WWE Monday Night RAW
Location: Washington, DC
Date: December 29, 2014
Commentators: Michael Cole, Jerry Lawler, and JBL
Tonight’s WWE RAW opens up with a video looking back at Edge’s retirement in 2011. Tonight, The Rated R Superstar returns to host RAW with Christian. The video shows highlights from their time together.
We’re live from the Verizon Center in Washington, DC. Michael Cole is on commentary with JBL and Jerry Lawler. Tony Chimel introduces WWE Hall of Famer Edge like only he can and out Edge comes with Christian to a big pop.
Christian talks about being excited to be on the final RAW of 2014. He says they should send RAW off with a big bang and do it E&C style. Edge likes the sound of that. Christian has a special edition of The Peep Show planned for later tonight. Edge interrupts and thinks it should be The Cutting Edge. They joke back and forth before deciding on the first-ever Cutting Edge Peep Show. Their guest will be Seth Rollins. They hype Rollins vs. Roman Reigns for tonight. Christian announces Rusev vs. Dolph Ziggler in a Champion vs. Champion match. Christian gets a big pop when he mentions Daniel Bryan and a “yes!” chant breaks out. Edge says Bryan will be here to address his future later on. Edge and Christian go to do a 5 Second Pose but the music interrupts and out comes WWE World Heavyweight Champion Brock Lesnar with Paul Heyman. They get a big mixed reaction.
Heyman and Lesnar hit the ring. Heyman praises Lesnar and runs down Edge and Christian, saying how it won’t take much to cripple Edge and Christian. Heyman is interrupted by John Cena‘s music and out he comes to a pop. Cena and Heyman stand while Lesnar looks on from the corner. Fans do dueling chants for Cena. Cena says the only reason he doesn’t knock Lesnar clean into 2015 is so Lesnar doesn’t have an excuse at the Royal Rumble. Cena says his New Year’s Resolution is to take the title off Lesnar’s shoulder. Cena grabs Heyman and Lesnar charges but Cena scoops Lesnar for the Attitude Adjustment. They struggle and Lesnar escapes, retreating to the floor with Heyman. Cena readies for a fight as Heyman and Lesnar look on from ringside. Lesnar raises the title as fans boo. Cena’s music hits as Lesnar and Heyman head to the back. Cena celebrates, and then follows and we go to commercial.
WWE Intercontinental champion Dolph Ziggler vs. WWE United States champion Rusev in a non-title match
Back from the break and out comes WWE Intercontinental Champion Dolph Ziggler. WWE United States Champion Rusev is out next with Lana. This is a non-title Champion vs. Champion match.
Rusev takes Ziggler to the corners and beats him down. Ziggler fights back but Rusev shoves him back with shoulder thrusts. Rusev keeps control and beats Ziggler around as fans chant for him. Ziggler fights back but Rusev drops him with a shoulder. Rusev drops elbows and covers for a 2 count. Ziggler fights out of a hold and hits a big DDT for a 2 count. Lana yells at ringside and Rusev rolls to the floor as we go to commercial.
Back from the break and Rusev is dominating Ziggler. Rusev keeps Ziggler grounded now. Ziggler fights up and out but a jawbreaker doesn’t stop Rusev. Ziggler keeps fighting back and goes to the top for a crossbody but Rusev catches him. Rusev tosses Ziggler but he lands on his feet. Rusev runs into an elbow. Ziggler nails a missile dropkick and Rusev goes down. Ziggler mounts Rusev but gets tossed across the ring, twice. Ziggler ducks a kick and nails the Fame-asser for a 2 count.
They get up and Rusev hits Ziggler in the throat. Ziggler lands on his feet from a counter. Rusev catches a superkick but misses a splash in the corner. Ziggler nails a superkick for another close 2 count. Rusev blocks the Zig Zag. Rusev with another counter. Rusev kicks Ziggler’s knee out and throws him shoulder first into the ring post. Rusev stomps away in the corner. The referee tries to get him to back off and has to call for the disqualification.
Winner by DQ: Dolph Ziggler
– After the bell, Ziggler is laid out and Rusev is wide open. Rusev applies The Accolade with Ziggler on the bottom rope. Referees hit the ring but can’t get Rusev off Ziggler. Ryback’s music hits and he runs down to a big pop. Rusev meets him and gets decked. Ryback nails a Meathook clothesline and Rusev retreats. A big “feed me more” chant starts as Rusev stumbles with the Russian flag. Ryback’s music hits as he helps Ziggler up and Rusev looks on with Lana.
