WWE Monday Night RAW
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Date: October 6, 2014
Commentators: Michael Cole, Jerry Lawler, and JBL
Tonight’s WWE RAW Pre-show kicks off with Byron Saxton, Booker T and Alex Riley at WWE studios in Stamford, CT. We see fans making their way into the Barclays Center in Brooklyn. They hype Big Show vs. Rusev and the live interview with Roman Reigns. They plug WWE Shop and we get a video looking at Seth Rollins, John Cena and Dean Ambrose. We get Network commercials and come back to a promo for Rusev vs. Big Show.
– We get more hype for Show vs. Rusev. Saxton announces The Usos and Dolph Ziggler vs. Stardust, Goldust and Cesaro for tonight. Renee Young is backstage with Ziggler and The Usos. Ziggler says he has unfinished business with Cesaro. The Usos do their yell with Renee before we go back to Saxton and crew. We get a video for Susan G. Komen. They plug the stars from Today appearing on RAW tonight. They plug the Edge and Christian special that airs after RAW on the WWE Network tonight. Saxton confirms Edge and Christian were at WWE studios today. They talk about the Roman Reigns interview next. Booker predicts Rusev will injure Big Show tonight. Riley predicts the six-man match will steal the show. Saxton says Reigns will be live via satellite. That’s it for the pre-show.
– Tonight’s WWE RAW opens up with a video on Dean Ambrose and last week’s RAW. We’re live from the Barclays Center in Brooklyn with JBL, Jerry Lawler and Michael Cole.
– Seth Rollins comes right to the ring and tells them to cut the music. Fans boo Rollins. He’s upset about the prank that Ambrose pulled on him last week. Rollins asks if they think it’s funny and some do a “yes!” chant. Rollins says the real highlight from last week was him hitting the Curb Stomp on Ambrose and John Cena. We see the replay. Rollins goes on but is interrupted by Joey Mercury and Jamie Noble at ringside. They want him to leave the ring. Rollin understands he’s a marked man and put a target on his back. He loves it. Rollins says this is what he lives for, standing in the center of the ring with all eyes on him. He says everyone wants a piece of Seth Rollins. John Cena runs down out of nowhere and they start brawling. Rollins escapes and runs through the crowd. Rollins taunts Cena from the crowd. Ambrose appears behind Rollins to a big pop. Ambrose attacks and Rollins escapes to ringside. Cena meets him there and they go at it. Ambrose leaps off the barrier and takes out Cena and Rollins. Mercury and Noble come over, allowing for Rollins to run up the ramp. Ambrose sits on the apron and Cena stands in the ring. Triple H‘s music hits and out he comes to the stage with Stephanie McMahon. Stephanie says they aren’t going to let the show dissolve into chaos. Triple H says it’s clear they both want a piece of Rollins and there’s one thing The Authority stands for – opportunity. Stephanie asks the fans if they want to see Cena and Ambrose get their hands on Rollins. Triple H asks them again and we get a bigger pop. Triple H says if the fans want it, they’ll get it tonight. He announces Cena and Ambrose vs. Rollins, Kane and Randy Orton in a handicap match. Triple H tells them to have a good night and his music hits. We go to the announcers.
– Cole talks about Rusev vs. Big Show and we see Show pulling down the Russian flag last week, then his apology on SmackDown. The Authority has deemed Show inactive for tonight and put him in sensitivity training. Rusev and Lana will respond to Show’s apology later tonight.
– We see The Usos and Dolph Ziggler backstage warming up. Back to commercial.
