WWE Monday Night RAW
Location: Dallas, TX
Date: April 4, 2016
Tonight’s WWE RAW opens up with a WrestleMania 32 video package. We go to the normal RAW opening video.
– We’re live from a sold out American Airlines Center in Dallas with Michael Cole, JBL and Byron Saxton. They talk about the unique crowd at the post-WrestleMania RAW and basically warn us that they’re just having fun. JBL says let’s get the party started.
– We go to the stage and out comes Vince McMahon to a pop. The music stops and fans are still singing.
Vince says “no chance” just like what his son Shane McMahon had against The Undertaker. Vince touts the WrestleMania attendance and unfortunately we have a new WWE World Heavyweight Champion. Fans boo. Vince says he took care of business this morning and got rid of the lock box, taking full control of the company. Vince says seeing his grandsons go out with Shane tugged at his heart a little but he enjoyed Taker beating up Shane. Vince says when Shane went to the top of the Hell In a Cell, that was the only time where the feels got him. Vince said to himself, “don’t do it,” and he had no idea it meant that much to Shane where he would risk his life. Vince says it also reinforces how foolish Shane is. Fans chant something and Vince talks about how wild this crowd is every year, saying they do crazy and nutty things. Vince tells us to enjoy RAW and says it’s one we will never forget. His music hits but Shane’s interrupts and out he comes to confront his dad on the stage.
Shane looks like he can barely walk out. Fans chant his name. Vince asks why he’s here and says he expected him to be in the hospital. Fans chant “thank you Shane” and Shane thanks them back. Shane says that’s all he wanted to come do. Two things, number one, since he’s the only man in the family and they do things face to face, he came to shake Vince’s hand. Shane shakes Vince’s hand and says he won. Fans boo. Shane says the second thing is he wanted to thank all of the fans. Shane says he will never forget what they gave him. He gets emotional and we see the big bruise on his face. Fans chant “thank you Shane” and “you still got it” at him. Vince tells the crowd not to enable Shane and says it’s their fault he got the hell beat out of him. Shane thanks everyone again and says goodbye. His music hits and fans chant “no!” as he goes to the back. Vince stops him and mentions how he thought how crazy RAW would be if Shane ran it. Fans chant “let him run it” now. Vince says alright, let’s see what the hell Shane has. The announcers say Shane is running the show tonight and fans pop. Shane heads to the back and we go to the announcers.
– The music hits and out come WWE Tag Team Champions The New Day to a big pop. They go to do their promos and start dancing as fans sing about wanting some booty. Big E says things didn’t go as planned at WrestleMania. However, Kofi Kingston says he did get to twerk with Shawn Michaels. Kofi brings up Steve Austin hitting a Stunner on Xavier Woods. Woods admits it was his own fault after reviewing the tape. They say but everything was lit and the crowd pops. They have the last piece of Booty O’s cereal from their entrance last night.
Fans chant for Booty O’s and they worship the last piece of cereal. Woods brings up The League of Booty and says they will remain the WWE Tag Team Champions after tonight. Big E gets the “New Day rocks” chant going as we go to commercial.
WWE Tag Team Title Match: Sheamus and King Barrett vs. The New Day
Back from the break and Lilian Garcia is dancing with The New Day. We see Italian and French announce teams at ringside as Sheamus, King Barrett, Rusev and Alberto Del Rio come out.
Sheamus and Kofi go at it to start the match. The New Day ends up taking control early on and dancing. A distraction allows Sheamus to push Kofi off the top to the floor. Barrett sends Kofi into the apron and brings him back in for a 2 count. Barrett keeps control as we go to commercial.
Back from the break and Sheamus is in control of Kofi. Sheamus mocks the wave the crowd is doing. Kofi turns it around and both go down. Big E and Barrett tag in. Big E with a belly-to-belly suplex and another. Big E knocks Sheamus off the apron and hits Barrett with a third belly-to-belly. Big E dances over Barrett and hits the big splash as Woods plays Francesca 2. Big E runs into a knee in the corner. Big E sends Barrett into Sheamus on the apron, knocking him off. Big E scoops Barrett and Kofi goes up top for the double team and the win.
