&A host Chris Cruise will sit down for a two-hour, no-punches-pulled discussion with original Horsemen Ole Anderson, Tully Blanchard and James J. Dillon, and they’ll be taking questions from fans, as well.
The Featured Guests
In years past, we’ve typically had 30+ featured guests at fanfest weekend, all of whom signed free autographs for fans. This year, that number will be 28, and I’ll tell you why below.
I’ll be honest and tell you all I had intended on our final two guests being The Fabulous Moolah and Mae Young, but that won’t be happening. I’d like to ask each of you to remember “Miss Lillian” (the name I’ve always called Moolah.) She is going through a very difficult time at the moment. Her brother is not doing well and she and her family could definitely use all the prayers we can muster. I spoke with Miss Lillian Wednesday to let her know we’d have her next time, that we all realize family is much more important than wrestling, and she thanked me for that. This is a real special lady that has survived in a male-dominated “sport” for many years. I know she’s tough, and I’m a big fan of her accomplishments. Let’s just please remember her and her family in these tough times.
Please remember our good friend, James J. Dillon. Some of you may know that JJ’s mother passed away earlier this week in Delaware. JJ is a real special friend and is going through a difficult time. Our prayers are with he and his family. Any of you that would like to send email wishes to JJ, you may do so at [email protected] and I’ll be happy to forward them.
King and Queen
There will be two empty seats at fanfest this year. Literally, there will be two empty chairs on our Autograph Stage for the duration of fanfest weekend. These will honor and show our respect for two previous fanfest guests that have passed recently, “The King” Ernie Ladd and “Queen” Sherri Martel.
These two sweet people are sadly missed, and I’m glad we all had a chance to spend some time with them at last year’s fanfest weekend in Maryland. We all know of their tremendous professional accomplishments and, after spending time with them at previous fanfests, we all know how gentle, sweet and kind they both were as humans. It still saddens me to think they’re no longer with us.
We’ll be collecting notes and letters at fanfest that I’ll personally forward to the King’s and Queen’s families. We’ll never forget them.
Even More Guests
Although there won’t be any more featured guests, there are still a few additional “legends” that will be joining us in Charlotte. Some you’ll know. Some may have been around before you were born. It all adds up to a truly remarkable experience we call fanfest weekend.
If you haven’t made plans to be with us yet, please do so today. Fanfest weekend is like no other. Come relive your childhood memories, and make some new ones. All the info is at http://www.NWALegends.com
I hope you guys are looking forward to this as much as I am!
Please make plans now to be with us for 3 HUGE DAYS celebrating wrestling tradition!
This will make a great summer vacation!
NWA Wrestling Legends Fanfest
Friday, Saturday and Sunday, August 10-12, 2007
Hilton University Place Hotel; Charlotte, North Carolina
Tickets on sale now at http://www.NWALegends.com
Discuss pro wrestling tradition at our Fanfest Forum. Meet and get to know many other folks like yourself that share a similar passion for wrestling’s past. Go to http://www.NWALegends.com/fanfestforum
In This Issue:
1. Huge Match Added to NWA Empire Red, White &
Bruised! NWA Reclaiming the Glory: World Heavyweight
Championship Tournament Second Round Match! The
American Dragon in an NWA Empire Ring!
2. Updated Card and Information for NWA Empire Red,
White & Bruised
HUGE MATCH ADDED TO NWA EMPIRE RED, WHITE & BRUISED!
NWA RECLAIMING THE GLORY: WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT
CHAMPIONSHIP SECOND ROUND MATCH! THE AMERICAN DRAGON
IN AN NWA EMPIRE RING
In what can only be described as a major coop for NWA
Empire, owner â€œHellcatâ€ Mike Rosario has secured for
the young fed, which celebrated its first anniversary
this past May, a second round match in the currently
running NWA Reclaiming the Glory: World Heavyweight
Championship Tournament. This match has been added to
NWA Empireâ€™s July show, Red, White & Bruised, which is
being held this coming Saturday evening at St.
