BRISCO: The Life and Times of National Collegiate and World Heavyweight Wrestling Champion JACK BRISCO
This is the second edition of “BRISCO: The Life and Times of National Collegiate and World Heavyweight Wrestling Champion JACK BRISCO.” It includes updated information, more than 230 photos pertaining to Jack’s career, and is a testament to the life and times of a great man who lived life with humility and class.
Jack tells about:
• His entry into pro wrestling
• Getting paid $12.50 for a match early in his career
• Having to put over Dory Funk Jr. as an amateur great
• Being chewed out by Joe Scarpa after a match in Jacksonville
• The promoter he considers to be the “worst payoff man” of all time
• The road to winning the world heavyweight title
• Being ribbed by the boys when he was scheduled to wrestle Bob Backlund
• The story behind dropping the world title to Giant Baba
• “Wrestling” the Sheik and other gimmick wrestlers
• His disagreement with Jim Barnett
• Selling the Georgia territory to Vince McMahon
• Why he quit the business.