Location: Brooklyn, NY
Date: August 23, 2015
Commentators: Michael Cole, JBL, and Jerry Lawler
The 2015 WWE SummerSlam Kickoff pre-show opens live from the Barclays Center in Brooklyn with Renee Young, Corey Graves, Byron Saxton and Booker T. We see fans finding their seats in the background.
– We go backstage to Tom Phillips in the social media lounge. Fans can submit questions for Neville and Stephen Amell with the Twitter hashtag #WWEArrows. Phillips shows us some of the fan art that has been made for this match. We go back to the panel and they talk about Jon Stewart hosting tonight’s show. The panel discusses tonight’s match with Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose vs. The Wyatt Family. Booker says he’s going with the “craziest team” but they’re not sure which is the craziest. We get a video for Brock Lesnar vs. The Undertaker.
– We see Jon Stewart backstage talking to John Cena about Seth Rollins. Stewart introduces his son and gets him an autograph. Stewart jokes like he’s going to sell the autograph because he’s retired and needs money now. We get a video for tonight’s “Winner Takes All” co-main event. The panel talks about the match next. Booker says Cena is fighting for his legacy and this is big. Graves says Rollins hasn’t received the respect he deserves since being champion. We get a video with highlights from SummerSlam week in New York City. We get discussion for Cesaro vs. Kevin Owens now. Graves predicts Owens, Saxton wonders if Owens can even walk after last night. Owens comes walking over to the panel as fans pop. Booker backtracks on his comments about Owens being jealous of Cesaro. Owens says Cesaro is the one who’s jealous. Owens says he’s going to turn the “Cesaro Section” into the “silent section” tonight. Owens yells in Booker’s face, asking if he “digs that” before walking off. We get a video for tonight’s Divas Revolution match.
– Booker likes Team PCB for tonight’s match, Saxton picks Team BAD and Graves reminds us that Team Bella has stepped up lately. We go to another break. We get discussion for tonight’s WWE Tag Team Title and WWE Intercontinental Title matches. They also discuss Sheamus vs. Randy Orton. Rich Brennan gets comments from Sheamus backstage and he’s ready to put Orton away. JoJo is backstage with Stephanie McMahon. She says tonight’s match will establish the dominant Divas team. She says all of the Divas division has risen to the occasion since her announcement on RAW a few weeks back. She talks about women being dominant worldwide, naming Ronda Rousey, Serena Williams and the two women who finished the Army Rangers course. JoJo asks for a prediction and Stephanie won’t give one but says she’s anxious to see who wins because “to the victor goes the spoils.”
– We end up backstage with Phillips, Neville and Stephen Amell for fan questions. Neville says the biggest road block he’s had is his size because WWE is the land of the giants. They say “never say never” in regards to Neville possibly appearing on Neville. Amell admits he is nervous for his debut and touts how big SummerSlam at the Barclays Center is. He says he’s always nervous but in a positive way… such as before big scenes on set. Neville says they’re making sure this match won’t be forgotten tonight. We go back to the panel for discussion on Rusev vs. Dolph Ziggler. We come back from a break for discussion on tonight’s main event. Graves goes with Lesnar, Saxton goes with The Undertaker and Booker believes Taker will dominate. We go to a video for Taker and Brock to wrap up the pre-show.
– The 2015 WWE SummerSlam pay-per-view kicks off with Lilian Garcia introducing host Jon Stewart. Stewart is in the ring and welcomes Brooklyn to SummerSlam. The Barclays Center is packed. Stewart says we’re here for a historic show with ten of the best bouts we’ve ever seen. Stewart says he spent the past 16 years talking about politics but it’s nice to be back in reality. Stewart says the performers tonight respect their audience, unlike politicians. He names off the various Superstars competing tonight and they get booed or cheered. Stewart says he’s one of the guys still upset about The Streak ending. He wanted to come to Brooklyn to tell Brock Lesnar how he feels but as a small weak man, he knew he needed backup. Stewart thought he would interview Lesnar tonight but brought some help… WWE Hall of Famer Mick Foley, who comes out to a pop.
Foley heads to the ring as Michael Cole welcomes us. He’s joined by JBL and Jerry Lawler. Fans chant for Foley and he does the “cheap pop” for Brooklyn. Foley talks about Stewart calling him the other day and he misunderstood, Foley thought Stewart wanted him to come help interview The Rock, not Brock. Foley says he’s terrified of Lesnar. Stewart brings up Hell In a Cell and says it inspired him, so why is Foley scared of Lesnar? Foley says that was 17 years ago. Foley says he’s never visited Suplex City and won’t change that now. Foley says Stewart is on his own. Stewart changes his mind and just wants to get to the matches. They leave to Foley’s music and we go to an opening video for SummerSlam.