– The announcers plug the WWE Network and the Road to WrestleMania 31. Still to come, The Usos vs. Damien Sandow and The Miz for the WWE Tag Team Titles. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and Ryback is in the ring. Ryback says he wants to talk to the fans for a few minutes. He says there’s been some misunderstanding between him and the fans since he debuted. Ryback says he decided as a kid at his first WWE live event that he wanted to be a WWE Superstar. He talks about being on Tough Enough in 2004 and we see a clip on the big screen. He talks about getting depressed after being eliminated there and getting a job at some BBQ joint. Ryback talks about reading a book, bouncing back in life and getting signed by WWE again. Fans pop. He talks about Nexus and we see a clip of their debut on the big screen.
Ryback goes on and talks about breaking his leg in Hawaii. He tells the camera man to come closer and we see a scar going down to his foot. He says that reminds him every day how lucky he is to step into a WWE ring. He says doctors told him he wouldn’t wrestle again but Ryback was born and he returned. We cut to a promo video. We come back and Ryback says he stands here today, and then addresses Rusev. He says it’s not an America – Russia thing, it’s a big guy kicking another big guy’s ass thing. Ryback says he takes negative things people say and eats them, turning them into positives. Ryback gets another “feed me more” chant going.
– Still to come, Reigns vs. Rollins. Also, The Cutting Edge Peep Show with Rollins as the special guest. Back to commercial.
Back from the break and WWE Divas Champion Nikki Bella is out with Brie Bella. Natalya waits with Tyson Kidd. Nikki takes Natalya down first and unloads. Natalya fights back and sends Nikki to the apron, in front of Kidd. Nikki gets knocked off and lands in Kidd’s arms.
Natalya sees this and gets upset. She goes after Nikki at ringside and brings her back in the ring. Brie runs over and has words with Kidd. Nikki takes advantage of the distraction and hits the Rack Attack for the win.
Winner: Nikki Bella
– After the match, Kidd checks on Natalya as The Bellas head to the back.
– The Miz and Damien Sandow are backstage talking. Naomi walks up and hugs The Miz. She thanks him. He asks for what and she wants to talk in private. Miz asks Sandow to leave and he does. Naomi says she called a producer and thanks to Miz, the producer wants to meet with Naomi to discuss future projects. Naomi says Miz took a lot of crap, especially from Jimmy Uso, to get her the shot and she really appreciates it. She wishes him good luck tonight and walks off. Back to commercial.
WWE tag team title match: The Usos vs. WWE tag team champions Damien Sandow and The Miz
Back from the break and out first come the #1 contenders The Usos. WWE Tag Team Champions The Miz and Damien Sandow are out next.
Lilian Garcia does formal ring introductions. Miz starts off with Jimmy Uso but goes to the corner. Fans chant for Sandow to be tagged in. They go to lock up but Miz goes back to the corner to tall. Miz comes out of the corner and beats Jimmy down. We see Naomi watching backstage. Jimmy fights back and slams Miz for a 2 count. Miz drops Uso with a shoulder. Miz runs the ropes but runs into an elbow and goes down. Jey Uso tags in and they double team Miz in the corner. Uso with a big splash and a 2 count. Miz with a jawbreaker. Miz gets rocked and taken back to the corners for more offense by Uso. The Usos make another tag and double team Miz some more. Uso clotheslines Miz to the floor and Sandow plays his role and jumps out of the ring. Uso runs the ropes to leap out onto Miz but Miz knocks him out of the air and comes in with a big boot for a 2 count. Fans chant for Sandow again as we go to commercial.
Back from the break and Miz is beating Jey Uso down. Miz teases a tag to Sandow but gets booed when he doesn’t. Uso misses an enziguri but kicks Miz back. Jimmy tags in and unloads on Miz. Jimmy with a big kick to the gut and a right hand. Jimmy with the Samoan Drop. Sandow runs in and Jimmy tosses him to the floor. Miz avoids the splash in the corner but gets rolled up for 2. Uso nails an enziguri, sending Miz to the floor. Uso runs the ropes and lands out onto Miz. He brings Miz in and goes to the top. Uso lands on his feet. Miz takes control and nails a DDT for a 2 count.