Johnsburg Firehall located at 7165 Ward Road (Route
NY-429) in North Tonawanda , New York . Empire fans,
this is absolutely HUGE for NWA Empire, as this match
will garner national and world-wide wrestling media
coverage, pushing the NWA Empire name on a national
and international scale!
So, who is it that you will have the opportunity of
seeing in the second round match of the NWA Reclaiming
the Glory: World Heavyweight Championship Tournament
this Saturday at Red, White & Bruised? Hold on to
your hats, fans! THE AMERICAN DRAGON HIMSELF WILL BE
IN THE HOUSE AT NWA EMPIRE RED, WHITE & BRUISED.
Yes, you read that right, one of the top indy
wrestlers in the world today, former Ring of Honor
World Heavyweight Champion â€œAmerican Dragonâ€ Bryan
Danielson will be competing in a second round match in
the NWA World Heavyweight Championship Tournament this
Saturday at NWA Empireâ€™s Red, White, & Bruised. The
match will actually be the finals of the tournamentâ€™s
Jack Brisco Bracket, and Danielsonâ€™s opponent in the
match is definitely no slouch! Danielson, the Jack
Brisco Bracketâ€™s top seed, will be squaring off with
UK wrestling star, and two times NWA British
Commonwealth Heavyweight Champion, Fergal Devitt, who
is flying in from his native Ireland for this match.
Bryan Danielson has been one of the top stars in indy
wrestling almost since his 1999 debut, and has
competed in numerous indy promotions, holding a number
of different championships over the course of his
career. He is a standout star in the highly acclaimed
Philadelphia-based Ring of Honor (ROH) promotion,
where he is currently locked in a feud with ROH World
Heavyweight Champion Takeshi Morishima. Bryan is a
former ROH World Heavyweight Champion himself, having
won the belt in September 2005 from former WWE star
James (Jamie Noble) Gibson, and held the belt for 15
months before losing it to Homicide in December 2006.
Following is a list of some of the championships that
Bryan Danielson has held:
– All Star Wrestling World Heavy-Middleweight
– East Coast Wrestling Association Tag Team
Championship (with Low-Ki (Senshi))
– Full Impact Pro Heavyweight Championship
– Memphis Championship Wrestling Heavyweight
– Memphis Championship Wrestling Southern Tag-Team
Championship (with Spanky (Brian Kendrick))
– NWA Canadian Junior Heavyweight Championship
– NWA Southern Junior Heavyweight Championship
– New Japan Pro Wrestling International Wrestling
Grand Prix (IWGP) Tag Team Championship (with Curry
Man (Christopher Daniels))
– Ring of Honor World Heavyweight Championship
– Ring of Honor Pure Heavyweight Championship
– Texas Wrestling Association Tag Team Championship
Fergal Devitt may not possess quite the impressive
list of championships held that his opponent Bryan
Danielson does, but he is nonetheless considered to be
a top-level competitor in NWA wrestling circles. A
native of Ireland , Devitt has been wrestling
professionally for seven years and competes mainly in
two UK promotions, NWA UK Hammerlock Wrestling and NWA
Ireland, the later of which he co-founded in 2002.
Devitt has held the NWA British Commonwealth
Heavyweight Championship on two different occasions,
and has made several tours of Japan for prestigious
New Japan Pro Wrestling over the past three years. In
2005 Fergal was invited to train at New Japanâ€™s Los
Angeles training facility, and after impressing the
right people there he moved on to New Japanâ€™s main
training facility in Japan. He graduated from their
Japan training facility in 2006, becoming the first
foreign wrestler in many years to graduate from New
Japanâ€™s facility in Japan .
Brian Danielson and Fergal Devitt have been competing
in the Jack Brisco Bracket of the NWA Reclaiming the
Glory: World Heavyweight Championship Tournament.