Sheamus vs. Randy Orton
We come back to the pyro going off inside the Barclays Center. Lilian Garcia makes the introductions as Randy Orton makes his way out to a pop. Cole points out the Spanish and German announce teams at ringside. Sheamus is out next to mostly boos.
The bell rings and fans start “you look stupid” chants. Orton immediately goes for the RKO but Sheamus escapes to the floor. He takes a mic, stands on top of the announce table and says he does not look stupid, the fans do. Sheamus we will respect the hawk. Orton comes and trips him before bringing him in the ring with offense. Orton nails a dropkick. Orton gets sent to the floor and Sheamus runs over him with a forearm. Sheamus rolls him back in and goes to the top for a big knee drop. Sheamus with a 2 count. Sheamus with another knee and more stomps. Sheamus sends Orton to the corner and shows off before stomping some more.
Sheamus with a pair of backbreakers. He puts another knee in the back and applies a headlock. Orton makes a comeback with uppercuts but Sheamus drops him with an elbow. Sheamus applies another headlock as the “ole!” chants start up. They get to their feet and Orton fights out. Sheamus takes back control and hits a big knee lift. Orton comes right back with two clotheslines. Sheamus blocks the powerslam. Orton with the backbreaker. Sheamus blocks the draping DDT. Orton blocks the rolling senton and hits an exploder suplex sending Sheamus over the top rope. Orton brings Sheamus back in the ring and clotheslines him in the corner. Orton mounts Sheamus with right hands now.
Sheamus fights out and powerslams Orton for a 2 count. Sheamus with a submission but Orton manages to get the bottom rope. Orton kicks Sheamus away and dodges a Brogue Kick. Orton with a powerslam for a 2 count. Orton runs into a boot but hits a draping DDT from the top turnbuckle. Orton gets hype as the crowd gets louder and chants for the RKO. Orton drops to the mat but Sheamus rolls to the apron. Sheamus blocks the DDT and hits Orton with forearms to the chest as fans boo. Sheamus hits a right hand to the face and Orton elbows him. Sheamus launches himself in with the battering ram but Orton catches him in mid-air with a big RKO. Sheamus avoids a pin by rolling out to the floor. Orton brings Sheamus back in and waits.
Orton readies for a punt kick but Sheamus dodges it and hits White Noise for a 2 count. The “you look stupid” chants start again. Sheamus poses and readies for a Brogue Kick. Orton turns around and sidesteps it. Sheamus blocks the RKO. Sheamus nails a Brogue Kick in the corner. Orton stumbles out of the corner and Sheamus nails another Brogue Kick for the win.
– After the match, Sheamus raises his Money In the Bank briefcase over Orton as we go to replays.
– We get video of two fans who won a Draft Kings contest to come to New York City for SummerSlam Week. They’re sitting at ringside tonight and were at ringside for WWE NXT “Takeover: Brooklyn” last night.
Fatal 4-way match for the WWE tag team titles: The New Day vs. The Lucha Dragons vs. Los Matadores vs. WWE tag team champions The Prime Time Players
We go to the ring and out comes Xavier Woods, Big E and Kofi Kingston in new gold & white gear. Woods rips New York City for being dirty and brags on how clean they look in their gear. Kofi says NYC knows nothing about hip-hop and says it originated in the South. They hit the ring and knocks Jay-Z before singing a song to the tune of his “Empire State of Mind” single. They feel they nailed it and fans start chanting “New Day sucks” before Sin Cara and Kalisto make their entrance and Eden does the introductions.
Fernando and Diego are out next with El Torito. WWE Tag Team Champions Darren Young and Titus O’Neil are out next. Titus starts with Big E. Kofi immediately tags himself in, throws Titus out and tries to pin Big E for the win but Titus breaks it up. Sin Cara comes in and goes at it with Kofi now. Cara blocks a springboard and rolls Kofi up for 2. Kalisto tags in for some double teaming with Cara for a 2 count. Kofi tags in Big E as Woods yells from ringside. Big E slaps Kalisto and laughs. Kalisto fights back with kicks and trips Big E before kicking him in the face. Kalisto with a 2 count. Kalisto with another nice kick off the ropes. Young comes in and rolls Kalisto up for 2. Good sequence between Young and Kalisto as fans applaud. They lock up and Young takes it to the corner. Kofi tags himself in and Young tosses him. Young with a clothesline on Kofi. Young with more offense on Kofi and a neckbreaker for a 2 count.
