SHIMMER – WOMEN ATHLETES News for 06.09.07
Upcoming Live Events:
– Sunday, July 1st @ Citrus County Auditorium in Inverness, FL
– Live women’s wrestling Sunday in the UK & Boston area!
– Tickets now on sale for SHIMMER’s Florida debut event!
– Volume 8 DVD now available for immediate worldwide shipping!
– Full June 1st & 2nd taping results for Vols. 11 & 12!
– Ring of Honor to recognize SHIMMER Championship!
– Big six woman tag match signed for 6/30 FIP!
– “A Diamond in the Rough” audio documentary!
LIVE WOMEN’S WRESTLING ON JUNE 10TH!
Support women’s pro wrestling on Sunday, June 10th, if you are in the vicinity of two live events that are taking place in different parts of the world.
WAWW (World Association of Women’s Wrestling) presents “Women at War 2” on June 10th at the Marina Centre in Great Yarmouth, UK. Featured on the card will be a tournament to crown the WAWW European Champion, plus a tag team contest between The Norfolk Dolls and The Legion of Womb. Visit www.waw-uk.com for further information.
WWW (World Women’s Wrestling) returns to the Good Time Emporium, located at 30 Assembly Square Drive in Somerville, MA, on Sunday, June 10th as well. Tanya Lee defends the WWW Title against Amber, plus Alicia vs. Nikki Roxx, Lexxus vs. Della Morte, Alere Little Feather vs. Kayla Sparks, and more. Visit www.worldwomenswrestling.com for more details.
Show your support of women’s pro wrestling if you are in the area of either of these events this weekend. Also, UK fans, don’t forget “ChickFight 9” will take place next weekend, June 17th, in Orpington, Kent, featuring Wesna, Sweet Saraya, Jetta, Eden Black, Cheerleader Melissa, Amazing Kong, and more.
TICKETS NOW ON SALE FOR SHIMMER 7/1 INVERNESS, FL!
Advance tickets are now available for the next live event promoted by SHIMMER – WOMEN ATHLETES! It takes place on Sunday, July 1st, at the Citrus County Auditorium (3610 S. Florida Ave/Highway 41) in Inverness, FL. Bell time is 6pm. Doors will open at 5pm. Tickets are just $10 for adults, and $5 for kids 13 and under. The show is suitable for all ages.
Adult tickets can be purchased in advance right now by either using the PayPal buttons along the left side of www.shimmerwrestling.com or through mail order. Fans who wish to purchase tickets by mail order, please E-mail [email protected] for further instructions. The $5 kids tickets are not available in advance, but will be available at the door on the day of the event.
This SHIMMER event is part of a huge “Hot Summer Nights Tour ’07” triple shot of live events along with Full Impact Pro in Florida. FIP will present live events that Friday, June 29th in Melbourne, FL, and that Saturday, June 30th in Crystal River, FL. Several SHIMMER stars will be in action on both of the FIP events that weekend, in addition to Sunday’s all SHIMMER event. Don’t miss this opportunity to see Ring of Honor’s two sister promotions live and in person over the course of three nights!
Signed to appear on 7/1 in Inverness…
“The Jezebel” EDEN BLACK
“American Angel” SARA DEL REY
LACEY of “The Minnesota Home Wrecking Crew”
“Your Soul’s Tormentor” MsCHIF (with DAFFNEY)
PORTUGUESE PRINCESS ARIEL
RAIN of “The Minnesota Home Wrecking Crew”
“The Definition of Technician” CINDY ROGERS
Due to sustaining a fractured hand on 6/2 in Berwyn, IL, unfortunately Portia Perez will be sidelined for the 7/1 event.
For more information on FIP, www.fullimpactpro.com is their official web site.
Mark your calendarys! SHIMMER comes to Florida on July 1st!
VOLUME 8 DVD NOW AVAILABLE AT ROHWRESTLING.COM!
The eighth DVD release from SHIMMER – WOMEN ATHLETES is now available for immediate worldwide shipping at www.rohwrestling.com.
Featured is the third match in the series between “American Angel” Sara Del Rey and the “Latina Sensation” Mercedes Martinez. Plus Cheerleader Melissa & MsChif join forces to take on “The Minnesota Home Wrecking Crew” of Lacey & Rain in tag team action, Tiana Ringer battles Daizee Haze, Nattie Neidhart makes her final appearance in SHIMMER, and much more!