Winners: The New Day
– After the match, The New Day goes to the ramp to celebrate as The League of Nations regroups in the ring. Sheamus yells at them and has the music cut. Fans boo as Sheamus starts talking about how he’s sick and tired. Sheamus says they should be destroying everyone in WWE. Fans chant “how you doin’?” at them. Sheamus asks if they’re done and tells them to shut up. Sheamus says you’re only as strong as your weakest link. Del Rio and Rusev grab Barrett and Sheamus lays him out with a Brogue Kick. They kick Barrett out of the ring and fans start singing goodbye. The lights go out and The Wyatt Family is in the ring. Bray Wyatt, Erick Rowan and Braun Strowman are beating The League down.
The Wyatt Family destroys Sheamus, Rusev and Del Rio. They clear the ring and Wyatt nails Sister Abigail on Sheamus to a pop. Fans chant “thank you Wyatts” now. The Wyatt Family poses over Sheamus and Bray yells to follow the buzzards. The lights hit again and we go to commercial.
– Back from the break and Renee Young catches up with Vince backstage as he gets in his limousine. Vince is leaving because tonight is going to be a disaster, not because he’s confident in Shane. Vince tells Renee this is temporary.
– We go to the ring and Summer Rae is in with a mic. Her team may have lost at WrestleMania 32 but at least she didn’t end up on her face like Sasha Banks. She says Sasha wasted her WrestleMania moment. The music hits and out comes Sasha to a big pop.
Summer Rae vs. Sasha Banks
Sasha tells Summer she’s still The Boss and slaps her. They go at it to start the match. Summer takes control with a kick for a 2 count. Summer keeps Sasha grounded now. Summer slaps Sasha and talks trash. Sasha backs her into the corner with thrusts. Sasha with double knees for a 2 count. Summer fights back but Sasha ducks a spin kick. Summer blocks the Backstabber and rolls Sasha up for a 2 count. Sasha turns it around to the Banks Statement for the win.
Winner: Sasha Banks
– We get a vignette for WWE NXT Superstar Apollo Crews, who is next. Crews is backstage talking to Shane as we go to commercial.
– Back from the break and the announcers look back at WrestleMania 32.
Tyler Breeze vs. Apollo Crews
We go to the ring and out comes Tyler Breeze. WWE NXT Superstar Apollo Crews is out next for his RAW debut.
They go at it to start. Crews catches Breeze in a huge slam for a 2 count. Breeze ends up turning it around and going for a few pin attempts. Breeze keeps Crews grounded now. Crews turns it around with the press and the standing moonsault. Crews with the powerbomb for the win.
Winner: Apollo Crews
– Crews celebrates after the match and gets a good pop.
– Still to come, the official presentation of the WWE Women’s Title. Also, Roman Reigns will be here.
– Back from the break and out comes new WWE World Heavyweight Champion Roman Reigns to big boos. JBL says the fans are just having fun. Reigns says come on, he’s not a bad guy, he’s not a good guy… he’s THE guy. The crowd boos louder. That’s why he beat Triple H‘s ass at the biggest WrestleMania of all-time. Reigns says Shane he was bringing the title to the ring in case anyone wanted it. He drops the mic and waits. The music hits and out comes Chris Jericho.
Jericho knocks the crowd and says Reigns is just another guy. He rips Reigns and tells the crowd he’s not letting them hijack the show on his watch. Jericho talks about beating AJ Styles at WrestleMania 32. He says he buried Styles in the ring and wants to do the same to Reigns. Jericho wants the title and demands Reigns put him at the head of the line. The music hits and out comes AJ Styles to a pop.
As soon as AJ makes it in the ring, out comes Kevin Owens and he’s not in a good mood. Owens comes in and without a mic, talks trash to Reigns about the title. Sami Zayn is out next to a pop. Everyone wants Reigns’ title and he’s surrounded. Owens and Sami start brawling out of nowhere. AJ and Jericho go at it. Sami sends Owens to the floor. Sami faces off with Reigns and Reigns holds his arms open. Sami runs the ropes and leaps out onto Owens. Styles turns to Reigns now. He turns back around and Jericho dumps him to the floor. Fans boo Jericho as he talks trash. Jericho turns around to a spear from Reigns to more boos. Reigns’ music hits and he poses with the title as the boos continue and we go to replays. Reigns stops on the steps and takes it all in as we go to the announcers.
