WWE Monday Night RAW
Location: Nashville, TN
Date: November 18, 2013
Commentators: Michael Cole, Jerry Lawler, and JBL
Tonight’s WWE RAW Country opens up with a look back at last week’s show where The Authority was on vacation. Michael Cole welcomes us to RAW as “Round Here” from Florida Georgia Line plays. They will play live later tonight. Also tonight, Big E Langston vs. Curtis Axel for the Intercontinental Title. Tonight’s main event will be The Shield and The Wyatt Family vs. CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, The Usos, Cody Rhodes and Goldust in a big match.
– We go to the ring and out comes Triple H and Stephanie McMahon. Triple H says it’s good to be back. Triple H says last week was a prime example of just how vital he and Stephanie are to the show. Triple H says without true authority, chaos rules, and that’s what happened. They are well rested and back. Stephanie brings up Survivor Series but is interrupted by WWE Champion Randy Orton, who marches to the ring in a hurry.
Orton blames them for everything, including Big Show putting him through the table last week. Orton says he is the face of WWE, their most valuable asset, and they should be protecting him better than they are. Orton and Triple H have words, coming face to face. Vickie Guerrero and Brad Maddox come out. Vickie is more soft-spoken than usual. Maddox takes responsibility for his actions and says last week was all Vickie’s fault. Stephanie announces Vickie vs. AJ Lee for tonight plus Maddox vs. Orton, which is right now. Triple H adds a No DQ stipulation to the match. Maddox goes to walk backstage but Kane appears and turns him around. Triple H and Stephanie confront everyone on the stage as we go to commercial.
No DQ Match: Brad Maddox vs. WWE champion Randy Orton (non-title)
Back from the break and Maddox is wrestling in his suit. He stalls as Orton waits. Orton charges and Maddox goes to the floor, grabbing a microphone. Orton chases Maddox towards the crowd and pulls him back to the ring. Maddox drops Orton with a mic shot to the head. Maddox sends Orton face first into the ring post and hits a DDT for a close 2 count.
Orton gets up and he’s pissed. Orton sends Maddox to the floor and over the announce table. Orton sends Maddox into the steel steps and rips his shirt off. Orton with shots to the chest. Orton sends Maddox into the ring post and hits a draping DDT from the fan barrier. Orton brings it back in the ring and beats Maddox repeatedly with the microphone. The referee stops the match.
Winner: Randy Orton
– After the match, Orton grabs his WWE Title as we go to replays. The referee checks on Maddox, who is knocked out.
– Still to come tonight, Ryback vs. Big Show. We see Curtis Axel and Big E Langston heading to the ring as we go back to commercial.
– Back from the break and we see Brad Maddox being stretchered out of the arena.
WWE Intercontinental Title Match: Big E Langston vs. WWE Intercontinental champion Curtis Axel
We go to the ring and out first comes Big E Langston followed by WWE Intercontinental Champion Curtis Axel. Justin Roberts does formal introductions and Langston gets a pop.
Big E strikes first and takes Axel to the corner. Axel fights back with right hands and chops. Big E runs over Axel with a big shoulder tackle for 2. Big E keeps control and slams Axel back for another 2 count. Axel retreats to the floor but Big E follows and chases him back in the ring. Axel tries to come back but Big E nails a big clothesline. Big E with more power moves and a pin attempt. Axel turns it around and drops Big E on the ropes. Axel with a 2 count and more right hands. We go to commercial with Axel in control.
Back from the break and Big E stands up with Axel on his back. Big E sends him to the corner and hits a big shoulder. Axel comes right back with a big dropkick for 2. Axel continues and covers for another 2 count. Big E powers up off the mat and tosses Axel. Big E with clotheslines and a belly-to-belly suplex. The crowd pops for Big E as he runs the ropes and nails a big splash for a close 2 count. Axel counters The Big Ending and goes for his neckbreaker. Big E counters and hits a big clothesline. Big E wins the title with The Big End.
Winner and New WWE Intercontinental Champion: Big E Langston
– After the win, Big E celebrates to a big pop.
– Randy Orton and The shield are backstage. Orton says The Shield are to have his back and they are on the same page now. Roman Reigns says if that’s what The Authority wants but Orton has to have their back also.
