Former WWE & WCW World Heavyweight Champion, Sid Vicious, was the special guest on this past week’s live edition (09/01/08) of Monday Night Mayhem, hosted by The Big Mosh, Blade, & DFL (presented by Sweet Sunshine Sauces: “the official finishing sauce of The Mayhem”) — which can be heard live & in streaming audio every Monday night (at 8PM ET/7PM CT), exclusively on The Monday Night Mayhem Radio Network (www.MondayNightMayhem.com, www.OnlineWorldOfWrestling.com, & www.ITunes.com).
If you fans have missed any of the action of “The Summer Of Mayhem 2008,” then you are in luck! Monday Night Mayhem’s worldwide exclusive with former five-time NBA Champion & one of the contestants of “Hulk Hogan‘s Celebrity Championship Wrestling,” Dennis Rodman, our live & on-location remote from the world-famous Ilio DiPaolo’s Restaurant (w/NFL Hall Of Famer, Jim Kelly), MNM’s ’08 WWE live Draft Night Special, plus interviews with w/former NFL DT & the author of “Hero Of The Underground,” Jason Peter, WWE Hall Of Famers “Superstar” Billy Graham & Tito Santana, the founder of TNA Wrestling, Jerry Jarrett, “The Taskmaster” Kevin Sullivan, “The Living Legend” Larry Zbyszko, legendary WWE manager/the author of “Wrestling With The Truth,” Bruno “Harvey Whippleman” Laurer, former WCW World Heavyweight Champion, Diamond Dallas Page, 1/2 of the TNA World Tag Team Champions, Beer Money Inc.’s Robert Roode, TNA Knockouts Angelina Love, Traci Brooks & So-Cal Val, former WWE diva Dawn Marie, mixed martial arts fighter/American Gladiator, Erin “Steel” Toughill, former WWE/WCW Cruiserweight Champion, Juventud Guerrera, & former WWE Head Of Security, Jimmy Noonan, are now available in streaming audio, as well as via the MNM Podcast/MNM On ITunes. “The Summer Of Mayhem 2008” was absolutely phenomenal, and we have more in store for you as part of our new fall season!
Sid’s first-ever appearance on The Mayhem, as part of the final week of “The Summer of Mayhem 2008,” is now available for FREE in Windows Streaming Media, or via podcast/the MNM On ITunes (which will be re-launched on Monday, September 8th containing The Mayhem’s finest since 2005).
Sid’s MNM Interview (Windows Streaming Media): www.mondaynightmayhemarchives.com/waxfiles/090108.wax & www.mondaynightmayhemarchives.com/sep08/SidMNM.mp3
Sid’s MNM Interview (Official MNM Podcast/MNM On ITunes): www.mondaynightmayhemarchives.com/sep08/090108.mp3
Here are some of the highlights from Sid’s interview on the show, provided by The Mayhem’s senior show correspondent, Dan Kriegbaum:
The Mayhem Crew welcomed Sid to the program for the first time ever, without wasting any time, Blade asked if wrestling fans will indeed see Sid in the WWE in 2008. Sid answered the question on the hearts & minds of wrestling fans around the world by saying he really hopes so. He added that after his leg break at the WCW Sin PPV in 2001, he set a goal for himself to make it back into wrestling & to be remembered in a much better view. He said it would be a great opportunity, which he thinks he will get sometime by the end of the year.
Mosh asked Sid for his thoughts/takes on the recent torn triceps injury to “The Heartbreak Kid” Shawn Michaels, and what Sid thinks the future holds for him. Sid said that HBK is a hard worker, great technician, & “one of the smoothest people in the ring.” He then compared Michaels to Harley Race in terms of being a great worker, and said he will be able to come back from the injury easily. He added that while it might prevent him from being able to get up as quickly as Shawn does, he “still has a little gas in the tank.” If Shawn could not land up going this Sunday night at Unforgiven, would Sid be up for the task of going to bat for his former colleague & possibly take this place if given the opportunity? You can only find the answer to this question by listening to our exclusive interview with Sid himself!