– Still to come, a Tables Match.
– Back from a break and Reigns is walking backstage. Fans boo. Shane walks up and congratulates him on becoming champion. He announces Jericho vs. Owens vs. Zayn vs. Styles in a #1 contenders match.
Baron Corbin vs. Dolph Ziggler
We go to the ring and see the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal trophy at ringside. The third winner of the match Baron Corbin makes his way out to a pop. We get a look back at his win from last night at WrestleMania 32. Corbin poses beside the trophy and takes the mic. Corbin says he doesn’t care if people don’t know who he is, the trophy is all we need to know. Corbin says he’s carved a path of devastation and broken dreams to get here. He says his arrival signals the End of Days for anyone that stands in his way. Dolph Ziggler’s music hits and out he comes.
Corbin corners Ziggler but Ziggler escapes. Ziggler sizes Corbin up and tries to avoid another attack but Corbin throws him in the corner. Ziggler turns it around and unloads. Corbin with a big elbow. Ziggler keeps control and nails a dropkick. Corbin is still standing and drops Ziggler with another big elbow. Ziggler ends up on the apron and tries to pull himself in but Corbin knocks him out of the air. Ziggler hits the floor as we go to commercial.
Back from the break and Corbin has Ziggler down. Ziggler fights up and out but Corbin keeps a hold applied. Ziggler fights out and Corbin runs into an elbow in the corner. Ziggler sends Corbin to the floor but he lands on his feet and comes right back in. Corbin charges but Ziggler moves and Corbin hits the ring post. Ziggler is also down.
Ziggler with two splashes in the corner and a bunch of right hands. Corbin blocks a neckbreaker but Ziggler hits a DDT for a 2 count. Ziggler goes on and hits a Fame-asser but Corbin kicks out. They both get up and Corbin blocks the Zig Zag. Corbin catches Ziggler in a Deep Six for a close 2 count. Corbin argues with the referee. They end up on the floor and Corbin sends Ziggler over the barrier with a big boot. Corbin follows into the crowd and sends Ziggler into a trash can it looks like. The referee counts them both out.
Double Count Out
– After the bell, Corbin yells at the referee and says this is on him. He goes back to Ziggler and brings him over the barrier. Corbin yells at the referee again, about this being his fault. Ziggler fights back at ringside but Corbin nails him and hits End of Days on the floor. Corbin’s music hits as he heads to the back. We see the referee checking on Ziggler at ringside as Corbin looks back from the stage.
– Still to come, a look at the No Holds Barred Street Fight from last night. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and we get more WrestleMania talk.
– New WWE Intercontinental Champion Zack Ryder makes his way to the ring as we get a look at his big win last night. Fans chant “you deserve it” at him. Ryder says last night was the greatest night of his life. His dream came true and he finally had his WrestleMania moment. Ryder shows us the photo from when he was a kid, holding Razor Ramon’s IC Title with him. He shows us a new photo from backstage last night, with Scott Hall holding Ryder’s IC Title. Ryder says he’s not going to be long-winded but he has to thank someone… his dad, who is in the front row. Ryder thanks his dad for being there, taking him to Madison Square Garden and encouraging him to believe in his dreams… the music hits and out comes The Miz to interrupt.
Miz mocks Ryder’s promo and calls him a one-hit wonder, a flash in the pan. Miz enters the ring and says Ryder ruined his WrestleMania moment, in front of his wife Maryse and family. Miz says he was so close to the title. Ryder that sucks for him, bro. Miz says it does not suck to be him. Miz plays to the crowd and gets some heat. Miz says Ryder was lucky to be in the match and lucky to win the title but if he wants to prove his name deserves to be mentioned with the likes of Razor Ramon, Shawn Michaels and The Miz, then Ryder will give Miz a title shot right now. Ryder says he has nothing to prove to Miz. They go on and Miz takes a shot at Ryder’s dad. Ryder accepts the challenge and we have a match.
WWE Intercontinental Title Match: The Miz vs. Zack Ryder
The referee enters the ring and holds up the title. We get the bell and they lock up. Miz drops Ryder with a shoulder first. Miz goes for the backbreaker and neckbreaker but Ryder counters and hits a dropkick.