Miz works on the legs for a Figure Four. More back and forth with Uso. Uso drops Miz again for another close 2 count. Miz trips Uso and locks in the Figure Four. Miz tightens the hold but Uso finally makes it to the bottom rope. Miz goes for the Figure Four again but it’s blocked. Uso applies a leg submission of his own but Sandow makes the save. Sandow tosses Uso to the floor. Jimmy nails a superkick but it hits Sandow as Miz put him in the way. Uso blocks a Skull Crushing Finale and hits a superkick. Jey tags in for a big splash from the top but lands on knees. Miz with the Skull Crushing Finale for a very close 2 count. Miz with right hands on Jey. He goes for another Finale but Jimmy tags in and nails a superkick. The Usos hit a double superkick and Jimmy hos to the top for the big splash. They win the titles.
Winners and New WWE tag team champions: The Usos
– After the match, Naomi comes down to join the celebration. Jerry Lawler interviews them in the ring and they talk about having a lot of celebrating to do, mentioning JR’s BBQ. They talk about 2014 being a big year for them. Jimmy says it’s all about family and all appears well with him and Naomi.
– We get a look back at The Shield. Still to come, Reigns vs. Rollins tonight. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and Cesaro is sitting down in the corner as his music plays. He says 2014 should have been his year. He brings up winning the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal at WrestleMania XXX. Cesaro says WWE decision makers are now telling him he doesn’t connect. Cesaro says that’s right, he delivers, not connects. He delivers every time he steps in the ring. Cesaro says he doesn’t care about connecting with any of the fans. He doesn’t care about the pageantry, the pyro, and the fancy entrances. All he cares about is what he does every time he steps into the ring. He says there’s nobody in WWE who can hold a candle to what he does when he steps inside the ropes. Cesaro says if anyone thinks they can, come out and try him. Bad News Barrett’s music hits and out he comes to a pop.
Bad News Barrett vs. Cesaro
Cesaro takes the mic and says he’s got some bad news. He says Cesaro might not care about connecting with the people, but there will be something connecting tonight and it’s the Bullhammer with Cesaro’s shiny little head. Barrett enters the ring and Cesaro goes to work on him.
Cesaro takes it to the corner but Barrett comes out with a big slam. Fans chant for “BNB” as he works Cesaro over. Cesaro ends up out on the floor. Barrett follows and Cesaro drops him on the barrier. Cesaro with a big uppercut on the floor. They come back in and Cesaro comes flying off the top for a 2 count. Cesaro works on the shoulder now. Cesaro keeps control until Barrett hits a mule kick. Barrett drops Cesaro with a shot to the head for a 2 count. Barrett goes for the pumphandle slam but it’s countered. Cesaro hits the Cesaro Swing and applies a single-leg crab. Barrett makes it to the bottom rope. Cesaro pulls him back but Barrett hits a cheap shot. Barrett nails the Bullhammer elbow for the win.
Winner: Bad News Barrett
– Still to come, The Cutting Edge Peep Show with special guest Seth Rollins.
– Luke Harper is backstage somewhere. He says he’s a product of our environment even though we shun him. He says he’s a nightmare come to life. Harper wishes us sweet dreams. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and we get a vignette for The Ascension, who will be coming tonight.
Jack Swagger vs. Luke Harper
We go to the ring and out comes Jack Swagger by himself. Luke Harper is out next.
They lock up and Swagger applies a headlock. Harper breaks out and taunts Swagger. They go to the corner. Harper unloads on Swagger after turning it around. Swagger takes it to another corner and works Harper over until Harper nails a big uppercut. Swagger finally hits a big clothesline and wakes things up. Harper cuts Swagger off with a dropkick for a 2 count. Harper works Swagger over in the corner now. Harper takes Swagger down and holds him. Swagger fights to his feet but Harper hits an uppercut. Swagger dumps Harper over the top rope and follows with a big clothesline. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and they’re going at it. Harper hits a huge boot for a 2 count. Harper catapults Swagger under the middle rope and covers for another pin attempt. Harper with a gator roll and a headlock. Swagger makes a comeback. He ducks a clothesline and hits a big one of his own for a close 2 count. Swagger takes the knee out and dumps Harper on his head for a 2 count. Harper with a big shot. Swagger counters a move and goes for the Patriot Lock but can’t get it in. Harper with a big superkick and a 2 count. More back and forth. Swagger shoves Harper into the corner and applies the Patriot Lock. Harper makes it to the bottom rope. Swagger goes for a Swagger Bomb but Harper gets his boots up. Harper with a big clothesline for the win.