Young sends Kofi to the floor with a big right hand. While Young is lying on the apron, Big E runs and nails a huge splash. Diego tags in and works over Young for a 2 count. Fernando tags in for a double team move and a 2 count. Kofi tags himself in and Fernando isn’t happy. Kofi stomps away on Young in the corner. Big E tags in with more stomps. Kofi with another tag and stomps. They keep this up as Woods runs his mouth at ringside. Kofi with a 2 count on Young. Kofi with a headlock now. Young fights back but Kofi beats him into the corner and Big E comes in for the double team but it’s almost botched as Kofi nearly hits Big E with a knee in the head. Big E with an abdominal stretch on Young now. Big E slaps on Young’s ribs to the tune of fans chanting “New Day sucks.” Young fights back but Big E drops him with an elbow for a 2 count. Kofi comes back in and keeps Young in their corner. Young decks Kofi and Big E twice. Kofi comes off the top but Young catches him in an inverted atomic drop. Titus finally comes in and runs over Kofi. He knocks Big E off the apron. He knocks Sin Cara off the apron also. Kofi eats a big boot. Kalisto comes off the ropes but Titus catches him and tosses him. Titus takes out Los Matadores next, manhandling them also. Titus gets a big pop and fans bark as he splashes Kofi and Diego in the corner. He clotheslines Kofi to the floor. Fernando tags in and hits a crossbody on Titus for a 2 count as Cara saved it. Cara tries to dive out onto Fernando but gets met with a dropkick. Fernando and Titus are legal. Woods pushes Fernando off the top but Torito leaps out onto Woods. Woods catches Torito and plans him on his face on the floor.
Young ends up slamming Woods on the apron. Big E spears Young and they land hard on the floor. Fans chant “this is awesome” now. Cara comes in with Fernando on the top. Kalisto comes over to assist for a top rope double team move but Fernando falls to the floor on accident. Diego comes up to the top and they go for a double superplex but Titus runs over and brings all three of them to the mat. Titus with Clash of the Titus for the pin but Kofi runs in, nails him and steals the pin on one of the Los Matadores for the win.
Winners and new WWE tag team champions: The New Day
– We go to replays and The New Day celebrates with their titles as the crowd gets loud.
– Stewart is backstage trying to get more autographs for his son, this time Stephen Amell and Neville. The lights go low and smoke fills the room as Stardust plays mind games.
Rusev vs. Dolph Ziggler
We go to the ring and out comes Dolph Ziggler and Lana. Lana has ditched the business suits and is wearing a denim outfit to look like Ziggler. Rusev is out next with Summer Rae. They have words to start the match and Ziggler unloads on Rusev. Rusev comes back and goes for a suplex but Ziggler dropkicks him. Ziggler takes it to the corner and mounts Rusev with right hands as fans count along. Rusev sends him to the mat. Ziggler misses a splash in the corner.
Rusev takes control and works Ziggler over for a 2 count. More offense by Rusev as he takes his time now. Rusev talks some trash and applies a bear hug and wears Ziggler down for a few minutes. Rusev with a big sideslam for another 2 count. Ziggler fights back but Rusev presses him high. Ziggler turns it into a DDT and they both go down as Lana looks on. They get to their feet and trade shots in the middle of the ring. Rusev misses in the corner as Ziggler moves. Ziggler unloads and hits a splash in the corner, then a neckbreaker. Ziggler drops an elbow for a 1 count. Rusev ends up hitting a heel kick for a close 2 count. Rusev gets frustrated as Summer looks on.
Rusev goes to the top but Ziggler runs up and brings him down face first into the mat. Ziggler with a 2 count. Rusev blocks a superkick and slams Ziggler on his head. Rusev runs the ropes and hits an impressive somersault senton for a 2 count. Ziggler ducks the big kick but Rusev catches him. Ziggler with a sunset flip for a 2 count. Rusev misses again and Ziggler applies a sleeper hold. More back and forth. Ziggler hits the Fame-asser for a 2 count. Ziggler jumps on Rusev’s back but gets pushed off. Rusev puts Ziggler on his face again and hits a big kick. Rusev calls for the crush and stomps on Ziggler’s back. He applies The Accolade and Lana comes over to cheer on Ziggler. Summer confronts her and gets dropped with a slap. Rusev breaks the hold and yells at Lana. Ziggler rolls to the floor as fans chant for Lana.