Danielson defeated Nelson Creed in the first round
while Devitt defeated Mikey Nicholls. The winner of
the match between Danielson and Devitt at NWA Empireâ€™s
Red, White & Bruised will be the Jack Brisco Bracket
winner, and will move on to the third round of the
tournament, facing the winner of the tournamentâ€™s
Harley Race Bracket, â€œScrap Ironâ€ Adam Pierce.
Plan to be at NWA Empireâ€™s Red, White & Bruised for
the rare opportunity to see not only two world-class
wrestlers in competition, but to also be a part of
wrestling history as â€œAmerican Dragonâ€ Bryan Danielson
and Fergal Devitt strive to advance in the tournament
to crown a new NWA World Heavyweight Champion.
UPDATED CARD AND INFORMATION FOR NWA EMPIRE RED, WHITE
Kayfabe Dojo Wrestling Inc., in sanction with the
National Wrestling Alliance, presents:
NWA EMPIRE RED, WHITE, & BRUISED
Date: Saturday July 21st, 2007
Place: St. Johnsburg Fire Hall – 7165 Ward Road,
North Tonawanda, NY
Time: Doors Open at 5:30 PM Pre-show: 6:00 PM
Main Show: 6:30 PM
Admission: Pre-sale $10 – Adults (day of the show)
$12 – Kids (9 and under) $5
For pre-sale ticket information, call 585-621-4293
*****MAIN EVENT â€“ THE BIGGEST MATCH IN NWA EMPIRE
THE NATIONAL WRESTLING ALLIANCE PRESENTS:
RECLAIMING THE GLORY: THE WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT
ROUND TWO MATCH, AND THE JACK BRISCO BRACKET FINALS*
â€œAmerican Dragonâ€ Bryan Danielson vs Fergal Devitt
*The winner of this match will take on the winner of
the Harley Race Bracket in the third round the
tournament, being either â€œScrap Ironâ€ Adam Pierce or
NWA EMPIRE HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE MATCH
Pepper Parks (C) vs. Gabe Saint
NWA EMPIRE TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS RHYTHM & BOOZE WILL BE
IN SINGLES ACTION AGAINST THEIR TOP CHALLENGERS THE
R&Bâ€™s Buddy Delmar (Rhythm) vs The Roadies â€œDiamondâ€
R&Bâ€™s Frank the Tank (Booze) vs The Roadies Sammy
FOUR-WAY TAG TEAM TURMOIL
The reunited Final Solution (â€œExceptional Iconâ€ Eric
Everlast & Ron Falco) vs. Wrestling Inc. (Brandon
Thurston & James Santelli) vs. The Kovac Brothers
(Matt & Michael) vs. The McCloud Brothers (Evan &
JONNY PUMA HAS SOMETHING TO SAY
NWA Empireâ€™s favorite son Jonny Puma has asked for
some time at Red, White & Bruised to address the fans.
What will he have to say? Youâ€™ll want to be there to
Plus the NWA Empire debut of STARGAZER, and much, much
To keep informed of all the latest news and happenings
in NWA Empire, check the fedâ€™s official website at
To keep informed of all the latest news and happenings
in NWA Upstate, the sister fed of NWA Empire which
operates out of Rochester, New York, check the fedâ€™s
official website at http://nwaupny.com.
