WWE Monday Night RAW
Location: Richmond, VA
Date: June 10, 2013
Commentators: Michael Cole, JBL, and Jerry Lawler
– We’re live from the Richmond Coliseum in Richmond, Virginia as Michael Cole welcomes us to RAW. We go right to the ring and here comes Triple H to a big pop.
Triple H vs. Curtis Axel
Triple H makes his entrance. Out next comes Curtis Axel with Paul Heyman. Triple H is ready to fight but Axel takes his time. The bell rings and Triple H beats Axel down in the corner. The referee backs Triple H up but he goes back at it. Triple H with a big suplex for a 1 count. Vince McMahon’s music hits and out he comes. Triple H keeps wrestling and has Axel in a headlock. Vince walks around ringside and Axel turns it around, sending Triple H to the mat. Vince is all smiles. Triple H tosses Axel to the floor. Vince has them ring the bell and tells Justin Roberts to call it.
Winner by disqualification: Curtis Axel
– Triple H yells at Vince from the ring. Vince’s music hits and he struts up the ramp, still smiling. Heyman and Axel taunt Triple H from the apron. Triple H goes out to Roberts and tells them to ring the bell. The match is being re-started by WWE’s COO.
Triple H vs. Curtis Axel
The bell rings and they lock up. Triple H with another headlock. Vince storms back out and isn’t smiling as much as he was before. A “you suck” chant breaks out at Vince as he has the match called again.
Winner by forfeit: Curtis Axel
– Vince leaves again and Triple H asks him what he’s doing. Triple H goes back to Roberts and has the match announced as a 60-man Iron Man Match. The bell is rang but Vince marches back to ringside. Vince takes the mic and says Curtis has already won twice, leave the ring now. Curtis quickly leaves with Heyman. Vince takes Roberts’ microphone and the timekeeper’s bell. Vince walks off with them as Triple H looks on from the ring.
– Back from the break and Triple H is backstage venting to Stephanie. He says Vince crossed the line and did that just to embarrass him. Stephanie agrees it was wrong. Stephanie begs Triple H not to hurt Vince. She says he’s not getting any younger. She tells him to try and think about Vince in the pool with their kids. Triple H tells Stephanie to go talk to Vince because if he has to, it won’t end well.
Kane vs. Dean Ambrose
Ambrose strikes first in the corner. Kane runs over him with a big boot for a 1 count. Kane with a low dropkick and another pin attempt. Kane takes control now. Kane with a knee drop to the back and a boot to the face. Kane whips Ambrose hard into the corner and he goes down. Kane with a backbreaker now. Kane bends Ambrose over his knee and holds it. We finally get another timekeeper’s bell brought down. Ambrose fights back but Kane tosses him out of the ring and follows. Kane with a big right hand. Ambrose blocks a shot into the steps and fights back. Kane catches him in mid-air with a big right hand. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and Ambrose is back in control. Kane fights out of a hold and hits Ambrose with right hands. Ambrose with a double dropkick. Ambrose eventually goes to the top but Kane grabs him for a chokeslam. Ambrose fights him off but Kane brings him down to the mat. More back and forth. Kane with a big tilt-a-whirl backbreaker for a 2 count. Ambrose goes for a roll up but Kane tosses him into the corner. Kane with a splash. He catches Ambrose’s boot and pulls him to the mat. Kane hits the sideslam for another 2 count. Kane goes to the top but Ambrose cuts him off. Kane blocks a superplex and sends Ambrose to the mat. Kane comes crashing down with a big right hand. Ambrose rolls out of the ring when Kane calls for a chokeslam. Rollins and Reigns hit the ring and attack Kane for the DQ.
Winner by disqualification: Kane
– After the bell, Randy Orton and Daniel Bryan run down to save Kane. Orton and Team Hell No clear the ring as The Shield retreats through the crowd.
– We get hype for Sheamus vs. Damien Sandow for the WWE Payback pre-show.
– Fans can get on the WWE App and vote for Daniel Bryan’s opponent tonight – Rollins or Reigns. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and it’s determined Bryan will face Rollins and Orton will face Reigns tonight.
– Kane, Bryan and Orton are all arguing. Vickie Guerrero comes in and makes Orton and Bryan vs. Rollins and Reigns in a WWE Tag Team Title match at Payback. Kane isn’t happy about this. Vickie grants Kane a US Title shot for Payback.
– We go to commercial as The Miz makes his way out.
The Miz vs. Cody Rhodes
Back from the break and WWE Intercontinental Champion Wade Barrett is on commentary. It’s announced that Barrett will defend against just The Miz at Payback due to Fandango’s concussion. Cody and Miz go back and forth to start the match. Cody with a big suplex and a 2 count. Cody keeps control and works on the legs of The Miz.
