TNA Knockout Women’s Champion, Taylor Wilde, was one of the special guests on this past week’s live edition (09/08/08) of Monday Night Mayhem, hosted by The Big Mosh, Blade, & DFL (presented by Sweet Sunshine Sauces: “the official finishing sauce of The Mayhem”) — which can be heard live & in streaming audio every Monday night (at 8PM ET/7PM CT), exclusively on The Monday Night Mayhem Radio Network (www.MondayNightMayhem.com, www.OnlineWorldOfWrestling.com, & www.ITunes.com).
In addition to Taylor previewing her TNA Knockout Women’s Championship Match live this Sunday at No Surrender, SLAM! Wrestling’s very own Bob Kapur, stepped back into The Mayhem’s squared circle to preview the rest of TNA’s Canadian Pay-Per-View debut — including the “Four Ways To Glory” TNA World Heavyweight Championship Match (featuring: “The Samoan Submission Machine” Samoa Joe, “The Instant Classic” Christian Cage, Booker T, & Kurt Angle), as well as break down the latest on Mick Foley’s signing with TNA, the company’s Manhattan Center show last weekend (which saw Team 3-D re-sign w/TNA), & Kevin Nash’s/Christian Cage’s contract discussions.
Taylor’s first-ever appearance on The Mayhem (as part of the kickoff of the new MNM fall season) is now available for FREE in Windows Streaming Media, or via podcast/the MNM On ITunes:
Taylor’s MNM Interview (Official MNM Podcast/MNM On ITunes): www.mondaynightmayhemarchives.com/sep08/090808.mp3
Here are some of the highlights from Taylor’s interview on the show, provided by The Mayhem’s host, John “The Big Mosh” Masiulionis.
Taylor was welcomed to the show by Mosh, Blade, & DFL, as she was gearing up for her return to her home country of Canada. Mosh started things off by asking Taylor her emotions on “going home,” and Taylor said she was
“so excited…This is the first time that I’m going to be able to what I do best in front of my hometown, in front of my family, all the people I grew up..No words can describe how excited I am.” She credits the fans of the Toronto area as being “hardcore” & “fanatical,” and sees No Surrender heading “north of the border” more or less as a perfect fit, as TNA is the company that loves to give back & interact with their fans: by taking pictures, talking with them, etc. With regards to the event itself, she went on record saying “I don’t think anyone will be disappointed.”
This past Thursday saw the first-ever Beautiful People’s “Beauty Pageant,” which Taylor was a part of. For those who missed it on Spike TV, you are in luck, as you have a second chance to watch TNA iMPACT prior to No Surrender — this Saturday night, beginning at 12AM ET/11PM CT. Taylor loved being a part of this skit, as it was actually a real beauty pageant, instead of being something “scandalous” or the usual “bra & panties” kind of TV segment. There were three rounds/competitions: bikini, evening gown, & talent. She told The Mayhem Crew that both her, as well as her opponent for the TNA Knockout Women’s Championship this Sunday night, Angelina Love, both worked very hard to make this successful, and that “the fans will be pleasantly surprised” as to what they see.
As many fans know, Taylor’s in-ring feud with Angelina Love goes back several years, as both of them had a heated feud within the WWE developmental system. Taylor says their familiarity with each other will definitely help them both put on an exciting match for the fans. “It’s always interesting getting back in the ring with her, because it’s going to be a real fight.”
As TNA Knockout Women’s Champion, Taylor is following in the footsteps of former Knockout Women’s Champion, Gail Kim, who laid the groundwork for Taylor, as well as several of the newer girls that have come into the company. The speculation has been running rampant as to whether or not Gail will be signing her proposed WWE contract or head back to TNA Wrestling. Taylor strongly believes “Gail was definitely part of the foundation” & a “forefront figure” of TNA. She does feel that if Gail does leave TNA, that leaves the window open for someone else on the roster to step up their game & showcase their talents. She does not know “which way the pen will sign,” and wishes to thank Gail for what she has done for her career to this point personally & professionally — having trainer with her for many years. “If she does leave, I will miss Gail as a person, as a wrestler…I have the utmost respect for her.”
In this pre-No Surrender exclusive with The Mayhem, Taylor also gives her uncensored takes & thoughts on: the TNA Knockouts vs. the WWE Divas, her experience wrestling for Deep South Wrestling/why she feels that DSW was given a fair opportunity, the growth of the women’s division in professional wrestling/sports-entertainment, if she classifies herself a “hardcore gamer” with the release of Midway’s “TNA iMPACT,” & what she feels lies in store for the Knockouts division going into 2009.
Don’t miss your chance to meet both Taylor Wilde & “The Instant Classic Christian Cage this Saturday afternoon at HMV (located at 1105 Wellington Rd), beginning at 1PM ET.
