WWE Monday Night RAW
Location: Roanoke, VA
Date: May 6, 2013
Commentators: Michael Cole, JBL, and Jerry Lawler
Tonight’s WWE RAW opens up with a look at Paul Heyman and Brock Lesnar‘s antics at WWE headquarters earlier today. We also get a look at injured WWE Champion John Cena and his feud with Ryback.
– Michael Cole welcomes us to RAW from Roanoke, Virginia. We go right to the ring and out comes John Cena to a huge pop. Cena says he’s out here to answer questions tonight. Cena says his heel injury won’t stop him from wrestling Ryback at Extreme Rules. Cena says he hasn’t been 100% since 2002 but that’s not going to stop him. Cena is interrupted by Vickie Guerrero on the stage.
Vickie is excited Cena will be defending the WWE Title at Extreme Rules. Vickie runs down the Extreme Rules card and hopes the WWE Title match will be extreme. Vickie brings up a stipulation for that match and brings Ryback to the ring. Cena pokes at Ryback for whining the past few weeks. Cena does a bad impersonation. Ryback says he’s not fighting Cena tonight. Ryback says Cena and everyone will know that Ryback Rules after Extreme Rules. Ryback picks the stipulation for their match and it will be a Last Man Standing match. Ryback exits the ring and Cena looks on worried.
– Cole is at ringside with JBL and Jerry Lawler. They talk about Lesnar destroying WWE HQ earlier today. Randy Orton is walking backstage as we go to commercial.
Randy Orton vs. Damien Sandow
Back from the break and Randy Orton is in the ring for a SmackDown rematch. Damien Sandow is out next. He sings a song about Orton on the way to the ring and it’s decent.
Orton attacks Sandow and unloads, taking it to the floor. Sandow tries to regroup but Orton levels him with a clothesline and backdrops him onto the fan barrier. Orton brings it back in the ring but Sandow goes back out. Orton follows and they brawl some more. Orton brings it back in the ring and keeps control. Orton with a series of right hands in the corner. Orton keeps control and poses for the fans. Sandow takes advantage and turns things around. Orton fights back and nails a suplex.
Back from the break and Sandow is in control now. Sandow nails the Elbow of Disdain and covers for a 2 count. Orton comes back with a pair of clotheslines and a powerslam. Sandow hits an elbow but Orton catches him in mid-air with a dropkick. Orton brings Sandow in with a second rope draping DDT. Orton hits a RKO for the win.
Winner: Randy Orton
– Big Show attacks Randy Orton on the stage but we don’t see it because the announcers were talking. We get a replay and it shows Show dropping Orton with a knockout punch as he went to enter the backstage area.
– Fandango is backstage dancing with a new dancer as we go to commercial.
– Back from the break and out comes Chris Jericho. He jokes on Fandango and says he’s put together a panel to judge Fandango’s performance tonight. Jericho brings out his judges – Tensai and Brodus Clay. They come out dancing with Cameron and Naomi. Out next comes Fandango with a new dancer, not Summer Rae. Jericho takes a seat with his judges. Fandango rips Jericho for not winning Dancing with the Stars. Out comes Fandango’s opponent R-Truth.
R-Truth vs. Fandango
Fandango strikes with kicks and beats Truth around.
Truth makes a comeback and drops Fandango on his face. Truth nails the scissors kick. Fandango rolls to the floor to regroup. Truth dances for the judges and they give him 10’s. Fandango gets upset and walks off with his dancer.
Winner by Count Out: R-Truth
– The announcers hype Lesnar’s antics at WWE HQ earlier today. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and we get a Susan G. Komen video from Triple H.
– We see Ryback defeating Daniel Bryan on SmackDown. We also see The Shield attacking Bryan backstage later that night. Josh Mathews is backstage with Bryan now. Bryan challenges Ryback to a rematch from SmackDown and wants to prove that The Shield’s claims of justice are phony. Ryback appears and says no to Bryan’s challenge. Ryback says Bryan is half the man he is. Kane appears and gets in Ryback’s face and they will meet tonight.
Alberto Del Rio vs. Dolph Ziggler
Ricardo Rodriguez comes out to begin the introduction for Alberto Del Rio. Back to commercial. Back from the break and out comes World Heavyweight Champion Dolph Ziggler with AJ Lee and Big E Langston at his side. Ziggler nails a dropkick early on in the match for a 2 count. More back and forth action. Ziggler with a suplex and a 2 count. Jack Swagger’s music hits mid-match and out he comes with Zeb Colter for commentary. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and more back and forth between the two. Zeb talks trash on commentary. Del Rio ends up knocking Ziggler down on the top. Del Rio with a facebuster from the top rope. Del Rio unloads on Ziggler. Del Rio nails the superkick and covers for a close 2 count. Del Rio locks in the cross armbreaker. AJ distracts the referee and Big E pulls Del Rio out of the ring. Langston tosses Del Rio into Swagger’s chair.
