Arda Ocal of theScore Television Network and the Baltimore Sun recently spoke with WWE Superstar Kofi Kingston. Here are some of the highlights:
- Talking about RAW’s 20 anniversary episode, how special it will be being a part and how special it was being a part of RAW 1000, and being a fan as a kid watching RAW #1
- How his Jamaican character came about and how he was able to keep the same character through the indies and in WWE, even keeping his legit first name
- ” I trained up in Boston. At the time, the rumor was, ‘if you want to get signed by WWE you have to be a character, they are looking for characters right now.’ I didn’t really know what that meant at the time, then one of the guys, (ROH referee) Todd Sinclair said to come up with a name and character otherwise I’d get stuck with a silly name…. (story continues in video)”
- The story of how he “lost his Jamaican accent” on RAW
- Addressing the fact that he has only had to title matches on PPV involving the WWE title or World Heavyweight championship – admitting that he wants to be a World champion
- Last year’s “Royal Rumble dodge” and how soon before the Rumble he plans a spot like that
- Will Kofi Kingston ever become a heel in WWE?
The video can be found on www.layfieldreport.com.
You must be logged in to post a comment Login