Tickets for No Surrender are available at the General Motors box Office, by phone @ (877) 436-8811, or online at www.GeneralMotorsCentre.com. Don’t forget sure to head over to www.TNAWrestling.com to check out the rest of the No Surrender PPV lineup, plus all of the latest on “TNA iMPACT” — now available! Don’t forget to tune into “Your Home Of Wrestling Radio” LIVE this Monday night, September 8th, as the Los Angeles head of Midway Games, Scot Lane, will be taking your fans’ questions/comments on the release of the new “TNA iMPACT” video game…plus The Mayhem will be giving away copies of the game as well, beginning this upcoming week & throughout the months of September & October!
*As we officially kick off “The Summer Of Mayhem 2008” this week, Monday Night Mayhem’s Crew of The Big Mosh, Blade, & DFL, wish to thank our loyal fans around the world who have helped us get to where we are at now and for your continued dedication, loyalty, & support. We strongly encourage all of our fans around the world to support all of our fine advertisers/sponsors that help make “Your Home Of Wrestling Radio” possible:
– Sweet Sunshine Sauces are the proud winners of over 20 International Awards (including five coveted Golden Chile Awards, three Scovie Awards, & a Silver Sofi at the 2008 Fancy Foods Show) — with more sure to come! Sweet Sunshine has made room for their newly-designed bottles (now available), along with their state-of-the-art website. The reviews from people around the world have been off-the-charts! The weather is getting hotter, and “the dog days of summer” are now really heating up! Now is the perfect time to purchase Sweet Sunshine. If your local supermarket does not carry it, demand they do! Order some today at www.SweetSunshine.com. Sweet Sunshine is the Awesome, All-Natural Sauce.
– It’s time to spread the word about Custom Muscle, the home of wholesale nutritional products. That’s right, Custom Muscle is where the WWE Superstars & Divas shop for their nutritional products, so they can customize their muscle’s needs! Custom Muscle offers over 250 different types of nutritional products: from proteins, fat burners, energy drinks, mood enhancers, vitamins, & so much more! All of these products are just one click away, by logging onto www.Custom-Muscle.com. Or if you fans/Mayhem listeners are in the Dallas, TX area, make sure to stop by Custom Muscle’s official retail store, at 12388 FM 423 Suite #400 Frisco, TX 75034.
– Is there someone special in your life that wants to become the next Triple H, Shawn Michaels, or Kurt Angle? Well, you now have the chance to enroll in the official wrestling school of The Mayhem & one of the most-respected academies in the world…The Monster Factory. Not to mention, The Monster Factory is the perfect place for children’s birthday parties! Approaching its 25th anniversary in 2009, your source for the best & most complete training is The Monster Factory! For all of the lowdown on classes/training schedules/birthday party rates, and how you can be a part of The Monster Factory’s summer season, check out their official website at www.MonsterFactory.com, or call (856) 933-0500.
– Old Time Wrestling has hit the internet! Check out the latest innovation in professional wrestling on the world-wide-web! Old Time Wrestling is a throwback to “the days of old” in the world of wrestling. For only $9.99/month, you will receive over eight hours of matches to watch at your convenience. The live broadcast begins every Saturday afternoon at 2PM ET. Head on over to www.OldTimeWrestling.net to connect to wrestling of yesterday with today’s technology. And are you looking for that perfect gift for the wrestling fan in your life? How about tickets to the weekly Old Time Wrestling shows, located at The Monster Factory. Affordable family fun for all ages & for a great price! Want even more information about OTW? Tune in to The Mayhem this upcoming week & every month, along the MNM airwaves, to hear the hard-hitting Ed Atlas, one of the head trainers, give his takes on the world of professional wrestling…the way it was meant to be — “Unscripted” with Ed Atlas!
– The Rise Of “Hulkamania.” The Dominance Of The Horsemen. “The Era Of Extreme.” Compiling over 60 years of the most detailed ring results in print or online, The History Of WWE.com has become the one-stop source for the glorious memories of World Wrestling Entertainment, World Championship Wrestling, & Extreme Championship Wrestling. WWE Superstars, WWE Monday Night RAW, WCW Nitro, & WCW Saturday Night: The memories & the goodness will never be forgotten & will live forever. Re-live “The Monday Night Wars,” The War Of ’84, Black Saturday, Taboo Tuesday, Center Stage Theater, & even The Elks Lodge. No other website gives you as much wrestling history at your fingertips. From the moments & moments you may have missed to those you will never forget, The History Of WWE.com is wrestling’s true record book.
And if you love The History Of WWE.com, make sure to tune in every month to “Your Home Of Wrestling Radio,” as “professional wrestling’s walking encyclopedia,” Graham Cawthon teams up with Scott Hudson & The Monster Factory’s Jim Molineaux for the most in-depth analysis & previews of World Wrestling Entertainment Pay-Per-Views!
– TicketRelief.com is the preferred choice for satisfying traffic school on the Internet. It’s a quick, easy, & convenient way to dismiss your ticket. Ticket Relief has grown to become one of the nation’s leading traffic schools & defensive driving course on the Internet. Our goal at TicketRelief.com is to provide users with the best update-to-date information & education because we believe educated drivers lead to safer roads for all of us. TicketRelief.com — a new road to safe driving.