Rusev follows and holds Ziggler in front of Lana as she yells. Summer drops Lana with a big shot. Ziggler recovers and superkicks Rusev onto the announce table, laying him out. Ziggler tries to make it back in the ring but they both get counted out.
Winner: Double count-out
– After the announcement, fans boo. Ziggler goes after Rusev but Rusev hits him and bring it in the ring. Ziggler turns it around and beats on Rusev. Summer comes in to push him off. Lana makes the save and they have a catfight. Ziggler and Rusev separate them but fans want more. Rusev exits with Summer from the ramp while Lana and Ziggler look on from the ring. Ziggler’s music hits to end it.
– The announcers lead us to a video for the next match.
Stardust and King Barrett vs. Neville and Stephen Amell
We go to the ring and out first comes King Barrett followed by Stardust. Neville is out next to a good reaction. Stephen Amell comes out in just black tights and boots, not really a special entrance or anything. The cameras didn’t show that much of him either. Neville starts off with Barrett and they go at it. Neville hits a big crossbody and scissors takedown early on.
Stardust comes in but says he doesn’t want Neville, he wants Amell. The crowd pops and in comes Neville. He springboards right into Stardust’s face. A surprised Stardust shoves him to the mat. Amell comes back and kicks Stardust to the mat. They both go to their corners and regroup. Stardust drops Amell with a strike and toys with him. Amell lands on his feet from a backdrop and hits a hip toss.
Barrett tags in and takes Amell to the corner. Barrett with a right hand and a kick as the referee warns him. Barrett ends up dropping Amell with a big kick after Amell plays leap frog. Barrett mocks him and stomps. Stardust tags back in and stomps away in the corner. Barrett comes back in and hits Amell with knees on the ropes, knocking him out to the floor. Barrett distracts the referee while Stardust hits Amell on the floor. Barrett brings it back in and tags in Stardust for some double teaming. Stardust talks trash and suplexes Amell up before dropping him on his face for a 2 count. Amell goes for a kick but it’s caught. Amell nails an enziguri and Stardust goes down.
Neville and Barrett come in. Neville unloads to a pop. He hits a forearm and a kick in the corner. Neville goes up and hits a back flip from the second rope for a 2 count as Stardust breaks it up. Stardust and Barrett end up on the floor. Amell comes in and splashes them from the top rope. Amell rolls Barrett back in the ring for Neville to hit Red Arrow and get the win.
Winners: Stephen Amell and Neville
– After the match, Amell and Neville celebrate as we go to replays. We see Stardust looking on from the entrance.
– We come back from a break and see the WWE Tough Enough finalists at ringside. The announcers lead us to a video with highlights from SummerSlam Week in New York City.
Triple threat match for the WWE Intercontinental title: Big Show vs. The Miz vs. WWE Intercontinental champion Ryback
We go to the ring and out comes Big Show. The Miz is out next followed by WWE Intercontinental Champion Ryback.
Show and Ryback go to the corner to start. Ryback and Miz end up going for a double suplex on Show but he counters and suplexes both of them at the same time. Miz ends up on the floor while Show goes to the second rope for some kind of senton on Ryback. Show looks like he hurts his back. Miz runs in to take the pin but Ryback kicks out at 2. Show unloads on Ryback and Miz with splashes in the corner now. Ryback takes his knee out. Ryback with a 2 count on Miz. Ryback goes to the top and hits a splash on Miz. Show interrupts and chokeslams Ryback on top of Miz. Show covers Ryback for a 2 count.
Show calls for a knockout punch on Ryback but he ducks it. Ryback with a spinebuster on Show. Ryback with a splash. Ryback gets the “feed me more” chant going and readies for a Meathook. Show grabs hi for a chokeslam. Ryback fights it off and nails Shellshocked on Show. Miz runs in and nails a Skull Crushing Finale on Ryback, stealing the pin for a 2 count. Miz covers Show for a 2 count. And another pin attempt on Ryback, another on Show, another on Ryback, another on Show. Ryback is upset now. He calls Miz stupid and goes for Shellshocked but Show hits a knockout punch on Ryback. Show covers for 2 as Miz breaks it. Miz with a 2 count as Show stops it. Show grabs Miz by his throat. Miz fights out but runs into a knockout punch. Ryback knocks Show over the top rope and steals the pin, covering Miz for the win.