Cesaro and WWE tag team champions Stardust and Goldust vs. The Usos and WWE Intercontinental champion Dolph Ziggler in a 6-man tag team match
Back from the break and WWE Tag Team Champions Stardust and Goldust are making their entrance. Cesaro is out next. WWE Intercontinental Champion Dolph Ziggler is out next to a big pop. The Usos are out next to a pop also. We get a sidebar video from earlier today of The Usos making fun of the champions. The bell rings and everyone goes at it. Stardust is the only one in the ring. Goldust throws Jey Uso into the steel steps. The referee tries to get things in order as fans chant for The Usos. It starts with Jey Uso and Stardust going at it. Fans chant for Ziggler to come in. Goldust tags in but Uso hits a crossbody. Cesaro tags in and they beat Uso down in the corner. Jimmy Uso tags in and hits Cesaro with chops in the corner. Cesaro turns it around with a big chop of his own. Uso whips Cesaro in the corner and hits the Rikishi splash. Cesaro comes right back and takes Uso to the corner. Stardust tags in and things all apart again. Cesaro throws Ziggler into the steps as The Usos also get taken out. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and the heels are still in control. Cesaro works over Uso and taunts Ziggler by doing his elbow drop for a 2 count. Cesaro drops Uso again for another 2 count. Cesaro keeps Uso grounded now as fans chant for Ziggler to come in. Goldust comes back in to keep control but Uso starts to fight back. Jey drops Goldust with a kick and prepares to tag. Ziggler tags in to a big pop and unloads on Cesaro. Stardust gets Cesaro goes to one knee but sends Ziggler into the corner to break the hold. Ziggler dodges a running uppercut and hits the Fame-asser for 2 as Goldust breaks the pin. Uso tags Goldust out. The Usos both come in and leap out onto the tag champions. Ziggler turns around to a big uppercut from Cesaro for a close 2 count as Uso breaks the pin. More back and forth. Stardust tags in and nails his finisher on Ziggler for another close 2 count. Goldust get sent into the steps on the outside. Jimmy tags in. The Usos and Ziggler hit a triple superkick on Stardust. Jimmy goes to the top and hits the big splash for the win.
Winners: The Usos and Dolph Ziggler
– After the match, Ziggler celebrates with The Usos.
– Cole shows us video from earlier of John Cena on NBC’s Today with tonight’s guest stars. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and out comes Adam Rose, The Bunny, The Rosebuds, Kathy Lee Gifford and Hoda Kotb. Rose has a guest star on each arm and they all make their way to the ring. Rose welcomes the Today stars to RAW, where it’s party time all the time. There’s a table and chairs, with flowers and a few glasses of wine. Hoda says they’re happy to be here for WWE and Susan G. Komen. They say they’re ready to party and hype Brooklyn. They do a toast to RAW and the WWE Universe. JBL asks where his wine is. They’ve left Rose’s music playing in the background, maybe to offset some of the boos. They ask for the music to be turned up so they can start dancing. Gifford breaks a bottle over Hoda’s rear end. Hoda does the same. Rose calms things down and talks them into falling back off the apron in the arms of the Rosebuds. Hoda falls and Gifford hesitates. Fans boo so she falls back also. The Rosebuds carry them up the ramp as Rose follows.
– The Wyatt Family intro flashes and we get another vignette from Bray Wyatt. What do you give a man who has nothing? Wyatt gave Luke Harper a reason to exist. He fixed him and now will send him out into our world. Harper is ready to hunt. Wyatt has set him free. Harper says we’re doomed. Back to commercial.
Bo Dallas vs. Mark Henry
Back from the break and Bo Dallas is making his entrance. Mark Henry is next and wastes no time going after Bo. They bring it back in and Henry dominates Bo. Henry takes Bo to the floor and beats him around, using the ring post and the steps. Henry takes apart the announcers table and goes to hit a World’s Strongest Slam on it but Bo slides out and runs in the ring, leaving Henry to be counted out.
Winner by Count Out: Bo Dallas
– Bo celebrates but Henry runs back in after him. Bo escapes before Henry can get to him.
– Still to come, Roman Reigns will give an update on his status. Also, Rusev and Lana will respond to Big Show’s apology. Plus our main event with Cena and Ambrose vs. Kane, Rollins and Orton. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and we get a promo for the SmackDown 15th anniversary show on Friday. Cole hypes the show and shows us a replay of how Rollins kicked off RAW.
