WWE Monday Night RAW
Location: Orlando, FL
Date: October 28, 2013
Commentators: Michael Cole, Jerry Lawler, and JBL
Tonight’s RAW opens up with stills from the top matches at WWE’s Hell in a Cell pay-per-view.
– Michael Cole, JBL and Jerry Lawler are the announcers. They hype the Randy Orton Celebration for tonight. Fans can vote on the WWE App for Ryback and CM Punk’s stipulation tonight – Street Fight, Tables Match or Falls Count Anywhere.
– We go to the ring and out comes World Heavyweight Champion John Cena.
Fans boo Cena and he says he’s used to that sound. Cena says he’s back and asks if the fans missed him. Cena thanks JBL for doubting him. Cena imitates JBL and talks about having to sit at home and listen to JBL run his mouth every week. Cena thanks JBL for the motivation. Cena says the new World Heavyweight Champion is here. Cena says he is back on RAW and SmackDown every week. Cena brings up Randy Orton’s celebration that’s happening tonight. Cena says he’s going to stop talking now, he just wanted to let everyone know he’s back. Cena gives props to Alberto Del Rio and mentions the rematch. Cena tells Del Rio to come get some because he runs the show. Damien Sandow’s music hits and out he comes.
Sandow says the uncrowned champ is here and gets somewhat of a pop. Sandow says Cena isn’t fooling him. He says it’s impossible for Cena’s injury to heal that quickly. Sandow knows Cena is more hurt than he’s letting on. Sandow says Cena is afraid he will cash in. Sandow teases cashing in right now and the fans pop. He says any night but tonight and they boo. Sandow attacks Cena’s injured arm with the briefcase and beats him down. Sandow unloads with briefcase shots on Cena’s arm. Sandow wraps Cena’s arm around the ring post and slams it a few times. Sandow says “rise above this!” and tosses Cena into the fan barrier. Sandow rams Cena into the steel steps now. Sandow takes apart the steel steps and grabs a steel chair. Sandow places Cena’s injured arm on the steps and smacks it with the chair. Sandow says his time is now. He re-enters the ring and calls for a referee to cash in his Money in the Bank contract.
Cena tries to recover on the floor as the referee enters the ring. We go to commercial without the bell ringing yet.
World heavyweight title match: Damien Sandow vs. WWE world heavyweight champion John Cena
Back from the break and Cena is in the ring. He says he’s ready to go. The bell rings and they go at it back and forth. Sandow drops Cena on his arm and covers for 2. Sandow whips Cena into the ring post and covers for another pin attempt. Sandow with knee drops to the arm now. Another 2 count.
Sandow keeps Cena grounded with a hold on the arm now. Cena fights to his feet and slams Sandow with a belly to belly. Sandow keeps working on the arm and slams it into the mat. Sandow with back elbows in the corner now. Sandow with a suplex and another 2 count. Sandow with another hold on the arm. Cena hits a big backdrop and we go back to commercial.
Back from the break and Cena is making another comeback. He slams Sandow and goes for the Five Knuckle Shuffle but his arm is hurting. Cena shakes it off as the crowd pops. Sandow blocks the Shuffle and hits a backbreaker for a 2 count. Sandow whips Cena hard into the corner and he goes down. We see Dr. Sampson watching at ringside. Cena nails an Attitude Adjustment out of nowhere. Sandow rolls out of the ring. Doc Sampson checks on Cena to see how he’s doing. Cena waves him off and goes after Sandow.
Cena brings Sandow back in the ring and applies the STF. Sandow goes for the arm and slips out of the hold. Sandow with a neckbreaker for a close 2 count. Cena breaks free and slams Sandow for another close pin attempt. Sandow drops Cena and applies the STF. Cena breaks free from his own hold but Sandow kicks him off. Cena goes for an AA but Sandow slides out. Sandow hits the You’re Welcome but Cena kicks out at 2. Sandow takes Cena to the top as a “this is awesome” chant starts up. Sandow goes for a superplex but Cena headbutts him to the mat. Cena goes for a big crossbody but Sandow moves and Cena lands bad on his knee. Cena counters and nails another AA for the win.