SHIMMER- WOMEN ATHLETES Vol. 8 (DVD)
1. Lorelei Lee vs. Lexie Fyfe
2. Cindy Rogers vs. Serena Deeb
3. Allison Danger vs. LuFisto
4. Amber O’Neal vs. Josie
5. Nikki Roxx vs. Malia Hosaka
6. Nattie Neidhart vs. Portuguese Princess Ariel
7. Daizee Haze vs. Tiana Ringer
8. “The Minnesota Home Wrecking Crew” Lacey & Rain vs. Cheerleader Melissa & MsChif
9. Sara Del Rey vs. Mercedes Martinez
DVD Bonus Match: Sara Del Rey vs. Lorelei Lee
Region 0 DVD. Will play anywhere in the world.
Click the link below to order Volume 8!
FULL 6/1 & 6/2 TAPING RESULTS – VOLS. 11 & 12
SHIMMER – WOMEN ATHLETES returned to the Eagles Club in Berwyn, IL on Friday, June 1st for the first of two consecutive nights of tapings. Featured on the card were the first two rounds of the SHIMMER Title Tournament (Volume 11, Night One).
Before the show began, ring announcer JOEY EASTMAN informed the crowd that SERENA DEEB was in an automobile accident on her way to Chicago coming up from Louisville, but that she came out of the accident unharmed, though her car was totaled. Eastman said she was going to try to get another ride to the venue in time to still participate in the tournament.
1. MALIA HOSAKA def. ALLISON DANGER with the figure four leglock. Hosaka worked over Danger’s leg for the duration of the match, until the pain of the hold forced Danger’s shoulders to be against the canvas for a three count.
REBECCA BAYLESS conducted an in-ring interview with SHIMMER newcomer ALICIA, who didn’t win over many fans with her comments. Alicia stated that she is the top star on the east coast scene, and that she should have been in SHIMMER from the very beginning.
2. DAIZEE HAZE def. PORTIA PEREZ with the Heart Punch/Mind Trip combination.
3. “American Angel” SARA DEL REY def. CINDY ROGERS with a cross arm German suplex.
4. PORTUGUESE PRINCESS ARIEL made her way to the ring for her match against SERENA DEEB, only for senior official BRYCE REMSBURG to rule that since Serena didn’t make it to the building in time, Ariel would receive a bye into the second round. ALICIA immediately made her way to ringside and pointed out that she has defeated Ariel numerous times on the east coast, and if there’s a spot in the tournament now, she deserves it. Ariel ageed to the match, and Remsburg ruled the bout a first round contest. Alicia scored the pinfall following a Michinoku Driver and a handful of tights.
5. MsCHIF (w/ Daffney) def. LEXIE FYFE with the Desecrator.
6. “Dark Angel” SARAH STOCK def. CHEERLEADER MELISSA. During the closing moments of the match, Melissa had Stock up for the Kudoh Driver, only for Sarah to use her leverage to get up on Melissa’s shoulders, into a victory roll for the three count.
7. LACEY def. “The Jezebel” EDEN BLACK with the Implant DDT.
8. NIKKI ROXX def. RAIN with the Barbie Crusher.
Following intermission, REBECCA BAYLESS interviewed SERENA DEEB in the ring. Serena told the fans that she wasn’t injured in the auto accident, and will wrestle on Saturday’s show. She said that though she missed her opportunity to participate in the tournament, she will be closely watching the tournament, and wants a shot in the future at whomever is crowned the SHIMMER Champion.
9. DAIZEE HAZE def. MALIA HOSAKA following the Heart Punch.
10. “American Angel” SARA DEL REY def. ALICIA with the Royal Butterfly into the powerslam.
11. “Dark Angel” SARAH STOCK def. MsCHIF (w/ Daffney) with a Tiger Driver.
12. LACEY def. NIKKI ROXX with the Implant DDT.
SHIMMER – WOMEN ATHLETES presented its second of two consecutive nights of tapings at the Eagles Club in Berwyn, IL on Saturday, June 2nd. Featured on the card was the final two rounds of the SHIMMER Title Tournament (Volume 11, Night Two), as well as SHIMMER Volume 12.
The first portion of the show consisted of matches that will be featured on the Volume 11, Night Two disc.
1. JOSIE def. ALICIA in the opening contest. When the ref caught Alicia with a handful of tights, she began to argue and left herself open for a quick rollup from Josie for the pinfall.
2. LACEY def. DAIZEE HAZE in a semifinal contest in the SHIMMER Title Tournament with the Implant DDT. A large portion of the match took place on the ringside floor, as this bout was more of a fight between the two rivals than a hold for hold wrestling match.
3. “American Angel” SARA DEL REY def. “Dark Angel” SARAH STOCK in a semifinal contest in the SHIMMER Title Tournament with a jumping piledriver, just seconds before the expiration of the twenty minute time limit. The two competitors received a standing ovation from the fans in attendance after the match.
