WWE Monday Night RAW
Location: New Orleans, LA
Date: June 8, 2015
Commentators: Michael Cole, JBL and Byron Saxton
Tonight’s WWE RAW opens up from New Orleans with Michael Cole, JBL and Byron Saxton, who is filling in for Booker T. Cena makes a mention of the broken nose suffered last night and heads to the ring.
Cena declares that the champ is here. Cena hypes Money In the Bank and his match with NXT Champion Kevin Owens, calling it the most anticipated rematch in WWE history. Cena says he will prove that his time isn’t up, he’s just getting started. Cena goes on and out comes Owens.
Owens speaks from the ramp and says all Cena is doing is proving his point – that Cena really is delusional. Owens says Cena is delusional if he thinks he will win on Sunday. Cena’s delusional if he thinks people want to see him kick off RAW with an Open Challenge for the United States Title. Owens says people are tired of watching Cena open RAW as he’s done for 10 years now. Owens proposes a NXT Title Open Challenge instead and it’s met with a very mixed reaction. Cena likes that idea and accepts. Owens enters the ring now and says Cena won’t be wrestling him tonight because they’re wrestling on Sunday. Cena says his open challenges are for anyone who wants to fight. Cena hypes New Orleans and says he is the man to beat. Cena kicks off the US Open Challenge and taunts Owens in his face. Owens says he’s going to ignore all of that and let the next Superstar that comes down the ramp choose which title he wants to fight for. The music hits and comes Neville.
Neville says he’s answered Cena’s challenge before but he would love to fight Cena again… one day. Neville says since becoming NXT Champion, Owens acts like he has a license to disrespect everyone else. Neville says Owens isn’t worthy of the NXT Title. Neville calls himself a proud former NXT Champion and tells Cena he’s here to beat Owens for the NXT Title. Cena leaves the ring and we’ve got a match after the commercial.
NXT title match: Neville vs. NXT champion Kevin Owens
Back from the break and John Cena has joined commentary. The match starts with back and forth. They fight outside of the ring and back in. Owens keeps control and does the cannonball in the corner for a 2 count. Owens drops Neville over the top rope and stomps on him.
Owens keeps Neville grounded now. Owens continues to dominate Neville and tosses him to the floor. Fans boo Owens as we go to commercial.
Back from the break and Owens is in control until Neville hits a big DDT while Owens tries to mock Cena. Owens comes back and drops Neville with an elbow. Neville dumps Owens to the floor and ends up out on the floor with him. Neville brings it back in the ring but Owens tries to fight him off. Neville with a missile dropkick for a 2 count. Owens ends up dropping Neville on his head over the knee for a close 2 count. Owens runs into a kick. Neville with a German suplex. Neville gets hype and picks Owens up for another German, holding it for a 2 count. Neville goes up top for Red Arrow but Owens jumps up and cuts him off. Neville with an enziguri. He goes back up for Red Arrow but Owens rolls out of the way. Neville lands on his feet and nails a kick to the jaw. He goes back up for Red Arrow but Owens hits the ropes. Owens nails the pop-up powerbomb for the win.
Winner: Kevin Owens
– After the win, Owens takes the NXT Title as Cena stands up at the announcers table. They both raise their titles and look at each other. Owens invites Cena to come into the ring and he does. They have a staredown and Owens leaves the ring to boos. Owens talks trash on his way up the ramp as Cena looks on.
– We get a video for Dean Ambrose vs. Seth Rollins. Back to commercial.
– We come back and Cole touts WWE’s half a billion social media followers.
– Triple H and Stephanie McMahon are backstage when Seth Rollins walks in. They’re all upset about the Instagram photos of Dean Ambrose around New Orleans with the WWE World Heavyweight Title belt. They taunt him for his comments about being on his own last week. Triple H is going to let Rollins pick his opponent for tonight so he can show them what he can do. He thanks them for their confidence in him and says he won’t let them down.
– Renee Young is backstage with WWE Divas Champion Nikki Bella. She says Paige is naive and expects everything to be handed to her. Nikki says The Bella Twins have never held anyone back and announces she will be facing Summer Rae tonight, a Diva Paige tried to hold down. Nikki also reveals the title match against Paige on Sunday. Nikki says this may be Paige’s house but she’s living in the Bellas’ world.
Summer Rae vs. WWE Divas champion Nikki Bella in a non-title match
We go to the ring and out comes Summer Rae. Back to commercial.
Back from the break and out comes WWE Divas Champion Nikki Bella for a non-title match. They lock up and go at it. Nikki gets the upperhand and shows off with push-ups. Nikki runs into boots in the corner. Summer comes back and knocks her down for a 2 count. Summer with a submission now.
Nikki fights out but Summer slams her by her hair for a 2 count. Summer drops Nikki with a kick for another 2 count as we see Paige watching backstage. Nikki with a back elbow and a springboard kick out of the corner. Nikki scoops Summer for the Rack Attack and nails it for the win.