Blade then asked Sid if he would agree that the best/smartest wrestlers are the guys like Hulk Hogan, The Ultimate Warrior, & Sid himself, who can draw big crowds, & sell tickets. In response, Sid referenced story about how when he & Paul Heyman (as Paul E. Dangeously in WCW) used to ride together, and one time Paul told him he would never reach the “greatest workers” plateau. Sid went on to say that everyone’s objective is the same in wrestling, which is to sell tickets, and he believes that “exemplifies” the work of the people who can accomplish doing it.
Blade & DFL went on to question Sid about rumors of him signing with TNA, which Sid was very vocal about. He said that he did receive a few calls from TNA, but told them it was “nothing personal” about his decision not to go there. He added that he just has a personal goal of wanting to be on the main stage again, main-eventing in 70,000-80,000+ seat arenas — something “you could never do in TNA.” As an example to why he would never go to TNA, he used the recent example of Kurt Angle losing his gold medals to “The Phenomenal” AJ Styles, which Sid compared to as losing his “one link of credibility in this business.” He said personally if he ever won a major championship in another sport, he would never put them up in a situation like the Kurt/AJ match. He also wished to add for the record that he has never had a problem with Jeff Jarrett, or at least one that he knows of.
In regards to Sting‘s career in TNA, Sid said that its another disappointment for him. “I know what Sting had to offer to this business, and he doesn’t have it to offer anymore because he’s in TNA. He’s watered down.” He added that if he went to Vince McMahon, he would have made a big difference, and while he still can, it will not be as big as it could have been. Sid then stated that Kevin Nash is another guy that can still draw & make a big difference as well.
As many of Sid’s fans know, “The Nature Boy” Ric Flair has had some recent comments to say about his former Horsemen partner (Sid), and with Flair’s recent retirement, The Mayhem Crew asked Sid if he thinks Ric’s retirement will be just another infamous “wrestling retirement,” or if he is really done for good. Sid said that he hopes Flair is not done for good, as he’s a great guy. He added that with “The Nature Boy’s” WWE release being due to an indifference over personal appearances, as one of the boys, he thinks Flair should have been allowed to be able to have more leeway & leverage with it while he was at the end of his career. When Sid thinks of what defines a “champion,” he thinks of “The Nature Boy.”
Mosh transitioned the interview to one of the most dominant superstars in the history of the business, and one that Sid has been on the opposite side of the ring from multiple times: The Undertaker. Sid classified his feud with The ‘Taker & his match at WrestleMania 13 as one of the true highlights of his career. As a follow-up, Mosh asked Sid if & when he came back to World Wrestling Entertainment, if “The Dead Man” would be at the top of the list of guys he would want to work with & whether or not their program could deliver as well as or better than their clash @ “The Showcase Of The Immortals.” Sid said that he “would have to be…for a lot of reasons,” as The Undertaker is one of the talents that Sid has worked with in the past very well. On the opposing scale, when Blade said that he would like to see Sid take down The Great Khali, Sid said that from what he has seen of Khali, he cannot see himself working with The Punjabi Giant & it being a “money-making match.”
More in this 50+ minute interview with Sid, including his uncensored thoughts/takes on what other superstars he would like to work with if/when he returns to WWE, what he believes really killed WCW, why The Ultimate Warrior’s success was a result of the wrestling boom of the late ’80s & early ’90’s, where he thinks Goldberg‘s “last match” will be, “The Immortal” Hulk Hogan’s future (and how he might have a role in it) & how “Hogan Knows Best” affected it, and much more! One of the most candid shoots of 2008 comes courtesy of Sid & Monday Night Mayhem!