– After the match, Ryback gets a “feed me more” chant going as we get replays.
– We see Jon Stewart knocking on Brock Lesnar’s door backstage. Paul Heyman answers and says now is not a good time. They talk about The Streak and Stewart says wrestling fans were not happy about that and he’s a real wrestling fan. They go back and forth and Heyman knocks Stewart, saying David Letterman must not have been interested in hosting SummerSlam. Heyman goes back in, shuts the door and we hear him ranting about Stewart.
Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose vs. Bray Wyatt and Luke Harper
The lights go out and the Barclays Center lights up with phones as Bray Wyatt and Luke Harper make their way out. Dean Ambrose is out next to a pop. Roman Reigns is out next to some boos as he makes his way through the crowd.
Both teams meet in the middle of the ring and have words before the bell. Harper and Ambrose start it off brawling with each other. Ambrose drops him first and hits right hands. Ambrose with a forearm in the corner and a bulldog. Wyatt comes in but Reigns drops him with a right, sending him to the floor. They also dump Harper to the floor. Ambrose leaps out onto Harper. Reigns goes to the other side for Wyatt but gets slammed into the steps. Ambrose slams Wyatt into the announce table but turns around to a kick from Harper. Reigns runs over and leaps off the steps, taking down Harper. Reigns tosses Wyatt into the timekeeper’s area. Ambrose runs across all three announce tables and leaps onto Wyatt. Harper and Ambrose end up back in the ring now. Ambrose hits a dropkick and tags in Reigns for a big right hand. Ambrose tags right back in for a top rope elbow and a 2 count.
Wyatt distracts Ambrose, allowing Harper to take control. Wyatt goes to the floor and brags to the crowd but Reigns decks him. Wyatt drops Reigns on the apron. Harper runs the ropes and dives out onto Reigns. Harper superkicks Reigns over the announce table. Ambrose leaps out onto Harper and Wyatt but gets floored. The Wyatts stand tall and Bray tags back in to work over Ambrose in the ring. Wyatt ends up on the floor with Ambrose and sends him down head first. Wyatt sends him into the apron and then back in the ring. Wyatt tags Harper back in and sends Ambrose into a big boot. Harper with a 2 count. Harper with a Crossface now. Reigns is still down so Ambrose has nobody to tag. Wyatt keeps control of Ambrose and covers for a close 2 count. Another tag to Harper as they keep Ambrose down.
Wyatt works Ambrose over in the corner as fans chant “Roman’s sleeping” now. Ambrose comes back and nails a clothesline as Reigns finally comes back to the apron. Reigns tags in to boos. He nails a clothesline on Harper and another. Fans boo more. Reigns runs into an elbow but rocks Harper with a right. Harper with a boot. Reigns fights back. Fans cheer when Harper boots Reigns. Reigns with a pair of suplexes. Reigns knocks Wyatt off the apron and Harper kicks him. Harper with the sit-down powerbomb for a close 2 count. Wyatt wants to put Reigns away and Harper agrees. Wyatt tags in and they try for a spiked piledriver but Reigns backdrops Harper. Wyatt takes a Superman punch, falling from the turnbuckles. Harper eats one also. Ambrose tags in. Reigns puts Wyatt on his shoulder and Ambrose connects with the Doomsday Device. Wyatt kicks out at 2 as Harper breaks it up. Reigns stops Harper from powerbombing Ambrose. Reigns powerbombs Harper with an assist from Ambrose. Harper rolls to the floor. Ambrose blocks Sister Abigail and hits Dirty Deeds on Wyatt. Reigns tags in as fans boo. He waits for Wyatt to get up and hits the spear for the win.
Winners: Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose
– After the match, Ambrose and Reigns embrace as we go to replays. We come back to them standing in the ring as Wyatt makes his exit with Harper.
– We get a video for the next match.
“Winner Takes All” match: WWE United States champion John Cena vs. WWE world heavyweight champion Seth Rollins
Back to the ring as WWE United States Champion John Cena makes his way out to mostly boos. As usual, the fans sing their version of Cena’s theme song. WWE World Heavyweight Champion Seth Rollins is out next to a pop. Like The New Day, he’s dressed in new white and gold gear. We get formal ring introductions from Lilian Garcia.
