Last updated by Chris George on January 18, 2016
- NWA (Florida) Southern Heavyweight title defeating Pat O’Hara (September 24, 1951);
- MWA Ohio Heavyweight title defeating Bill Miller (February 2, 1956);
- WWA International Television Tag Team titles w/Sandor Szabo (March 9, 1957);
- Gene Stanlee formed a great tag team with his real life brother Steve Stanlee..
- ~~~Bob Merrill worked as a third brother, Bob Stanlee, but was not really related in real life..
- November 18, 1952: Lou Thesz defeated Gene Stanlee in 15:14 to retain the NWA World Heavyweight title..
- Gene Stanlee is a health nut, longtime vegetarian, still sells a line of supplements..
- ~~~Gene describes himself as the ‘world’s foremost authority on age reversal through blood purification’.
- ~~~ Gene Stanlee was one of the early pro wrestling Television legends from the 1950s..
- Gene Stanlee was at the Cauliflower Ally Club 2002 reunion..
- September 22, 2005: Gene “Mr. America” Stanlee passed away..