American Wrestling Association
- August 14, 1970 – AWA Comiskey Park in Chicago, Illinois: Larry Hennig b Red Bastein, Pepper Gomez b Double X (Red Osbourne), Bobo Brazil wrestled Bill Miller to a 20 minutes, Wilbur Snyder b Mitsu Arakawa, Linda Klein and Betty Nicoli b Jean Antone and Lucille Dupree, Blackjack Lanza vs Ernie Ladd ended in a Double DQ, Paul Diamond b Dr. X (Dick Beyer), Verne Gagne b Baron Von Raschke in a best 2/3 Falls Match to retain the AWA World Heavywieght title, The Vachon Brothers (Maurice and Paul) defeated The Crusher and Dick the Bruiser in a “Steel Cage” match to retain the AWA Tag Team titles.
- September 1, 1972 – Soldiers Field in Chicago, IL at Soldiers Field: Rene Goulet b Don Muraco, Ramon Torres b Angelo Poffo, Art Thomas b Hans Harmann, Bobo Johnson b Little Bruiser, Baron Von Raschke b Billy Red Cloud, Andre Rousimoff (The Giant) b Larry Hennig and Butcher Vachon in a “Handicap” match, Dusty Rhodes b Wahoo McDaniel, Nick Bockwinkel and Ray Stevens (AWA Tag Team Champions) b Billy Robinson and Wilbur Snyder, Verne Gagne (AWA World Champion) b Ivan Koloff, The Crusher and Dick the Bruiser b Blackjack Mulligan and Blackjack Lanza in a “Steel Cage” match.
- September 7, 1974 – Comiskey Park in Chicago, IL at Comiskey Park: Vivian Vachon b Lucille Dupree, Greg Gagne vs Buddy Wolfe ended in a draw, Chris Taylor b Ox Baker by DQ. Pepper Gomez vs Baron Von Raschke ended in a DOUBLE DQ, Kim Duk b Jim Brunzell, Wilbur Snyder b Sgt. Jacques Goulet, The Crusher and Larry Hennig and Ivan Putski b Nick Bockwinkel and Billy Graham and Ray Stevens, The Sheik and Bobby Heenan b Dick the Bruiser and Bobo Brazil, Verne Gagne (AWA World Champion) b Billy Robinson by COUNT OUT.
- June 25, 1976 – AWA Chicago Stadium in Chicago, Illinois: Andre the Giant b Chuck Wepner (1:15 – 3rd) in a “Wrestler vs Boxer” match via countout, Antonio Inoki vs Muhammad Ali ended in a draw after 15 Rounds in a “Wrestler vs Boxer” match (Shown on closed circuit TV), Greg Gagne b “Cowboy” Bob Orton Jr, The Crusher and Dick the Bruiser b Blackjack Lanza and Bobby Duncum, Nick Bockwinkel (AWA World Champion) vs Verne Gagne ended in a NO CONTEST.
- July 14, 1980 – Comiskey Park in Chicago, IL at Comiskey Park: Tito Santana b Paul Christy, Steve Regal b Roger Kirby, Wee Willie b Mighty Atlas, Greg Gagne b Bobby Heenan by COUNT OUT, Bobo Brazil b Super Destroyer Mark II. Wilbur Snyder vs Pat O’Connor ended in a NO CONTEST, Verne Gagne b Nick Bockwinkel to win the AWA World title, The Crusher and Mad Dog Vachon b Adrian Adonis and Jerry Valiant (Guy Mitchell), Jerry Blackwell b Dick the Bruiser, Jerry Blackwell won a “Battle Royal” (Included: Adrian Adonis, Bobo Brazil, Paul Christy, The Crusher, Greg Gagne, Tim Hampton, Roger Kirby, Pat O’Conner, Steve Regal, Billy Robinson, Tito Santana, Super Destroyer Mark II, Mad Dog Vachon and Jerry Valiant).
- April 24, 1983 – AWA Super Sunday in Saint Paul, Minnesota: Buck Zumhoffe b Steve Regal, Jerry Lawler b John Tolos, Wendi Richter and Joyce Grable b Judy Martin and Velvet McIntyre to retain the Woman’s Tag Team titles, Wahoo McDaniel b Eddie Boulder (Ed Leslie), Rick Martel and Jim Brunzell and Greg Gagne b Jesse Ventura and Ken Patera and Blackjack Lanza, Nick Bockwinkel b Hulk Hogan by DQ to retain the AWA Heavyweight title..Verne Gagne and “Mad Dog” Vachon b Adnan El-Kassie and Jerry Blackwell.