Winner: Nikki Bella
– We get a look back at Roman Reigns competing three times last week. Still to come, Reigns will face Kofi Kingston. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and out comes Roman Reigns through the crowd.
Reigns enters the ring and looks up at the Money In the Bank briefcase. He says there was a time that he hated that briefcase but it doesn’t look so bad now that it’s not attached to jackass Seth Rollins. Reigns talks about winning and going on to cash in. He says he believes Dean Ambrose will walk away with the title on Sunday. Kane’s music interrupts and out he comes. They have words and Reigns invites him in the ring to get a broken jaw. Dolph Ziggler‘s music hits and out he comes with a mic. Ziggler takes shots at Kane and calls him the greatest “tool” of The Authority, the biggest tool in WWE. Ziggler talks about winning the briefcase on Sunday. Kane suggests they both watch their mouths. R-Truth’s music interrupts and out he comes.
Truth says he conquered his fear of ladders at WrestleMania and this Sunday… Kane cuts him off and asks why he’s out here. Truth talks about what he’s going to do at Money In the Bank and Kane reminds him he’s not even in the match. Truth says this was his mistake, his bad. Truth apologizes to New Orleans as Reigns and Ziggler laugh in the ring. Truth walks off. Kane goes to talk again but the music interrupts and out come WWE Tag Team Champions The New Day. They cut promos and Kane goes to talk one more time but the music of Sheamus interrupts. He talks about what he’s going to do at Money In the Bank. Randy Orton ends up coming out before we go to commercial.
Sheamus vs. Randy Orton
Back from the break and the match is underway. They fight on the floor and back into the ring with Orton in control. Sheamus with kicks out of the corner. Sheamus with an uppercut and another. Sheamus turns it around in the corner but Orton comes back with uppercuts and strikes into the opposite corner. Lots more back and forth. Sheamus takes Orton to the mat by his arm and works him over.
We come back from a commercial and Sheamus continues to dominate Orton. Orton fights out of a hold but Sheamus drops him with a knee to the gut. Sheamus with another pin attempt after a forearm to the jaw. Sheamus with a headlock now. Orton fights out and hits an uppercut. Sheamus catches him with a big slam for another 2 count.
More back and forth with strikes now. Orton with a kick to the face and a pair of clotheslines. Orton ducks a clothesline and hit the powerslam. Orton runs into a boot in the corner. Sheamus charges and Orton moves, Sheamus hits the ring post. Orton with a big exploder suplex. Orton hits the second rope draping DDT and gets the crowd hype. Orton goes for the RKO but it’s blocked. Orton dodges a Brogue kick and clotheslines Sheamus to the floor. Orton follows but Sheamus rams him into the apron. Sheamus tosses Orton over the announce table. Sheamus grabs a steel chair and swings it but Orton punches him in the gut. Orton tosses the chair at Sheamus and gets the disqualification.
Winner by DQ: Sheamus
– After the bell, Orton tosses Sheamus into the barrier and then the ring post. Orton sends Sheamus into the announce table and back drops him on top of it. Orton sends Sheamus into the steel steps next. Orton stops his face on top of it and brings it back in the ring. Orton hits a RKO in the middle of the ring to a big pop.
– Still to come, Dean Ambrose with the WWE World Heavyweight Title.
– Rollins is backstage when Joey Mercury and Jamie Noble walk in. They understand Rollins was angry last week and earlier tonight when he said some things he didn’t really mean – that he didn’t need J&J Security. Noble says Joey forgives Rollins. They say they would be honored to be in his corner tonight and on Sunday. Rollins gets upset at the forgiving him comment and says he meant every word he said about them. He says he made them relevant and all he wanted in return was a little competence. He calls them the biggest morons in the history of WWE. Noble tells Rollins to screw himself and gets upset. He says Rollins is turning on them just like he did The Shield. They go on and Rollins picks them both to be his opponents tonight. Noble and Rollins start going at it but Mercury gets in the middle. He says they’re not jokes and have had Rollins’ back since day one but tonight they’re kicking his ass. They walk off and we go to commercial.
Dolph Ziggler vs. Kane
Back from the break and they go at it. Kane catches Ziggler in mid-air but Ziggler slides out and nails dropkicks. Ziggler goes for a big splash in the corner but Kane knocks him out of the air with a big right hand. We see Lana looking on from the stage. Kane stomps away now. Kane keeps control and connects with another big right hand.
Kane with a big clothesline in the corner for a 2 count. Kane keeps Ziggler grounded with a headlock now. Kane keeps control and hits a big back drop for another pin attempt. Kane with more stomps. Fans chant for Lana as she looks on from the stage. Kane beats Ziggler down in the corner some more. Kane with more offense, a scoop slam and another 2 count. Ziggler with a kick to the face and some strikes. Kane whips him into the corner and hits the sideslam for a 2 count. Lana has walked down the ramp some now. Ziggler jumps up and hits a big DDT for a 2 count. Kane with more offense and another pin attempt as we go to commercial.
