TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION – HOUSE SHOW RESULTS
MONTREAL, QC, CANADA – PIERRE-CHARBONNEAU CENTRE
Reported by Alex Ames:
1. KICKOFF:Â Former WWE wrestler Sylvain Grenier welcomed the Montreal fans to tonight’s show (in french) and then left the ringside area.
– Jeremy Borash then came out, accompanied by So-Cal Val’s replacement for the night.
– JB pumped up the crowd and said TNA cameras were rolling here tonight.
2. MATCH: “the Tennessee Cowboy” James Storm w/ “the Pride of Tennessee” Jackie Moore Vs. “Showtime” Eric Young
– EY came to the ring sporting a Canadian Flag cape. Midway through his run across the ring, to clap the fans’ hands, he stopped, out of breath. (LOL)
– The match was slow to start, a lot of comedy act in the first few minutes.
– Storm hit Young with a beautiful Enziguri while on the apron (and Young inside of the ring)
– Young won with a Small Package.
– After the match, Eric Young invited Storm for an aftermatch beer. Storm accepted and they drank together without any fuss.
3. MATCH: Jimmy Rave Vs. “the Guru” Sonjay Dutt
– Good quick match that ended when Dutt missed a Top Rope Moonsault, landed on his feet, and followed up immediately with a Moonsault on Rave who had rolled away from the first attempt at the maneuver.
4. KNOCKOUTS TAG MATCH: Awesome Kong & “the Pride of Tennessee” Jackie Moore Vs. TNA Knockouts Champion Gail Kim & Ms. Brooks
– Gail Kim & Ms. Brooks defeated Awesome Kong & Jackie Moore after Kim pinned Moore.
– Editor’s Note: The crowd has been screaming their lungs out since the opening of the show, wow!
5. X-DIVISION TITLE MATCH: Johnny Devine Vs. “Black Machismo” Jay Lethal
– Devine cut a promo, speaking in french and insulting the french people.
– Lethal cut a promo and said, “Listen up Shawn Michaels, I know what the people came to see … Ohhhh Yeaahhh!”
– Of course, the belt was nowhere to be found, following the storylines.
– Lethal won after the Top Rope Elbow.
6. MATCH: Robert Roode w/ Ms. Brooks Vs. “the Samoan Submission Machine” Samoa Joe
– Editor’s Note: Loudest ovation of the night was for Joe, people in attendance were going crazy.
– Joe won after he reversed a rollup, hooking Roode’s tights and applying the Kokina Clutch.
– Ms. Brooks was sitting at ringside as always, giving the thumbs down to Roode throughout the match.
7. PROMO: Jeremy Borash announced the intermission and said Samoa Joe would be signing autographs at the merchandising stand for the next 20 minutes.
– Editor’s Note: I rushed to the merchandising stand and got an autograph from Joe.
8. MATCH: “Wildcat” Chris Harris Vs. “the Monster” Abyss
– Harris got mercilessly heckled during the match, people chanting “JOBBER! JOBBER!” to him
– He cut a promo before the show but we could barely hear him because of the chants.
– Abyss won after the Black Hole Slam.
9. TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH: LAX (Hernandez & Homicide) Vs. Tomko & AJ Styles (c)
– Editor’s Note: Best match of the night.
– Editor’s Note: AJ received a great ovation, right up there with Joe’s. And Tomko received maybe the best ovation of his life as well!
– AJ had no belt. They cut a promo on how AJ had forgotten the belt, but AJ said it was in a safe place. Homicide got in three “cheap” punches while AJ was still holding the mic, and then he asked, after the third one, for the ref to start the match.
– The match spilled to the outside and Homicide & AJ came brawling into the crowd. (Editor’s Note: Right next to me)
– Tomko & AJ picked up the win and AJ left with Tomko’s belt.
10. WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT MAIN EVENT TITLE MATCH: “the Instant Classic” Christian Cage Vs. Kurt Angle
– Before the match, Sylvain Grenier reappeared and sat at ringside near JB.
– Angle brought out Earl Hebner, crowd showered him with chants of “YOU SCREWED BRET! YOU SCREWED BRET!” and he sold his dispair perfectly.
– Christian had the second best ovation of the night when he came out.
– Cage said that nobody here cares about him and stupid Olympic Gold Medals he won in the United States.
– Cage told Angle “If you want to impress these people, try and win the Stanley Cup”
– Crowd chanted “GO HABS GO! GO HABS GO!”
– The match was going along just fine until Hebner got knocked down and was holding his ankle.
– Cage hit the Frogsplash but Hebner took too much time getting the cover in.
– Hebner was knocked down by Angle.
– Angle went to the outside to get a Steel Chair & his Belt.
– Angle tried hitting Christian with the Steel Chair but Sylvain Grenier made the save.
– Rudy Charles came down to ringside and told Grenier to back off.
– Meanwhile, Angle hit Cage with a Low Blow Kick and then with the TNA Belt behind his head.
– Angle covered Cage, but Hebner broke the count!
– Hebner than asked for the bell and DQ’ed Angle.
– Cage put Angle in the Sharpshooter and Angle tapped out.
– Cage then took the belt and and said to Angle that it would be his soon.
11. PROMO: Angle cut a promo about him having respect for the TNA fans. He finished up his promo by saying “And Vince McMahon can Kiss My Ass!”
Reported by Alex Ames
You must be logged in to post a comment Login