– We go to the ring and out comes Dean Ambrose. Cena’s music hits and out he comes to a mixed reaction. Cena says Ambrose understands why he chased Rollins off so they’re clear. Ambrose agrees, he would have done the same to Cena because he doesn’t give a crap about Cena. Ambrose says Cena doesn’t give a crap about him either. Ambrose says they both don’t care what people think about them. Ambrose says he has no problem dropping Cena where he stands and taking on The Authority alone. Cena comes back through the ropes and reminds Ambrose about the cinder block incident. Cena says Ambrose has something he hasn’t seen in a long time – guts. Cena says but saying and doing what you want has consequences. Cena says he has no problem with dropping Ambrose’s ass either. Cena tells Ambrose to don’t give him a reason to dislike him. They stare at each other. Ambrose says he’s hungry and might take a ride to Coney Island. He tosses the mic at Cena and makes his way up the ramp as his music plays.
– Still to come, Roman Reigns, Rusev and Lana. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and Cole shows us what just happened with Ambrose and Cena. We also get footage of Ambrose walking down in the subway and getting on the Q train to Coney Island.
– Triple H and John Cena are backstage. Triple H asks what’s with the kids these days. He says the kids like Ambrose don’t realize the opportunity they get. Triple H points out Ambrose has left Cena hanging and it’s now a 3-on-1 handicap match. Triple H says he’s going to make Seth Rollins start the match, that way Cena knows he can get a piece of Rollins. Triple H tells Cena to keep calm and never give up.
Brie Bella vs. Summer Rae
We go to the ring and Brie Bella is getting one arm tied behind her back, per The Authority. We see Nikki Bella watching from the stage. Layla is also at ringside. Summer takes control and slams Brie’s face into the turnbuckles several times. Summer tosses Brie for a 2 count. Summer continues to take advantage of the handicap and kick Brie around. Layla taunts Brie on the ropes. Brie turns it around out of nowhere and hits a big running knee to the face for the win.
Winner: Brie Bella
– After the match, Brie’s arm is untied and she gets a big “yes!” chant going.
– Kane is backstage and someone has sent him a gift basket. The Miz and Damien Sandow walk in. The basket is their way of saying sorry about comments they made about The Authority last week. Kane says they see right through Miz and Sandow. Kane books Miz vs. Sheamus for tonight. They leave but Sandow comes back to take the fruit basket. Back to commercial.
Jack Swagger vs. Tyson Kidd
Back from the break and out comes Jack Swagger with Zeb Colter to a pop. Tyson Kidd waits in the ring with Natalya and they’re arguing. Swagger takes control early on and gets a big “we the people” from the crowd. Kidd counters and goes to the floor for a breather. Swagger follows and Kidd puts Natalya in the way as a shield. Kidd comes back with a kick to the face. Kidd argues with Natalya and goes back to work on Swagger with stomps. Kidd with a neckbreaker and a pin attempt. Kidd with a headlock now. Swagger comes back and hits the Swagger Bomb. Kidd blocks and goes for the Sharpshooter. Swagger counters with the Patriot Lock but Kidd gets the ropes before it can be applied. Kidd with a big kick. Kidd goes to the top but Swagger runs up and brings him to the mat. Swagger with a Patriot Lock for the win.
Winner: Jack Swagger
– After the match, Kidd clutches his ankle and looks upset at Natalya.
– Cole hypes the Edge and Christian on the WWE Network tonight after RAW. We see the two at WWE studios in Stamford in a pre-taped video. They knocked Cole and talked about the special.
– Still to come, Cena vs. Orton, Kane and Rollins. Also, Roman Reigns will give an update on his condition. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and Michael Cole is with Roman Reigns, live via satellite. Reigns says he’s doing a lot better and doctors are happy with his progression. He’s started moving around more. Reigns said he would much rather be at RAW in Brooklyn and gets a pop. He’s counting down the days until he puts the vest back on and comes back to kick everybody’s ass. Reigns said with the right positive attitude, that return is going to come a lot sooner than later.
El Torito vs. Hornswoggle
Back from a commercial and out comes Los Matadores with El Torito. Titus O’Neil, Heath Slater and Hornswoggle, dressed as the alligator, are out next. They call him Mini-Gator.
The bell rings and they have a showdown. Mini-Gator charges but Torito keeps dodging him. Torito jumps on the Gator’s back and slaps him around. Torito has words with Titus as fans chant “this is stupid.” Mini-Gator does the Gator Roll on Slater and fans boo. He didn’t know he had the wrong guy. They go on and fans aren’t buying it. Torito finally gets the win on Mini-Gator.