Back from the break and Kane rams Ziggler into the corner. Ziggler manages to hit the Fame-asser for a 2 count. Kane blocks a superkick and goes for the chokeslam. Ziggler slides out and connects with a superkick. Lana looks on smiling. Rusev comes out on crutches and tries to get Lana to go to the back. She stumbles off the ramp trying to get around him and goes down on her ankle. Ziggler sees this and is distracted. Kane grabs him and hits a chokeslam for the win.
– After the match referees and Ziggler tend to Lana on the side of the ramp. A trainer comes out as we go back to the announcers.
– We see J&J backstage talking about Rollins.
– Up next, Miz TV with Big Show. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and Ziggler is in the trainer’s room with Lana.
– The Miz is in the ring with the Miz TV set up. Miz talks but is interrupted by WWE Intercontinental Champion Ryback, who will defend against Big Show on Sunday. Ryback tells New Orleans to wake up if Miz has been booing them. Ryback takes a seat and the “feed me more” chants start.
Ryback says he was robbed of the pleasure of Meathooking Miz’s face off last week. Ryback shuts Miz up. Miz calls him ugly. Miz says Ryback and the fans know nothing about the value of having a good looking face. They go back and forth on the mic until Big Show comes out. Show says Miz was the one tag team partner he hated immediately. Show knows Miz is trying to manipulate them. Ryback says he’s not scared of Show and if Show wants the title, he can come get it. Ryback stands up and raises the title as a “feed me more” chant starts. Show stands up, cuts a promo and says he’s going to beat Ryback on Sunday. Miz tries to rile them up and Show threatens to shut his mouth permanently. Miz attacks Show from behind and Show knocks him away. Ryback attacks and Show knocks him down. Show clotheslines Miz to the floor but turns around to a big Shellshocked from Ryback. Fans chant “feed me more” as Ryback gets hype and we go to replays.
– Still to come, Rollins vs. J&J Security in a handicap match. Dean Ambrose is apparently headed to the arena also. Back to commercial.
Los Matadores vs. Erick Rowan and Luke Harper
Back from the break and Los Matadores wait with El Torito as Erick Rowan and Luke Harper make their way out. Rowan starts off for his team.
One of the Matadores tags in with a move off the top for a 2 count on Rowan. Rowan with a clothesline and a tag to Harper. Harper with a big boot and a 2 count. Rowan tags back in and hits a splash for another 2 count. Torito tries to get involved but Rowan sends him to the floor. Rowan goes down from a kick to the knee from Fernando. He goes to tag but Diego is tending to Torito. Harper tags in and they hit the 3D on Fernando for the win.
Winners: Erick Rowan and Luke Harper
– After the match, they hit another 3D. Harper grabs the mic and says the time to pay for “your” sins is coming; the judgment is waiting at “your” door. Rowan says it’s OK to be afraid, “you” should be.
– Kane walks in on Rollins backstage and laughs about Ambrose’s Instagram photos. Kane wishes Rollins good luck in his match tonight and Rollins says he doesn’t need luck. Kane threatens to cash in Money In the Bank after he wins on Sunday. Rollins says he will gladly put his boot in Kane’s ugly, disgusting face. Kane reveals he will be in J&J’s corner tonight and walks off.
– Ambrose is right outside of the arena, according to Instagram, and he’s got a ticket. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and we get plugs for Tough Enough and Ted 2.
Big E vs. Titus O’Neil
We go to the ring and WWE Tag Team Champions The New Day are out. Titus O’Neil is out next with Darren Young. Xavier Woods cheers on from ringside as they lock up and go at it. Big E slams Titus for a quick pin attempt. Big E mounts Titus with rights now.
Big E keeps control and applies an abdominal stretch as fans do the “New Day sucks” chant. Titus finally makes a comeback and tosses Big E. He hits shoulders and goes for a scoop slam but Big E slides out and comes from behind. Titus takes him to the corner for shoulder thrusts and right hands. Titus gets hype and hits a splash in the corner. Titus knocks Big E across the ring. Woods goes after Young on the floor but Titus grabs him. Big E takes advantage of the distraction and hits a Big Ending for the win.
Winner: Big E
– After the match, The New Day celebrates until Roman Reigns’ music hits and out he comes through the crowd.
Roman Reigns vs. Kofi Kingston
Reigns hits the ring as The New Day looks on. Back to commercial.