Winner by DQ: Alberto Del Rio
– After the bell, Swagger gets upset and throws Langston into the ring post. Swagger clotheslines Del Rio and brings a ladder from under the ring. Swagger tosses Ricardo from his back and rams him back into the barrier with a ladder. Swagger beats down Ziggler and Del Rio with a ladder in the ring. Swagger exits with Zeb as everyone is left lying.
– We get a look back at what happened with Ryback and Cena earlier tonight.
– Back from the break and we get a video for WWE’s new partnership with Yahoo.
– Kaitlyn is backstage with Cameron and Naomi. Her phone goes off and apparently she gets a text message. Kaitlyn says he’s not a stalker. Kaitlyn says she feels like the mystery man “gets” her. Natalya walks up and Kaitlyn reads the text message. The Great Khali appears. Natalya suggests Khali go into the locker room and find out who the mystery man is. The Divas walk off and The Bellas come out from behind a curtain laughing.
The Shield vs. Kofi Kingston and The Usos
We go to the ring and out comes Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns through the crowd.
Back from the break and The Usos are out with Kofi Kingston. Ambrose starts out with one of the Usos. Usos take control a bit and in comes Rollins. Rollins tags in Reigns and they keep Uso down in their corner. Ambrose comes in for some double teaming with Rollins. 2 count on Uso. Rollins with a submission now.
Uso trades rights with Ambrose but Reigns comes back in. More double teaming and quick tags by The Shield. Rollins taunts one of the Usos and slaps him. Uso catches Rollins with a huge Samoan Drop out of nowhere. Ambrose and Kofi tag in at the same time. Kofi unloads off the top rope and hits a crossbody. Ambrose ducks a right hand but misses a clothesline. Kofi kicks Reigns off the apron and drops Ambrose. Kofi hits the Boom Drop. Ambrose dodges a splash but gets kicked in the head. Kofi kicks Rollins away. Kofi nails a crossbody on Ambrose for 2. Uso takes out Reigns and sends him into the fan barrier. Reigns comes right back with a huge clothesline on the floor. Kofi goes up top but Ambrose cuts him off. Kofi knocks Ambrose to the mat. Rollins pushes Kofi off the top while Reigns distracts the referee. Ambrose lays Kofi out with his finisher for the win.
Winners: The Shield
– More hype about Brock Lesnar’s attack on WWE HQ today. Still to come, Kane vs. Ryback. Back to commercial.
Zack Ryder vs. Antonio Cesaro
Back from the break and Zack Ryder is in the ring. Antonio Cesaro makes his way out as we see a replay of Cesaro vs. Kofi from Main Event. Cesaro looks all business tonight and doesn’t yodel.
Cesaro controls the match to start. Ryder hits a missile dropkick from the ropes and charges but Cesaro drops him with a big uppercut in mid-air. Cesaro hits the Neutralizer for the easy win.
Winner: Antonio Cesaro
– Cesaro speaks after the match and asks if that’s all the competition they have for him. Cesaro says he puts the “W” in WWE. Cesaro says there’s nobody in WWE, on NXT, on Saturday Morning Slam, on Superstars, SmackDown, Main Event or RAW that can hold a candle to what he does in the ring. Cesaro drops the mic and walks away.
– Back from a commercial and Paul Heyman is live via satellite. Heyman says he’s here on behalf of Brock Lesnar. Heyman says they took a self-guided tour of WWE HQ earlier today. Heyman shows us footage.
We see Heyman and Lesnar entering the building. They walk up on a big Extreme Rules with Sheamus that they mock. Andre the Giant‘s hand-prints are in a case and Heyman jokes about him being dead for 150 years. A secretary asks if they have an appointment to meet with Triple H. They ride the elevator up and Lesnar tries to intimidate the man operating the elevator. They step out on the 4th floor where Triple H’s office is. Lesnar stops at a Royal Rumble poster with The Rock and stares at it. Heyman gets Lesnar upset by pointing out there are no posters of him. They enter Triple H’s office and Heyman says the secretary is much prettier than Stephanie McMahon. An office worker says they can’t enter and Lesnar mushes him down in the face. Seems like Triple H’s office would be a little nicer than this. Lesnar grabs a World Title off the wall and puts it on his shoulder. Lesnar sits in Triple H’s chair and kicks his feet up on the desk. Lesnar throws the phone and tears a laptop into pieces. Lesnar punches a monitor off the table. He grabs a sledgehammer off the wall and starts tearing the desk apart. The sledgehammer breaks. Lesnar destroys the rest of the room. He rips a TV off the wall and throws it. Lesnar says he thinks he’s done. Heyman leaves one of his business cards. We’re back live via satellite with Heyman now. Heyman says from now on, he will encourage Brock Lesnar, not discourage him. Heyman says Lesnar is going to take Triple H to the extreme and then… Heyman is interrupted by Triple H’s music.