Cody with more offense and a 2 count. Cody goes back to working on the knees. Miz turns it around and locks in the Figure Four for the win.
Winner: The Miz
– After the match, Miz limps around as Barrett enters the ring. Paul Heyman interrupts. He says Vickie Guerrero has allowed Curtis Axel to take Fandango’s spot at Payback. Axel comes out and cuts a promo about how he will be the next Intercontinental Champion.
– Cole leads us to a promo about Mark Henry’s return next week. The Hall of Pain is returning.
– Chris Jericho is walking backstage as we go to commercial.
– Back from the break and we get a look at how RAW opened with Vince McMahon and Triple H.
– Stephanie McMahon walks into Vince’s office and he has his back turned. She says she knows he’s trying to protect Triple H but what he did was embarrassing. Stephanie says Vince walked all over him. Vince heard what Triple H and Stephanie said about him. Vince says Triple H made his baby girl cry. Stephanie says Vince made her cry. Vince doesn’t care about Triple H’s pride, he puts WWE first. Vince says you do the right thing for business every single time. Vince says it’s best if Stephanie keeps Triple H away from him. Vince isn’t interested in talking to him either. Vince walks off.
– We go to the ring and out comes Chris Jericho to a big pop. Jericho comes out and talks about his Payback match with CM Punk. Jericho talks about their past matches. He says Punk will get his best on Sunday. Jericho says he needs to beat Punk, he has to beat Punk. Jericho says neither of them will ever, ever be the same… he’s interrupted by World Heavyweight Champion Dolph Ziggler with AJ Lee and Big E Langston. Ziggler says the nameplate was barely on his title before it was almost taken due to a concussion. Ziggler talks about how he stole the show and earned the belt. Ziggler says he will face Alberto Del Rio at Payback. Jericho suggests a warm-up match for tonight. Ziggler says Jericho can face Big E Langston and that match is up next after commercial.
Chris Jericho vs. Big E Langston
Back from the break and Big E is working Jericho over outside of the ring. Jericho apparently hurt his knee during the commercial. Big E brings him back in the ring and covers for a 2 count. Langston with a hold on Jericho as he tries to fight up and out. Jericho ends up tossing Big E over the top rope. Jericho runs the ropes and dropkicks Big E back into the barrier. Jericho comes out to the floor and kicks Big E in the back. Big E fights back and sends Jericho into the steel steps.
Big E brings it back in the ring for a 2 count. Big E with shoulder thrusts in the corner now. Jericho comes back with a 2 count but Big E runs over him for another pin attempt. Jericho fights back to his feet and trades shots with Big E. Jericho with a kick in the face and chops. Jericho with a big right hand and more offense. Jericho ducks a clothesline and hits an enziguri. Jericho with a low dropkick for a 2 count. More back and forth. Big E catches Jericho in mid-air and hits a series of backbreakers for another 2 count. Jericho ends up hitting a big crossbody from the top but Big E kicks out at 2. Ziggler distracts Jericho and allows Big E to run over him. Del Rio runs down and lays out Ziggler from behind at ringside. Langston is distracted by Del Rio but turns around to a Codebreaker for the win.
Winner: Chris Jericho
Sin Cara vs. Antonio Cesaro
Back from the break and Zeb Colter is on commentary. Sin Cara makes his way out to the ring. Apparently Cara interrupted a Colter interview backstage on the WWE App and Colter isn’t happy about it. Out comes Antonio Cesaro.
Cesaro strikes first and takes Cara to the mat before tossing him out to the floor. Cara comes back in but Cesaro puts the boots to him. Colter rips Cara but defends Cesaro on commentary. Cara makes a comeback until Cesaro knocks him down on the top rope. Cesaro stands on Cara before hitting a big gutwrench slam. Cesaro with a headlock now.
Cesaro with another big slam and a 2 count. Cesaro with another stomp and a 2 count. Colter says Jack Swagger is injured but will be back soon. Cara makes another comeback out of the corner. Cesaro misses a clothesline. Cara hits a crazy looking sitdown powerbomb for a 2 count. Cara with a kick to the face from the apron. Cara goes to the top for a crossbody but Cesaro catches him in a backbreaker. Cesaro swings Cara around by a headlock. Cesaro nails The Neutralizer for the win.
Winner: Antonio Cesaro
– As we go to replays, Colter says he’s impressed with Cesaro and that’s what happens when you do things the right way.
– We get another vignette for Bray Wyatt and The Wyatt Family.
– Still to come, Ryback and Cena will go face to face in the ring. Back to commercial.
