1. “The Viking Warrior” Kraig Keesaman def. “The Right Price” Aaron Masterson to retain the 3XW Pure Wrestling Championship.
2. Malia Hosaka def. Claudia Del Solis.
3. Mark Sterling def. Gage Octane by DQ
4. “The Unbreakable” Zach Thompson def. Mike Sydal..
5. “The Rebel” Jeremy Wyatt Wyatt def. “The Rockstar” Jimmy Rockwell to retain the 3XW Heavyweight Championship..
6. Rory Fox won the Gauntlet for the Gold battle royal
Click through for DETAILED RESULTS!
Des Moines Social Club
1408 Locust St
Des Moines, IA
Thanks to the awesome crowd that packed the Des Moines Social Club for this excellent show!
1. 3XW Pure Wrestling champion “The Viking Warrior” Kraig Keesaman successfully defended the title over “The Right Price” Aaron Masterson after drilling him with the Nordic Spike in 8:48. Keesaman has now not been pinned or submitted in 23 months of competition.
Following the match, Hunter Matthews came out and addressed the crowd and Masterson, talking about losing to Masterson at Spring Showdown and talked about how ashamed his mother his of his actions is of late. He then proceeded to vicious assault Masterson with a brutal Piledriver. Due to the injuries Masterson sustained from the beatings at the hands of Matthews and Keesaman, he was unable to compete in the Gauntlet for the Gold later in the evening.
2. Malia Hosaka defeated Claudia Del Solis after an impressive facebuster in 11:36. Solis, an impressive newcomer to 3XW that won over the crowd, was accompanied at ringside by members of the Mid Iowa Rollers roller derby team, who have bouts on May 15th and May 22nd at Hy-Vee Hall. Visit http://www.midiowarollers.com for more details.
3. Mark Sterling beat Gage Octane by DQ in a wild match in 14:34 that saw Brian Ash and “Delicious” Devin Carter of the Gentlemen’s Club jump Sterling, only for Sterling to be saved by the Horndogs (Maddog McDowell and Krotch), which allowed Sterling to spear Octane and almost apply the Markshooter to Octane following the match. Luckily for Octane, his teammates outside the ring were able to pull him out of the hold. Sterling challenged all four members of the Gentlemen’s Club to an 8-man tag team match against Sterling, McDowell, Krotch and a partner to be announced at Downtown Destruction on June 4.
4. “The Unbreakable” Zach Thompson defeated his High Flyers’ partner Mike Sydal following a Dublin Driver in a very emotional and hard fought “Loser Leaves 3XWrestling” match set up by 3XW Commissioner Todd Countryman in 14:41. Following the match, both men shook hands and embraced in the ring while “American Pie” by Don McLean played over the speakers and the fans gave Sydal a standing ovation. Sydal walk around ringside after the match and shook hands with many of fans in the crowd.
5. 3XW Heavyweight champion “The Rebel” Jeremy Wyatt successfully defended his title over 3XW Cruiserweight champion “The Rockstar” Jimmy Rockwell following a Cropduster DDT in a tremendous championship match in 25:34. Rockwell earned many nearfalls over the champ, leaving fans on the edge of their seats. The end of the match saw Wyatt laying on the mat and Rockwell going up to the top rope for his patented Rock On Bomb. 3XW Pure Wrestling champion Kraig Keesaman, who attacked Rockwell last month, stood at the top of the entrance ramp and distracted Rockwell while he was standing on the tunrbuckle. When Rockwell went for the move, Wyatt had recovered enough to roll out of the way before spiking Rockwell with the Cropduster DDT for the win.
6. Fifth Annual 25-Man Gauntlet for the Gold Battle Royal – Entrant No. 13 Rory Fox won the battle royal and a future 3XW Heavyweight championship match in 30:45 after eliminating Maddog McDowell and Brian Ash (entrants No. 1 and 2) last to win the match.
– Tyler Cook made his return to 3XW as the final entrant (No. 25) and eliminated heavy-favorite Kraig Keesaman, who was distracted by Jimmy Rockwell on the outside of the ring.
– “The Laotian Sensation” Ricky Kwong (No. 10) was accompanied to the ring by his manager “The Laotian Liaison” Chad Mylan. Kwong put in a very impressive performance, eliminating the second-most competitors at three behind Rory Fox’s four. Every time Kwong eliminated an opponent, Mylan gleefully grabbed the microphone and proudly announced that Kwong had eliminated another opponent. Kwong’s run was finally ended when Fox threw him over the top rope, causing Mylan to go irate. The only competitors in the battle longer than Kwong were Maddog McDowell, Brian Ash and Devin Carter (No. 3). Mylan also introduced his new Mylan Management Agency (MMA). More details on the next episode of Outside the Ring.
– Fox also eliminated Gage Octane, who once again reached the final five of the Gauntlet for the Gold. Every year that Octane has competed, he’s reached the final five competitors, but he’s never won.
– The Gentlemen’s Club and Sterling/Maddog McDowell/Krotch, opponents next month in the 8-man tag, targeted each other throughout the match. Ash violently eliminated Krotch, punching him in the face when Krotch tried to springboard back into the ring. Sterling eliminated Carter, last year’s winner. Brian Ash eliminated Mark Sterling as Sterling was battling with Octane.
– Sexy and Smooth (Ryan Slade and A.J. Smooth) were eliminated by Jon West and Sir Bradley Charles. Sexy and Smooth have already challenged West and Charles to a tag team match on June 4 at Downtown Destruction.
– Former ring announcer KL Snow – the only ring announcer to ever lose a “Loser Leaves Town” stipulation – attempted to sneak his way into the battle royal and regain employment in 3XW, only to be quickly pushed aside upon entrance by the debuting Hamlet Azul (a masked European luchador and figure skating enthusiast) and directed backstage by 3XW officials.
– Other masked competitors included the Rebelucha (a confederate luchador), Ski Mask Malloy (martial arts master from the Ozarks), The Yellow Dog (eliminated by Ash after Ash threw Dog’s toy over the top rope and he jump over the rope to fetch it), and Disco Diablo En Fuego (a demonic dancing luchador).
– Besides the ones mentioned above, other returns and debuts included Jaysin Strife, David Clark, and Sparrow.
– 3XW will hold wrestling outside all afternoon and into the evening on Saturday, May 15th as part of the Des Moines Social Club’s annual Subjective Circus event. Lots of other entertainment as well, including live music and special events/games for the kids. Come join us to see lots of matches. http://www.desmoinessocialclub.org