Check out the Von Erich’s WWE Alumni profile here!
In The Beginning:
- Chris von Erich was last of five sons of Jack Adkisson to turn pro in the wrestling business..
- Chris von Erich had asthma and was disheartened to know that he’d never be the athlete his famous brothers were.
- Chris von Erich idolized his older brother Mike von Erichand did everything that Mike wanted him to do.
Getting into the Wrestling Business:
- A young Chris von Erich would often get involved and may be remembered most for whacking Michael Hayes with a chair!
- Chris von Erich had to take a form of steroids that stunted his grown and caused his bones to become brittle..
- ~~~So brittle, in fact, that he broke his arm clean just landing in the ring one time…
The Death of Chris von Erich:
- September 12, 1991: Chris von Erich committed suicide by shooting himself when he was only 21.
- March 20, 2009–SmackDown!: The WWE announced that the von Erich Family would be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame..
- April 4, 2009–WWE Hall of Fame: The von Erich Family was officially inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame by Michael Hayes..
- April 5, 2009–WrestleMania 25: The entire WWE Hall of Fame Class of 2009 was introduced to the live crowd as a tribute..