Do you think fans Sid will show up at Unforgiven this Sunday night? As you ponder the answer to this tough question, “Your Home Of Wrestling Radio” is gearing up for the last Mayhem road trip of 2k8 — to Cleveland, OH @ The Quicken Loans Arena, the site of the 2008 WWE Unforgiven PPV. Before heading out to “C-Town,” we did have official business to tend to: MNM’s National WWE PPV Preview tandem of Scott Hudson, The Monster Factory’s Jim Molineaux, & The History Of WWE.com’s Graham Cawthon joined The Mayhem to set the table for the unofficial kickoff of the new 2008 MNM Fall Season: the tri-branded Unforgiven Pay-Per-View. Three times the action, with three different Championship Scramble Matches (World Heavyweight Championship: CM Punk vs. JBL vs. Kane. vs. Batista vs. Rey Mysterio; WWE Championship: Triple H vs. Jeff Hardy vs. WWE United States Champion, Shelton Benjamin vs. MVP vs. The Brian Kendrick; ECW Championship: Mark Henry vs. Matt Hardy vs. Chavo Guerrero vs. Finlay vs. The Miz), plus “The Heartbreak Kid” Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Jericho in the highly-anticipated Unsanctioned Match. Plus, The Mayhem has the latest on: John Cena‘s neck surgery (and his projected return date), when we will be seeing “The Legend Killer” Randy Orton return to RAW, & Mick Foley’s jump from the WWE to TNA. E-mail Mosh, Blade, & DFL to [email protected] or MySpace The Mayhem Crew (@ www.MySpace.com/MondayNightMayhem), and give your comments & takes on the Unforgiven WWE Pay-Per-View to “Your Home Of Wrestling Radio.” Remember fans, Monday Night Mayhem’s coverage of WWE’s Unforgiven Pay-Per-View is presented by The History Of WWE.com. No other website gives you as much wrestling history at your fingertips. From the moments & moments you may have missed to those you will never forget, The History Of WWE.com is wrestling’s true record book!
– Monday Night Mayhem gets ready to kickoff the 2008 NFL Season just a few days early! The Mayhem’s National NFL Correspondent, The New York Giants Insider’s Ken Palmer, returned to the program to preview the ’08 campaign? Will we see the Giants return to Super Bowl glory without Michael Strahan? Can the New England Patriots achieve redemption after coming so close to another World Championship last year? What effect will Brett Favre have on the New York Jets, & can Aaron Rodgers step outside the shadow of 4? Can Adam Jones leave the old image of “Pacman” behind, and help “America’s Team” return to prominence? Will Peyton Maning & Shawne Merriman stay healthy for the Indianapolis Colts & San Diego Chargers respectfully, and help their squads make the AFC Playoffs? All this & so much more, as we celebrate the kickoff of the ’08 season. Are you ready for some football?
*As we officially close out “The Summer Of Mayhem 2008” this week, Monday Night Mayhem’s Crew of The Big Mosh, Blade, & DFL, wish to thank our loyal fans around the world who have helped us get to where we are at now and for your continued dedication, loyalty, & support. We strongly encourage all of our fans around the world to support all of our fine advertisers/sponsors that help make “Your Home Of Wrestling Radio” possible:
– Sweet Sunshine Sauces are the proud winners of over 20 International Awards (including five coveted Golden Chile Awards, three Scovie Awards, & a Silver Sofi at the 2008 Fancy Foods Show) — with more sure to come! Sweet Sunshine has made room for their newly-designed bottles (now available), along with their state-of-the-art website. The reviews from people around the world have been off-the-charts! The weather is getting hotter, and “the dog days of summer” are now really heating up! Now is the perfect time to purchase Sweet Sunshine. If your local supermarket does not carry it, demand they do! Order some today at www.SweetSunshine.com. Sweet Sunshine is the Awesome, All-Natural Sauce.
– It’s time to spread the word about Custom Muscle, the home of wholesale nutritional products. That’s right, Custom Muscle is where the WWE Superstars & Divas shop for their nutritional products, so they can customize their muscle’s needs! Custom Muscle offers over 250 different types of nutritional products: from proteins, fat burners, energy drinks, mood enhancers, vitamins, & so much more! All of these products are just one click away, by logging onto www.Custom-Muscle.com. Or if you fans/Mayhem listeners are in the Dallas, TX area, make sure to stop by Custom Muscle’s official retail store, at 12388 FM 423 Suite #400 Frisco, TX 75034.