We come back and they’re going at it. Kofi has to take a breather early on but he comes back in and takes control as Woods runs his mouth at ringside. Kofi works Reigns over in the corner now. Reigns finally makes a comeback with a big clothesline. Reigns sends Kofi flying over the top rope in front of his partners. Reigns follows and slams Kofi’s face into the announce table. Reigns with the big apron dropkick. Reigns comes back in the ring as Big E and Woods check on Kofi at ringside. Reigns looks to dive out of the ring as they scatter. He runs back around the ring and floors Woods. Kofi takes advantage and drops Reigns at ringside. We go to commercial with Big E talking trash to Reigns.
Back from the break and Kofi has been controlling Reigns with the help of his partners. Kofi with a 2 count now. Kofi with kicks and another 2 count. Reigns fights out of a hold but Kofi trips him on his face. Kofi goes to the top for a big shot but Reigns kicks out at 2 again. Reigns with another comeback now. Kofi misses a splash in the corner and Reigns runs over him with two clotheslines. Reigns rams Kofi back into the corner and splashes him. Kofi ducks a big right hand but Reigns slams him for a 2 count.
Kofi fights Reigns off but has SOS countered for a roll up. Reigns powers up with a sit-down powerbomb for a 2 count. Kofi gets up and Reigns waits for the Superman punch but has to knock Big E off the apron. Woods comes in next and distracts Reigns. Kofi rolls him up from behind for 2. Reigns runs into a kick in the corner. Kofi comes off the top but Reigns hits him on the way down with a Superman punch. Reigns covers for the win.
Winner: Roman Reigns
– After the match, Reigns goes to ringside and grabs a steel chair. He leans against the barrier and waits as Dean Ambrose’s music hits. Ambrose comes through the crowd with popcorn, soda, beads from Bourbon Street and the WWE World Heavyweight Title. He greets Reigns at the barrier as we see Triple H and Stephanie watching backstage with Rollins, who is going to get his title after some nudging from The Authority. Ambrose takes his front row seat from Reigns and we go to commercial.
Handicap non-title match: WWE world heavyweight champion Seth Rollins vs. Joey Mercury and Jamie Noble
Back from the break and out comes WWE World Heavyweight Champion Seth Rollins by himself and without his title. Ambrose looks on with the title from the front row. Out next comes J&J Security to Kane’s music. Mercury starts off with Rollins and they lock up but break. Rollins taunts Mercury.
They lock up and trade holds. Mercury scrambles to the corner and in comes Noble. They lock up and also trade holds. Rollins drops Noble with a shoulder and tosses hi outside of the ring in front of Kane. Mercury also gets tossed out. Rollins invites them back in the ring as they regroup and talk with Kane.
Mercury and Noble corner Rollins as Kane distracts the referee. They beat Rollins down and knock him over the top rope in front of Ambrose, who covers him in popcorn. Rollins comes back in and they double team with Mercury hitting a dropkick for a 2 count. Mercury with a deep arm drag now. Rollins drops Mercury and knocks Noble off the apron. Rollins sends Mercury to the floor and tosses him into the barrier. Rollins stares at Ambrose as he beats Mercury around ringside. Rollins tosses Mercury into the barrier right in front of Ambrose, who laughs in Rollins’ face. Rollins brings it back in the ring and hits a big forearm on Mercury in the corner. Mercury and Noble have words as fans start chanting for Mercury. Mercury misses a punch and crawls for the tag but Rollins stomps on his hand.
Rollins whips Mercury hard into the corner and he goes down. Mercury counters and gets a 2 count on Rollins. Rollins comes right back and knocks him down, keeping him grounded. Mercury rolls out of the way in the corner and Rollins goes down. Noble gets the hot tag and unloads on Rollins. Noble gets hype, dances around and hits a swinging neckbreaker for a 1 count. Noble goes to the top as fans chant “you still got it” but Rollins crotches him. Rollins knocks Mercury to the floor. Rollins grabs Noble and suplexes him in from the apron but Mercury trips Rollins and Noble falls on top of him for a 2 count. Noble tries for another roll up but Rollins kick him in the face. Mercury comes from behind but Rollins blocks him and drops him with an elbow. Rollins powerbombs Mercury into Noble in the corner. Mercury gets tossed to the floor as Rollins starts stalking Noble. Rollins smacks Noble around and goes for the Pedigree but Ambrose jumps the barrier. He slides the title in the ring and Rollins goes for it. Mercury tags in and comes from behind, rolling Rollins up for the win.
Winners: Joey Mercury and Jamie Noble
– After the match, Rollins recovers as Kane celebrates with J&J at ringside. Rollins smiles as he raises the WWE World Heavyweight Title belt in the ring once again. Ambrose comes from behind and lays Rollins out with Dirty Deeds. Ambrose takes the belt once again and raises it as his music hits. Kane takes off to the back with J&J as Ambrose marches to the group of ladders set up beside the stage. Ambrose climbs a ladder and raises the title as Rollins looks on from the ring. RAW goes off the air with Ambrose holding the title high.