- Southeast United States Junior Heavyweight title;
- WWF Women’s Title (as Hervina) in a a Lumberjill Snowbunny match (January 31, 2000);
Wrestlers who Downtown Bruno / Harvey Wippleman Managed:
Lord Humongous (Sid)
Big Bill Tabb
Sgt. Major Gary Lang
Brad & Bart Batten
The Kelly Twins
The Masked Marauder
Eli the Eliminator
Jack the Stretcher Hart
The Louisana Assassins
Carl Fergie Cactus Jack
The Harris Brothers
Big Bully Busick
Wrestlers Who Won Championships Under the Guidance of Downtown Bruno aka Harvey Wippleman
- Bertha Faye (World Wrestling Federation Women’s Title);
- Jim Ryder (ICW Louisiana Heavyweight Title);
- Lou Fabiano (Arizona Heavyweight Title in Steve Gatorwolf’s promotion);
- The Stud Stable (CWF Tag Team Titles and USWA Tag Team titles);
- Baldo (Power Pro Heavyweight Title);
- Don Bass (AWA Southern Heavyweight Title);
- Gary Young & Cactus Jack (CWA Tag Team Titles);
- Pat Tanaka & Paul Diamond (CWA Tag Team Titles);
- The Moondogs (CWA Tag Team Titles);
- The Kelly Twins (CWA Tag Team Titles);
- Tony Falk (CWA Mid America Heavyweight Title);
- The Batten Twins (Central States Tag Team Titles);
- Earthquake Ferris (Central States Heavyweight Title);
- Eddie Gilbert (USWA Heavyweight Title and USWA Tag Team Titles);
- Doug Gilbert (USWA Heavyweight Title and USWA Tag Team Titles);
- Brian Lee (USWA Heavyweight Title and USWA Tag Team Titles);
- Tony Anthony (USWA Heavyweight Title and USWA Tag Team Titles);
- Lord Humungous (CWF Heavyweight Title and CWF Southeastern Heavyweight Title);
- Alan Steele (AAW Heavyweight Title);
In The Beginning:
- Bruno Lauer got his start in the wrestling business at the age of 14 as a ring apprentice in Mississippi..
- Bruno Lauer got an active role on shows in Pennsylvania as “Leonard Spazzinsky” (named by Geeto Mongol)..
- Bruno Lauer became a part of the act in many Southern territories as a manager known as “Downtown Bruno”..
- Downtown Bruno managed, refereed, and worked as office personel for many different Southern promotions…..
- ~~~Such as Jarrett promotions, Power Pro Wrestling, USWA, and Memphis Championship Wrestling to name a few..In between his debut in 1979 and his 1989 debut with the WWF (at the time), Bruno managed, refereed, and worked as office personel for many different promotions….. Jarrett promotions, Power Pro Wrestling, USWA, and Memphis Championship Wrestling (all in the Memphis territory; my home base) — IWF & ICWF (Louisiana and eastern Texas), Bob Geigel’s NWA/Central States in the Kansas City area, the Maivia promotion in Hawaii, NWA Michigan, CCW and CWF in Alabama/Florida panhandle, Ozark Mountain Wrestling in Missouri & Arkansas, Arkansas All Star Wrestling and Razorback All Star Wrestling in, obviously, Arkansas, and many indy shots over the years in California, Pennsylvania, Ohio, New York, Alabama, Canada, Arkansas, Mississippi, and Georgia….
World Wrestling Federation/Entertainment:
- 1989: Bruno Lauer signed on with the World Wrestling Federation and became known as Harvey Wippleman..
- Harvey Wippleman managed wrestlers such as Adam Bomb, Giant Gonzales, Big Bully Busick and others in the WWF..
- January 11, 1993–RAW: Kimchee & Harvey Wippleman were abusing Kamala when Slick came to his rescue..
- ~~~Kim Chee (Steve Lombardi) knocked down Slick and Kamala recognized what was going on and sided with Slick.
- Harvey Wippleman also managed former Women’s Champion Bertha Faye, who was Harvey’s trailer park love interest..
- Harvey Wippleman briefly became a referee in the WWF, but did not last long as he was stuck in his old character..
- Harvey Wippleman dressed in drag and went by “Harvina” to capture the WWF Women’s title from The Kat..
- Harvey Wippleman is now a veteran backstage coordinator with World Wrestling Entertainment..
- August 6-7, 1990–USWA: Cowabunga and Ken Wayne defeated Downtown Bruno and Jeff Gaylord.
- September 10, 18, 1990–USWA: Frank Morrell defeated Downtown Bruno.
- September 29, 1990–USWA: Danny Davis, Jeff Gaylord and Jeff Jarrett defeated Brian Lee, Don Harris and Downtown Bruno.
- October 15, 1990–USWA: Bill Dundee defeated Downtown Bruno and Sam Lowe in a handicap match.
- November 6, 1990–USWA: Bill Dundee and Chris Champion defeated Downtown Bruno, Samurai and Sheik Hussein in a handicap match.
