The following was transcribed by Andy J of www.wrestlingweekly.com:
On August 14th, Wrestling Weekly host Doc Young and Les Thatcher were joined this week by featured guest, Pitbull #1, Gary Wolf
Wrestling Weekly airs every Tuesday at 8pm Eastern at
Doc and Les discussed the following with Gary Wolf:
– Les began the interview by pointing out that in 1997, â€˜The Pitbullsâ€™ were just about to sign a deal with World Championship Wrestling. Gary Wolf spoke about the team being booked for the December Christmas pay-per-view event against the Stenierâ€™s, which Gary pointed out was going to be their debut.
– Gary Wolf spoke with Les about the tag teams in ECW which Wolfe highlighting â€œthey were unbelievableâ€¦we were thriving with tag teamsâ€. He continued by saying a single wrestler like Tommy Dreamer tagged with him and his tag partner Anthony against The Funks & Cactus Jack or the DOA (Bruise Brothers) & Brian Lee, concluding that there was integration between singles wrestlers along with the tag teams.
– Gary talked about The Eliminators and said the last time he saw Perry Saturn was when he went into TNA for a short time.
– Les asked how long he was with his tag partner Anthony, Wolf replied saying theyâ€™d been tagging together since 1988 and went to high school and graduated together. He then noted that him and Anthony worked out together and eventually go into wrestling at the Civic Centre, whilst they were working security.
– Gary talked about when he wrestled in the ring and noting that â€˜The Bulldogsâ€™, the late Davey Boy Smith & The Dynamite Kid were their idols.
– Les spoke about the Pitbulls finishing move, with was called â€˜The Superbombâ€™. Gary Wolf highlighted that it was Jushin â€œThunderâ€ Liger that gave them the move in Japan. Gary went on to say he might bring the move back for a new tag team heâ€™s managing for Pro-Wrestling Unplugged (PWU) called â€˜Team Pitâ€™ and said for fans to check out their site and www.prowrestlingunplugged.com
– Gary Wolf said thereâ€™s a fan appreciation night for PWU & ask the fans who want to see and the booker put the matches together. Wolf notes that 2 Cold Scorpio is Pro-Wrestling Unpluggedâ€™s current heavyweight champion.
– Gary then talked with Les about the â€œCrazy 8â€™sâ€, Wolfe elaborated on this saying, â€œwe swing from ropes and put the heavyweight title all the way up to the roofâ€¦cage, ropes, trampolines, we mix it upâ€¦so itâ€™s very entertaining and it also puts our champions in a difficult position because itâ€˜s a unorthodox matchâ€¦â€.
– Les highlighted that Gary Wolf and former ECW owner Tod Gordon are part owners for PWU. Gary noted he has a training school too, called the Extreme Fight Club (EXFC). When MMA is legal in Pennsylvania, Wolf said there will be cage matches for training the mixed martial arts students and continued by highlighting that it would be like the UFC.
– Les pointed out to Gary that he is nearly a twenty year veteran of the wrestling business. â€œI started in â€™88 and now Iâ€™m like two decades in, thatâ€™s why Iâ€™ve been in the ring withâ€¦Bob Orton, Ric Flairâ€¦Matt Bourneâ€¦Iâ€™ve been aroundâ€¦â€. Wolf then talked about when he worked for the Tri-State Wrestling Alliance (TWA).
Doc then asked Gary Wolf some questions from the Wrestling Weekly listeners in the chat room.
– First question was about the new ECW. Gary stated that â€œthe new ECW is Vince McMahonâ€™s version of ECW and if Vince McMahon wants me to come and work for him then heâ€™d be a very smart man because my product is very marketable, I am the Pitbull and Iâ€˜m the original Pitbullâ€¦â€. Gary Wolf then spoke about the wrestling style of â€˜The Pitbullsâ€™.
– Next question was who were some of the teams that The Pitbulls gelled with & who they had the best matches with. â€œThe Public Enemy, Raven & Stevie Richards, Funk Brothersâ€.
– Gary then talked about his tag partner Anthony who he highlighted he misses and noted that â€œwe were lucky, very fortunate to go up to the WWF in the 1980â€™sâ€¦we worked the Hart Foundationâ€¦Rougeau Brothersâ€¦ we worked every tag team thereâ€ . Wolfe continued by saying he also worked in Japan and also wrestled The Skyscrapers, Barbarian & The Warlord (Powers of Pain) and also noted that they did ten â€˜squashâ€™ matches just to get experience and said at the time they used their real names.
– Doc then spoke with Gary about how different it is wrestling in the US to wrestling in Japan and also when he wrestled the ICP.
– Another questions from the chat room is how he felt when WWE gave Jamie Noble and Kid Kash â€˜The Pitbullsâ€™ gimmick. Wolf highlighted, â€œI was pissed, I felt they were riding my coat tails or they were trying too, The Pitbulls are the â€˜The Pitbullsâ€â€¦all these other guys are phoniesâ€¦I got my lawyer to send them (WWE) a â€˜Cease & Desistâ€˜ and they stoppedâ€¦â€
– Gary Wolf talked about the memorial segment he did for the first ECW â€˜One Night Standâ€™ pay-per-view and said the atmosphere at the event was â€œawesomeâ€œ. Gary said that he found the promo he did hard to do because he saw guys crying as they were upset.
– Gary then talked in detail with Les about if there was a union for pro-wrestlers. He also briefly talked about the Benoit family tragedy and said in Japan there was a clique – himself and Anthony, Eddie Guerrero, Dean Malenko, Chris Jericho and Chris Benoit. He also mentioned Owen Hart was part of the clique too when he worked in Japan.
– Gary Wolf is then thanked for being a guest
For more on Gary Wolf visit his official website at: http://pitbullgarywolf.7p.com and official Myspace at:
http://www.myspace.com/therealoriginalpitbull1 and the Pro-Wrestling Unplugged website, which is at: www.prowrestlingunplugged.com and to check out the Fan Appreciation night which will be held at the New Albrahama (ECW Arena)
Former WWE Superstar, Roâ€™Z will be next weekâ€™s featured guest.
Wrestling Weekly is carried live by:
For more future guest information, visit www.wrestlingweekly.com/ww
and www.myspace.com/docyoung (the official MySpace site for ‘Wrestling Weekly’)
You must be logged in to post a comment Login