Winner: El Torito
– Cole talks about Rusev vs. Big Show. We see Big Show backstage talking to a crew member. Up next, Show will be forced to listen to Rusev and Lana. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and out comes Rusev and Lana to the ring. Lana says today is a great day because it’s the birthday of the most powerful man in the world, Russian President Vladimir Putin, who we see on the big screen. Fans boo him. Lana tells fans to rise and pay respect to Rusev. Nobody stands but they boo. Lana says there will be no match with Big Show because Show was suspended for desecrating the Russian flag. She says Show should be in prison, like all of the fans. She says fans have committed a hate crime by supporting Show. A big USA chant breaks out. Lana tells everyone to shut up. Lana calls everyone bigots. Rusev speaks and says what he will do to Big Show but we can’t understand him and he gets the “what?” treatment. Rusev says America is no super power, America is nothing. Rusev calls Show to the ring. Rusev waits on Show and calls him a coward, just like all of the fans. The Rock’s music hits and out he comes to a huge pop.
Rock takes it all in for a few minutes on the stage before heading to the ring and posing. The music stops and Rock laughs as fans start a “holy shit” chant. Fans chant “this is awesome” and Rock hasn’t even spoke yet. Rock says Lana and Rusev need to know their role and shut their mouth. Rock picks on how Rusev wears his shorts and says he has a Moscow moose knuckle. Rock says he woke up, worked out and flew to The Big Apple, getting another pop. Fans chant “Rocky” now. Rock talks about landing in NYC today and says he visited the Meat Packing District, Lana’s favorite area of the city. Rock says he paid respect to The Captain and gets a “Derek Jeter” chant going. Rock does the “finally…” promo and gets another big pop. Lana asks Rock who he thinks he is. Fans boo.
Lana tells Rock to shut up. Rock tells her to stop dressing like a Soviet street walker. Rusev approaches Rock now. Fans boo as Rusev takes the mic. He calls Rock an American piece of garbage. Rusev says this is Rock’s last warning… leave now or get crushed. Rock mocks Rusev and his breath. Rock says Lana is beautiful in person but walks around like someone shoved a Smirnoff bottle in her Putin. Rock does the “it doesn’t matter” line on Rusev. Rock says there’s a reason why nobody has been able to beat Rusev – he’s bigger, stronger, more dangerous than most in the back. Rock calls them both international assholes. Lana says Rusev is hungry and Rusev readies for a fight. Rock says just like the great Jay-Z once said, “allow me to re-introduce myself…” Rock introduces himself like only he can and unloads on Rusev with right hands. The crowd goes nuts. Rock sends Rusev over the top rope. Rock does the “if ya smell…” line and his music hits. Lana and Rusev make their exit as Rock celebrates. We go to the announcers and see Rock going around ringside and greeting fans. He greets the announcers as well. Rock hops into the crowd and hugs two fans in wheelchairs. He goes back over and greets more fans at ringside as his music plays.
– We get a look back at Cena and Ambrose from earlier tonight. We get another shot of The Rock posing on the stage. Still to come, Cena vs. Rollins, Kane and Orton. Back to commercial.
Paige and Alicia Fox vs. WWE Divas champion AJ Lee and Emma
Back from the break and out comes Paige with Alicia Fox. WWE Divas Champion AJ Lee is out next followed by her partner Emma, who got a decent reaction. AJ and Alicia start the match. AJ throws Alicia into Paige on the apron, sending her to the floor. AJ slams Paige into the announcers table and chases her back through the ring. Emma tags in and dances for Alicia. Alicia hits her with a running knee and throws her out to the apron. Emma fights back in with a shoulder and a kick to the face. Emma rolls Alicia up for a 2 count. Emma dances around and charges in the corner but Alicia blocks it. Alicia misses in the corner and Emma gets the ropes submission applied. Emma hits the splash in the corner. AJ looks frustrated and wants a tag. AJ drops off the apron and walks away with her title. Emma looks confused. Emma turns around to a kick to the face from Paige. Paige hits the Ram-Paige on Emma for the win.
Winners: Alicia Fox and Paige
– After the match, AJ looks on from the stage as Alicia and Paige taunt her.
