WWE Monday Night RAW
Location: Birmingham, AL
Date: February 1, 2016
Tonight’s WWE RAW opens up with the standard intro video. Michael Cole welcomes us to RAW from Birmingham, Alabama and he’s joined by Byron Saxton and JBL.
We go right to the ring and here comes Brock Lesnar with Paul Heyman to a big pop.
Fans chant “Suplex City” before Heyman takes the mic and does the introductions. He brings up The Wyatt Family plotting on Lesnar in the Royal Rumble match. Heyman says they failed and Lesnar will get them back. Heyman says that puts us on the track to WWE Fastlane. He says Stephanie McMahon did what’s “beast” for business by putting Lesnar in the main event with Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose. Heyman says Lesnar has authorized him to let us know that at Fastlane, Lesnar will imprison both Reigns and Ambrose into Suplex City. Lesnar will F5 Reigns and Ambrose. Lesnar will stack one on top of the other, pin them both at the same time, then go on to the main event of WrestleMania 32. Lesnar will then conquer the billion dollar trophy husband to once again become the reigning, undisputed WWE World Heavyweight Champion. Heyman starts ripping on Ambrose until the music hits and out comes the WWE Intercontinental Champion to a pop.
Ambrose comes to the ring and meets Lesnar in the middle. He calls Heyman “porky” and asks who is he calling a nut job. Ambrose says he’s never been in the lair of a beast before but it’s cozy. Ambrose told himself before he came out that this may be a bad idea. Ambrose tells Lesnar he may look crazy but he’s not crazy, he’s not stupid and he’s not scared of Lesnar. Ambrose says he does respect Lesnar; he has all the respect in the world for Lesnar, which is why he wanted to come out and look Lesnar in the eye to tell him he wants the title. Ambrose says he wants the title so bad he’s going to fight his own brother for it. He’s also going to fight Lesnar for it. Ambrose says he doesn’t really want to fight Lesnar, who would? Ambrose knows the beatings he’s going to get from Reigns and Lesnar at Fastlane. Ambrose says he can be suplexed all over the place and he hopes Lesnar is prepared to give the worst beating he’s ever given. Ambrose says he’s the Iron Man of WWE and he proves that every single night. Ambrose says he will drag his broken body to WrestleMania and take the title from Triple H. Out of respect, Ambrose just wanted to come tell Lesnar that. He tells Heyman he just wanted to come see what the fuss was about, drops the mic and walks off as his music hits. Heyman and Lesnar look on and Lesnar laughs. They talk about Ambrose between themselves and Lesnar doesn’t seem intimidated.
– Still to come, Kevin Owens vs. Dolph Ziggler. Also, Kalisto vs. Rusev. We see the US Champion walking backstage as we go to commercial.
WWE United States champion Kalisto vs. Rusev in a non-title match
Back from the break and out comes WWE United States Champion Kalisto for a non-title match. We see Alberto Del Rio at ringside for commentary. Del Rio vs. Kalisto for the title is announced for Fastlane. Rusev and Lana are out next.
Lots of back and forth for the first few minutes of the match. Rusev drops Kalisto with an elbow and stomps on him. Rusev beats Kalisto around the ring now. Kalisto fights off a powerbomb and sends Rusev over the top rope. Kalisto leaps out but Rusev kicks him in mid-air. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and Rusev is in control. Rusev with a big slam out of the corner for a 2 count. Rusev runs into an elbow in the corner, then a kick. Kalisto with a big tornado DDT. Kalisto with kicks and a springboard. Kalisto makes a comeback but Rusev catches a crossbody and slams Kalisto hard for a 2 count. Kalisto makes another comeback and kicks Rusev to the floor. Kalisto charges with another kick as Del Rio looks on. Kalisto goes to the top but Rusev catches him on the floor. Kalisto slides out of a fall-away slam and kicks Rusev into the steel steps. Rusev tosses Kalisto over the announce table but he lands on his feet. Kalisto with a hurricanrana off the announce table, sending Rusev to Del Rio’s feet. Kalisto makes it back in the ring and wins by count out.
Winner: Kalisto by count-out
– After the match, Kalisto escapes the ring as Del Rio tries to attack him. Kalisto celebrates on the ramp as Del Rio and Rusev look on from the ring.