Of course they all start fighting. JBL calls this the dumbest thing he’s ever seen. The whole thing breaks out into a big brawl. Fans chant for Lawler as referees try to calm things. It ends with the Total Divas in the ring and the others on the outside.
– Still to come, a huge twelve-man tag team main event. Up next, Ryback vs. Big Show. We go to commercial.
Ryback vs. Big Show
Back from the break and out comes Big Show to a big pop. Out next comes Ryback. They lock up and break. They lock up again and Show shoves Ryback and unloads in the corner with lefts and rights. Show with a huge chop to the chest. And another. Show drops Ryback with a shoulder and he retreats to the floor. Ryback comes in and goes at it, beating Show into the ropes. Show comes right back with a big shoulder, sending Ryback to the mat again. Show with another huge chop to the chest. Ryback comes off the ropes and takes out Show’s knee. Ryback unloads now.
Ryback keeps Show grounded and nails a splash for 2. Ryback with a headlock now. Show finally fights up but Ryback kicks his knee out and nails a DDT for another pin attempt. Show fights out of another headlock and backdrops Ryback. They both get up. Show nails a pair of big clotheslines and a back splash in the corner. Ryback catches Show with a spinebuster out of nowhere for 2. Show blocks a Meathook clothesline by grabbing Ryback for a chokeslam. Ryback counters and drops Show again. Ryback goes for Shellshocked and gets Show up. Ryback nails it but Show still kicks out at 2. Ryback calls Show a stupid giant and tries to lift him to his feet again. Show pushes Ryback off and nails a knockout punch for the win.
Winner: Big Show
– After the match, Randy Orton runs into the ring but Show turns right around and spears him out of the ring. Orton and Show stare at each other as we go to replays.
– Zack Ryder is backstage talking with Florida Georgia Line when 3MB walks up in cowboy hats and western shirts. They are now the Rhinestone Cowboys. They sing a little before walking off.
– Still to come tonight, John Cena‘s status for Survivor Series after the attack on SmackDown. We go to commercial.
– Randy Orton is backstage in the trainer’s room getting ice. He’s yelling about The Shield and The Authority not being there for him. Orton starts throwing the ice bags and tells the trainer to get out.
We go to the ring where The Real Americans are with Zeb Colter. Out next comes Kofi Kingston followed by his partner The Miz. Cesaro and Miz start things out.
Typical back and forth tag match to start it. The Real Americans begin to take control of The Miz and double team him. Kofi finally tags in and hits Swagger off the ropes. Kofi unloads and nails a big dropkick. Kofi with the Boom Drop on Swagger. Kofi calls for Trouble in Paradise but knocks Cesaro off the apron. Swagger catches Kofi and slams him for a 2 count.
Kofi goes to tag in The Miz but Miz drops off the apron and the crowd boos. Swagger pulls Kofi back and gets the win with The Patriot Lock.
Winners: Jack Swagger and Antonio Cesaro
– Still to come, AJ Lee vs. Vickie Guerrero. We see Vickie walking backstage looking scared. She acts like she passes out outside of the trainer’s room as we go to commercial.
– Back from the break and we see the stunt Vickie just pulled. She’s being taken away on a stretcher when Stephanie walks up. Stephanie says she looks dehydrated or tired but must be wheeled to the ring. Vickie screams for Stephanie as she’s taken to the ring.
Vickie Guerrero vs. WWE Divas champion AJ Lee (non-title)
We go to the ring and the EMT’s and the WWE trainer is wheeling Vickie to the ring on a stretcher. AJ Lee’s music hits and out comes the Divas Champion with Tamina Snuka.
Vickie is freed from the stretcher and rolled into the ring but she is barely moving. Vickie asks the referee for some water. Vickie pats the water on her face as AJ looks on. The bell finally rings and here we go. Vickie leaves the ring and runs to the back but Tamina is right there. Vickie drops to the mat and begs Tamina. Vickie uses Tamina’s hand to fan herself. Vickie walks up the ramp but AJ skips and brings her back by her hair.
Vickie stalls some more until AJ locks her in the Black Widow for the quick win.
Winner: AJ Lee
– AJ and Tamina make their exit as Vickie still acts like she is fainting. She drops at ringside and the referee tries to get her to wake up.