Winner: John Cena
– Cena celebrates with the World Title and heads to the back.
– The Shield is backstage. Dean Ambrose reveals he’s being forced to defend his United States Title against Big E Langston tonight. Ambrose talks about their match at Hell in a Cell. Seth Rollins says they made a mistake last night and have a chance to rectify it tonight. Ambrose says he’s going to get the job done like he always does and defend the only title The Shield has left. Rollins and Roman Reigns look at Ambrose sideways. Reigns says to believe in The Shield and that’s it.
– Back from the break and voting is open for the Ryback vs. CM Punk stipulation mentioned earlier.
WWE United States title match: Big E Langston vs. WWE United States champion Dean Ambrose
We go to the ring and The Shield waits. Out next comes the challenger Big E Langston and we see some footage from their Hell In a Cell match.
The bell rings and they go at it. Ambrose with an early pin attempt. Ambrose with a neckbreaker and another pin attempt. More back and forth. Big E nails a pair of clotheslines but Ambrose kicks him in the face. Big E comes back with a big belly to belly. Big E runs the ropes but Reigns pulls him over the top rope for the disqualification.
Winner by DQ: Big E Langston
– After the bell, The Shield beat Langston down and bring him back in the ring. They go for the triple powerbomb but The Usos run out for the save. Big E and The Usos clear the ring. General Manager Brad Maddox comes out and makes a six-man match.
The Usos and Big E Langston vs. The Shield
Back from the break and The Shield is in control of one of the Usos. Ambrose tags in and keeps control. Rollins tags in and stomps away. Rollins drops Uso with a big kick for a 2 count. Reigns tags in and stomps on Uso. He drops an elbow for another 2 count.
Ambrose comes in and keeps up the attack on Jimmy Uso. Ambrose lays him out for another pin attempt. Reigns comes back in but Uso counters and drops him with a DDT. Jey Uso tags in with high-flying moves and clotheslines for Rollins. Uso with a big kick and right hand. Jey ducks a clothesline and nails a spinebuster. Uso with the Rikishi splash in the corner and a 2 count. Big E stops Ambrose and sends him to the floor. Rollins and Jey go at it now. Rollins goes for a superplex but Uso sends him to the mat. Uso climbs up for a Superfly Splash but lands on Rollins’ knees. Jimmy saves Jey from a double team move. Ambrose goes down and they double kick Rollins. Reigns comes in with a double spear and pins Uso for the win.
Winners: The Shield
– Still to come, Orton’s celebration. Up next, Shawn Michaels will explain his actions at Hell In a Cell. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and here comes Shawn Michaels to a mixed reaction. Shawn says he owes everyone an explanation but more importantly he owes Daniel Bryan one. Shawn asks Bryan to come to the ring so he can explain his action. Fans start chanting “yes!” and pop big time when Bryan makes his way out.
Shawn says he didn’t intend for that to happen last night. A “you sold out” chant starts up. Shawn says he called the match down the middle and then all hell broke loose. Shawn says he saw what Bryan did to Triple H. Shawn says Triple H is his best friend. He knows fans and Bryan don’t like him but that will never change. Shawn says he and Triple H’s friendship will always supersede what goes on in this line of work. Shawn talks about how Triple H has always been there for him. Shawn says he needed him last night and Shawn was there. Shawn asks Bryan to accept his apology and shake his hand. Fans chant “no” as Shawn puts his hand out. Shawn brings up training Bryan years ago and says he took it farther than he imagined. Shawn says he just took Bryan to finishing school last night. Shawn says if Bryan wants to make it, he has to know that you can’t trust anyone – not Shawn, his soon-to-be wife or anyone. Shawn says he’s come out here tonight and humbled himself. He asks Bryan to show him the respect he deserves and shake his hand. Bryan shakes his head no. Shawn calls Bryan a self-righteous little puke and loses his cool now. Shawn says he has stuck up for Bryan for months now and he just doesn’t know or care anymore. Shawn says he is an A+ player, always has been and always will be. Shawn says he is Shawn Michaels. He tells Bryan to shake his hand again. Bryan shakes Shawn’s hand but pulls him to the mat and applies the Yes Lock. HBK taps but Bryan won’t let go. Referees run out and pull Bryan off HBK. A “you tapped out” chant starts now. Bryan’s music hits and he leaves as referees check on Shawn, who is trying to recover from the attack.