- September 28, 1985 – AWA SuperClash in Chicago, Illinois: Sgt Slaughter b Boris Zuhkov by DW to retain the AWA America’s Heavyweight title, Mil Mascaras b Buddy Roberts to retain the IWA Heavyweight title, Jumbo Tsuruta and Giant Baba and Genichiro Tenryu b Harley Race and Bill and Scott Irwin, Sherri Martel b Candi Divine to win the AWA Women’s title, Kerry Von Erich b Jimmy Garvin to retain the World Class Texas Heavyweight title, Road Warriors (Hawk and Animal) b Freebirds (Terry Gordy and Michael Hayes) via referee’s decision to retain the AWA Tag Team titles, Little Tokyo b Little Mr. T to retain the NWA World Midget Heavyweight title, Bodyslam Match: Jerry Blackwell defeated Kamala in a “bodyslam” match, Steve Regal (AWA World Light-Heavyweight champion) vs Brad Rheingans ended in a draw, Ray Stevens and Nick Bockwinkel and Larry Zbysko vs Greg Gagne and Scott Hall and Curt Hennig.. Krusher Khruschev and Ivan and Nikita Koloff vs The Crusher and Dick the Bruiser and Baron Von Raschke, Ric Flair b Magnum TA in 28:00 to retain the NWA World Heavyweight title, Rick Martel (AWA World Champion) vs Stan Hansen fought to a Double DQ.
- April 20, 1986 – AWA WrestleRock in Minneapolis, Minnesota: Brad Rheingans b Boris Zuhkov, Little Mr. T and Cowboy Lang b Lord Littlebrook and Little Tokyo, Col DeBeers b Wahoo McDaniel by DQ, Doug Somers and Buddy Rose b The Midnight Rockers (Marty Jannetty and Shawn Michaels), Tiger Mask (Mitsuharu Misawa) b Buck Zumhoffe, Barry Windham and Mike Rotunda b The Fabulous Ones (Steve Kiern and Stan Lane), Giant Baba b Bob Brown, Rick Martel vs Harley Race fought to a DOUBLE COUNT OUT, Sherri Martel won a “Battle Royal” (Women Involved: Debbie Combs, Candi Divine, Rose Divine, Joyce Grable, Kat LeRoux, Despina Montagas, Misty Blue Simmes and Luna Vachon), Sgt Slaughter b Kamala by DQ to retain the America’s Heavyweight title, Curt Hennig and Scott Hall b Bill and Scott Irwin to retain the AWA Tag Team titles, Scott LeDoux b Larry Zbysko by DQ in a “boxing” match, Stan Hansen b Nick Bockwinkel by DQ to retain the AWA World title, The Road Warriors (Hawk and Animal) b The Freebirds (Jimmy Garvin and Michael Hayes) in a “Steel Cage” match, Jimmy Snuka and Greg Gagne b Nord the Barbarian and Bruiser Brody in a “Steel Cage” match, Verne Gagne b Adnan Al-Kassie in a “Steel Cage” match.
- April 28, 1986 – AWA/NWA Rage in a Cage in East Rutherford, New Jersey: Col DeBeers b Davey Gee, Mike Rotunda b Doug Somers, Bruiser Brody b Steve O, Magnum TA b Baron Von Raschke to retain the NWA United States title, Scott Hall and Curt Hennig b Konga the Barbarian and Boris Zuhkov to retain the AWA Tag Team titles, Nick Bockwinkel b Larry Zbysko in a “Texas Death” match, Tully Blanchard b Ronnie Garvin by DQ to retain the NWA National Heavyweight title, Stan Hansen b Leon White to retain the AWA World title, Dusty Rhodes b Arn Anderson in a “Steel Cage” match, The Road Warriors (Hawk and Animal) b Ivan and Nikita Koloff in a “Steel Cage” match.
- June 28, 1986 – AWA Battle by the Bay in Oakland, California: Colonal DeBeers b Brad Rheingans, Larry Zbysko vs Scott LeDoux wrestled to a DOUBLE COUNT OUT, Earthquake Ferris b Ali Khan..Sherri Martel b Candi Divine to win the Women’s title, Jimmy Snuka b Jay York, Nord the Barbarian b Nick Bockwinkel, Stan Hansen b Jerry Blackwell by DQ to retain the AWA World title, Marty Jannetty and Shawn Michaels and Curt Hennig b Buddy Rose and Doug Somers and Alexis Smirnoff.
- December 25, 1986 – AWA Brawl in St. Paul in Saint Paul, Minnesota: Buck Zumhoffe vs Buddy Wolfe ended in a 20:00 draw, Earthquake Ferris b Brian Knobbs, Steve O b Boris Zuhkov, Greg Gagne and Scott Hall and Leon White (aka Vader) b Larry Zbysko and Mr. Saito and Super Ninja, Jimmy Snuka b Colonal DeBeers by COUNT OUT, Nick Bockwinkel b Curt Hennig by DQ to retain the AWA World title, The Midnight Rockers (Marty Jannetty and Shawn Michaels) b Buddy Rose and Doug Somers in a “Steel Cage” match.