– Is there someone special in your life that wants to become the next Triple H, Shawn Michaels, or Kurt Angle? Well, you now have the chance to enroll in the official wrestling school of The Mayhem & one of the most-respected academies in the world…The Monster Factory. Not to mention, The Monster Factory is the perfect place for children’s birthday parties! Approaching its 25th anniversary in 2009, your source for the best & most complete training is The Monster Factory! For all of the lowdown on classes/training schedules/birthday party rates, and how you can be a part of The Monster Factory’s summer season, check out their official website at www.MonsterFactory.com, or call (856) 933-0500.
– Old Time Wrestling has hit the internet! Check out the latest innovation in professional wrestling on the world-wide-web! Old Time Wrestling is a throwback to “the days of old” in the world of wrestling. For only $9.99/month, you will receive over eight hours of matches to watch at your convenience. The live broadcast begins every Saturday afternoon at 2PM ET. Head on over to www.OldTimeWrestling.net to connect to wrestling of yesterday with today’s technology. And are you looking for that perfect gift for the wrestling fan in your life? How about tickets to the weekly Old Time Wrestling shows, located at The Monster Factory. Affordable family fun for all ages & for a great price! Want even more information about OTW? Tune in to The Mayhem this upcoming week & every month, along the MNM airwaves, to hear the hard-hitting Ed Atlas, one of the head trainers, give his takes on the world of professional wrestling…the way it was meant to be — “Unscripted” with Ed Atlas!
– The Rise Of “Hulkamania.” The Dominance Of The Horsemen. “The Era Of Extreme.” Compiling over 60 years of the most detailed ring results in print or online, The History Of WWE.com has become the one-stop source for the glorious memories of World Wrestling Entertainment, World Championship Wrestling, & Extreme Championship Wrestling. WWE Superstars, WWE Monday Night RAW, WCW Nitro, & WCW Saturday Night: The memories & the goodness will never be forgotten & will live forever. Re-live “The Monday Night Wars,” The War Of ’84, Black Saturday, Taboo Tuesday, Center Stage Theater, & even The Elks Lodge. No other website gives you as much wrestling history at your fingertips. From the moments & moments you may have missed to those you will never forget, The History Of WWE.com is wrestling’s true record book.
And if you love The History Of WWE.com, make sure to tune in every month to “Your Home Of Wrestling Radio,” as “professional wrestling’s walking encyclopedia,” Graham Cawthon becomes the newest member of The Mayhem’s WWE PPV Preview tandem (joining Scott Hudson & The Monster Factory’s Jim Molineaux) for the most in-depth analysis & previews of World Wrestling Entertainment Pay-Per-Views!
– TicketRelief.com is the preferred choice for satisfying traffic school on the Internet. It’s a quick, easy, & convenient way to dismiss your ticket. Ticket Relief has grown to become one of the nation’s leading traffic schools & defensive driving course on the Internet. Our goal at TicketRelief.com is to provide users with the best update-to-date information & education because we believe educated drivers lead to safer roads for all of us. TicketRelief.com — a new road to safe driving.