– Still to come tonight, The Randy Orton Celebration. Also, Kane will make his return to RAW. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and Renee Young is backstage with Daniel Bryan. She asks him about getting frustrated but sees something and starts to back away from him. The lights go out, The Wyatt Family graphic flashes and then the lights come back on, Erick Rowan and Luke Harper are beating down Daniel Bryan around the backstage area. Bray Wyatt picks Bryan up, says the devil made him do it, and drops Bryan with Sister Abigail. Wyatt rams a production case into Bryan’s face and busts him open. Bryan is left shaking and bleeding.
Handicap Match: 3MB vs. Los Matadores
We go to the ring and out comes Los Matadores with El Torito. All three members of 3MB are out next and they have an extra-large fish net with them. Heath Slater and Drew McIntyre tag to keep Matadores grounded early on. Jinder Mahal comes in for some triple teaming. Drew with a 2 count on Matadores.
The end comes when McIntyre accidentally boots Mahal off the apron. Drew drops one of the Matadores. Slater tries to catch Torito with the fish net but falls on his face. Torito runs under the ring. Slater goes for him but gets sprayed in the face with a fire extinguisher. Torito comes out and goes Slater. Matadores hit a double team move on McIntyre for the win.
Winners: Los Matadores
– After the match, they bring Slater back in the ring and catch him with the fishnet. Torito springboards in and takes Slater out before they celebrate some more.
– We get more hype for the WWE App. Back to commercial.
Tamina Snuka and WWE Divas champion AJ Lee vs. The Bella Twins
Back from the break and out comes Tamina Snuka with WWE Divas Champion AJ Lee. The Bella Twins are out next.
Brie is crying after seeing a replay of what just happened to Daniel Bryan. AJ goes at it with Brie to start the match. AJ drops her and skips around the ring. Brie dropkicks her. Tamina tags in and nails a big kick. Tamina takes Brie to the corner but she fights out and drops Tamina. Brie goes to the ropes but Tamina knocks her to the mat for a 2 count. Tamina with a headlock now. Brie fights out but Tamina drops her with headbutts. 2 count by Tamina.
Brie turns it around and tags in Nikki Bella. Nikki unloads on Tamina but gets dropped over the top rope. Brie gets knocked out to the floor. Nikki with a Thesz Press and right hands on Tamina. Tamina ends up swinging Nikki into Brie, sending her back to the floor. Tamina drops Nikki with a Samoan Drop. Tamina tags in AJ, who applies the Black Widow on Nikki for the win.
Winners: AJ Lee and Tamina Snuka
– Up next, Kane’s return against The Miz. Back to commercial.
Kane vs. The Miz
Back from the break and out comes Kane making his return to RAW. The Miz limps out next to very little reaction from the crowd.
Miz unloads with right hands but Kane cuts him off. Kane with a big boot and a 2 count. Miz kicks Kane in the head and makes a comeback. Kane runs into the turnbuckles. Miz with a big clothesline in the corner. Miz comes off the top rope but Kane catches him in mid-air with a chokeslam for a quick win.
– After the match, Kane calls out Stephanie McMahon. He says he has something to say to her. Stephanie’s music hits and she comes to the stage. She says this is far enough. Kane says she has been on a power trip, abusing her power. He says she has been manipulative and has ruined lives. Kane says but in this day, it’s what’s best for business. Kane says the monster is Stephanie’s to unleash. He heads up the ramp and stops in front of her. Kane takes off his mask, hands it to Stephanie and keeps walking to the back. Stephanie holds up Kane’s mask as his music plays.
– Still to come, The Randy Orton Celebration. Back to commercial.
– We get a backstage segment with Titus O’Neil and Darren Young hyping up a bunch of WWE merchandise.
– We see a WWE.com video of David Otunga giving his professional opinion on Big Show suing WWE and The Authority.
– We go to the ring and out comes CM Punk to a big pop. Punk takes the mic and talks about his win at Hell In a Cell and how he promised he would get his hands on Paul Heyman. Fans chant for Punk. He rips on Ryback now and promises to beat him tonight after fans pick a stipulation. We go to commercial.