4. ALLISON DANGER def. CINDY ROGERS in a No Disqualification Street Fight. Several weapons, including chairs, a stop sign, a shovel, and a 12 foot chain became involved in the match. During the closing moments, Rogers and Danger began a tug of war with the chain, leading to Danger using her momentum to hit an STO on Cindy for the pinfall. After the match, Rogers continued to attack Danger with the chain, prompting Allison to issue a challenge on the microphone for a Dog Collar Chain Match on Volume 12.
5. NIKKI ROXX def. PORTIA PEREZ & “The Jezebel” EDEN BLACK & PORTUGUESE PRINCESS ARIEL in a Four Corner Survival match after Nikki hit the Barbie Crusher on Jez to score the fall.
6. RAIN def. SERENA DEEB with the Acid Rain (Japanese Ocean Cyclone Suplex).
7. CHEERLEADER MELISSA & MsCHIF (w/ Daffney) def. “The Experience” MALIA HOSAKA & LEXIE FYFE in a tag team bout. Melissa hit the Air Raid Crash on Hosaka, and then neutralized Fyfe, while MsChif followed up on Malia with a quebrada to score the pinfall.
8. “American Angel” SARA DEL REY def. LACEY in the finals of the SHIMMER Title Tournament to become the first SHIMMER Champion. Late in the match, Lacey pulled senior official BRYCE REMSBURG in the way of a charging Del Rey in the corner, which allowed RAIN to enter the ring with Remsburg incapacitated. Rain hit the Rain Drop on Sara, and rolled out of the ring. Lacey went for the cover, and ref slowly counted her down, but Sara was able to kick out before three. ALLISON DANGER and NIKKI ROXX then came out to the ringside area and carried Rain away from ringside to keep the match one on one. Del Rey ended the match with the Royal Butterfly into the powerslam, followed up immediately by a jumping piledriver.
After intermission, matches were filmed for the SHIMMER Volume 12 DVD release.
9. SERENA DEEB def. ALICIA with the spear.
10. MALIA HOSAKA def. JOSIE with a Frankensteiner.
11. MsCHIF (w/ Daffney) def. PORTIA PEREZ with Obliteration (piledriver variation off the turnbuckles in the corner).
REBECCA BAYLESS introduced ALEXA THATCHER to the audience, who came to the ring in street clothes. Thatcher informed the fans that she broke her foot earlier in the weekend and is out of action due to the injury. ALICIA made her way to the ring and showed sympathy for Thatcher, but only for a moment or two until she attacked Alexa and stomped away on the broken foot. Referees had to pull Alicia off of her before she could do further damage.
12. “The Jezebel” EDEN BLACK def. LEXIE FYFE via submission with the Garden of Eden (triangle choke).
13. CHEERLEADER MELISSA def. PORTUGUESE PRINCESS ARIEL with the Air Raid Crash.
14. “Dark Angel” SARAH STOCK def. DAIZEE HAZE with a Tiger Driver in roughly twenty minutes of hold for hold action.
15. CINDY ROGERS def. ALLISON DANGER in a bloody and brutal Dog Collar Chain Match. The rules of the match stated that the first wrestler to touch all four corners of the ring in succession without an offensive maneuver from their opponent would be declared the winner. Late in the match, as Rogers had Danger up on her back, carrying her around the ring as Cindy touched each corner, she didn’t realize Danger was playing possum and nonchalantly touching each corner immediately after Cindy did. As they made their way into the fourth corner, Danger gave Cindy an STO, but Cindy’s hand slapped the top turnbuckle as she took the maneuver and was thus declared the winner.
16. SHIMMER Champion “American Angel” SARA DEL REY & NIKKI ROXX def. “The Minnesota Home Wrecking Crew” LACEY & RAIN in the tag team main event of Volume 12. During the final moments, Del Rey got both Lacey and Rain up in the Royal Butterfly simultaneously. Roxx soon took Lacey for herself and nailed her with the Barbie Crusher, just as Sara converted into the powerslam on Rain for the three count.
Photographers Jill McKee, Gilda Pasquil, and Wally Lippmann were in attendance and shot hundreds of photos, which will be available online shortly. Additionally, photographer George Tahinos shot ringside both nights for Super Luchas magazine in Mexico (coverage of Dark Angel’s participation in the SHIMMER tournament), as well as for submissions to Pro Wrestling Illustrated.
Everyone at SHIMMER would like to thank all of the fans who came out and supported the competitors live and in person at the Eagles Club for the two consecutive nights of tapings.
SHIMMER returns to action on Sunday, July 1st, at the Citrus County Auditorium in Inverness, FL. Look for more details on the event to be announced during the next few weeks.