To join in discussions on the happenings in both NWA
Empire and NWA Upstate, join the official message
board of both feds by going to
Rankings for NWA Wisconsin affiliate ICW as of July
ICW HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION:Brody Hoofer Won on (6/1/07)
ICW MIDWEST CHAMPION:Mickey Mccoy Won on (7/13/07)
ICW CRUISERWEIGHT CHAMPION: Justin Dredd (7/13/07)
ICW TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS: Keepin It Gangsta (TC
Washington & Chris Black) (6/1/07)
ICW HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE RANKINGS: TOP 5
#1 Skull Krusher
#2 Esteban Molina
#4 Justin Dredd
#5 Colt Cabana
ICW MIDWEST TITLE RANKINGS: TOP 5
#1 Justin Dredd
#2 Jason Dukes
#3 TC Washington
#4 Arya Daivari
#5 Necro Butcher
ICW CRUISERWEIGHT TITLE RANKINGS: TOP 5
#1 Jason Hades
#2 Super Mario
#3 Chriz Black
#4 Jared Johnsonville
#5 Jerry Lynn
ICW Tag Team Rankings
#1 Fire and Rice
#2 Dysfunction and Arya Daivari
#3 Jared Johnsonville and Rock Shaun
#4 Naptown Dragons
#5 Mark Priebe and Chase Mccoy
#1 Contender for the Heavyweight Title:The Skull
#1 Contender for The Midwest Title: Justin Dredd
#1 Contender for the Cruiserweight Championship:Jason
#1 Contender for the Tag Team Titles:”Fire and Rice”
Mase Morgan and Kody Rice
ICW Wrestler of the month July: Best In The Midwest
Winner “Simply Amazing” Justin Dredd
Oct 27TH INSANE 8 Hardcore Tournament in Milwaukee!!!
INSANE CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING will return to the The
Sports Connection located at 3000 S 13th Street in
Milwaukee, WI. (13th & Manitoba, 1 block north of
Oklahoma Ave) Bell time is 7:30pm Doors open at 7pm.
Tickets are only $15 dollars for ringside $12 for G.A
$5 for kids 12 and under and are available by emailing
Insane 8 Tournament
The 2nd annual hardcore tournament will feature 8 of
the top guys trying to win The Heavyweight and Midwest
Title Shot Anytime in 07-08
Justin Dredd, Dysfunction, Esteban Molina, Derek St
Holmes, Drake Younger, Vortekz, Hardcore Craig and
1st round stipulations will be
Drake Younger Vs Mickey Mccoy
Esteban Molina Vs Vortekz
Justin Dredd Vs Derek St Holmes
DysFunction Vs Hardcore Craig
4 corners of pain
Will feature 2 Fans Bring The weapons matches
The Main Event will be a Tables,Ladders and Tacks
INSANE CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING Will return to the The
Sports Connection located at 3000 S 13th Street in
Milwaukee, WI. (13th & Manitoba, 1 block north of
Oklahoma Ave) Bell time is 7:30pm Doors open at 7pm.
Tickets are only $15 dollars for ringside $12 for G.A
$5 for kids 12 and under and are available by emailing
The Skull Krusher Vs “Big Daddy” Brody Hoofer
FALLS COUNT ANYWHERE!!! ICW Heavyweight Title Match
DysFunction, Arya Daivari and Silas Young
Esteban Molina,Tony Rican and Mickey Mccoy
NWA:WI Heavyweight and Tag Titles on the line!