– Triple H is backstage with Wade Barrett and Dolph Ziggler. He’s going to let them settle their differences in a Broadway Brawl later tonight. He tells them to make the best of it. They walk off and we go to commercial.
Broadway Brawl: Dolph Ziggler vs. Damien Sandow
We come back and the ring is filled with musical instruments. Out first comes Dolph Ziggler to a pop. Out next comes Damien Sandow. The bell rings and Sandow beats Ziggler down. Sandow with knees to the head before throwing Ziggler out to the floor. Sandow grabs an electric guitar and tosses it out to the floor. He sends Ziggler into the steps and grabs the guitar. Sandow throws it but misses. Ziggler leaps off the steps and takes Sandow down.
They come back in and Sandow keeps control of Ziggler. Ziggler finally turns it around with a dropkick and Sandow goes to the floor. Sandow comes back in for a 2 count after more stomps and offense on Ziggler. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and Sandow continues to control Ziggler. Sandow uses some of the instruments and a chair but only gets a 2 count. Ziggler fights back and unloads on Sandow. Sandow nails Ziggler with a fiddle for a 2 count. Ziggler finally counters with a big DDT. More back and forth. Sandow blocks Zig Zag and drops Ziggler. Sandow rams Ziggler head first into a chair wedged into the corner. Sandow with a 2 count. Sandow sends Ziggler head first into a big cello. Sandow with another big shot and a 2 count. Sandow charges with a guitar but Ziggler moves and Sandow hits the ring post. Ziggler with a roll up for 2. Ziggler smashes a snare drum over Sandow’s head. Then a bass drum. Ziggler grabs a guitar, struts like Jeff Jarrett and smashes it over Sandow’s head for the win.
Winner: Dolph Ziggler
– After the bell, Ziggler tosses the cymbals at Sandow as we go to replays. Ziggler does some air guitar to end it.
– We get a look back at Orton and The Authority’s segment from earlier tonight.
– Orton is backstage with Triple H and Stephanie now, wondering where everyone was earlier. Orton wants respect. Orton demands to know if he has their confidence as the face of WWE. Stephanie says they were just talking about that and need to think about it.
– John Cena is backstage with his arm in a sling. Cena is talking to Florida Georgia Line before heading to the ring. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and out comes World Heavyweight Champion John Cena with his arm in a sling to sell the attack from Alberto Del Rio on last Friday’s SmackDown.
Cena thanks the fans for the boos. He says he has a sling because of bad luck recently. We see footage from what happened on RAW and SmackDown last week. Cena says he thinks he may have come back too soon but maybe that’s not the case. Cena talks about how he will perform in front of his whole family on Sunday and defeat Alberto Del Rio to retain the World Heavyweight Title. Cena says he is a little banged up but pain is temporary. He will say “the champ is here” on Sunday. Alberto Del Rio’s music hits and out he comes.
Del Rio calls that an amazing speech and says Cena almost made him cry. Cena say she’s going to make him tap on Sunday. Del Rio pokes fun at Cena’s injured arm. Del Rio brings up Cena’s family as he enters the ring. Del Rio says he sees a great opportunity in front of him. Cena agrees and takes off the sling to start unloading on Del Rio. Del Rio slides out of an Attitude Adjustment and flees the ring. We go to commercial.
3MB vs. R-Truth and Xavier Woods
We come back from the break and out comes 3MB as The Rhinestone Cowboys. R-Truth is out next with his partner, NXT star Xavier Woods. Truth and Woods get the win after Xavier comes in and hits his finishers – the Honor Roll and Lost in the Woods.
Winners: Xavier Woods and R-Truth
– After the match, Truth and Xavier dance around the ring as we go to replays.
– Orton is backstage with Triple H and Stephanie. He says there will be no Shield or help for him on Sunday. They want Orton to beat Big Show on his own. Then, everyone will know without a shadow of a doubt that Orton deserves to be the face of WWE. Orton says he will show Triple H confidence and walks off.
– Still to come, Florida Georgia Line will perform. Back to commercial.
– We see footage from last Friday’s WrestleMania XXX on-sale party in New Orleans.
– We go to the stage where Florida Georgia Line performs.
