Results courtesy of TNAwrestling.com
There are several major news items to report from Thursday’s “iMPACT!” broadcast as SpikeTV as we count down the hours until this Sunday’s “Against All Odds” Pay-Per-View!
– TNA Management Director Jim Cornette once again attempted to hold the contract signing for Samoa Joe – even threatening to fire Matt Morgan if he showed his face. However, this time the proceedings were interrupted by TNA World Champion Kurt Angle, who had some words for Joe regarding his role as the special enforcer this Sunday in the main event. In turn, Joe slammed Angle through a table and left the ring before signing his contract – once again leaving Cornette with egg on his face!
– Also on the broadcast, “The Instant Classic” Christian Cage attempted to put his differences aside with Tomko, even offering to turn his back so Tomko could take revenge if he wanted to. In turn, Tomko left the ring, but would come to Cage’s aid later on….
– In the main event, it was Cage taking on James Mitchell’s demon Judas Mesias. After Abyss chased off Mitchell and distracted Mesias, Cage hit his finisher for the win. After the bout, AJ Styles and Kurt Angle hit the ring to assault Cage, but Tomko appeared again – this time chasing off Angle and AJ and helping Cage to his feet. Will Tomko reunited with Christian Cage?
– A new match has been added to Sunday’s Pay-Per-View as it will be “Big Poppa Pump” Scott Steiner taking on “Maple Leaf Muscle” Petey Williams in a “Case vs. Case” match.
– “Black Machismo” Jay Lethal was scheduled to take on Robert Roode, however that match never took place as Booker T attacked Roode prior to the bout – sending Roode bailing from the ring and the arena! However, Roode forgot one person…
– In addition, TNA Women’s Champion Awesome Kong faced off against Traci Brooks. Prior to the bout, ODB came out and had some words with Kong regarding their title bout this Sunday. Traci held her own in the match, but the juggernaut Kong was just too much for her in the end. After the bout, Payton Banks came out to attack Traci just days before their match this Sunday. However, by that time Roode had already taken off in his car to get away from Booker T.
– In a pole match with Misty the rat up for grabs, Kaz defeated Black Reign. However, after the bout Black Reign used his Darkness Falls weapon to brutalize Kaz and take back Misty.
– The X Division championship was on the line as Johnny Devine defended against Homicide of The Latin American Xchange. Homicide had Devine beat after his Gringo Killer finisher, but Team 3D hit the ring to break it up and cause the disqualification. Hernandez eventually cahsed off Team 3D and hit a Border Toss on Devine for good measure.
– In tag team action, Shark Boy and Curry Man defeated The Rock N’ Raven Infection
– In singles action, “The Phenomenal” AJ Styles beat New Japan star Tiger Mask. Before the bout, AJ Styles begged Kurt and Karen Angle to forgive him for the World Champion losing to Tomko on the previous weeks’ broadcast.