The dueling chants for Cena start before they even lock up. Cena takes Rollins down with a headlock. Rollins comes back and hits a dropkick before mocking Cena. Cena stops Rollins with strikes and takes him back down with a side headlock. Cena with a belly-to-belly suplex for a 2 count. A “Ce-na sucks” chant starts now. Rollins side steps Cena and hits a blockbuster. Rollins sends Cena to the floor with a knee to the back. Rollins dives out and nails it. Rollins goes back in and hits a second dive. He goes back in and leaps onto Cena over the top rope for a third dive. Fans chant for Rollins now. Cena comes back with the shoulders as fans boo. Cena goes for the big slam but Rollins counters and takes him down for another pin attempt. Rollins springboards in but Cena catches him. More back and forth. Cena slams Rollins and goes for the Five Knuckle Shuffle but Rollins kicks him. Rollins goes for a Pedigree but Cena backdrops him. Rollins lands on his feet but Cena hits the springboard back stunner but barely connects. Cena hits the Five Knuckle Shuffle and goes for the Attitude Adjustment but Rollins slides out. Rollins with a Thesz Press off the top and a standing moonsault for a 2 count.
They end up on the top with Rollins. Cena fights Rollins off to the mat. Rollins turns Cena upside down in the corner, taunts him to his face and nails a big double stomp for a 2 count. Rollins argues with the referee. Rollins talks some trash to Cena now and Cena nails the AA for a close 2 count. They trade shots in the middle of the ring now. Rollins goes for a Pedigree but it’s countered. Cena catapults Rollins into the corner but he lands on his feet on the turnbuckle. Cena ends up slamming Rollins flat on his face from his shoulders for a 2 count. Cena hits the top rope leg drop for a 2 count. Cena ends up taking a turnbuckle powerbomb from Rollins. Rollins goes to the top and nails a nice frogsplash for a 2 count. Cena rolls through and lifts Rollins for an AA but Rollins lands on his feet and kicks Cena in the head. Cena with a crossbody but Rollins rolls through and stands up with Cena this time. Rollins goes for Cena’s AA and nails it for a close 2 count.
Rollins goes to the top and lands on his feet. Cena drops him for the STF and locks it in. They trade big move counters and Cena ends up with the Figure Four on Rollins. Rollins turns it around on him and finally they break back to their feet. Cena drops Rollins and goes to the top but he’s slow to get there. Rollins runs up and nails a superplex. Rollins immediately stands up and slams Cena again for a 2 count. Rollins goes back to the top but lands on his knees as Cena moves. Cena nails the AA but the referee was accidentally knocked down. Cena covers but the referee is out. The referee rolls to the floor. Cena realizes what has happened and he calls for another referee.
Cena picks Rollins up but Rollins hits a knee to the nose. Jon Stewart runs down with a steel chair and waits for Rollins to get up. Stewart teases Rollins and then Cena. He ends up hitting Cena in the gut to a huge pop. Stewart puts the chair down and Rollins Pedigrees Cena onto it for the win and all the gold.
Winner and new WWE United States champion: WWE world heavyweight champion Seth Rollins
– After the match, we get replays as Rollins celebrates with his titles. We come back to Rollins standing over Cena as the referee checks on him. Rollins makes his exit.
– We get promos for new WWE Network content and go to the panel for discussion.
Elimination 3-team match: Team PCB vs. Team Bella vs. Team BAD
We go to the ring and Eden explains that teams will be eliminated with just one pin. Team Bella is out first with WWE Divas Champion Nikki Bella, Brie Bella and Alicia Fox. Team BAD is out next with Sasha Banks, Naomi and Tamina Snuka. Team PCB is out next with Paige, Charlotte and Becky Lynch.
Brie and Becky go at it to start the match. Becky takes control and dropkicks Brie. Brie turns it around and hits Becky with a knee to the face. Tamina tags in and superkicks Brie. Tamina works Becky over now and takes her to their corner. Sasha tags in to a pop. She nails Becky and tags in Naomi for some double teaming in the corner. Another tag to Tamina. She slams Becky and drops a knee before tagging Sasha back in. Sasha slaps Becky. Naomi comes right back in with more offense and a leg drop for a 2 count. Fans chant for Sasha to come back in and she does. Becky with a 2 count.