Street Fight: CM Punk vs. Ryback
Back from the break and Jerry Lawler reveals the stipulation to be a Street Fight. Out comes Ryback by himself.
Ryback takes Punk to the corner with shoulder thrusts and the Goldberg chants start. Punk comes back and hits a crossbody for a 2 count. Punk sends Ryback out to the floor. Punk leaps out of the ring but Ryback catches him and rams him into the ring post, then the fan barrier. Ryback works Punk over on the floor and up against the barrier. Ryback brings a table from under the ring and slides it into the ring. Punk nails Ryback with a kendo stick and brings it into the ring for more shots. Ryback blocks Punk and slams him on the mat.
Punk ducks the Meathook clothesline and nails a swinging neckbreaker for a 2 count. Punk sets up the table. Ryback goes for a powerbomb and drops the back of Punk’s head on the turnbuckles. Punk fights out of the corner. Ryback takes him to the top for a superplex through the table but Punk fights back. Punk knocks Ryback to the mat. Punk leaps off but Ryback catches him in mid-air. Punk slides out and kicks Ryback in the head. Ryback falls on top of the table. Punk goes to the top and nails the big elbow drop through the table. Punk applies the Anaconda Vice on top of the broken table and Ryback taps out.
Winner: CM Punk
– After the match, the lights go out and Bray Wyatt lights up the lantern. The Wyatt Family makes their way to the ring where CM Punk is.
Wyatt takes a seat in his rocking chair. The lights come on and Erick Rowan and Luke Harper have Punk surrounded. They hit the ring and he fights them off with a kendo stick. They take control and beat Punk down in a corner. Fans chant for Daniel Bryan but Cole says Bryan is at a local hospital. Rowan and Harper continue to beat Punk down. Bray makes his way in the ring. Wyatt tells Punk it’s a pleasure and he’s been waiting for this. Punk nails Wyatt with a headbutt and fights off the Family but they beat him down. Bray laughs at Punk and picks him up for Sister Abigail. Fans boo as The Wyatt Family poses in the ring. Bray says the devil made him do it and laughs some more as the lights go back out and we go to commercial.
Jack Swagger and Antonio Cesaro vs. WWE tag team champions Cody Rhodes and Goldust (non-title)
Back from the break and out comes Zeb Colter with The Real Americans. The WWE tag team champions Cody Rhodes and Goldust are out next for a non-title match.
Cesaro and Goldust start things off going back and forth. Goldust taunts Cesaro and takes him to the mat. They run the ropes and Goldust hits a big arm drag. Cesaro fights back and tags in Swagger. Goldust takes Swagger to the mat and works on his arm. A “you still got it” chant breaks out. Swagger takes Goldust to the corner and they double team him. Cesaro tags back in for more punishment in the corner. Cody tags in and they double team Cesaro. Cody with a knee to the face for a 2 count.
Cody beats Cesaro down in the corner and stomps away. Cody keeps control and suplexes Cesaro. Goldust comes back in for some double teaming. Goldust nails a bulldog for a 2 count. Swagger tags back in as does Cody. Cody comes off the top with a big dropkick. Cody clotheslines Swagger to the floor as we go to commercial.
Back from the break and Swagger is in control of Cody. Cesaro tags in and hits a gutwrench slam for a 2 count. Swagger comes back in and rams Cody into the corner. Swagger nails a Swagger Bomb on Cody’s back and tags in Cesaro for a big double team stomp. Cesaro covers for a 2 count. Cesaro with a headlock now. Cody fights out but Cesaro stops a tag with a huge uppercut. Goldust comes in and causes some chaos. Cesaro with a big right hand to Cody and some taunting to Goldust. Cody fights back and sends Cesaro out to the floor. Swagger tags in as does Goldust. Goldust unloads with clotheslines and the big drop down right hand. Goldust with an inverted atomic drop and big shot to the head. Goldust mounts Swagger with right hands in the corner. Goldust hits a big powerslam but Cesaro runs in. Cody takes out Cesaro with a Disaster Kick. Goldust nails a big crossbody on Swagger for a 2 count. Swagger applies the Patriot Lock on Goldust. Goldust counters and sends him into the turnbuckles. Goldust with a 2 count as Cesaro breaks the pin and takes out Cody. Goldust sends Cesaro to the floor. Swagger with the Patriot Lock on Goldust again for the non-title win.