We go to the ring for tonight’s main event and out first comes Daniel Bryan followed by CM Punk. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and The Usos are already out with WWE Tag Team Champions Cody Rhodes and Goldust. Out next comes Seth Rollins, Roman Reigns and WWE United States Champion Dean Ambrose through the crowd. Out next comes Bray Wyatt, Erick Rowan and Luke Harper with the lights out. It’s going to be Ambrose starting out with Jimmy Uso.
Uso takes control of Ambrose and tags in his brother for some double teaming. Ambrose counters and tags in Reigns. Reigns and Uso go at it. Reigns knocks him back and takes it to the corner. Uso fights out with a big right hand and backs Reigns into their corner, tagging in Cody. Cody works Reigns over before tagging in Goldust for some double teaming and a 2 count. Reigns backs Goldust into their corner and tags in Rollins. Fans chant for Goldust as he turns it around on Rollins with a right hand and a big back drop. Goldust with an inverted atomic drop and a kick to the face for a 2 count. Jey Uso tags back in and superkicks Rollins. Rollins drops Uso with a big elbow and sends him to the floor. Harper tags himself in and goes to Uso on the floor. Rollins and Harper have words on the floor. Now The Wyatts and The Shield argue as we go to commercial.
Back from the break and Goldust is in control of Rollins with a pin attempt after some offense. Cody comes in and works Rollins over in the corner. Cody rolls Rollins up for 2. Rollins counters and sends Cody face first into the turnbuckle. Reigns ends up coming in and working over Cody. Rollins comes back in and keeps up the attack on Cody. Ambrose comes back in as The Shield keeps Cody grounded. Ambrose with a suplex and a 2 count on Cody. Harper seems upset that he can’t get tagged in as Rollins comes back in. Cody fights back at Rollins. Cody blocks a suplex and drops Rollins on his face. Harper tags himself in and has words with Rollins again. Harper knocks Goldust off the apron. Cody takes Harper out. Bryan comes in to a huge pop and nails a missile dropkick on Harper and knocks Rowan off the apron. Bryan with kicks to Harper. Harper ducks one kick but Bryan sends him face first into the turnbuckles. Bryan with a dropkick to the back of the neck. Rollins comes in and Bryan suplexes him. Bryan sends Reigns to the floor. Harper catches Bryan in a huge sit-down powerbomb for 2.
Wyatt tags in and cuts Bryan off, beating him down and keeping him grounded as the fans chant for Punk. Wyatt tags in Rollins to take over. They all take turns on Bryan in the corner now. Rowan comes in for the first time and takes control of Bryan. Bryan fights out but Rowan nails a big clothesline and tags in Ambrose. Bryan finally takes Ambrose down with a knee to the gut. Bryan goes for a tag but The Shield and The Wyatts knock everyone off the apron. It’s chaos as we go to commercial.
Back from the break and Bryan is still getting beat down. Rowan tags in Reigns and he keeps the attack going on Bryan. During the break, we see Bryan got whipped hard into the barrier as did Rollins into the steps. Back in the ring, Bryan counters Reigns and nails a big DDT. Punk finally comes in and unloads on everyone. Punk drops Ambrose and Rollins with a DDT neckbreaker combo. Punk nails high knees in the corner on Ambrose and Rollins. A clothesline for each man also. Punk goes to the top and nails the big elbow drop on Ambrose. Punk calls for GTS but Bray comes in the ring. Punk lets Ambrose down. Bray charges but misses. Punk ends up with the Anaconda Vice on Ambrose. Everyone else gets involved. The Usos leap out onto Rowan and Harper. Ambrose slides out of GTS and drops Punk on his face but Goldust breaks the pin. Reigns nails a spear on Goldust. Cody hits Cross Rhodes on Reigns. Rollins blocks a Disaster Kick and powerbombs Cody into the corner. Bryan and Punk double team Rollins. Bryan leaps out onto Bray on the floor. Rollins goes out also. Punk nails GTS on Ambrose for the win.
Winners: CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, The Usos, Cody Rhodes and Goldust
– After the match, The Real Americans rush the ring and all the heels beat down Punk and Bryan. Rey Mysterio runs out and makes the save. Bryan, Punk and Rey hit their finishers and clear the ring. RAW goes off the air with Mysterio, The Usos, Punk, Bryan, Goldust and Cody chanting “yes!” with the crowd.