– Still to come, Miz TV with AJ Styles. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and Roman Reigns is looking at the WWE World Heavyweight Title belt with Dean Ambrose backstage. The title is on display in Stephanie McMahon’s office. Stephanie walks in and taunts Reigns for losing the title at the Rumble. Reigns says their days with the title are numbered because after Fastlane, he or Ambrose will be the #1 contender and they’re coming for Triple H at WrestleMania. Stephanie goes on and tries to start problems between the two. She asks how much longer Ambrose wants to be Reigns’ sidekick. Ambrose jokes that Reigns is usually his sidekick. Stephanie’s tricks aren’t working. She announces Reigns and Ambrose vs. The New Day in the main event. Fans chant for The New Day as she dismissed them.
– We go to the announcers to talk about Nikki Bella‘s neck surgery she had this past week. Renee Young is backstage with Brie Bella tonight. She says Nikki is “fearless” as always and doctors are very optimistic she will return to the ring. She says Nikki is resting and recovering, watching a lot of WWE Network at home. WWE Divas Champion Charlotte walks up with Ric Flair to interrupt. Brie agrees to pass on Charlotte’s well wishes but Charlotte goes on and pretty much takes credit for Nikki needing surgery. Charlotte brags about being the champion while Nikki is sitting at home enjoying online shopping. The Flairs walk off.
The Usos vs. Curtis Axel and Adam Rose
We go to the ring and out come The Usos. Lilian Garcia calls them Grammy award winners. Back to commercial.
Back from the break and we get a replay of Lilian’s botch. Out come the “Social Outcasts” Heath Slater, Curtis Axel and Adam Rose. They do a quick skit to explain Bo Dallas being absent tonight as he told them last week he wouldn’t be here because he’s in the studio working on his rap music. Back and forth to start the match. Rose takes control and keeps Jey Uso grounded. Slater has been barking orders from ringside and is dancing on the apron now.
After being in the whole time, Jey finally tags to Jimmy Uso and he comes in to clean house. They hit a double superkick on Rose. Jey goes to the top for a big splash and the win.
Winners: The Usos
– After the match, we get replays as The Usos dance.
– The Miz is backstage preparing for Miz TV as we go to commercial.
– Back from the break and The Miz is in the ring for another episode of Miz TV. He says the WWE Universe has been buzzing about AJ Styles since making his debut at the Royal Rumble. Miz goes on and says this forum is all about storytelling, and AJ’s story is truly phenomenal. Miz introduces Styles and out he comes to a pop as we see highlights from his win over Chris Jericho last week.
Miz says everyone wants to know who AJ Styles is but doesn’t let him speak just yet. Miz mocks AJ at one point. He says AJ has always been told he didn’t have the “it” factor. Miz talks about how AJ was told he was too small for the football team in high school but he made it onto the team and became the best player. Miz says AJ went onto wrestle around the world but always wondered what it was like to stand in a WWE ring. AJ is just looking on and smiling through all of this. Miz talks about AJ being in the Royal Rumble match and says it must have been the most important moment in AJ’s life. Miz is still talking and brings up the Jericho match last week. Miz asks where AJ goes from here but still doesn’t let him speak. Miz says AJ reminds him of his other protégé, Daniel Bryan. Miz asks if everyone remembers Bryan and some chant “yes!” back. Miz says Bryan didn’t achieve true greatness until Miz took him under his wing. Miz says some call him the father of the Yes Movement and a big “no!” chant breaks out. Miz says he has AJ on the show tonight because he wants to be AJ’s mentor and take him to heights he’s never been before.
Fans boo Miz and he talks more trash. Miz asks who the hell is AJ Styles anyway. He says there’s probably a reason why our little cult hero never made it to WWE. Miz goes on and says AJ will drown in this ocean full of sharks if he keeps listening to the fans. Fans chant for AJ. Miz calls AJ a rookie redneck and asks if fans really think he can make it in WWE without Miz’s guidance. Miz says there’s no chance in hell. He turns around to AJ attacking him. AJ beats Miz into the corner and unloads on him. AJ tosses Miz across the ring into one of the chair. AJ beats on him some more until Miz escapes up the ramp. AJ yells at him as his music hits. AJ stands tall and we get replays.
– We get a look back at Ambrose and Lesnar from earlier tonight. Still to come, Reigns and Ambrose vs. The New Day. Back to commercial.