Winners: Jack Swagger and Antonio Cesaro
– Still to come, The Randy Orton Celebration. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and we see footage of the John Cena vs. Damien Sandow match from earlier tonight.
– We go to the ring and out comes Alberto Del Rio in a suit and waving the Mexican flag. Del Rio doesn’t care about what Sandow did tonight. He calls Cena a thief. He says Cena owes him a rematch. He’s going to make Cena pay, he’s going to hurt him and hurt him bad. Del Rio says Cena’s injured arm is a target and he’s going to break it. Del Rio says the World Heavyweight Title belongs to him, but we already know that.
– Cole plugs the WWE 2K14 video game and shows us dream match footage of Goldberg vs. The Undertaker.
Summer Rae vs. Natalya
We go to the ring and out comes Summer Rae with Fandango. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and out comes Natalya with The Great Khali and Hornswoggle. Natalya kicks first but Summer blocks it. Natalya takes her to the mat. They run the ropes and Natalya drops her with a shoulder. More back and forth. Summer with a jackknife pin. Natalya with a backslide pin. Summer ends up choking Natalya in the corner with her boot. Summer with another submission.
Natalya looks to make a comeback but Summer cuts her off and covers for 2. Summer taunts and yells at Natalya while keeping control. Summer goes from a scissors to slamming Natalya’s head into the mat. Natalya fights back with knees but Summer fires right back and covers for 2. Summer with another submission. Natalya fights back again but Summer dropkicks her for 2. Fandango gets on the apron but Hornswoggle pulls him down. Fandango tosses Hornswoggle to the floor. Khali lays Fandango out. Natalya takes advantage of a distracted Summer and gets the win with a Sharpshooter.
– Up next, The Randy Orton Celebration. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and the entire roster is out on the stage for The Rand Orton Celebration. The Shield are standing guard in front of the ring as usual. Triple H’s music hits and out he comes to the ring with Stephanie McMahon. The Shield follows them in the ring to stand guard. Triple H says a decade ago, Vince McMahon asked him who he thought would be the face of WWE. Triple H says he took that person, put him in a group called Evolution and watched him become a star. Triple H says he watched that A+ player become the face of WWE at Hell In a Cell last night. Triple H makes jokes about Daniel Bryan and mentions he’s sitting in a local hospital. Triple H proudly introduces the new WWE Champion Randy Orton and out he comes.
Orton shakes hands with and hugs Triple H then has a group hug with Triple H and Stephanie. Stephanie says Orton is everyone’s champion. He represents everyone on the stage. He’s what they aspire to be, she says. Stephanie wants everyone to show Orton the respect he so richly deserves. Orton says having the WWE Title makes him better than everyone. Orton goes on about how he’s superior and Big Show’s music interrupts. Show runs down the ramp and fights off The Shield but they beat him down. Goldust, Cody Rhodes and The Usos make the save and brawls back to the stage with The Shield. Show rushes the ring. Triple H and Orton run to the floor as Show looks on from the ring. Show takes the mic and doesn’t care about the restraining order. He says it’s turning his stomach. Show isn’t afraid of getting arrested because he has friends who will bail him out. Show says Triple H doesn’t get it. He says his lawsuit will cost Triple H millions of dollars. Show doesn’t care, he says he has nothing to lose. Orton attacks and lays Big Show out with a belt shot to the head. Stephanie and Triple H yell at Orton to hit him again. Big Show blocks it with a big knockout punch and Orton goes down.
Triple H, still on the apron, takes off his jacket and gets ready to fight it looks like. He drops off the apron and the crowd boos. Triple H teases going to the ring but let’s Stephanie hold him back. Fans chant for Big Show as he dares Triple H to enter the ring. Big Show’s music hits and we go to replays. Big Show heads to the back while Triple H enters the ring and Orton gets to his feet. RAW goes off the air with Triple H pacing around the ring.