*All new & old Mayhem listeners can still check out the archived programs/shows of “Your Home Of Wrestling Radio” from our six+ years of audio excellence, featuring the official Monday Night Mayhem WrestleMania XXIV Countdown Special (w/J.J. Dillon, The Orlando Sentinel’s Andrea Adelson, SLAM Wrestling’s Bob Kapur, The Baltimore Sun’s Kevin Eck, Pro Wrestling Illustrated’s Dan Murphy, & many more), The Mayhem’s WrestleMania 23 Countdown Special from Detroit’s Hilton Garden Inn, the official Monday Night Mayhem Dream Reunion II On-Location Special from Kokomo, IN — featuring: former WWE Diva search contestant Jessica Hatch, Al Snow, Marty Jannetty, Chavo “Classic” Guerrero Sr., “Nasty Boy” Brian Knobbs, Greg “The Hammer” Valentine, Rosey, The Midnight Express (“Loverboy” Dennis Condrey & “Beautiful” Bobby Eaton), “The Genius” Lanny Poffo, & The Orient Express’ Pat Tanaka, & our “Best Of 2007” show (featuring the top three interviews of 2k7 heard on The Mayhem), plus current WWE superstars (Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Candice Michelle, Charlie Haas, & D-Lo Brown), WWE Hall Of Famers (Jesse “The Body” Ventura, Jim Ross, Bret “The Hitman” Hart, Bobby “The Brain” Heenan, “Superstar” Billy Graham, “The Mouth Of The South” Jimmy Hart, The Iron Sheik, Tito Santana, “Mr. Wonderful” Paul Orndorff, Harley Race, Greg “The Hammer” Valentine, & Don Muraco), the finest from Total Nonstop Action Wrestling (TNA President, Dixie Carter, Jeff Jarrett, Terry Taylor, Jim Cornette, Kevin Nash, “The Instant Classic” Christian Cage, “The Phenomenal” AJ Styles, Team 3-D, Scott Steiner, Kip/BG James, “The Notorious 187” Homicide, Beer Money’s Robert Roode, “Black Machismo” Jay Lethal, Kaz, Eric Young, Tomko, & Lance “Rock” Hoyt — along with TNA Knockouts Traci Brooks, Christy Hemme, Angelina Love, Velvet Sky, & So-Cal Val), Ring Of Honor’s warriors (ROH Champion Nigel McGuinness, “The American Dragon” Bryan Danielson, Austin Aries, Claudio Castagnoli, & ROH head booker Gabe Sapolsky), ECW originals (ECW’s founder Tod Gordon, Rob Van Dam, “The Franchise” Shane Douglas, Raven, The Sandman, Francine, 2 Cold Scorpio, New Jack, Axl Rotten, Jerry Lynn, Lance Storm, “The Pitbull” Gary Wolfe, & Danny Doring), the most-beautiful some of the greatest managers in the history of our business (Percy Pringle III/Paul Bearer, “The Doctor Of Style” Slick, JJ Dillon, & the late Gary Hart), the voices that have called the sport/sports-entertainment for years (World Class’ Bill Mercer, the Mid-Atlantic/NWA’s Bob Caudle, & WCW/AWA’s Lee Marshall), the beautiful managers/valets that have graced the squared circle (Missy Hyatt, Terri Runnels, Lisa “Ivory” Moretti, Dawn Marie, Nora “Molly Holly” Greenwald, Jackie Gayda Haas), wrestling legends/personalities from over the years, past & present (Bruno Sammartino, Jerry Jarrett, Terry Funk, Dory Funk, Jr., Ricky “The Dragon” Steamboat, “The Taskmaster” Kevin Sullivan, “The Living Legend” Larry Zbyszko, Sid, Tully Blanchard, Jake “The Snake” Roberts, “Dr. Death” Steve Williams, “Bushwacker” Luke Williams, The Honky Tonk Man, Barry “Smash” Darsow, Virgil, Diamond Dallas Page, Vader, “Nasty Boy” Brian Knobbs, Konnan, Bruno “Harvey Whippleman” Lauer, “The Wildman” Marc Mero, Scotty 2 Hotty, David “Gangrel” Heath, Chris Kanyon, Nick “U-Gene” Dinsmore, Chris Nowinski, Low-Ki, & Tomko), & some of the most well-known athletes & entertainers from the football gridiron, the basketball court, stage, & screen (including: Dennis Rodman, NFL Hall Of Famer Jim Kelly, former NFL Defensive Tackle/Nebraska All-American/author of “Hero Of The Underground,” Jason Peter, Dave Coulier of TV’s “Full House,” VH-1 “Best Week Ever’s” Greg Fitzsimmons of VH-1’s “Best Week Ever,” Dustin “Screech” Diamond of TV’s “Saved By The Bell,” Howard Stern’s Gary The Retard, Erin “Steel” Toughill & Dan “Nitro” Clark from “American Gladiators,” “Mad TV’s” Aries Spears, & Comic Relief founder Bob Zmuda). All this & so much more…now available on www.MondayNightMayhem.com, www.OnlineWorldOfWrestling.com, & www.ITunes.com.