- November 19, 1990–USWA: Jamie Dundee defeated Downtown Bruno. Downtown Bruno also wins a manager battle royal.
- November 27, 1990–USWA: Downtown Bruno defeated Jamie Dundee. Bill Dundee, Eddie Marlin, Jeff Jarrett and Jerry Lawler defeated Doug Gilbert, Downtown Bruno, Joseph Magliano and Tony Anthony.
- March 4, 1991–USWA: Cody Michaels defeated Uptown Bruno.
- March 11, 18, 1991–USWA: JC Ice defeated Uptown Bruno.
- March 25, 1991–USWA: Uptown Bruno defeated JC Ice.
- April 1, 1991–USWA: Uptown Bruno defeated JC Ice.
- April 8, 1991–USWA: C Ice and Steve Austin defeated Bill Dundee and Uptown Bruno.
- April 15, 22, 1991–USWA: JC Ice defeated Uptown Bruno.
- May 13, 1991–USWA: Miss Texas defeated Uptown Bruno.
- November 16, 1992–USWA: Downtown Bruno defeated Bert Prentice by disqualification.
- February 8, 1993–USWA: Downtown Bruno vs. Howard Finkel ended in a no contest.
- November 15, 20, 1993–USWA: Downtown Bruno defeated Richard Lee.
- January 9, 1995–RAW: Howard Finkel defeated Harvey Wippleman in a Tuxedo match.
- May 8, 1995–USWA: Koko B. Ware and Miss Texas defeated Downtown Bruno and Uptown Karen by disqualification.
- May 21, 1995–Wrestling Challenge: Howard Finkel defeated Harvey Wippleman in a dark match.
- May 22, 1995–USWA: Miss Texas defeated Downtown Bruno in a looser eats dog food match.
- May 29, 1995–USWA: Downtown Bruno and Uptown Karen defeated Miss Texas in a handicap match.
- September 11, 1995–USWA: Miss Texas defeated Downtown Bruno and Uptown Karen in a handicap match.
- October 30, 1995–USWA: Freddie defeated Downtown Bruno.
- December 27, 1995–USWA: Miss Texas defeated Downtown Bruno.
- January 3, 1996–USWA: Scott Bowden defeated Downtown Bruno.
- January 10, 1996–USWA: Downtown Bruno defeated Scott Bowden.
- January 15, 1996–USWA: Downtown Bruno and Miss Texas defeated Scott Bowden and Tasha Simone.
- February 3, 1996–USWA: Downtown Bruno defeated Scott Bowden.
- October 5, 1996–NAASW: Bert Prentice defeated Harvey Wippleman. Harvey Wippleman also won a battle royal.
- March 22, 1997–USWA: Downtown Bruno defeated Queen Nikki.
- March 29, 1997–USWA: King Reginald and Queenie defeated Downtown Bruno and Jerry Lawler.
- February 27, 1999–PPW Memphis TV: Brandon Baxter defeated Bruno Lauer.
- March 20, 1999–PPW Memphis TV: Cory Macklin and Dave Brown defeated Bruno Lauer and Randy Hales.
- April 2, 1999–PPW: Baldo, Brandon Baxter, Cory Macklin and Michael Hayes defeated Bruno Lauer, Glen Kulka, Randy Hales and Vic Grimes.
- January 31, 2000–RAW is WAR: Hervina defeated The Kat in a lumberjill snow bunny match to win the women’s title.
- February 3, 2000–SmackDown: Jacqueline defeated Harvey Wippleman to win the women’s title.
- October 1, 2000–House Show: Ivory defeated Harvey Wippleman.
- Harvey Wippleman has been employed with Vince McMahon’s WWE for the last 18 years (since 1989)..
- November 9, 2006–NWA Mid Southern Wrestling: Downtown Bruno was the special guest referee for the main event..
- Downtown Bruno often works as senior official for Ken Wayne’s New Experience Wrestling in West Memphis, Arkansas..
- ~~~The matches are aired currently on “Nightmare” Ken Wayne’s official web-site, which is www.nightmarekenwayne.com
- 2009: The rasslinriot.com web-site voted Downtown Bruno the “2008 Referee of the Year” for the Mid-South area..
- 2009: Harvey Wippleman was named one of the top 25 Managers of all-time by World Wrestling Entertainment’s WWE.com..
- November 15, 2010–Old School RAW: Ezekiel Jackson defeated The Brooklyn Brawler w/Harvey Wippleman..
- 2010: The rasslinriot.com web-site voted Downtown Bruno the “2009 Referee of the Year” for the Mid-South area..
- January 22, 2018 – RAW: The Boogeyman was part of a backstage segment with Kurt Angle, The Brooklyn Brawler, Harvey, Teddy Long, The Coach & Brother Love.
Brad Dykens wrote: Bruno Lauer was born on 10/27/65 and made his professional wrestling debut in 1979. He now lives in Walls, Mississippi. Somehow, a proliferation of web sites have mistakenly stated that his real name is David Lauer, which is blatantly untrue. He was born BRUNO LAUER, no middle initial, and that’s his name.