Brie Bella vs. WWE Divas champion Charlotte in a non-title match
Back from the break and out comes Brie Bella with Alicia Fox. We see WBC Heavyweight Champion boxer Deontay Wilder at ringside. WWE Divas Champion Charlotte is out next with Ric Flair for this non-title match.
Charlotte does some push-ups to start. Brie unloads on Charlotte and takes control of the match. Brie with the “yes!” kicks. She calls for “Brie Mode” and charges but gets pushed through the ropes, to the floor. Charlotte brings Brie back in and talks trash while slamming her into the mat. Charlotte with a 2 count as Flair looks on. Brie fights to her feet but Charlotte slams her back down by her hair. Charlotte with the head scissors now. She slams Brie’s head into the mat with the scissors. Alicia tries to rally for Brie. Brie ducks a kick and hits a pair of clotheslines. Brie with a running bulldog for a 2 count.
Brie keeps control and hits the running knee to the face. She goes up top but Charlotte knocks her down. Brie ends up on Charlotte’s back with a sleeper hold. Flair gets on the apron and tries to distract the referee. Alicia comes over and yells at Flair to get down. Charlotte finally breaks the sleeper as Flair is still yelling at Alicia and dancing on the apron. Charlotte goes for the Figure Eight but Brie rolls her up for the non-title win.
Winner: Brie Bella
– After the match, Charlotte clutches her title as Brie and Alicia head up the ramp celebrating.
– We get a look back at Big Show assisting with The Wyatt Family on SmackDown. Still to come, Show vs. Erick Rowan. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and the announcers send well wishes to WWE Hall of Famer Bret Hart as he battles prostate cancer.
Big Show vs. Erick Rowan
We go to the ring and out comes Erick Rowan, Luke Harper and Braun Strowman. As noted, Bo Dallas and Bray Wyatt are off RAW tonight as their grandfather WWE Hall of Famer Blackjack Mulligan has been hospitalized in Florida. Big Show is out next to a pop.
Show grabs part of the steel steps and threatens Braun with them before entering the ring. The bell rings and Rowan charges but Show beats on him. Rowan fires back with an elbow to the jaw. Rowan goes for a suplex but Show blocks it and hits one of his own. Show with a clothesline and a big shove. Show with the splash in the corner and a shoulder. Harper gets on the apron but Show knocks him off. Braun gets on the apron but Show knocks him off and into the announce table. Show grabs Rowan for a chokeslam and the win.
Winner: Big Show
– After the bell, Show stands up and is ready to fight. Braun enters the ring and they stare each other down. Braun attacks and beats Show down to one knee. Harper joins in but Show fights them both off for a minute. Braun and Harper beat on Show until Rowan joins in and they get him down. The beatdown on Show continues for a few minutes as fans boo. They pull Show from the ring and send him into the steps shoulder first. Harper with a big superkick. Rowan and Braun double slam Show on top of the steps. Harper yells and the graphic flashes as we go to commercial.
– Back from the break and we see what just happened to Big Show.
Titus O’Neil vs. Tyler Breeze
We go to the ring and out comes Titus O’Neil. The announcers talk about how he surprised honor roll students with lunch and a trip to SmackDown last week. Tyler Breeze is out next.
We get a sidebar video from earlier today with Breeze ripping on how Titus looks. They lock up and Titus tosses Breeze into the corner but runs into a boot. Breeze comes off the second rope and Titus catches him. Titus with backbreakers before tossing Breeze across the ring. Titus barks and hits the big running splash in the corner. Breeze takes the knee out and brings Titus to the mat. Breeze uses the ring post and comes back in to keep focus on the leg. Breeze with a 1 count and another pin attempt out of frustration. Breeze drops an elbow on the leg and applies a half crab.
Breeze tries to drag Titus in the corner but Titus tosses him by his arm. Titus gets up and hits a big clothesline. Titus manhandles Breeze some more and catches him in Clash of the Titus for the win.
Winner: Titus O’Neil
– After the match, we go to replays as the announcers talk about how Titus is improving each week.
– Brock Lesnar is backstage talking to Paul Heyman when WWE World Heavyweight Champion Triple H walks in. He asks for Heyman to give them a second to talk in private. Heyman leaves. Triple H asks if he really saw little Dean Ambrose get in Lesnar’s face and then live to tell the story. Triple H asks if things are getting soft in Suplex City. Lesnar laughs and says he guesses we’ll find out at WrestleMania. Triple H says he’s looking forward to it. Lesnar agrees and says he will see Triple H there. Triple H nods and leaves as we go to commercial.