- May 2, 1987 – AWA SuperClash II in San Francisco, California: Adnan Al-Kassie b Buck Zumhoffe, DJ Peterson vs The Super Ninja (Shunji Takano) ended in a 15 minute draw, Sherri Martel b Madusa Micelli to retain the AWA Women’s title, Curt Hennig b Nick Bockwinkel to win the AWA World Heavyweight title, Ray Stevens and Shawn Michaels and Marty Jannetty b Buddy Wolfe and Doug Sommers and Kevin Kelly, Jerry Blackwell b Boris Zhukov, Jimmy Snuka and Russ Francis b The Terrorist (Brian Knobbs) and The Mercenary (Ron Fuller).
- April 16, 1988 – AWA Rage in a Cage II in Las Vegas, Nevada: Mario Soto b Ricky Ataki, Ricky Rice b Brian Knobbs by DQ, Paul Diamond b Greg Gagne (Television Champion) by DQ, Soldat Ustinov and Teijo Khan b Ray Stevens and Baron Von Raschke, The RockNRoll Express (Ricky Morton and Robert Gibson) vs The Nasty Boys (Brian Knobbsand Jerry Sags) ended in a Double DQ, Wahoo McDaniel b Curt Hennig in a “Steel Cage” match.
- December 13, 1988 – AWA SuperClash III PPV in Chicago, Illinois: The Guerreros (Hector, Chavo and Mando) b Cactus Jack and Tommy Lane and Mike Davis, Eric Embry b Jeff Jarrett, Jimmy Valiant b Wayne Bloom in 24 seconds, Iceman King Parsons b Brickhouse Brown to retain the World Class Texas Heavyweight title, Paul Diamond and Pat Tanaka and Madusa Micelli b Ricky Rice and Derrick Dukes and Wendi Richter, Greg Gagne b Ronnie Garvin by COUNT OUT to win the AWA Television title, The Syrian Terrorist won a “Lingerie Street Fight Battle Royal” (Also Involved: Bambi, Peggy Lee Leather, Laurie Lynn, Brandi Mae, Malibu, Nina, Pocohantas and Luna Vachon), Sgt Slaughter b Colonal DeBeers in a “Boot Camp” match, The Samoan Swat Team (Samu and Fatu) b Michael Hayes and Steve Cox to retain the World Class Tag Team titles, Wahoo McDaniel b Manny Fernandez in an “Indian strap” match, Jerry Lawler (AWA Champion) b Kerry Von Erich (World Class Champion) to win the WCCW Title when the referee stopped the match due to Von Erich’s excessive bleeding, The RockNRoll Express (Ricky Morton and Robert Gibson) vs Jimmy Golden and Robert Fuller ended in a DOUBLE COUNT OUT.
- June 23, 1989 – AWA War in the Windy City in Chicago, Illinois: Tommy Jammer b Johnny Stewart, Mike George b Rockin’ Randy, Akio Sato b Paul Diamond by DQ, Chavo and Mando and Hector Guerrero b The Texas Hangmen and The Executioner, Wendy Richter b Candi Divine to retain the Women’s title, Ken Patera and Scott Norton b The Destruction Crew (Wayne Bloom and Mike Enos), Larry Zbysko (AWA World Champion) vs Greg Gagne ended in a DRAW, Colonal DeBeers b Derrick Dukes in a “Loser Gets Painted Yellow” match.
- October 1, 1989 – AWA World Tag Team Title Tournament in Rochester, Minnesota: Destruction Crew (Wayne Bloom and Mike Enos) b Sgt. Slaughter and Baron Von Raschke (Tournament Match), Greg Gagne and Paul Diamond b Mike George and Johnny Stewart (Tournament Match), Destruction Crew (Wayne Bloom and Mike Enos) b Greg Gagne and Paul Diamond (Tournament Final) to win the AWA World Tag Team titles.
- October 1, 1989 – August 11, 1990 – AWA Team Challenge Series:
~~~Larry’s Legends 56
~~~Baron’s Blitzers 51
~~~Slaughter’s Snipers/DeBeers’ Diamondcutters 48
- April 8, 1990 – AWA SuperClash IV in Saint Paul, Minnesota: Jake Milliman b Todd Becker, The Texas Hangmen b DJ Peterson and Brad Rheingans, Baron von Raschke b Colpmal DeBeers by COUNT OUT, Tully Blanchard b Tommy Jammer, Nord the Barbarian b Kokina Maximus, Larry Zbysko b Masa Saito to win the AWA World Heavyweight title, The Trooper and Paul Diamond b The Destruction Crew (Mike Enos and Wayne Bloom) in a “Steel Cage” match.
Go Back To Results