– We get another vignette from The Wyatt Family. This vignette focuses more on Erick Rowan. Wyatt says he fixed Rowan. Rowan says not to apologize, he will hurt them like they hurt him. “It’s coming” is written on a pregnant women’s belly to end the vignette. Back to commercial.
– We come back to a graphic and applause for Bruno Sammartino, who is celebrating his 79th birthday today.
WWE United Stated champion Sheamus vs. The Miz in a non-title match
We go to the ring and out comes The Miz with his stunt double Damien Sandow. WWE United States Champion Sheamus is out next for a non-title match.
Back from the break and Miz takes control with forearms and elbows in the corner. Fans chant for Sandow. Miz with a 2 count on Sheamus. A “we want Sandow” chant starts next. Sandow has been at ringside copying Miz the whole time. Sandow gets a cheap shot on Sheamus and the crowd pops big. Miz with a 2 count on Sheamus. A “Sandow’s better” chant starts next and the announcers acknowledge it. Sheamus runs over Miz with forearms. Sheamus with a shoulder and a high knee. Sheamus and Miz are both getting booed now. Sheamus with a high knee in the corner and another big slam. Sheamus goes for a Brogue but Sandow pulls Miz out of the ring. Sheamus follows and throws Sandow into the barrier to boos. Miz with a cheap shot on Sheamus. Miz rolls him back in the ring. They get on the apron and Miz moves, leaving Sandow to eat a Brogue Kick off the apron. Miz rolls Sheamus up for the win.
Winner: The Miz
– After the match, Sheamus goes after Miz and Sandow with a steel chair but they run away to the back.
– The announcers hype tonight’s main event and lead us to a video showing Hulk Hogan talking about Susan G. Komen last week. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and Jerry Lawler introduces breast cancer survivors and people from Susan G. Komen. He also introduces journalist Joan Lunden, who comes out to the stage. She talks about how the fight against breast cancer is tough but ones going through it shouldn’t be ashamed. She thanks people for their donations and says it really is making a difference. She calls out the names of the survivors at ringside. Lunden says they are the real warrior club. Lunden asks for help again, thanks everyone and wishes everyone a good night. John Cena comes out and hugs Lunden before walking to the back with her.
– Still to come, our main event. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and we get another shot of Edge and Christian from WWE studios in Stamford. They take another shot at Cole and plug their special on the WWE Network after RAW.
John Cena vs. Kane, Seth Rollins, and Randy Orton
We go to the ring and out first comes John Cena for tonight’s main event. Fans begin chanting as soon as Cena’s music hits. Randy Orton is out next to a big mixed reaction. Kane is out next followed by Seth Rollins, who must start the match with Cena. Rollins starts but immediately tags out to Kane. Cena takes Kane to the corner. Cena knocks Rollins off the apron but gets dropped by Kane. Orton and Kane keep Cena down and tag in Rollins when Cena is beat up. Rollins takes Cena to another corner and beats him down. Rollins with a big running shot in the corner. Cena makes a comeback on Rollins but Kane comes in and causes the disqualification.
Winner by DQ: John Cena
– After the bell, Orton, Kane and Rollins beat Cena down. Orton readies for a RKO but Dean Ambrose’s music hits and out he comes with a hot dog cart. Ambrose tosses his hot dog as Kane and Orton approach him on the ramp. Ambrose squirts them with ketchup and mustard. Ambrose rams the cart into Kane. He hits the ring and unloads on Rollins. Orton and Kane, covered in condiments, come back in the ring to join the fight. Cena also joins in. Rollins goes over the top. Cena hits Orton with an Attitude Adjustment. Kane goes down with a clothesline. Ambrose runs the ropes and leaps out onto Rollins on the floor. Ambrose throws sauerkraut, relish and hot dog buns all over Rollins. Ambrose grabs a pair of tongs and grabs Rollins below the belt with them. Kane comes to help but Cena brings him in the ring and hits an AA. Ambrose and Cena face off in the ring. Triple H’s music hits and out he comes with Stephanie. He announces Cena vs. Ambrose at Hell In a Cell with the winner facing Rollins later that night inside the Cell. Ambrose ends up laying Cena out and standing over him as RAW goes off the air.