Tamina comes in with a big clothesline on Becky for a 2 count. Tamina ends up on the floor with Becky but gets speared by Charlotte. Naomi and Sasha leap out of the ring, landing on Charlotte and Becky. The Bell Twins come in the ring and get booed. They run the ropes and nail dives out onto the other Divas. Alicia and Paige go at it on the turnbuckles now. Alicia gets pushed on top of the other Divas. Paige says this is her house as she lands on the rest of the Divas. Tamina comes back in with Becky and goes for a Samoan Drop but it’s blocked. Brie tags herself in and plants Tamina face first for the pin. Team BAD is eliminated.
Nikki and Becky go at it now. Nikki hits the Rack Attack but Charlotte and Paige break the pin. Paige tags in and hits the Thesz Press on Nikki. Paige with a running knee in the corner. Paige with more knees to Nikki. Paige with a fall-away slam. She goes for a pin but Nikki rolls out to the floor. Paige misses a baseball slide. Nikki grabs her and hits a hard Alabama Slam on the floor. Nikki comes back in and taunts Charlotte as the referee counts Paige out. She barely makes it back in and Nikki slams her hard for a 2 count. Brie tags in and they double team Paige with a flapjack. 2 count by Brie.
Paige fights to her feet but Brie drops her for a 2 count. Brie unloads with “yes!” kicks on Paige. Alicia comes in and they double team Paige in the corner. Alicia keeps control and puts a knee to Paige’s back now. Paige tries to get a tag but Alicia dropkicks her. Nikki comes back in with a snap suplex for a 2 count on Paige. More offense and another tag to Alicia as they keep Paige cut off from her corner. Paige fights back and nails all three of them. She finally drops Alicia with a knee to the face. She reaches for a tag but Fox holds her foot. Paige slaps her and tags in Charlotte to a pop. Charlotte unloads on Fox. Charlotte with a neckbreaker. She knocks Nikki off the apron and spears Alicia. Charlotte applies the Figure Four and turns it into the Figure Eight but Nikki breaks it up. Paige sends Nikki to the floor and tumbles with her. Charlotte and Fox both nail big boots on each other and go down at the same time.
Brie tags in as Becky comes in. They go at it trading lots of blows. Becky snap mares Brie into the corner but runs into boots. Brie misses the missile dropkick and Becky hits a pumphandle slam for the win.
Winners: Team PCB
– After the match, Charlotte and Paige come in the ring to celebrate with Becky. We see Team Bella looking on from the stage and they’re not happy. Fans cheer as Team PCB poses to Becky’s music.
– We get a WWE 2K16 promo.
Kevin Owens vs. Cesaro
We go to the ring and our first comes Cesaro to a pop. Kevin Owens is out next to another big pop.
We get a look at Owns losing to NXT Champion Finn Balor at Takeover last night. The bell rings and they start brawling. They go to the floor and Owens leaps out onto Cesaro for a big pop. Owens rolls him back in but runs his mouth to Cole, letting Cesaro run the ropes and corkscrew out onto Owens. Cesaro brings it back in the ring and hits a crossbody for a 2 count. Cesaro with a double stomp for another pin attempt. They go back to the floor and Owens cannonballs Cesaro into the barrier. Owens brings it back in for a 2 count.
Owens keeps control and hits two splashes for a 2 count. Owens says that’s why he’s the best before going back to work on Cesaro, applying a headlock. Cesaro gets up and fights back with lefts and rights. Cesaro misses the running uppercut in the corner. Owens grabs Cesaro for a big spinning neckbreaker and a 2 count. Owens drops down on the back of Cesaro’s head for another pin attempt. Owens with another headlock now.
The “ole!” chants start again. Owens slaps Cesaro and taunts him, telling him to stay down. Cesaro comes back and fires away, slamming Owens for a 2 count. Owens comes back and goes to the top but Cesaro cuts him off with uppercuts. He climbs up for a super gutwrench suplex and nails it for a 2 count. Cesaro readies for the Neutralizer but can’t hit it. Cesaro with uppercuts and a knee now. He goes for the Neutralizer again but Owens backdrops him. Owens ends up coming out of the corner with a big tornado DDT and a 2 count. Owens goes back to the corner for a springboard moonsault but Cesaro rolls out of the way. Cesaro with a big uppercut in the corner. Cesaro runs into a superkick for a close 2 count.
Cesaro avoids a pop-up powerbomb and ducks a clothesline, then hits a corkscrew uppercut off the ropes for a 2 count. Owens goes to the floor and Cesaro follows. He drops Owens with an uppercut and brings him back in the ring. Cesaro calls for the Cesaro Swing and hits it. Cesaro goes for the Sharpshooter and gets it locked in. Owens breaks the hold by getting to the rope. They end up in the corner and Cesaro knocks Owens out with a dropkick while he’s perched on top. Cesaro climbs up and tries for some kind of move but Owens crotches him. Owens brings Cesaro to the mat and nails the pop-up powerbomb for the win.