Kevin Owens vs. Dolph Ziggler
Back from the break and Dolph Ziggler is out. Kevin Owens is out next. Ziggler immediately goes for a superkick but Owens ducks out of the ring. They fight some on the floor before Owens takes control inside. Owens beats Ziggler around and talks trash. Ziggler nails a big dropkick and Owens goes back to the floor. Ziggler follows but Owens catches him and throws him into the timekeeper’s area. Owens goes back into the ring as we go to commercial.
Back from the break and Owens is in control. Owens keeps Ziggler down with a headlock while talking more trash. Ziggler breaks it but misses a kick. Owens whips Ziggler face first into the turnbuckles and he hits hard. Ziggler falls to the mat. Owens with the corner cannonball and a 2 count. Owens puts the boots to Ziggler now.
Ziggler fights back but Owens drops him with a big right hand. Owens with a 2 count and more trash talking. Owens stomps away now. Owens clubs Ziggler and tells the referee Ziggler can’t continue. Owens with a clothesline. He misses the running senton after saying it’s for Cole. Owens charges in the corner and runs into the ring post as Ziggler moves. Ziggler comes back with three splashes in the corner. Owens blocks a fourth with a big clothesline. Ziggler avoids a pop-up powerbomb and sends Owens to the apron. Ziggler knocks Owens to the floor with a superkick. Ziggler goes to the floor and hits a Fame-asser as the referee counts them both.
Ziggler brings it back in the ring for a close 2 count. Owens shakes Ziggler off and nails a big superkick for a close 2 count. Owens stomps and steps on Ziggler. He yells to the crowd and goes to the top. Ziggler runs up and meets him at the top. Owens sends Ziggler to the mat with a headbutt. Ziggler runs back up and Owens leaves him upside down. Owens hits a cannonball while Ziggler is upside down. Owens goes for the pop-up powerbomb but Ziggler lands on his feet and hits the Zig Zag for the win.
Winner: Dolph Ziggler
– After the match, Ziggler recovers as we go to replays. Ziggler leaves and greets fans on the way out. Owens recovers at ringside in front of the announcers table and throws some papers at Cole.
– Cole leads us to a Black History Month video for Mark Henry.
– Still to come, Reigns and Ambrose vs. The New Day. Back to commercial.
Sasha Banks vs. Becky Lynch
Back from the break and out comes Sasha Banks by herself. She takes the mic and says she is back and this time it’s on her own terms. No more sitting in the back and watching Divas take her spotlight. That’s why she’s on her own. She says nothing will stop her from being Divas Champion. She addresses WWE Divas Champion Charlotte, saying Becky Lynch and Brie Bella can’t compare to her because she’s The Boss. Naomi‘s music hits and pout she comes with Tamina Snuka. Naomi says this is a proud moment for them to see “babygirl” spread her wings. Sasha says this isn’t anything against them. Naomi enters the ring and says they’re veterans, so they understand. Naomi says they can be competitors and still be sisters. Sasha asks if they came out to give her a blessing. They agree and Sasha says she still wants them to have unity. Naomi still seems hesitant but they appear to be on the same page, for now. Becky Lynch’s music hits and out she comes to a pop. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and the match starts. Back and forth to start. Becky with arm drags. Sasha gets the upperhand after more back and forth. Sasha kicks Becky off the apron. Tamina grabs her for Naomi to hit her but Sasha comes out and gets in the way. Sasha says she doesn’t need them out here, she’s got this. Sasha rolls Becky back in and has words with Naomi and Tamina after they walk up on her. She shoves them. She goes back in the ring but they pull her out for the disqualification.
Winner by DQ: Sasha Banks
– Naomi and Tamina beat on Sasha at ringside until Becky comes over. Naomi rolls Becky in and Tamina rolls Sasha in. Becky and Sasha fight back and stand tall in the ring. A big NXT chant starts up as Sasha’s music hits and the two teams stare each other down.
– JBL leads us to a preview for tonight’s “Legends with JBL” episode with WWE Hall of Famer Ron Simmons.