Triple H marches to the ring as Heyman looks on from the big screen. HHH comes out and jokes on Heyman’s hair. Triple H says he knows extreme and brings up DX. Triple H says Heyman and Lesnar knew he wouldn’t be at WWE HQ on a Monday because he’s always at RAW. Heyman tries to speak and HHH tells him to shut up. HHH says he has 2 offices – the one they destroyed and the one he’s standing in right now. HHH says he became a man here, something Lesnar never did become. HHH says Lesnar can say whatever he has to say in his face. Triple H says he’s not hard to find and the fans chant his name. HHH says in this office, we fight back. His music hits and that’s it for the segment.
– We see footage of Kane, Daniel Bryan and Ryback from earlier tonight. Kane vs. Ryback is still to come.
AJ Lee and The Bella Twins vs. Cameron, Naomi and Kaitlyn
Back from the break and out comes AJ Lee with The Bella Twins. We get a preview video for WWE’s new reality show for the Divas. Out next comes WWE Divas Champion Kaitlyn with Cameron and Naomi.
Cameron starts things off with AJ. One of the Bellas distracts Cameron and AJ takes control with an early pin attempt. AJ with a neckbreaker, and another. AJ blows a kiss to Kaitlyn and covers Cameron for another 2 count. AJ taunts Kaitlyn as she works Cameron over. AJ with more offense and a 2 count. Cameron fights out of a hold but gets cut off. AJ misses a splash in the corner. Cameron comes back with a clothesline. Cameron with a crossbody and a tag to Kaitlyn. The crowd cheers as Kaitlyn walks up on AJ. AJ slaps her. Kaitlyn blocks another slap. AJ goes to tag in the Bellas but they drop off the apron and refuse. Kaitlyn spears AJ for the win.
Winners: Kaitlyn, Cameron and Naomi
– Mark Henry is backstage walking and he’s not happy. We go to commercial.
– Back from the break and we get the Diddy anti-bullying video.
– We go to the ring and out comes Mark Henry. Henry says Sheamus acts when he comes out. Henry doesn’t have to act tough because he is tough. Henry gets the crowd to chant “WHAT?” and he calls them puppets. We see footage from SmackDown where Henry attacked Sheamus from behind. Henry goes on talking about Sheamus and the Hall of Pain until the music hits and here comes Sheamus to the ring. They have words and talk about Extreme Rules. Henry says they can fight right now and don’t have to wait. Before they can fight, Wade Barrett’s music hits and out comes the Intercontinental Champion for a match that was already signed. We go to commercial.
Sheamus vs. Wade Barrett
Back from the break and Henry is on commentary while the match is underway. Henry says Cole is ate up with stupid and tells him to be quiet. Sheamus with forearm shots on Barrett from the apron. Sheamus knocks Barrett off the apron into the announcers table. Sheamus teases that he’s going to throw Barrett into Henry. Henry gets upset but Sheamus drops him with a Brogue Kick. Sheamus comes back in off the top on Barrett with a battering ram for a 2 count. Barrett blocks a hold and rolls Sheamus up for 2. Barrett with Winds of Change for a 2 count.
More back and forth. Barrett ducks a Brogue and kicks Sheamus in the gut. Barrett with a big forearm shot to the jaw for another 2 count. Barrett goes for the Bullhammer Elbow but Sheamus counters with White Noise. Sheamus nails a Brogue Kick for the win.
– After the bell, Mark Henry rushes the ring and attacks Sheamus with a leather strap, apparently one of the EMT’s belts. Henry beats Sheamus around the ring and to the floor. Sheamus tries to fight back but Henry whips him. Henry nails a World’s Strongest Slam on the floor and leaves Sheamus laying.
– Still to come, Kane vs. Ryback. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and they show the footage of Lesnar destroying Triple H’s office again.
Kane vs. Ryback
We go to the ring and out first comes one-half of the WWE Tag Team Champions Kane. Out next comes Ryback for tonight’s main event.
Back and forth to start the match. We come back from commercial and Ryback takes control. Ryback calls for Shell Shocked but Kane fights him off and nails a suplex. Kane with a 2 count. Kane goes up top but Ryback cuts him off. Ryback grabs Kane off the top and nails Shellshocked for the win.
– After the match, The Shield’s music hits and out they come. Bryan comes to the ring and tends to Kane. Ryback leaves them to face The Shield. John Cena’s music hits and here he comes to stand with Bryan. The Shield goes to attack but Ryback makes the save with a chair. Bryan leaps out onto Reigns. Cena goes at it with Rollins but Ryback nails Cena with a chair. Ryback stands over Cena and yells, “Ryback Rules!” RAW goes off the air with Ryback standing over Cena.