Winner: Luke Harper
– We get a look back at Cena and Lesnar from tonight’s opening segment.
– Cena is backstage with Edge and Christian talking about old times. They’re reminded of some of the bad times but Cena gives Edge big props for being one of the decent human beings in this business. They hug and Cena tells Edge to be careful out there tonight.
Roman Reigns vs. Seth Rollins
We go to the ring and Roman Reigns makes his way through the crowd to a big pop. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and Big Show is making his way out for commentary. He and Roman Reigns lock eyes. Seth Rollins is out next with Joey Mercury and Jamie Noble.
Reigns comes to the center of the ring. Rollins backs up and charges. They lock up and Reigns drops Rollins with a shoulder. Rollins goes to the floor to regroup with The Stooges as a “you sold out” chant starts up. Show is threatening to knock Cole out on commentary. Rollins comes back in and works Reigns over. Reigns drop him with an elbow. Rollins goes to the apron but Reigns tosses him over the top rope. Reigns works on the arm now. They end up on the floor and come back in. Reigns fights back and sends Rollins flying out of the ring. Reigns brings it back in and drops Rollins. Reigns goes to the floor and hits the running apron dropkick. The Stooges distract Reigns and Rollins knocks him to the floor. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and Rollins is in control of Reigns. Reigns fights out but Rollins kicks him and goes for a suplex. Reign blocks and goes for one of his own but it’s countered. Rollins takes the leg out and drops Reigns for a 2 count. Rollins with more offense as Show praises him on commentary. Rollins keeps Reigns grounded with a headlock now.
Reigns fights out again but Rollins drops him for another pin attempt. Rollins keeps Reigns down with another headlock now. This turns into a sleeper hold but Reigns rams Rollins back into the corner a few times to break it. Reigns runs in but Rollins drops him in the corner. Rollins runs and hits a big splash. Reigns comes right back with a big tilt-a-whirl slam and the crowd pops. They both get up and trade shots. Reigns comes back with a big punch off the ropes. Reigns with a counter and a back drop for a 2 count. Reigns keeps control but Rollins lands on his feet and hits a big kick to the head for a 2 count. Rollins with another big kick for a 2 count.
Reigns blocks a Curb Stomp. They run the ropes. Rollins ends up on the apron with another counter. Rollins comes off the top but lands on his feet. Reigns nails a Superman punch to a big pop. Reigns readies for a spear but Big Show pulls him out of the ring for the disqualification.
Winner by DQ: Roman Reigns
– After the bell, Show nails Reigns with punches and throws him across the announce table through the air. Show dumps the whole table over on Reigns and it appears his leg may have been hurt as it was pinned under the table and equipment. Show walks to the back as trainers and officials turn the table over and check on Reigns. We go to commercial.
– Back from the break and we see what just happened to Reigns. During the break, we see that he slowly got to his feet but did get up and out on his own.
– Seth Rollins is backstage thanking Big Show. Show walks off and Rollins is looking forward to The Cutting Edge Peep Show. He wants to do a New Year’s toast tonight and wants to invite John Cena on.
– Bray Wyatt is backstage in an ambulance. He cuts a promo on Dean Ambrose.
– We see Daniel Bryan backstage talking to other Superstars. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and Santino Marella will be having a New Year’s party on Main Event.
– We go to the ring and Daniel Bryan makes his way out to a big pop.
Bryan says it’s an honor to be on the final RAW of 2014 but it’s always an honor to be in the ring. Bryan says nobody would have believed that a small guy like him could be in the main event of WrestleMania, except for the fans. Bryan says thanks to the fans, he got the chance to defeat Triple H, Randy Orton and Batista in the same night to win the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. a “yes!” chant starts. Bryan says he can never repay fans for that. He mentions marrying Brie Bella and says it was the greatest week of his life. He says things changed and gets emotional talking about his father passing away. Bryan talks about his injury and how he sat at home watching. Bryan got emotional again talking about how he wants to do nothing but perform in front of the fans. He talks how doctors had no answers. He talked to friends and family. He even called Edge, who knows all about career-ending injuries. Bryan says you get to a point… fans chant “no!” and interrupt him. Bryan says you get to a point where you have to wonder if it’s all worth it and make a decision. Bryan says he requested to make this announcement in front of the fans because they have supported him. He announces that his career is not ending and he’s ready to compete, ready to fight. Bryan says he will be in the 2015 Royal Rumble. A big “yes!” chant breaks out and Bryan celebrates to a big pop.
