AS I SEE IT
Pro Wrestling: Between the Sheets PWBTS.com
First and most importantly, condolences go out to the family of Full Impact Pro Wrestling promoter Sal Hammoui; whose wife died suddenly and unexpectedly on Saturday morning. Understandably, the promotion’s events are suspended until further notice, including the December 14th Brooksville, FL show and December 15th show in Crystal River, FL.
To other matters…
Combat Zone Wrestling presents its biggest show of the year Cage of Death IX on Saturday night, December 8th at the ECW (New Alhambra) Arena.
The promotion will hold its third annual Toys for Tots collection at the show. CZW is asking fans to bring an new, unwrapped toy to the show and drop it in the boxes at the front door of the ECW (New Alhambra) Arena.
THE CAGE OF DEATH MATCH/CZW Vs. The MBA
TEAM CZW – “The Psycho Shooter” Drake Younger, Danny Havoc, The Necro Butcher, & “Mr. Insanity” Toby Klein vs. THE MBA – Ultraviolent Underground Champion Brain Damage, “The Lariat” DJ Hyde, Scotty Vortekz, and “Diehard” Dustin Lee
CZW World Jr. Heavyweight title return match/BLKOUT banned from ringside
“The Black Jesus” Sabian vs. “The Missionary of Violence” LuFisto
Lumberjack strap match/CZW fans will be selected as lumberjacks!
“The One Man Army” Lobo vs. Maven T. Bentley, Esq.To provide special promotion for the Toys for Tots toy collection (it’s the third consecutive year CZW has held this collection at their biggest show of the year); CZW inserted a provision to qualify for the drawing to become a fan lumberjack, fans must either purchase a front row ticket (already sold out) or bring a toy for the CZW Toys for Tots program.
Ruckus defends his CZW World Heavyweight Title against “a former CZW champion”
Six-man grudge tag team match
The Miracle Ultraviolence Connection of Brodie Lee, Cheech, and Cloudy vs. Team AnDrew (Andy Sumner and Drew Gulak) with the in-ring return of Nate Hatred
CZW Tag Team Title rematch
Derek Frazier and Niles Young (with Noel Harlow) defend their titles against Danny Demanto and Jon Dahmer
Greg Excellence and CZW academy stand-out LJ Cruz will team up to face Nick Berk, Joe Gacy and Alex Colon in a handicap match
Directions from I-95 north (New York/New England/Central New Jersey)
– Take 95 South to Exit 19 (Front Street exit)
– Make left at light (Front Street)
– Go to next light (Oregon Avenue) make right
– Go under 95 underpass and make first left (Swanson Street)
– Follow Swanson St. 3 blocks to Ritner St.
– Make left at Ritner, and New Alhambra is on the corner
Directions from I-95 south (Delaware/Maryland)
– Take I-95 North to Exit 20 (Washington Avenue)
– Make right at light (Columbus Boulevard) (Staples is on the right side)
– Stay on Columbus to fourthh light which is Snyder Avenue and make right (Bank of America is on corner)
– Go to second stop sign (Swanson Street) and make left (Boston Market on corner)
– Take Swanson Street south 3 blocks to Ritner Street
– New Alhambra is on the corner of Ritner and Swanson
Directions via I-76 east (Schuykill Expressway)
– Take last exit (before Walt Whitman Bridge) exit to Packer Avenue
– At light make left (Holiday Inn across the street)
– Take Packer Avenue to end and at light (Front Street) make left
– Go to second light (Oregon Avenue) and make right
– Go under I-95 underpass and make first left (Swanson Street)
– Follow Swanson Street 3 blocks to Ritner Street
– Make left at Ritner Street
– New Alhambra is on the corner
CZW Tickets are: Front row SOLD OUT/second row $35/third row $30/$25 General Admission.
CZW has announced that there will be a special Cage of Death after party at the new Rick’s Cabaret (formerly Crazy Horse Too), located just a few minutes away from the
the New Alhambra (ECW Arena) on Columbus Avenue. Admission to the Cabaret will be FREE with your Cage of Death ticket, and the club will be open until 2am.
Come and celebrate another memorable Cage of Death with your fellow fans, and a little adult entertainment, CZW style! And stay tuned, because you never know which members of the CZW locker room could show up at the Cabaret to celebrate with you!
Until next time…
If you have comments or questions, or if you’d like to add the AS I SEE IT column to your website, I can be reached by e-mail at [email protected].
If you’d like to add advertising on PWBTS.com (the flagship website of this column), banner ads are available for $400 for one year. These ads would appear on each newspage appearing on the newsboard. Cube ads are available for $200 for one year, which would be placed on the main newsboard page.