Miz runs into double knees. Ryder with another dropkick for a 2 count. Ryder goes on and hits a hurricanrana from the top. Miz goes to the floor and Ryder dropkicks him through the ropes. We go to commercial with Ryder in control on the floor.
Back from the break and Miz keeps in control after bringing it back in. Ryder makes a comeback but misses a dropkick. Miz takes back control. They both miss finishers and trade close pin attempts. Ryder goes to the top as fans chant for him but Miz cuts him off. Miz climbs up for a superplex but Ryder fights him and sends him to the mat. Ryder nails the big ElBro drop for a close 2 count as Miz gets his foot on the bottom rope.
Miz drops Ryder with a boot. Miz misses the big clothesline in the corner and gets hung up. Ryder with a running strike to the back of the head. Ryder goes for the Broski Boot but Miz rolls to the floor. Ryder dropkicks him through the ropes, into the barrier. Ryder comes out and Miz rams him into the apron, then drops him face first on the barrier in front of his dad. Ryder’s dad talks trash and Miz gets in his face. Ryder’s dad shoves Miz to the floor and Miz is shocked. Ryder runs over and drops Miz with a right hand. Ryder brings it back in the ring. Fans chant for Mr. Ryder. We see Maryse come over a barrier and walk around the ring to in front of Ryder’s dad. They argue and she slaps him. The distraction leads to Miz hitting Skull Crushing Finale for the win.
Winner and New WWE Intercontinental Champion: The Miz
– It looks like security is trying to take Maryse away after the match but she joins Miz in the ring to celebrate. Ryder is down at ringside in front of his dad. Miz and Maryse taunt them and continue the celebration.
– Renee Young is backstage with Kevin Owens, who cuts a promo on Sami Zayn. Owens says he’s moving on to bigger things, like Reigns and the WWE World Heavyweight title.
– We see The Flairs and Shane McMahon backstage before going to commercial.
– Back from the break and the ring is filled with WWE Hall of Famer Lita and several female Superstars. There’s a podium in the ring with the new WWE Women’s Title on it. Lita talks about women who paved the way and introduces the new WWE Women’s Champion Charlotte. She comes out with WWE Hall of Famer Ric Flair and Lita officially presents her with the title. Fans hijack her promo and there’s a good amount of silence from Charlotte as they catch her off-guard. She pulls it together, thanks them and says this is the future. JBL says the fans are rude. Fans chant “women’s wrestling” now.
Charlotte gets a little cockier with her promo and gives props to her dad. She says the fans energy at WrestleMania fueled her to her title. Fans chant for Sasha and Charlotte counters them with “whooos” and turns her attention to Sasha Banks, then Becky Lynch. This leads to all the female Superstars walking out of the ring. Natalya takes a mic at ringside and says Charlotte needs a lesson in humility. She comes back in the ring and says she was the woman who gave Charlotte some of her best matches, like at Roadblock, but Charlotte doesn’t respect her. Charlotte says this is her moment. Natalya says Charlotte may be genetically superior but she has the heart of a champion. Natalya tells her to put her genetics up against hers. Charlotte says the title proves her family will always be better than Natalya’s. Natalya tackles her and applies a Sharpshooter but Flair helps her to safety. Natalya’s music hits and she looks on from the ring as Charlotte raises the title on the ramp.
– Renee is backstage with AJ Styles. He says he didn’t come to WWE to lose one WrestleMania match and then be gone, he came to be the WWE World Heavyweight Champion. He says a new era begins tonight and that era is phenomenal.
– Still to come, tonight’s Tables Match. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and we get a vignette “from Puerto Rico” for Primo and Epico. It looks like Los Matadores are done.
Tables Match: The Usos vs. The Dudley Boyz
We go to the ring and out comes The Usos first. The Dudley Boyz are out next as we see the tables set up outside of the ring.
The bell rings and both teams go at it. The Dudleyz take it to the floor where tables are. Bubba Ray Dudley launches Jey Uso into a table but it doesn’t break. Jimmy Uso takes control of D-Von Dudley. Jey and Bubba come back in the ring and go at it now. Bubba dodges a superkick and drops Uso with a boot. Jimmy comes in, Bubba talks trash and then slams him. Bubba holds Uso as D-Von goes up top for the big headbutt. Bubba calls for D-Von to get the tables, then says “screw you” and goes to the floor to get them. A play off their Hall of Fame speech? The Usos recover and dropkick both Dudleyz on the floor as we go to commercial.