– Vickie Guerrero is backstage with Brad Maddox. Vickie is downing a big Hardees cheeseburger. Vince appears and tells Vickie to breathe and swallow. Vickie licks her fingers and goes to shake Vince’s hand. Vince is clearly in a bad mood tonight. Vince isn’t sure about the Ryback and Cena face off tonight. Maddox suggests they have the Payback Lumberjacks come out to the ring tonight. Vince says that’s a good idea and Vickie should share her burger with Brad.
Randy Orton vs. Roman Reigns
We go to the ring and out first comes Randy Orton. Daniel Bryan comes out and waits with Orton as we go back to commercial.
Back from the break and out comes WWE Tag Team Champions Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns. They lock up to start the match and Reigns hits Orton with a knee to the gut and an elbow. Reigns takes it to the corner. Orton turns it around and fires back. Orton with a 2 count. Orton with knee drops and another 2 count. They fight on the floor now with Orton in control. Orton back drops Reigns on top of the fan barrier as Rollins and Bryan look on. Orton brings it back in the ring for a 2 count. Orton misses a knee drop and Reigns goes to work on him.
Orton hits a Thesz Press and right hands. Orton with more right hands in the corner as he climbs up. Reigns runs into a big boot. Orton with a forearm shot to the chest. Reigns knocks Orton from the top to the floor with one big punch. We go back to commercial.
Back from commercial and Reigns is in control, keeping Orton on the mat. Orton fights up and out with punches to the gut. Reigns drops Orton over the top rope. Reigns with another 2 count. We see Kane watching backstage. Orton fights out of another headlock and back drops Reigns. Orton with clotheslines and a powerslam. Rollins gets on the apron but Orton backs him off. Reigns goes for a Samoan Drop but Orton counters with a backbreaker. Orton hits the second rope draping DDT. Rollins comes in and Orton tries to DDT him. Reigns makes the save and pulls him out. Bryan comes in and leaps out onto Reigns and Rollins, taking them down on the floor.
– Bryan gets a massive “yes!” chant from the crowd as he stands with Orton in the ring.
Daniel Bryan vs. Seth Rollins
This matches starts right now as Rollins takes Bryan to the corner. Bryan runs the ropes and nails a huge clothesline. Bryan with uppercuts and more offense. Bryan with a running knee to the gut and kicks to the back.
Bryan hits a bunch of kicks and elbows as the crowd chants yes. Bryan tries for the surfboard submission but Rollins crawls for the ropes. Bryan ends up sending Rollins to the floor after a dropkick. Bryan runs the ropes and kicks Rollins back into the barrier. Bryan leaps off the apron with a big knee to the face. Rollins turns it around and drives Bryan’s face into the corner. 2 count by Rollins. Rollins goes for the surfboard submission and locks it in. Bryan turns it around and applies the same hold on Rollins. Bryan falls back on the neck and holds it but Rollins finally breaks it. Back to commercial.
Back from the break and Bryan is fighting out of a hold. Rollins cuts him off and goes for another pin attempt. Rollins keeps control and takes Bryan back to the mat. Bryan fights back as the crowd chants. Rollins goes for a kick but Bryan catches it and turns it into a half crab. Rollins makes it to the ropes and breaks the hold. Bryan with kicks in the corner now. Bryan runs and nails the big dropkick and another in the corner. Bryan with a 2 count. Bryan with more kicks to the chest. Rollins ducks a kick and lays Bryan out. Rollins with kicks until he misses one. They counter again. Rollins powerbombs Bryan back into the turnbuckles for another 2 count. Rollins keeps control until Bryan back drops him out to the floor. Bryan runs the ropes but the collide at the ropes as Rollins tries to come in. Rollins comes off the top but they roll through with more counters. Bryan with another close 2 count. Bryan goes back to the top but Rollins cuts him off. Rollins climbs up for a superplex but Bryan slides out and crotches Rollins. Bryan climbs up and nails a super back drop but Rollins counters in mid-air and falls on top of Bryan. Reigns gets on the apron but Orton takes him out. Bryan rolls up Rollins for the win.
Winner: Daniel Bryan
– After the match, Bryan is celebrating in the corner when Rollins pulls him down. Bryan connects with a big kick. Orton catches Rollins with a RKO. Orton and Bryan stare at each other as Reigns helps Rollins retreat.
– We get another look at how RAW opened with Triple H and Vince McMahon tonight.