Keepin It Gangsta (TC Washington & Chriz Black) Vs
Fire and Rice (Mase Morgan and Kody Rice)
ICW Tag Team Title Match
‘Simply Amazing” Justin Dredd Vs Jason Hades
ICW Cruiserweight Title
“Depressed” Steve Stone Vs Super Mario
Jason Dukes Vs”6% Body Fat” Rob James
Jared JohnsonVille and Rock Shaun w/ Scary Cari Lynn
Vs Chase Mccoy and Mark Priebe
Jayson Cash Vs The Ninja and ‘I hate Everyone” Scotty
2 on 1 Handicap match
2nd Annual Le Royal w/Cheese Winner gets a title shot
ICW is presented under the authority of wrestling’s
oldest governing body –
the NWA, “The National Wrestling Alliance
Stars and Stripes
July 21, 2007
ACW Tag Team Titles:
ACW’s The Dream Police Def. ICW’s Jared Johnsonville
and Chris Mason
ACW X Division Title:
Justin Dredd Def. Jerry Stylz
Dysfunction Def. Mark Priebe
“Cadillac” Nick Collucci Def. Jason Riley
Tejas Def. Chase McCoy and Estaban Moleina in a triple
Mickey McCoy & Brandon Madrox vs. Kody Rice and Tony
Mega not sure who won there.. wasnt around
Roster wide battle royal to determine who will face
Jay Ryan for the NWA Midwest Championship at Tanners
bar on august fourth
Won by :”Cadillac” Nick Collucci
Saturday 7-21 evening’s NWA/ECCW show from Vancouver, BC in front of 150 fans:
Superfly Dan over Ravenous Randy
Fast Freddy Funk over Marty Sugar
Disco Fury over Volcano
Nikki Matthews over Christie Summers
Cremator & Abbadon over DK Roc & Azeem the Dream
Kyle O’Reilly over Billy Suede – Match of the Night
Kyle O’Reilly over Ice
– Kyle becomes the new NWA Canadian Jr Heavyweight Champion at the end of his second match of the night
Sid Sylum over “Tornado” Tony Kozina
Aaron Idol over Mikey DaSheezits
– Idol remains NWA/ECCW Champion
Davey Richards over Scotty Mac
Friday, July 27th – Surrey, BC – Six Man Street Fight
Saturday, July 28th – Port Alice, BC
Saturday, August 18th – North Vancouver, BC – Bryan Danielson vs Adam Pearce – Semi Finals of the NWA Heavyweight Tournament
OPERATION PHOENIX QUICK RESULTS
July 21, 2007
San Bernardino, CA
Ryan Taylor defeated Espiritu Infernal by submission
Tristan Gallo & Khan Kushion defeated Dallas Murdoch &
Cassidy with Stevie Slick
Cotton Candy defeated Kitana Vera
Aggravated Assault defeated Country Bear & Angelas
EWF Cruiserweight Champion Markus Riot defeated Hook
Bomberry to retain his title
Bino Gambino defeated “Marvelous” Max Martin
Sonny Samson defeated “Tough” Tony Raze
Bonzai & Vizzion defeated Featured Attraction
EWF Heavyweight Champion Dan “The Man” Kobrick
defeated “Mr 300%” Brandon Nitro
NWA Mountain State
7/7/2007 NWA MSW TV
TAG TITLE MATCH- BUNKHOUSE BOYS DEF SEAN O’SULLIVAN &
DERIK BILLINGS DEF STEVE RAMSEY
TONY RICHARDSON DEF RICKY SHANE
TV TITLE MATCH- MAESTRO (DQ) DR. ROGER HAMM (KEPT THE
FLAG MATCH- MICHAEL COOK DEF DIABLO JR.
7/13/2007 GHENT WV
JAZZ E DEF STEVE RAMSEY
KRIS KING & BILLY LIT DEF DIABLO JR & JOHNNY BLAST
DEVIN DAVIS DEF TOTAL ECLIPSE
NWA MSW TAG TEAM TITLE- BUNKHOUSE BOYS DEF RICKY SHANE
& MICHAEL COOK
7/14/2007 MT. HOPE WV
BILLY LIT DEF STEVE RAMSEY
DIABLO JR DEF DEVIN DAVIS
NWA MSW TAG TITLE MATCH- BUNKHOUSE BOYS DEF DERIK
BILLINGS & RICKY SHANE
MICHAEL COOK DEF JASON KINCAID
NWA MSW HVYWT TITLE- LUMBER JACK MATCH- FRANK PARKER
DEF JOHNNY BLAST
7/14/2007 NWA MSW TV
BILLY LIT DEF JASON KINCAID
FRANK PARKER DEF STEVE RAMSEY
TONY RICHARDSON DEF SEAN O’SULLIVAN
TAG TITLE MATCH- BUNKHOUSE BOYS DEF RICKY SHANE &
LUMBER JACK MATCH- MAESTRO DEF JOHNNY BLAST (SUB
President, Show Business, Inc
PO Box 941787
Atlanta, GA 31141