Back from the break and D-Von is trying to superplex an Uso through a table but it’s blocked. Uso rocks Bubba and positions him on the table but he rolls off. Uso nails a Superfly splash anyway on the mat. More back and forth and back to the floor. The Usos both jump off the barriers and take The Dudleyz down. They bring it back in the ring and place The Dudleyz on top of tables as fans boo. They go back to the tops for splashes in-stereo but The Dudleyz move and The Usos crash through the tables. They ring the bell and announce the winner early. D-Von grabs one of The Usos and throws him through a table in the corner for the win.
Winners: The Dudley Boyz
– After the match, Bubba yells about the early bell.
– Renee is backstage with Sami Zayn. He talks about how people never thought he would be in WWE, much less going for the gold. He thought WrestleMania was the biggest night of his career but tonight is bigger. He knows no one owes him anything so he needs this win to prove he can be champion. Owens attacks from behind and lays Sami out. Owens works him over as officials arrive and we go to commercial.
– Back from the break and we see what just happened to Sami.
Enzo and Cass hit the ring for their intros. The Dudleyz watch from the ramp. Enzo calls them haters and ugly as hell. He rips on them and says they didn’t come to play games. Enzo calls out D-Von and his lazy eye as the crowd pops. Another “how you doin’?” chant starts. Enzo isn’t done. Enzo goes on and The Dudleyz aren’t happy. Cass challenges to come to the ring and do something about it. The Dudleyz march to the ring and jump on the apron but back off to boos. Cass calls them “sawft” and the crowd spells it with him. The two teams stare each other down.
– Still to come, tonight’s Fatal 4 Way. Back to commercial.
#1 Contenders Fatal 4 Way: Cesaro vs. Kevin Owens vs. Chris Jericho vs. AJ Styles
The participants come out and it’s announced that Sami has not been cleared to compete due to the attack. Lilian announces his replacement, per Shane McMahon, and out comes Cesaro to a big pop for his return.
Lots of good back and forth action to start. Cesaro with a 2 count on Styles as we go to commercial.
Back from the break and Jericho goes at it with AJ. Cesaro launches Owens into the barrier outside of the ring. They come back in and Owens stops a Cesaro Swing on Jericho. Owens goes for the Swing on Cesaro but eats an uppercut instead. Jericho chops Cesaro and sends him to the floor. Styles and Jericho go at it now. AJ beats Jericho down in the corner. Jericho fights back and nails a dropkick as fans chant “this is wrestling” now.
They do a big 4 man powerbomb spot out of the corner with Cesaro leading the way. More back and forth. Cesaro with uppercuts, including a big one on Styles for a 2 count. Jericho ends up doing a poke to Cesaro’s eye, then clotheslining him to the floor. Owens and Jericho go at it. Owens powerbombs Jericho and covers for a 2 count. Jericho dodges the cannonball and hits the bulldog. Owens gets his knees up and blocks the Lionsault. Styles springboards in and hits the big 450 for a 2 count on Jericho as Cesaro breaks the pin. Owens with a 2 count on AJ. More back and forth and pin attempts. Cesaro hits the Uppercut Train on Styles and Owens. Jericho runs into an uppercut and the crowd pops.
Cesaro now does a three-way Uppercut Train on all of his opponents Jericho gets caught up in a Cesaro Swing. Owens breaks it up at 10 rotations. Owens ends up hitting a pop-up powerbomb on Styles but Jericho breaks the pin just in time. Owens goes for the pop-up powerbomb on Jericho but he lands on his feet and hits a Codebreaker. Cesaro breaks the pin attempt. Jericho chops away on Cesaro but gets hit with uppercuts. Jericho rolls Cesaro up and then into the Walls of Jericho. Cesaro manages to turn it into a Sharpshooter as fans pop. AJ springboards in and breaks it with a Phenomenal Forearm. Owens rolls AJ up for a 2 count. They go at it. AJ with a Pelé kick. Jericho with a Codebreaker on Styles for a close 2 count. Fans chant “this is awesome” now. Jericho picks Styles up and talks trash. Styles unloads and nails the Styles Clash for the win and #1 contendership.
Winner and New #1 Contender: AJ Styles