RING OF HONOR TO RECOGNIZE SHIMMER TITLE
(Courtesy of the Newswire at www.rohwrestling.com)
June 4th: “American Angel” Sara Del Rey was crowned the first SHIMMER Champion this past Saturday night in Berwyn, IL as part of a two night, 16 woman, single elimination tournament. Del Rey defeated Cindy Rogers, Alicia, and “Dark Angel” Sarah Stock during the first three rounds of the tournament, to work her way into the finals against Lacey. Sara finished Lacey off with the Royal Butterfly into the powerslam, followed immediately by a jumping piledriver to capture the title. Congratulations, Death Rey! ROH will recognize the SHIMMER Title. There are currently negotiations taking place to have Del Rey defend the belt in ROH.
HUGE SIX WOMAN TAG TEAM MATCH SIGNED FOR 6/30!
As we approach the next live SHIMMER event on Sunday, July 1st at the Citrus County Auditorium in Inverness, FL, a HUGE six woman tag team match has been signed for the night before the SHIMMER show. The event on Saturday, June 30th, at the National Guard Armory in Crystal River, FL, is presented by Full Impact Pro.
SHIMMER Champion “American Angel” SARA DEL REY & ALLISON DANGER & DAIZEE HAZE vs. “The Minnesota Home Wrecking Crew” LACEY & RAIN & AMAZING KONG
Both FIP events (Friday, 6/29 in Melbourne, FL, and Saturday, 6/30 in Crystal River, FL) will feature SHIMMER Special Attraction matches, as part of a triple shot of live wrestling presented by ROH’s two sister promotions.
All of the info on the 6/30 Crystal River, FL event can be found below.
Full Impact Pro & SHIMMER – Women Athletes presents
Hot Summer Nights Tour
Saturday, June 30th, 2007
National Guard Armory
8551 W. Venable St., Crystal River, FL
Doors open at 7:30 pm and shows start at 8 pm
Tickets are $20 Ringside, $15 GA & Kids 13 and under GA only $5
Advance tickets are $18 Ringside, $12 GA & Kids 13 and under GA only $4
Tickets are available at the door the night of the event
For more info or to purchase advance tickets call (352) 422-4582 or click here to purchase online
Already Announced –
SHIMMER Six Woman Tag Team Match –
SHIMMER Champion Sara Del Rey, Allison Danger & Daizee Haze vs. Amazing Kong, Lacey & Rain
Already Signed –
– FIP World Heavyweight Champion – Roderick Strong
– FIP Heritage Champion – Erick Stevens
– DP Associate Jimmy Rave w/ Dave Prazak & Mr. Milo Beasley
– Mad Man Pondo
– The YRR of Sal Rinauro, Kenny King & Chasyn Rance w/ Becky Bayless
– The returning Black Market
– “Sweet & Sour” Larry Sweeney
– The Heartbreak Express
– Gran Akuma
– “Modern Miracle” Steve Madison
– Eddie Kingston
– Jason Blade
– Irish Airborne
– “Kool” Seth Delay
– Damien Wayne
– Rex Sterling
– Plus more to be announced!!!
Visit http://www.fullimpactpro.com/ for more on FIP.
SHIMMER AUDIO DOCUMENTARY
Chicago’s Rumble Radio aired a 25 minute audio documentary on SHIMMER this past week, titled “A Diamond in the Rough.” Featured are interviews with Allison Danger, Lacey, Sara Del Rey, Gabe Sapolsky, Nigel McGuinness, Dave Prazak, and more. It’s available to listen to online right now at the link below.
VOLS. 11 & 12 PHOTO PREVIEWS NOW ONLINE!
Several photographers shot both ringside and in the locker room this past weekend at the 6/1 & 6/2 SHIMMER tapings in Berwyn, IL. Both Jill McKee and Gilda Pasquil shot an array of posed photos in the locker room, while Walter Lippmann was among those at ringside getting action shots. All three photographers will be posting full photo albums from the tapings soon, but in the meantime, we’ve posted some preview shots on the SHIMMER Forums.
To view Jill McKee’s posed photo previews…
To view Wrestlin Wally’s posed photo previews…
To view the thread with fan photos from the shows…
If you were in attendance at the tapings and brought a camera, be sure to post your photos in the fan photo thread!
SARA DEL REY NAMED WRESTLER OF THE WEEK
Congrats to “American Angel” Sara Del Rey for being named 411mania.com’s Wrestler of the Week! To view the votes, click on the link below.
SHIMMER HIGHLIGHT MUSIC VIDEO
Nykk of The SHIMMER Forums put together an introduction music video for SHIMMER, which opened the April 7th taping on the video screen. He has uploaded the video to the web, and it can be viewed for free at any of the following links…
Post your thoughts on the video in the following thread at The SHIMMER Forums…
Call the SHIMMER Hotline!
Call the RINGSIDE REPORT Hotline!
Visit the RING OF HONOR web site!
Watch SHIMMER matches online!
Visit the SHIMMER web site!