– Back from the break and we get a look back at AJ Styles vs. Chris Jericho from last week’s RAW. Renee Young is backstage with Jericho now. She asks about that match. Jericho says everyone is talking about AJ except Jericho, because Jericho is thinking about him. Jericho says everything about that match was tremendous, except the outcome. Jericho says it proved to him that AJ is here for the long haul and is the real deal. He proved it again by beating on Miz tonight. Jericho says he will be paying close attention to what happens between Styles and Miz on SmackDown. Jericho says he’s taking this very serious and can’t wait to see what happens.
– R-Truth finds Goldust in a bathroom stall and all Goldust wants is for Truth to be his tag team partner. “Golden Truth” is a hot name he says. Truth says he doesn’t want to tag with Goldust… because he’s a weirdo. Truth says Goldust has “doo doo” on his foot. Goldust brings up Little Jimmy and says he was imaginary. It appears Truth’s feelings are hurt as he walks off.
Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose vs. WWE tag team champions The New Day in a non-title match
We go to the ring and out come WWE Tag Team Champions The New Day. They hit the ring and Xavier Woods plays Francesca 2. Big E and Kofi Kingston dance as we go to commercial.
Back from the break and Paul Heyman is out for commentary. The New Day are in the ring ripping on The Rock and the “foul language” he used on RAW. They’re going to beat up on Rock’s cousin and his friend tonight, laying them to rest. They dance and get a chant going until the music interrupts and out comes Roman Reigns through the crowd, to a pop. WWE Intercontinental Champion Dean Ambrose is out next to a pop.
Kofi starts off with Reigns as Woods looks on from ringside. Kofi with a headlock and some other holds. Kofi shoves Reigns away and gets hype after the series of holds. Kofi with a headlock. Kofi with more offense but Reigns drops him with a right hand. Ambrose comes in and works Kofi over in the corner. Ambrose with a slam and a clothesline. Ambrose eats chops in the corner and tells Kofi to bring it. Ambrose turns it around and unloads. He slams Kofi and Reigns tags back in. Reigns drops an elbow for a 2 count on Kofi. Reigns and Kofi go at it. Reigns drops him with a big boot. Reigns readies for a Superman punch but Kofi is pulled to safety. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and The New Day is in control. Big E goes on and attempts the apron splash on Reigns but Reigns moves and Big E lands hard. Ambrose comes in and goes at it with Big E. Ambrose with a shoulder and the bulldog. Kofi comes in but Ambrose throws him to the floor and follows. Ambrose launches Kofi into the barrier. He comes back in and dumps Big E over the top. Ambrose runs the ropes and dives out, sending Big E into the announce table. Ambrose rolls Big E back in. Woods runs over and drops Ambrose while Kofi has the referee distracted
Kofi tags in and kicks Ambrose in the face from the apron. Kofi brings it back in for a 2 count. Kofi and Big E do quick tags and stomps on Ambrose in the corner. Big E ends up with Ambrose in an abdominal stretch. It’s broken but Big E drops him for a 2 count. Kofi comes back in as Woods runs his mouth at ringside. Kofi with a knee and a slam. Kofi goes to the top but comes down on top of a big right hand. Big E tags in and stops Ambrose from tagging. Ambrose counters and suplexes Big E. Reigns tags in with Kofi. Reigns drops him twice as fans boo. Reigns with a big clothesline and another slam. Reigns with big shots in the corner as fans count along. Big E ends up tagging in but Reigns hits him with a Samoan Drop.
Ambrose tags in and hits a big elbow off the top on Big E for a 2 count as Kofi breaks it. He tosses Ambrose to the floor. Woods beats on Ambrose but gets hit with a big clothesline. Kofi comes out but Reigns nails a big right hand off the steel steps. Big E slams Reigns on top of the announce table. Big E goes back in the ring and clotheslines Ambrose. Reigns saves Ambrose with a Superman punch on Kofi. Ambrose hits Dirty Deeds on Big E for the win.
Winners: Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns
– After the match, Brock Lesnar’s music hits and out he comes. The New Day attacks from behind and beats on Reigns and Ambrose while they’re staring at Lesnar. Lesnar stops and laughs while Reigns and Ambrose fight The New Day off. Reigns takes Kofi to the floor. Lesnar runs in the ring and lays Ambrose out with a F5. Reigns is down on the floor with Kofi. Lesnar laughs as he stands over Ambrose and his music hits. Lesnar doesn’t hang around long and exits the ring with Heyman behind him. RAW goes off the air with Lesnar looking back at the ring.