*All new & old Mayhem listeners can still check out the archived programs/shows of “Your Home Of Wrestling Radio” from our six+ years of audio excellence, featuring the official Monday Night Mayhem WrestleMania XXIV Countdown Special (w/J.J. Dillon, The Orlando Sentinel’s Andrea Adelson, SLAM Wrestling’s Bob Kapur, The Baltimore Sun’s Kevin Eck, Pro Wrestling Illustrated’s Dan Murphy, & many more), The Mayhem’s WrestleMania 23 Countdown Special from Detroit’s Hilton Garden Inn, the official Monday Night Mayhem Dream Reunion II On-Location Special from Kokomo, IN — featuring: former WWE Diva search contestant Jessica Hatch, Al Snow, Marty Jannetty, Chavo “Classic” Guerrero Sr., “Nasty Boy” Brian Knobbs, Greg “The Hammer” Valentine, Rosey, The Midnight Express (“Loverboy” Dennis Condrey & “Beautiful” Bobby Eaton), “The Genius” Lanny Poffo, & The Orient Express’ Pat Tanaka, & our “Best Of 2007” show (featuring the top three interviews of 2k7 heard on The Mayhem), plus current WWE superstars (Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Candice Michelle, Charlie Haas, & D-Lo Brown), WWE Hall Of Famers (Jesse “The Body” Ventura, Jim Ross, Bret “The Hitman” Hart, Bobby “The Brain” Heenan, “Superstar” Billy Graham, “The Mouth Of The South” Jimmy Hart, The Iron Sheik, Tito Santana, “Mr. Wonderful” Paul Orndorff, Harley Race, Greg “The Hammer” Valentine, & Don Muraco), the finest from Total Nonstop Action Wrestling (TNA President, Dixie Carter, Jeff Jarrett, Terry Taylor, Jim Cornette, Kevin Nash, “The Instant Classic” Christian Cage, “The Phenomenal” AJ Styles, Team 3-D, Scott Steiner, Kip/BG James, “The Notorious 187” Homicide, Beer Money’s Robert Roode, “Black Machismo” Jay Lethal, Kaz, Eric Young, Tomko, & Lance “Rock” Hoyt — along with TNA Knockouts Traci Brooks, Christy Hemme, Angelina Love, Velvet Sky, & So-Cal Val), Ring Of Honor’s warriors (ROH Champion Nigel McGuinness, “The American Dragon” Bryan Danielson, Austin Aries, Claudio Castagnoli, & ROH head booker Gabe Sapolsky), ECW originals (ECW’s founder Tod Gordon, Rob Van Dam, “The Franchise” Shane Douglas, Raven, The Sandman, Francine, 2 Cold Scorpio, New Jack, Axl Rotten, Jerry Lynn, Lance Storm, “The Pitbull” Gary Wolfe, & Danny Doring), the most-beautiful some of the greatest managers in the history of our business (Percy Pringle III/Paul Bearer, “The Doctor Of Style” Slick, JJ Dillon, & the late Gary Hart), the voices that have called the sport/sports-entertainment for years (World Class’ Bill Mercer, the Mid-Atlantic/NWA’s Bob Caudle, & WCW/AWA’s Lee Marshall), the beautiful managers/valets that have graced the squared circle (Missy Hyatt, Terri Runnels, Lisa “Ivory” Moretti, Dawn Marie, Nora “Molly Holly” Greenwald, Jackie Gayda Haas), wrestling legends/personalities from over the years, past & present (Bruno Sammartino, Jerry Jarrett, Terry Funk, Dory Funk, Jr., Ricky “The Dragon” Steamboat, “The Taskmaster” Kevin Sullivan, “The Living Legend” Larry Zbyszko, Sid, Tully Blanchard, Jake “The Snake” Roberts, “Dr. Death” Steve Williams, “Bushwacker” Luke Williams, The Honky Tonk Man, Barry “Smash” Darsow, Virgil, Diamond Dallas Page, Vader, “Nasty Boy” Brian Knobbs, Konnan, Bruno “Harvey Whippleman” Lauer, “The Wildman” Marc Mero, Scotty 2 Hotty, David “Gangrel” Heath, Chris Kanyon, Nick “U-Gene” Dinsmore, Chris Nowinski, Low-Ki, & Tomko), & some of the most well-known athletes & entertainers from the football gridiron, the basketball court, stage, & screen (including: Dennis Rodman, NFL Hall Of Famer Jim Kelly, former NFL Defensive Tackle/Nebraska All-American/author of “Hero Of The Underground,” Jason Peter, Dave Coulier of TV’s “Full House,” VH-1 “Best Week Ever’s” Greg Fitzsimmons of VH-1’s “Best Week Ever,” Dustin “Screech” Diamond of TV’s “Saved By The Bell,” Howard Stern’s Gary The Retard, Erin “Steel” Toughill & Dan “Nitro” Clark from “American Gladiators,” “Mad TV’s” Aries Spears, & Comic Relief founder Bob Zmuda). All this & so much more…now available on www.MondayNightMayhem.com, www.OnlineWorldOfWrestling.com, & www.ITunes.com.
You must be logged in to post a comment Login