– Back from the break and WWE Divas Champion Kaitlyn is in the ring. She wants her secret admirer to show himself. Out comes Big E Langston with flowers in hand and dressed up. Kaitlyn is surprised. Big E is nervous but says people only see him as a big bad tough guy. Big E says he cares about more than that, he cares about Kaitlyn. Kaitlyn says she doesn’t get it. Big E says Kaitlyn has been all he could think of since first laying eyes on her. Big E drops the mic and goes in for a kiss. Big E drops Kaitlyn on the mat after making her wait for the kiss and out comes AJ Lee. AJ says she hopes Kaitlyn feels like she did when other Superstars played with her emotions and Kaitlyn was off chasing the Divas Title. Kaitlyn calls her crazy. AJ says she’s smart. AJ says Kaitlyn is sad, weak and pitiful. She calls her trash. Kaitlyn starts crying. AJ says Kaitlyn has nobody and none of the people care about her. AJ says all Kaitlyn has is the Divas Title and she will be taking it on Sunday at Payback. AJ keeps putitng her down until Kaitlyn attacks her. They go at it and AJ escapes as Kaitlyn looks on from the ring.
Damien Sandow vs. R-Truth
Back from the break and out comes Damien Sandow, for a match sponsored by the new Hardees cheeseburger. Sandow talks about how he will beat Sheamus on the Payback pre-show. Out comes his opponent R-Truth.
Sandow takes control early on and beats Truth out of the ring. He brings it back in and keeps Truth on the mat. Sandow with a headbutt and a leg sweep. Sandow hits the Elbow of Disdain for a 2 count. Truth makes a comeback and hits his usual moves. The end comes when Sandow takes out Truth’s knee and hits the Silencer for the win.
Winner: Damien Sandow
– After the match, Sheamus comes out to the stage and congratulates Sandow on his win. Sheamus says Sandow got his attention last week and because of that, they’re fighting on the Payback pre-show. Sheamus says he’s going to kick off Sandow’s head in Chicago.
– Stephanie McMahon tells a crew member to go find Vince and have him meet in their office because it’s urgent and it’s about business. She tells another crew member to find Triple H, tell him to get there because it’s urgent and it’s personal. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and we get a vignette for Ryback’s rage.
– We go to the ring and Vickie Guerrero leads the Lumberjacks out and they surround the ring. More replay videos and another commercial break.
– Back from the break and Vince is talking to Stephanie when Triple H shows up. An argument breaks out. Stephanie screams and tells them both to work it out. She’s sick and tired of it. Stephanie storms off. Neither Vince or Triple H want to apologize to each other. Vince said he did the right thing because Triple H is bigger than a match with Curtis Axel. Vince says he wants Triple H to be more than an icon or a legend, he wants him to be the man. Vince wants bigger things for Triple H. Vince says he’s a giver, that’s what he does. Triple H says he gets it but he’s not going to apologize. Vince says Triple H can have his match with Axel on next week’s RAW. Triple H says he doesn’t want the match with Axel. Vince says he would like to see the match. Triple H doesn’t want it. They start arguing again when Stephanie comes back. She wants a group hug. Vince says he doesn’t hug other men. Stephanie tells them to hug her at the same time. Triple H takes offense to Vince not hugging him. Finally, they barely do a group hug and Vince leaves. Triple H walks off next and Stephanie smiles.
– We go to the ring and it’s surrounded by WWE Superstars. Out first comes WWE Champion John Cena.
An ambulance pulls up to the stage and out comes Ryback. Ryback heads to the stage instead of going to the ring where everyone is at. Cena reminds Ryback that face to face means he needs to waddle his ass to the ring and face the WWE Champion. Cena cuts Ryback off and talks about the Three Stages of Hell match at Payback. Ryback says he could tear through any of the Lumberjacks, Cena or any of the fans. Ryback says he does deserve to be WWE Champion. They go back and forth on the mic. Ryback says he got too good, too fast and became a threat to Cena. Ryback says he became so popular so Cena went to damage control. Ryback says when the going got tough, Cena left him high and dry. Cena tells Ryback to shut up. Cena puts Ryback over but says he spends all his time bitching and crying. Cena says on Sunday, he’s walking into hell but he’s walking out saying the champ is here. Ryback says his eyes are wide open now, he can see Cena and he’s full of crap. Ryback says the legend of John Cena ends on Sunday. Ryback says Cena has an un-athletic body. Ryback says he will become WWE Champion at Payback. Ryback says he will take Cena’s spot. Cena takes off his shirt and readies for a fight. Cena runs out of the ring but the Lumberjacks throw him back in. Cena looks surprised. He tries to go another way but they stop him. Ryback runs down but Cena ducks and sends him over the top into the Lumberjacks. Ryback and Cena brawl in the ring while the Lumberjacks enter to try and break them apart. Cena breaks free but they are separated again. RAW goes off the air with Cena and Ryback being held back by the Lumberjacks.