Winner: Kevin Owens
– After the bell, Owens hits the turnbuckles to pose as the referee checks on Cesaro and we go to replays.
– We get a Night of Champions promo.
– They air a video with various stars talking about tonight’s main event.
Brock Lesnar vs. The Undertaker
We go to the ring and out comes Brock Lesnar with Paul Heyman to a big pop. The Undertaker is out next for his grand entrance. Taker enters the ring but Lesnar attacks him before Taker even gets his jacket off. The bell hasn’t even rang. Lesnar beats Taker up but Taker fights back and knocks Lesnar out of the ring. Taker takes his jacket off as Lesnar regroups on the floor.
Lesnar comes in and we get the bell. Lesnar tackles Taker and unload son him. Taker with shots to the jaw that stuns Lesnar. Taker walks the rope but Old School but Lesnar turns it into a F5 attempt. Dueling chants for both men now. That’s blocked with a knee to the gut. Lesnar with shoulder thrusts in the corner now. Lesnar hits a belly to belly after a boot in the corner. Lesnar with a German suplex. Lesnar says, “Suplex City bitch!” and the crowd pops. Lesnar goes for another German but Taker drives him face first into the turnbuckle. Taker nails Snake Eyes and a big boot that sends Lesnar to the floor.
Taker follows and we see that Lesnar’s forehead is busted open. Taker keeps control and rams Lesnar back into the apron as Heyman looks on concerned. Taker with the big leg drop on the apron. They trade jabs and big rights and lefts now. Taker grabs Lesnar’s throat for a chokeslam but Lesnar slides out and turns it into a German. Lesnar with another suplex. Taker tries to fight off another German attempt but Lesnar hits it anyway. Lesnar goes to the floor and takes monitors off the German announce table. Taker follows and hits an elbow to the face. Taker goes for a powerbomb but Lesnar blocks it. Lesnar hits a F5 on Taker, sending him through the announce table.
Fans chant “this is awesome” as Lesnar rolls back in the ring. Taker barely makes it back in the ring before the 10 count. Lesnar waits for Taker to get up and says he’s going to kill him, calling him a son of a bitch. Taker is beat up. He crawls over to Lesnar but collapses. Lesnar smiles. Taker looks up from his knees and says Lesnar will have to kill him. Taker smacks Lesnar and nails a chokeslam. Heyman yells from ringside. Taker scoops Lesnar for a Tombstone and nails it but Lesnar kicks out at 2.
Lesnar sits up and starts laughing. Taker sits up also and laughs in Lesnar’s face, mocking him. They trade blows from the mat and get to their feet. Lesnar with shoulder thrusts in the corner. Lesnar applies the Kimura Lock in the corner but the referee won’t break it. Taker turns that into a Last Ride for a close 2 count. They get up and Lesnar nails a F5 for another close 2 count. They get up and Lesnar hits a third F5 but Taker still kicks out. Taker pulls Lesnar in for Hell’s Gate as Heyman screams from ringside. Lesnar breaks it and applies the Kimura again. Taker turns it into a 2 count. They keep struggling and the bell rings out of nowhere. Referee Charles Robinson yells at the timekeeper, saying he didn’t call for the bell and it was only a 1 count. Heyman is in the ring going nuts. Lesnar is standing but Taker comes from behind with a low blow. Taker applies Hell’s Gate again. Cole says the confusion was over whether or not Taker tapped.
Lesnar gives Taker the middle finger while in Hell’s Gate. He passes out a few seconds later for the win.
Winner: The Undertaker
– After the bell, Taker’s music hits and he makes his exit. We see Lesnar recovering in the ring. Heyman is yelling about how Taker tapped out. We go to replays and see that Taker did tap out. Lesnar and Heyman are pissed at the referee now and he leaves the ring. Heyman goes and starts ringing the bell. He’s pissed, “no! no! no! no! no!” Heyman says he saw it, the timekeeper saw it, everyone else saw it – Taker tapped out and he announces Lesnar is the winner. We go back to replays. Cole says the record books will show Taker as the winner. Lesnar and Heyman make their exit and look back at the crowd as his music plays and SummerSlam goes off the air.