– Edge and Christian are backstage when The Miz and Damien Sandow come in. They do some comedy and demand a rematch for their titles. Edge gives them a match but it’s not a rematch for the titles. He says it will be next and they walk off.
– Back from the break and they announce Wyatt and Ambrose for The Cutting Edge Peep Show with Edge and Christian on SmackDown.
The Ascension vs. Damien Sandow and The Miz
We go to the ring and The Miz waits with Damien Sandow. Their opponents are former NXT Tag Team Champions The Ascension. Konnor and Viktor make their way out.
Konnor starts off and attacks Sandow as he comes in. Konnor beats him down and tags in Viktor for some double team shoulders. Viktor stomps away but runs into a boot in the corner. Sandow with a clothesline. Sandow hits Konnor on the apron but it does nothing. Sandow turns around to a big shot from Viktor. Konnor tags in and knocks Miz off the apron. They nail Fall of Man on Sandow for the win.
Winners: The Ascension
– Renee Young catches up with Seth Rollins backstage to ask about the invite to John Cena for The Cutting Edge Peep Show. Rollins confirms and extends an invite to Brock Lesnar. He walks off and we go to commercial.
– Back from the break and we’re welcomed to the first-ever Cutting Edge Peep Show with Edge and Christian. They welcome their guest Seth Rollins and out he comes with Mercury and Noble.
Rollins hits the ring and has everything needed for a champagne toast. Edge and Christian insult The Stooges and Rollins says that’s not very nice. Rollins says Edge and Christian were like heroes to him growing up. He mentions their matches with The Hardyz and The Dudleys. Edge appreciates what Rollins said but doesn’t believe it. He says it’s kind of condescending. Christian calls it lame. Rollins says they are way too cynical. Rollins brags about how good his year has been. Rollins asks who has had a better year. Edge and Christian name everyone from Cena to Ziggler to Sting to Slick. Rollins says he has been a party pooper for the past month and he doesn’t want to be that guy any longer. For 2015, that Seth Rollins is gone. Rollins wants to have a celebration for a new Seth Rollins but can’t do that until he brings out someone. Rollins brings out Big Show.
Rollins tells everyone to give it up for Show but they boo. Rollins calls for John Cena to come out next but he doesn’t appear. Rollins tries again but no luck. Edge says Rollins is trying to be he and Christian but failing miserably because he has no charisma. Rollins says he is better than Edge. Edge says Rollins couldn’t be him if he had a live sex celebration with Big Show. Rollins says he didn’t want Cena to come out for a toast; he wanted him to come out because he want something from Cena. Rollins yells at Cena to come out. Rollins says if Cena won’t come out, he is forcing his hand. This leaves Rollins to cause Cena to force his… Rollins decks Christian in the gut with the briefcase and sends him out of the ring. Edge pushes Rollins back. They all surround Edge as he stares at Rollins. Show grabs Edge by the neck. They end up putting Edge’s face on the briefcase. Rollins threatens to hit a Curb Stomp and paralyze Edge unless Cena comes out.
Cena runs out but Rollins stops him at ringside. Rollins demands whatever Cena has and tells him to stay put or he will hit the Curb Stomp. Cena goes in the ring but Rollins yells at him to stop and take a step back. Rollins reminds Cena has a wife and kid at home. Rollins tells Cena to give him what he wants. Rollins wants The Authority back. Rollins continues to taunt Cena on the mic and hold Edge hostage. Rollins finally says it and tells Cena to bring The Authority back. The crowd boos. Rollins tells Cena to bring them back or he will paralyze Edge and it will be on Cena. Rollins has Noble take a mic out to Cena. Cena says he brings back The Authority. Rollins makes him yell it next time. Rollins celebrates and says The Authority is back. Rollins goes to hit the Curb Stomp on Edge any way but Cena runs in and tackles him. Cena fights off Rollins and crew but gets knocked out by Big Show’s punch. Rollins nails a Curb Stomp on Cena. Rollins, Show, Mercury and Noble celebrate and head to the back as the announcers talk about The Authority being back.
They head to the ramp and are met by Paul Heyman and Brock Lesnar. Triple H’s music hits and out he comes with Stephanie McMahon. The Authority has a toast and celebrate on the stage as RAW goes off the air.
Read more at: